South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 09:00 AM   #1  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Default Fill my pita (whole wheat, of course)!

Saturday, Tom and I are going to the DMZ. We're leaving the house at SIX A.M. and won't be home until dinner time. So I'm planning on packing breakfast, a morning snack, lunch, and an afternoon snack plus plenty of water.

I've got this hankering for a pita. Haven't had one in awhile. What would you put in mine? Keep in mind I'm a vegetarian (ovo-lacto).

Anybody got any creative ideas?

Kara
Old 06-27-2007, 09:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

If you're in the mood for something a little sweet, how about a little natural PB and sliced banana?

Another yummy idea is Lite Laughing Cow, avocado, and tomato.

Here's another - garlic roasted chickpeas, roasted red peppers and romaine.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:27 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

AVACADO! Excellent plan. I will build something around that. Sounds yummy!

We only get the Laughing Cow Light Swiss here and I don't care for swiss. Does it normally come in other flavors?

I think I will make the roasted chick peas and bring them as a snack. I like pop-in-your-mouth snacks.

Thanks for the ideas!

Kara
Old 06-27-2007, 10:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

DMZ?
Laughing cow tastes more like cream cheese than swiss. I hate swiss too but, I do like laughing cow. The herb and garlic one is great.
I have to say I would stuff my pita with some hummus and lettuce. I love hummus especially with olives.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:42 AM   #5  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

avocado tomato lettuce and egg salad....

roasted chickpeas for the snack...
Old 06-27-2007, 11:01 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Oh, Nessa, you read my mind. My chick peas are actually roasting right now, and I'm going to leave them in the oven overnight to cool like you suggested.

Thanks for the suggestions, all! I think I'm going to mash up an avacado and mix it with some minced garlic and then stuff it in the pita with some shredded romaine and halved cherry tomatoes. Tom said, "I am NOT eating that!" which is funny, because he really would if I put it in front of him, but he is going to make his own sandwich instead. Avacados were just on sale the other day, so I hope they still are when I hit the store tomorrow. Some of Nessa's oatmeal bars are coming with for breakfast and I'm going to stuff two veggie "sausages" down my throat before we leave the house so I have some veggies in me for the morning (luckily I wake up hungry!). I'm taking an apple and some nuts and the chick peas for snack, so I should be a well fed tourist.

Browneyes, the DMZ is the DeMilitarized Zone, the border between North and South Korea. They do tours there. We get to go to the place where they signed the treaty and see the secret tunnel the North Koreans dug in an attempt to make a surprise attack on the South. PLUS I get to get a North Korean stamp in my passport at the new train station! That should be cool!

Kara
Closed Thread