Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-26-2007, 11:11 PM   #1  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

Default My First "Feel Good" compliment...

I went to my class today and put up my numbers along with my physical activity numbers and weight loss. Everyone does this every week and as I was walking back to my chair one of the ladies, Karen, said "You are such an inspiration to me that it can be done!"

She complimented me on my quantity and quality of exercise and my weightloss. I was so happy that I could inspire! I mean...I've only lost 33 lbs, but I guess people really can notice!

Anyone else have these moments? What are some of the compliments you get?
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:35 PM   #2  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Congrats!

That is awesome! I can't wait to have moments like that. So far, nobody has noticed (except my hubby swears he can tell), but I've only lost 10 lbs. 33 lbs is a lot to lose, so I am not surprised people are noticing. Can YOU tell any differences when you look in the mirror? Congrats again.
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 06:20 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

You're DOIN' it!!

I've gotten lots of comments. I didn't start to get any until I was down about 15-20 pounds, but now everyone can tell.

Keep going!!!!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

"Only" 33 pounds? Well, rock on! I personally think 33 pounds is a lot... once I lose a total of 33 pounds, I'll only be 7 pounds away from my goal... I'm sure the change in you is quite noticible! Congradulations!!!
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:41 AM   #5  
I DO have a BellyButton!

I think it is most noticeable in my legs....probably because my legs get used a lot. I would be EXTREMELY happy if my legs were the first to be thin and stork-like. haha. I've always had huge legs even when I lost weight before. They just don't want to go away.

I don't look in the mirror...especially when I'm naked because I will get discouraged. Mirrors are bad things for me. lol. I do judge how I look by how things fit me and when someone tugs on my pant leg and my pants fall down. lol
Old 06-27-2007, 07:47 AM   #6  

Haha I HATE looking at myself naked in the mirror... always have, even when I was thin!

One of my personal goals is to like my naked body... I have a feeling I will be more fond of it once I get abs.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:58 AM   #7  
Happy New Rears!

only 33 pounds?! you silly sausage, that is amazing. People dream of losing that much weight and never come close. You are doing great.!
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:19 AM   #8  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Seriously, be proud of that 33 pounds! It's put you back in the 200s and well on your way.

My compliment isn't really a compliment, but a reflection of how much I've been exercising. The lady at the front desk of the Y greets me by name! Just a little "Hey Lisa, back so soon?" and a . It's nice. I am a GYM REGULAR!!!!
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:46 AM   #9  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Height: 5'8"

Totally outstanding!!!! Just you wait-the compliments just keep on coming!!!
-Jan
Janny O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:45 AM   #10  
I DO have a BellyButton!

I've got some smaller pants in my dresser drawers and I think I got a little too discouraged last week when they didn't fit yet. *sigh* So I went to the gym and worked extra hard..lol. You know what that means? I'm not using food for emotional purposes anymore...I'm using EXERCISE!!! Wahooo!! I think that's a great accomplishment in itself!

I, too, get the comment "Weren't you JUST here??" when I get to the gym. It's a great feeling that people know you have ambition! You guys make me feel great here.

My weight-loss will be VERY noticeable once I get to my next goal....I look very healthy at 200 lbs suprisingly...I look nice and thin and I don't have a tummy bulge....but I need to be at LEAST down to 189 to try to get into the Air Force.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:43 PM   #11  
Wow...It knows my name...

S/C/G: 205/184/140

Height: 5'5"

OMD!! I got my first one today as well. It was wierd I went back to my university for a meeting and as I walked in everyone just stopped and watched me sit down and then this girl said "yasmine.... you've lost sooo much weight!" and I just beamed at her and sat down!! looool - it was great!
seranab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:19 PM   #12  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I get compliments like "you don't NEED to lose any weight" and "you look just fine as you are!" ..... but.... but... but....

...at 5'3" and 158 pounds, those types of compliments only make me think that people are "just saying that" to be nice, ya know? I know I have a lot of muscle weight on me, so maybe my "fat" weight isn't quite so noticeable...? Still, my 138 lb avatar reminds me of how nice it is to have muscle weight INSTEAD of fat weight... not in addition to...
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:34 PM   #13  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Great job Babybrowneyes. Keep on keep'n on. Compliments rock.

My daughter gave me one today...well, in a way that only a 7 year old girl can do, God love her. She patted my belly in the supermarket and said, "hey mommy, your belly fat flap isnt as big as it used to be", then she lifted my shirt to do further investigation...i was embarrased and pulled my shirt back down with a blushed face, but it was nice that she noticed, even if she did notice in her own special way. I guess she was talking about my "muffin top", you know that fat roll that sort of stick out over pants that are a little tight.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:55 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Patrol View Post
I get compliments like "you don't NEED to lose any weight" and "you look just fine as you are!" ..... but.... but... but....

...at 5'3" and 158 pounds, those types of compliments only make me think that people are "just saying that" to be nice, ya know? I know I have a lot of muscle weight on me, so maybe my "fat" weight isn't quite so noticeable...? Still, my 138 lb avatar reminds me of how nice it is to have muscle weight INSTEAD of fat weight... not in addition to...
We are totally in the same boat. Muscle weighs much more than fat, and you, like me, probably look much lighter than what you are. The problem is, the scale is still telling us we're overweight!

I hear the same things from friends and even acquaintances. It's all along the lines of, "But why? You're not fat. You look normal sized. You're just fiiiiiine."

BUT I used to hear, "You're PERFECT. I WISH my body looked like yours!" and "Don't lose any more weight... if you do, you'll be too thin."

PS: I never knew if that pic in your icon was you or not... you had a great bod and I'm sure you'll get back to it
Old 06-27-2007, 05:02 PM   #15  
hara hachi bu

My favorite happened last summer: I picked up my teenager from a friend's house and he said, "Wow, Mom, I didn't recognize you walking up the sidewalk. You look like someone else!"

And yes, they do keep coming!
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote