Old 06-26-2007, 04:56 PM   #1  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

Default Freshman 15

Well, for me it was like the freshman 40.

I'm a junior, this freshman fat should be long gone by now.

And I just realized I'm right now 13 lbs away from the weight I entered college at. Yay.

Anyone else gain a lot of weight coming into college?
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:05 PM   #2  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I didn't my first year because I was in marching band- in the South. In fact, I actually lost a little weight.

My 3rd year is when all the trouble really started (21st birthday, anyone???)
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:15 PM   #3  
just me

S/C/G: 320/294/145

Height: 5'7

oh yeah. 1 apartment with 4 girls, not one of us could cook. we ordered pizza all the time, and when we werent doing that we were going out to eat. everyone gained weight. now trying to work it off. good luck and congrats!!
brat_61886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:19 PM   #4  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

1st year at uni, I went to the gym every day and thought I was so healthy...and meanwhile, I was eating grilled cheese sandwiches & Kraft Dinner as a bedtime snack, and drinking gratuitous cans of Boost because I thought it was good for me (without realizing how many calories it has, which is why it's a *meal* replacement, not a soft drink!) Luckily, I only gained about 10 lb from all that bad eating over the course of that year...my metabolism was so fast back then.
maalisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:35 PM   #5  
Wow...It knows my name...

S/C/G: 205/184/140

Hmmm... I just finished my first year at Uni... and I put on about 14 pounds or so... which is... just well shocking. I've lost that 14 pounds I put on and a bit more, but I'm still marching on.

Well done and congratz!! Keep going!!
seranab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I gained more like the freshman 15, the sophmore 15, the junior 15, the senior (turning 21) 20, and the second senior 20. I figure I probable gained close to 100 pounds when I was in college. I am currently thiner then I've ever been.

The important thing is that you've changed your habits and are losing the weight now!
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:16 PM   #7  

Height: 5'2"

oh god, yes. i always gain weight in college!

my freshman year, i gained 15. over the winter, i lost 6 pounds. then in the spring, i gained it back, and lost 10 pounds over the summer. my weight fluctuates in college. it's all that drinking, drunken munchies, and late night study snack breaks with friends. and just this past semester, i gained 15..but i'm losing it now, and plan to keep it that way! my friends and i are going to live in a house this coming semester, so we'll cook and eat healthier.

gotta fit into that senior ball dress
kateconfessional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:36 PM   #8  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

haha yeah thank god i don't get drunken munchies...alcohol tend to inhibit my appetite for some reason for that night and most of the day afterwards...but I usually drink a lot in college which wasn't helpful.

And I would always eat full meal portion sizes for a snack...and the worst foods imaginable.

There's a Tops down the street and whenever me and my friends were stressed out we'd gather everyone together and go on a late night snack run and just binge on junk food.

I'm hoping this summer I can get into good habits so these old nag ups don't come back and ruin my efforts in the fall.
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:35 PM   #9  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

When I went to college I didn't gain a ton right away but I gained a lot gradually, about 30 lbs. over the 1st 3 years. I ate out constantly, my 2 favorites were from restaurants right on campus, 1 was an order of those big steak fries with nacho cheese sauce and chili, it was so tastey, a huge portion and super cheap. The other thing I ate all the time was buffalo chicken calzone with breaded chicken, mozzerella, buffalo sauce and bleu cheese all packed inside. I really miss those actually, I've had them from other restaurants before but that specific restaurant made them so F'n good!!

So yeah, I ate like crap and didn't exercise, surprise surprise I gained weight!!
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:28 PM   #10  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Oh goodness, yes, I gained weight. You see, I'm a REALLY nice person. I gained my freshman 15 and being the sweetheart I am, I gained someone else's too! Honestly, have you ever heard of a kinder, sweeter person than me?

In all seriousness, I gained about 50 lbs in 2 years of (being at the evil) college (now in new, non-evil college). Some of that was alcohol, most was eating crap, as much as I wanted, at all hours of the day. A LOT of stress eating, a LOT of eating to numb the panic attacks I was having every single day. Then of course there was the whole doing 0 exercise thing.

I'm fast approaching my 21st birthday (Sept 8th!) and I am way nervous that I'm going to start drinking a lot. I'm not a big drinker now, but I know I'm going to enjoy the privilege when it's new and shiny.
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:57 PM   #11  
lost in translation

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'4

Hi girls, I am new to this site, but my college weight is the reason I joined!! I just graduated a month ago and I can't believe how different my body and face look in pictures from high school and college graduation parties.

I went to college at 120 and stayed that way until I moved in with my cross country running/black belt in karate boyfriend sophomore year. He eats horribly but stays really fit, of course, and I just ate whatever he was eating because it was easier and was 150 by the end of sophomore year. The weight has just sort of been hanging around since then, but I feel like since I graduated, it should be easier to lose now. It is so hard to lose weight in college-- I totally had that mentality that I should eat anything I got for free since I was always broke, which means I was eating at the unhealthiest banquets, office buffets etc.

Anyone actually notice a difference in losing weight in college and after? I certainly hope it is a bit easier now!
mariarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:34 AM   #12  

Yep. I gained 28lbs in the first year in college.

Just now starting to regain some control again, and hopefully I'll lose that 28lbs, and then some (alot some).
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:52 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 195/170/150

Height: 5'8"

I am a rising sophomore, freshman year I went in when I was between 160 & 165, convinced I'd go to the gym all the time and lost the 20 lbs I wanted to lose back then.
Instead, I gained 30 lbs mainly because of the all you can eat style dining halls, the convenience store across the park, lots of stress eating ("I've had such a long and hard day... let me get a french vanilla cappucino & a big chocolate bar" xmany many days), starbucks being on our meal plan, lots of lazing around with friends playing video games, amazing restaurants in the area, a little bit of drinking (I'm not a huge drinker, but I'm sure it contributed), etc.
Now I've set my goal to be 10 lbs below the weight I went into college with. I'd REALLY like to get there by the time I go to school this year, but I will be satisfied with just getting down to my "original" freshman year weight.
I am worried my habits will go out the door when I go back to school in the fall, though I did see my suitemates yesterday and we discussed going to the gym together and whatnot. However, we also discussed how now that we have a kitchen we can have cupcakes and "family" dinners and all that. Oy vey....
I'm gonna have to VERY careful
cagesorwings is offline   Reply With Quote