Old 06-26-2007, 12:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Accountibility/Planning/Menus/July 2-8

Hey all,
Ok so along with being 'back with a vengeance' when I was working towards goal before I took my break to work towards my professional goals I found it really helpful to hold myself accountable every day...so here goes...the accountability thread! Join in and be accountable with me!

Yesterday:
After 2 weeks out of the gym I hauled my butt back at 5AM for a solid 90 minute workout before work
Eating was on plan, rolling in at a very nutritious 1450 calories for the day
I had one moment of weakness involving a square of dark chocolate...not the end of the world and that means none today!
Cigarettes = 4 (yes to those of you who know me I've been cheating with the smoking too)
Cups of coffee = 6 (its terrible I know...but at least they were all black so I wasn't adding extra cream & sugar calories)
Overall I was ok with the day

Today:
I had planned the gym again this morning...but was achy and had trouble dragging myself out of bed this morning...goes to show that even 2 weeks of not working out can take a huge toll
So I didn't go to the gym...but I did get up and did 45 minutes of power yoga at home to get in a good stretch to help work through the muscle aches. I'm going to attempt a light 2 mile walk/jog this evening....after the sun goes down though...its supremely hot here today!
Food is so far on plan, I'm currently enjoying my healthy home packed lunch. I'm aiming for 1400 calories today.
Cigarettes = 0 so far, and I have none and I'm trying not to buy any so wish me luck.
Coffee = 1 cup.... and i'm cranky

ok i think thats it for now!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:54 PM   #2  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey, NESunshine. I'd like to join you on this thread. I've been struggling with being on plan, so maybe this will help. (Before I forget, I wanted to ask if the "NE" in your name means Nebraska or New England. I live in Colorado, but was born in Nebr, so I still have a few ties)

I actually had a pretty good day yesterday. Most of the food was on plan. I went a little overboard (not bad, but a little) with the spaghetti at dinner. DH was out of town and since he doesn't like spaghetti, I don't fix it very often. So when I have it, it's hard to keep from overindulging.

I also walked over my lunch hour. Here's where I have been bad. It is hot here, so walking at lunch is tough. But I did it yesterday and felt good about it. I've been really busy before and after work, too, so it's tough to work in any exercise. But, that's a pretty lame excuse....

Coffee: NOT GIVING THIS UP!!! I drink it black and I'm just not going to cut that back any more. I have cut back some and I'm down to about 4 cups per day.

Cigarettes: I'm awesome on this! I haven't smoked since college (25 yrs ago), so there's a victory. (Ok, not much of a challenge for me, but I'll take whatever victory I can get!!)

So far, I'm on plan today. Working on coffee cup number 3, but I know I'll need a little more yet! I'm taking a friend to lunch for her birthday, but hopefully I can remain sensible!!! I'll check back later.

Just a shout out to Lifeguard: Care to join in on this? I know you're struggling too, so join in!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:47 PM   #3  

Hey Slashnl..
New England... I'm a Boston gal... Haha, I'll never give up my coffee either...but if I don't pay attention to it I'd never drink water and easily blow through coffee by the pot!
Over time I've been trying to find the best way to fit in gym time (I have a really long commute and a demanding job) these days I actually get up to work out at 4:45 am
its a killer but it makes the time!
Old 06-26-2007, 01:53 PM   #4  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Man, I need this at the moment. If I have to write down my sins, perhaps that'll make me think before I indulge them...

Monday, I hit the gym for the first time in about 3 weeks and did weights. I was sore yesterday, but it was a good sore, if that makes sense.

Tuesday, I went to the gym again - an hour's cardio. I made 15 minutes on the devil machine (rowing machine) which felt really good!

Today is going to be a little busy - I've got an appointment after work, which means that by the time I get home it'll be dark, and there's no way I'm walking around my "interesting" neighbourhood in the dark! The only exercise I'll get is the 30 mins walk into town to pick up the bus. Can't be helped, but it is a bit frustrating. Roll on summer!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 03:14 PM   #5  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Thank You, Sunshine! I was trying to continue the "committment" thread we used to have, but I just couldnt keep anyone interested. I really need a place to be accountable each day about what is going on with me and my plan.

Today and yesterday - My big problem is getting motivated to start again. I've been off plan....way off!...for a few weeks now and I just dread starting all over again. I dread the withdrawal from sugar......trying to find other ways of relaxing or comforting myself....telling myself no again...planning meals again. Yeah, I know....I'm being a whiney baby! I wish I had never gone off plan...its so hard to get started again. But, I don't want to gain back all of the weight that I worked so hard to lose. And, I want what others here have found.....feeling good about themselves and their body...wearing beautiful clothes...having tons of energy and feeling young again.

I plan on starting again tomorrow morning. I do need to sit down and plan my food for the day. And, I need to put that treadmill together! I've had it for two weeks now, but I havent put it together. Afterall, if I put it together, I have no more excuses!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 03:22 PM   #6  
Diane

Hey Rhonda, we're all a bit whiney when we have to be accountable. Don't EVEN get me started!! I do remember your thread of "I am committed today" or something like that. Obviously, I wasn't very committed!!

NESunshine: I have a friend who is a professor at Wellesley Univ and his wife is a professor at Boston Univ. It really is a pretty area and rich in culture! (Not that there isn't culture out here in Colorado... just not a lot when you go out to my mini-ranch. Unless chickens, cows and horses are culture!! ha)
Old 06-26-2007, 03:29 PM   #7  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Great idea for a thread! I know checking in and giving some lame excuse for why I didn't follow through w/ working out is one way to keep me on track.

Yesterday--food wise I did well, could have chosen a bit better for dinner, but overall it was ok. I worked out at the gym--back/legs w/ weights and 25 mins of cardio. While on the treadmill I was sweating SO much, but it felt great!

Today it is very hot, but I am still planning on going to the gym. The plan is arms/shoulders w/ weights and 25 mins of cardio. I have done well as far as making healthy food choices (so far) today.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 03:46 PM   #8  

Small world Slashnl! I actually did my masters at Boston University.... I've pretty much lived here my whole life (well I grew up and live a bit north of the city) .. what i like to call a wasteland of suburbs.... I'm not a suburb person... I like either 100% city or middle of nowhere country.. but hey you live where you can afford it!
There is a lot of culture in Boston...it's a small city... you can't get away from it! I actually work for the theatres downtown so I'm in the thick of it!

I'm a fan of farm animals...i get a lot more excited if I see a cow than if I see a theatre! No cows in the city

as for the point of the thread... I'm still on track!
Old 06-26-2007, 04:46 PM   #9  

I, too, need some accountability, though I really hate doing it. So, thanks for the thread, NESunshine, and the kick in the pants that goes with it. Here goes.

Yesterday - Back on plan for me. I hadn't really gotten too far off of it, but I was adding things that I knew I didn't need. Unfortunately, I hadn't planned well, so I didn't eat until after going shopping, which didn't happen until early afternoon, so I ate fewer than 500 calories yesterday. Not a good thing. Good nutritious, delectable food, though, so making progress. I also went swimming in the morning and went for a two-hour walk / jog in the evening. I am also trying to get some balance on that as well - I can be extreme and I am not completing all of my responsibilities when I spend so much time exercising. I also did some arm and abs strength training.

Today - Ate a good breakfast. 13-year-old daughter made chocolate chip cookies. Nasty. Eggs, sugar, white flour, margarine - all the things that do my body no good at all. AND slightly burned. Yet, I found myself nibbling despite yesterday's resolve. At various times, I took three cookies, though never eating more than a small bite and giving it to a nearby child. Then, I found myself eating a bit of the batter. Controlled binge - I didn't eat more than a cookie's worth. Still, I never would have done it when I was really committed. So - left the house for a short walk to get rid of the craving, then spoke with my daughter about why I can't have that stuff in the house. Promised to buy her ingredients for healthier recipes. **SIGH** I did swim this morning, though, and have been on plan other than the disgusting cookie incident.

Oh - and another confession. My weight fluctuates significantly (sometimes as much as six pounds in a day!), so I don't change my ticker each time I weigh, but it's been 222 for two days now. I'm not adjusting my ticker upwards, though, cuz it's comin' back off!

Laurie
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:47 PM   #10  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Yessss....accountability will be a very good thing for me right now

So far today has been:

1 Tea w/cream & sugar
1 medium apple
1 Tbsp. natural penaut butter
1 large egg
2 slices brown toast w/a bit of butter
Spaghetti w/ marinara, parm, slice of garlic bread
2 cups cherries YUM!
popcorn with white cheddar seasoning

Total for the day: 2040
NOT low enough by any means...but I'm not looking to start at 1200 cals a day and get my body stuck.
THIS time, I'm going to start on the high side, and bump the cals down slowly!

Last edited by famograham; 06-27-2007 at 01:49 PM.
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:03 PM   #11  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Red face Prodigal Chick

Hi Sunshine! (and everyone else!) I've been a serious lurker for the past 6 months, but I'd like to come back if you'll have me. I thought it was fate that on the same day I decided to PM Robin to say hi (and congrats on her AMAZING progress), I saw NESunshine came back too! And then to see my favorite accountability/commitment making a comeback, I just can't stay in the shadows any longer... I feel unseen hands pushing/pulling me back to 3FC!

My rollercoaster in a nutshell: Got down from 316 to 283 in January '07. Fell off the wagon with major depression: back up to 306. Broke down and saw a doctor and got put on antidepressants in May. Have never felt better and am back to 282.6. I was so ashamed of my depression and viewed it as a character flaw, that I just wasn't trying hard enough, that I had made bad choices in my life and should feel sad, that only crazy people saw psychiatrists... But I was SO WRONG. The meds and therapy have made me feel normal again and the things that felt so incredibly overwhelming (like weight loss) aren't anymore. Blessedly, one of the side effects of the meds is loss of appetite and I am loving that. I have NEVER not had a ravenous appetite. So that is fantastic (I hope it lasts!). Anywho, I am eating whole non-processed foods, walking 45 minutes a day, and am looking forward to posting with you all again! Your support was so important to me before and I'm ready for it to be again!

Take care everybody, and see you around the boards!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:25 PM   #12  
Diane

Welcome Back, C. C.!!!
Your story is a good one and looks to have a great ending in sight! Good for you.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:24 PM   #13  

YEAH CC!
Good to see you are still around....of course you can come and play in the sandbox with us! I'm so glad to hear that you are getting your depression under manageable control and that you are at a point where you can move forward!
It looks like we got us a mighty fine looking bunch going on here ! Alright...I'm gonna head out at about 8:00 for my walk/jog...its a struggle...it's like 100* and 100% humidity here..boo...but hey, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger!
Old 06-26-2007, 08:42 PM   #14  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hey , Do you mind if I join? I think accountability is the only thing that is going to keep me from giving up, because there are days that I don't want to exercise, or I feel like eating more and more. So here goes:
Today I exercised for 30 minutes on my elliptical, did some general exercises( leg lifts, sit ups, bends ,ect...) for 14 minutes and 14 minutes of free weight lifting.
I ate like this today:
Bkfst: grape fruit juice, kashi instant oatmeal, and a small Banana
Lunch: 2 smart dogs( veggie 45 cal . each) and 2 pieces of whole wheat bread.
Snack: blueberries with yogurt, and a peach
Dinner: Amy's veggie lasagna,
snack : Dates
I felt like eating some more a few minutes ago, so I decided to come here instead.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 06:34 AM   #15  
trgeorg

S/C/G: 289/289/189

Height: 5'8

I have only just started this journey and I am having such a difficult time staying on track. It seems that if I fall off for the day I have a terrible time getting back to eating right.
I went to eat with my mom yesterday. We went to eat Mexican. First big Mistake!! I ordered this to die for creation called an Avocado Relleno. It is a Avocado, filled with Taco meat and Deep fried in a Batter. I dont even want to think about how many calories I consumed. It has been really difficult to get back on track. What does everyone do when you fall off the wagon???
trgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote