Old 06-26-2007, 09:20 AM   #1  
Started June 1st '07

S/C/G: 205/165

Height: 5'6"

Default Oh Come on

I had been doing really good - I lost 10 lbs since June 1st - great loss :-) And then this past weekend I went to a family reunion -and while I ate pretty good all weekend (not OP, but I made good choices besides Mc D's, and didn't over eat), I also had a few beers (okay a few more than a few) - but I was active all weekend - on my feet, playing in the lake, playing games, skiing & tubing etc.

So how in the heck did I gain 7 lbs in a matter of 4 DAYS !!! Sure, I didn't drink enough water and every muscle in my body is sore - but 7 lbs !!

This is something I noticed last time I did LAWL -if I went off plan for even a few days I gained weight back almost immediatly.

I'm a little "lost" and starting to doubt all of this.
Snowdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:29 AM   #2  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

snow--I can almost guarantee you did not gain 7 pounds. Between the water weight, muscle water weight, and sodium stored in your body MOST will drop in a day or 2. This has been my experience and from reading this forum for over a year it's the experience of many post binge. Don't doubt yourself or the program because both are great! Hang in there--hang with us--you will be pleasantly surprised once you've been OP a couple days. Keep us posted--I hope I get to say "I told you so!" LOL.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:45 AM   #3  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Snow.........that is the story of my life lately. I keep losing and then gaining it back over the weekend......with a little extra. It's junk. But, when I am OP, that doens't happen.......so be strong, and don't give up.......it will go away. This happens to Kristen too........one day of play means a week or two of work. Stay strong
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:48 AM   #4  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Snow - Lee Ann is right...you certainly didn't take in enough calories to gain 7 pounds in 4 days. That would be 24,500 calories - impossible!!! Don't give up, though. I can speak from experience. I stopped going to the center one year ago because I had one too many days of going in for WI and ending up with a gain. I cried (literally) at the COD, left frustrated and never went back. I felt sorry for myself, ate and ate and ate, and managed to gain about 30 pounds in one year...yikes!!! Makes me wonder if I would be at goal if I would have skipped WI that day, ya know?
Anyway, hang in there. It's just a temporary gain from water weight and will certainly be gone as quickly as it came. It's actually surprising how much water weight you can get from certain foods/drinks. Like if I have chinese and WI the next day I could see a 3 pound gain. Needless to say, I make sure I eat light on the days before my WI...like we've said over and over again...weight loss is so much a mental challenge.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:49 AM   #5  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

I was posting at the same time as Nicole...but take her advice too
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:12 AM   #6  
This time is gonna work!!

S/C/G: 195/184/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm glad this is up. I had a weekend of cheats. Too many starches here--some chocolate there...pasta late at night during a business meeting and even had hotdogs yesterday. With all of that I had put back on 3 and am already down 1. I seriously contemplated doing a to since I weigh in tomorrow but I heard those are too harsh on the metabolism to do them often. Anyway I'm sure we'll get back OP and feel better soon. I know to keep up with this program I'm going to have to get a cookbook or something because I am soooo sick of the same foods already. That makes cheating a little easier for me. ACK!
JDLAStew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 145/138/125

Height: 4'11''

do you gain much from your menstrual period too? I had mine last week and seen a 5lb gain but its starting to go down, it was very discouraging.....I didnt go into my weigh in last week.......but is this normal..
Evans Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:20 PM   #8  
Started June 1st '07

S/C/G: 205/165

Height: 5'6"

No, I normally don't gain at TOM - weird compared to a lot on here that say they do. When I lost weight before I'd actually drop a bunch of weight (2-4 lbs) right before - the scale could hold the same right up until then and then I would drop. I wouldn't gain any back during or after either.
But then again my TOM comes & goes with out much notice from me - no pain, etc. :-) I won't complain.
Snowdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:38 PM   #9  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

oohh..i just wanted to post on here quick and ask: did you get too much sun while you were at the lake? i found that on memorial day weekend, i gained like 4lbs and it wasn't because of a few drinks i had, it was because i had gotten sunburnt and my body was retaining tons of water from being burnt. could that be a possibility for you, maybe?
idk, i was just gonna throw that out there for ya since it happened to me about a month ago.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:01 AM   #10  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Getting a lot of sun and heat will make you retain water, as will sore muscles. Muscles need water to repair themselves. Remember poor Felicia after getting too much sun a few weeks ago? She was a up a few lbs for a few days after that.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote