Support Groups - need new Moo Joo

View Full Version : need new Moo Joo

Schatzi
06-25-2007, 08:11 PM
Thats it!!! Cows need some new mojo!!! I say !!!!!....
All goodness will befall our downtrodden cows... :wizard:
hooves and hips will be healed!!! :yoga:

ok, thats all I got.. :rolleyes:

Bagzz
06-25-2007, 09:41 PM
Shatzi i commend you---no other cow has managed to break into this herd---and you did it with great finesse---you may have the honourary turkey carcass for a week.

SugP
06-26-2007, 04:31 AM
Schatzi rocks my world! :broc:

Yes, we MUST stop this vicious cycle of bad, bad things happening to GOOD cows.:(

Schatzi
06-26-2007, 11:40 PM
Yesssssssssss, part of my plan to take over the world involves infiltrating the herd :s: Mooohaha...

Chicken Bones and Turkey Carcasses! we do have a poultry fetish.. eh? Heheeeeeeeeeee, I shall drag the carcass around proudly.

ok so good news... Darbydoo had her stomach staples out..she healed up right as rain...

good news ...DH who should give seminars on negotiations suggested I attempt to wrangle another 5,000 more out of my annual salary... and they agreed... Wheeeeeeeeeeeee! I start the week of July 9th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tomorrow I go get a passport... then a tooth fixed and to the tailors to have my pants shortened and sleeves taken up... why dont they make Weeble clothes :sumo:

Bad news: I was bitten bitten bitten bitten by a bloody Lyme carryin TICK! I ripped him off my gut... and spied 4 bites, with rash... rash got worse... I go to doctor.. doctor takes blood...and puts me on Doxycilin or something like that there... Doctor calls... positive for lymes! :yikes:

good news..we caught it quick and now we will irradicate those horrid lymies with antibiotics...

Schatzi
06-27-2007, 02:46 PM
Nobuddys carcass is here but mine..what gives :shrug:
tawk ta me...my carefree days are numbered.

Schatzi
06-27-2007, 02:58 PM
Where's the LOOOVE??? crap! I hate when I'm a chatty cathy and no one to tawk ears off a.

Kiwonk
06-27-2007, 04:03 PM
ok so good news... Darbydoo had her stomach staples out..she healed up right as rain...
Excellent!! I'm sure that's a relief; one less worry at least. You do pile them on, though, don't you: lyme disease? Good god I hope that clears up quickly. Bloody lymies.

Great news about your job. Wow, that is coming up quickly. No way will you get a passport in that time, will you? Or is it a renewal? I guess you can pay extra and get an expedited one.

God it's bloody hot here. Of course, no a/c, so I'm just doing what I do best....nothing. :lol:

Later
Kiwi

Schatzi
06-27-2007, 04:14 PM
OOOOHHHH a COW!! STAY ON LINE!!!

Schatzi
06-27-2007, 04:25 PM
Yes, in fact the Vet gave me the # of the manager for Bass Lake.. Apparently Darby hasnt been the only casualty of a fish hook... so I called to add our tale of woe to his book for whatever measures he plans to take with the fisherpeople.. Right now she is all ascared... there is thunder in the distance and she is all a skitter..

Same here Kiwi.. Hot Humid and still... I think celebrities pay big bucks for this kind of spa .. like you I'm in doors but got the AC a balastin!

As far as this lymes thing goes... yes, unfortunately ..BUT AS I STARTED THIS THREAD --NO MORE BAD MOJO FOR MOOMOOS! I like my life to be drama free.. a course it hasnt been that way in a few months...but I have faith that it will become Dull, drab, predictable again...

I filled out the passport on line, printed it out and brought all kinds of documents with me.. had my pic taken ( I notice that my face photographs WORSE then EVER: I have a GOITER... or at least it looks like thats what under my chinnychinchins. And my Eyes look weird- like almondy slitty and far apart with some weird eyeliner on them (I dont wear eyeliner..) and flat hair... CRAP!!! I swore when I looked in the mirror before the pic that I was presentable!!!!!! Anyway.. for an extra $$$ they will "expedite" it and I should get it in 5 weeks..

Kay, all the exxcitement of seeing Kiwiner has my fingers all acramp

Kiwonk
06-27-2007, 06:09 PM
Oops, and I went and disconnected. Sorry! My computer is more temperamental than ever lately, and trying to get a website to load sometimes isn't worth waiting and fuming over.

Boy I hear you when it comes to those little full-face photos. You just know the customs people will look at the passport and brace themselves for what they're about to see when they look up at your face. :lol: Personally I don't know where all those puffy parts came from on my drivers license; I am a svelte 20 year old and I don't appreciate the camera making me look like a middle aged woman! Hmph.

Uhoh Rosie went silent. I wonder what happened to her. Jet didn't step on her; she's right here under the desk (nice dark cave).

ta
k

Cowpernia
06-28-2007, 12:05 AM
ohferchrissake. what is this? shots gets a job, her life is all upsy hooray daisy and we get a new thread to leave the sh*tjoo behind? well, if i am going to post here, it will be a nasty, complainy thread just like the last one.

Other day, Ds came from Houston on an airplane that was hour and a half late because of a medical emergency. A woman couldn't breath and may have died, the passengers think. It took 22 minutes for help to come because ambulances and fire trucks aren't allowed to sit at airports because of terrorist threats. Sooooo, if there's a terrorist attack at an airport, it will take LONGER to get help there. Bad bad bad.

Right now, Ds is strannnnnded in Memphis. NW airlines had a plane late becasue of a "problem with the crew" and he and everyone else missed their connections and there you are. I am very upset about this and want to yell at NW but everyone else is yelling at them and the lines are busy. All hotels are booked but he found a $45 room close to the airport. The room is icky and catsup stained. NW would supposedly pay up to $125 but those rooms are gone. Tomorrow he's supposed to be going to DC with lcp and I was so looking forward to the picture of them posing with GW Bush.

I'm happy for Shots' success but I REALLY hope Rosie is ok.

Kiwonk
06-28-2007, 03:06 PM
Rosie is fine. She had wandered out to the mudroom and tried to swallow a rope. Fortunately she stalled before she choked on it. Silly Rosie, she'll put just about anything in her mouth.

So did DS come home at all? Stop in to deliver some dirty clothes at least? Did you say "did you bring me anything?" :D How did he seem?

I got Jet a cute new toy called an Udder Tug (http://www.helpingudders.com/TugsinDetail.htm), which she is at the moment trying to chew apart. I have discovered that she only likes chew toys that have some realistic prospect of destroying -- if it's made entirely of indestructible rubber, she's not interested. This one has rope on it, so she's working hard on that.

Well, DD went to work; she's working 1-10 today and 8 am to 10 pm tomorrow, filling in for someone else's shifts. DH went down to his parents' house, so I am home alone without transportation once again. DH caught some huge trout yesterday, so before DD went to work, we had a lunch of the trout he caught a few days earlier. Gotta keep up with all that fish, you know.

I think I'll go take photos of my chairs and my shorts, as requested.

Kiwi

Schatzi
06-28-2007, 03:20 PM
:rofl: Oh that Rosie!

Darby has only one toy she likes, I think it's actually for cats..its made of hard rubber and she likes to chew on it like gum... Casey has the attention span of a gnat and prefers to interupt my darby play time by stealing the ball. I try to amuse her with a tug toy.. this lasts for 1 minute before she heads for the door looking to just be outside surveying her queendom.

DH is turnin into quite the Fisherman!!!! I'm not too keen on fish.. trout I like...any mild fish... but I dont think I could stomach the head choppin scaling and deboning :fr: Dh use to go out for "blue fish" he brought home a mess of it... it was bluish like they beat them with a club rather than catchin em on a line... Yeech!
Yeah Peachpit, did DS ever make it home?? Or was it a hi ma bye ma kinda thing.

I'm eatin cherries. last week they were $6.99 a lb... this week $1.99...no doubt leftovers from the $6.99 week but who cares..

Bagzz
06-28-2007, 04:37 PM
la la la aaaaaaaaaaaaaalalalalaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa laee ddeeee dah dee dahhhhhhhh lalalal alaaaaaaaaaaalalalala deee eee ee dah----i don't have much to say so thought i would stop by and sing you a tune

Kiwonk
06-28-2007, 06:21 PM
Thanks, it went well with the silly classical pops music on the tv at the moment.

I don't do fish beheading either. If they are gutted and more or less cleaned, I will rinse them off and remove any ickies I don't like and cook 'em, but no thank you to the rest of it.

It's too damn hot here, even after the 2nd big rainstorm in less than a day. Humid and hot. I did not sign up to live in NC; why do you think it was so easy for DH to lure me away from there?

Kiwi

Bagzz
06-28-2007, 06:35 PM
He Must Be A Hottie.

Cowpernia
06-28-2007, 07:14 PM
DS came home for a few days and it was SO NICE having him here. Isn't it considered true that you really learn what a person's like by traveling with them? Well, if so, DS and LCP are on the make it or break it part of their relationship. His plane this a.m. was late. She bought tickets for a express train to D.C. but laterrrrrr found out they were the wrong tickets and they ended up in New Jersey. He handed her the phone so I could talk to her and she hung up on me. Now, they're on their way in a "quiet cab" of a train I guess (unless they found a yellow quiet cab) and will get in D.C. this evening missing 1/3 of the tour. Will NWA pay for this???????? Says online that 1/10 their pilots called in sick last week. Or is that everyweek?

I like Rosie. Bet she makes no hairballs.

Schatzi
06-28-2007, 08:43 PM
NiiiiiceBagz... letsee..that was "In the Goddadadivda Baybee hmmhmmmbummbumm" Groovy!

We had a major Tstorm come through too Kiwi.. Darby was shakin like a leaf.. Casey was snoring.

Cowie... ah young love...she hung up on you? Well thats a fine howdeedoo. ....

Cowpernia
06-28-2007, 10:18 PM
I called DS and this lady answered. "Don't Hang UP!!!" she said. DS dropped his phone is some parking lot somewhere he has been and no longer is. She said she'd mail it to us. Today, I carried around a prescription for cholesterol meds and lost it. We is careless.

Kiwonk
06-28-2007, 11:46 PM
He Must Be A Hottie.:drool: that must be it. And he cleans his own fish.

Here's what I did today: took photos of dopey stuff.

I think I'll put the fish photo on one of my previous messages. They just don't go with these.

kiwi

SugP
06-29-2007, 05:19 AM
I LOVE those cat shorts and would wear them with pride. :D

Verging on a thunderstorm here. My dose is all stuffed ub and I need to mop my floor. Do they make mopping robots?

Bagzz
06-29-2007, 08:49 AM
Awwwwwwwwww I Love Those Cat Pants!!! The Body Looks Suspiciously Slim---did You Get Dd To Model Them For You!!!---i Want To Drink Mikes,sit In Your Beautiful Adirondacks And Watch The Fire---i Lovvvvvvvvvvve That Firepit!!!!

Bagzz
06-29-2007, 08:52 AM
I went looking for the fish pic----------HOLY!!! they are magnificent---i want to have one fried up for breakfast---right NOW!! my dad would be sooooooo thrilled to catch those----it brings back memories of dad coming home all unshaven and smelling like the woods {they always made a weekend of it---some old camp in the woods} and going down to the basement to clean the buggers----sigh----sooooooooo tasty them trouters can be.

Schatzi
06-29-2007, 09:16 AM
Well ain't them shorts just the Cats Meow! heh heh....and...yessssss.... there is no aprongut, nor fat thighs... are you losing weight behind our backs :s: :lol:

nice job on the Chairs Kiwi!!!! Yes Yes Mikes Hard Lemonade around the firepit!!!!!

That axe there has me ascared...reminds me of a scene outta The Shining.

Cowhand! Wow , DS is creating some memories on this trip eh? Just think in 10 years he will regale you with "remember when......" Nice lady to return the phone too... and well :coach: Cholesterol taint nuthin to fool with--get that RX filled! I'm on Lipitor myself... My cholesterol dropped over 100 points in the one month I'm on it... and I dont seem to sweat as much... maybe my blood was too thick :lol:

Suggie: hope you feel better doll!!!

Schatzi
06-29-2007, 09:22 AM
Sugar...yessssssssssss! Rosie has a brother!!! His name is Scooba Steve ...

http://www.irobot.com/sp.cfm?pageid=128

Kiwi, I think you need to adopt him...Rosie is lonely and sucking on ropes for attention.

Bagzz
06-29-2007, 03:49 PM
okay shatzi---i will meet you in mooseville with the mike's cranberry and i have to high five you for the BIG LAUGH you just gave me!!!! SUCKING ON ROPES FOR ATTENTION!!!!-----It reminds me of what i thought when kiwonk first wrote about rosie---what if someone thinks she is talking about a pet!!!! haha reminds me of a joke---i will find it.

Kiwonk
06-29-2007, 05:32 PM
Awwwwwwwwww I Love Those Cat Pants!!! The Body Looks Suspiciously Slim---did You Get Dd To Model Them For You!!!---I beg your pardon, that is my own chunkfest under there. It is whatcha call trick photography -- if you leave out the context, you can't tell how big it is. Now let me assure you if I had not cropped out my dimply knees et al, you would have recognized me.... Also, must remember these are nice flowy shorts, hiding a multitude of sins. And longer than they are wide...

That axe there has me ascared...reminds me of a scene outta The Shining. :s: I made sure that was in the picture for effect. It makes me kind of nervous too.
Kiwi, I think you need to adopt him...Rosie is lonely and sucking on ropes for attention.Aw heck I can't adopt him unless he can repair floors as well as mop them.

Tonight we're going visiting and bringing those fish with us for dinner. Wish you all could come too!!!

Kiwi

Bagzz
06-29-2007, 05:55 PM
i probably already posted this joke,but it is my favourite so here it is---A couple was dressed and ready to go out for the evening.

They turned on a night light, turned the answering machine on the phone line, covered their pet parakeet and put the cat in the backyard.

They phoned the local cab company and requested a taxi. The taxi arrived and the couple opened the front door to leave their house. The cat they had put out into the yard scoots back into the house.

They don't want the cat shut in the house because "she" always tries to eat the bird. The wife goes out to the taxi while the husband goes inside to get the cat. The cat runs upstairs, the man in hot pursuit.

The wife doesn't want the driver to know the house will be empty. She explains to the taxi driver that her husband will be out soon. "He's just going upstairs to say goodbye to my mother."

A few minutes later, the husband gets into the cab. "Sorry I took so long," he says, as they drive away.

"Stupid ***** was hiding under the bed. I Had to poke her with a coat hanger to get her to come out! Then I had to wrap her in a blanket to keep her from scratching me. But it worked. I hauled her fat *** downstairs and threw her out into the back yard!"

The cabdriver hit a parked car...

Schatzi
06-29-2007, 06:08 PM
AACK :lol3: :rofl: that is "hi larry ***!!!"""

Kiwi, I went up to stare at yer fish too. What's with the ruler...is that that "putting into context" photog trickery ye speak of? Heheeeeee... I had most :devil: thoughts thinking of man sausages slabbed up there next to a ruler... :s: (Oh, Geez..I just had to edit to add... Not cut off or anything :fr: but just laid up on the table )

SugP
06-29-2007, 07:39 PM
MAN SAUSAGES??? :eek: Lined up side by side on the table????:eek::eek:

(I should be shocked, but that kind of reminds me of that Bachelor Party movie. Yes, I have no taste and no shame. And what was Tom Hanks doing in that anyway?)

Kiwonk
06-30-2007, 02:03 PM
:lol: You guys are a riot. Yes, the ruler was put there to "prove how long they are" and yes, that was part of the hilarity at dinner last night. We had those 3 large fish and more than a dozen smaller ones. The women got all the big ones... It was a guy thing. I'm just glad we didn't bring the ruler with us.

Love that joke, Bagz. Reminds me of the video of the girl who goes to wait for her date in the car and lets out a few nice loud farts, not realizing there are people in the back seat...

I'm updating my diaryland journal for the 2nd time this week. Reading the NY Times always gets me going.

Kiwi

Bagzz
06-30-2007, 03:03 PM
email us the link to dairyland { i still see it that way like it's a cow thing}i bought stuff to make cow earrings and i haven't sent them to anyone yet---if you want a pair ,you have to state whether or not you have pierced ears,and if you are allergic to silver---AND you must state that you really really want the cow-rings because i am lazy and will need some cattle prodding to git going.

Kiwonk
06-30-2007, 06:48 PM
Here's my dairy. (http://kiwi-kath.diaryland.com) Public access, y'know.

Wow, I would love cowrings. Can you really make those? Cool. I have silver catrings and zebrings and pewter mooserings and copper bearrings but no cowrings. Sounds mootiful.

It is a gorgeous day here -- breezy enough to blow away the awful bugs, cool but sunny. I like.

DD is waitressing tonight. I hope she does as well as last time she waitressed on a Saturday. She's accustomed to being happy with $7 or $8 an hour. A person could get really spoiled bringing home $100 in their pocket for 5 or 6 hours of work though. The moosey place is kind of pricey (for our area), so tips aren't bad.

Must go beat up some steak.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
06-30-2007, 06:57 PM
i have been waiting fow cow earrings for months. Yessss, I want them.

ds is supposed to be back in the US by now and hasn't called. Worry worry worry. Since he lost his cell phone I can only call lcp and it's not the same. She said they wouldn't call while in Canada anyway which was ok but they should be back.

Now, you know I had insurance for one short month. During that time, I had a couple of tests. A CT scan was billed to the insurance company for $7,720. The allowed $566 and paid $416. I had to pay the rest up front. The rest of it will not be paid by anybody. Isn't that sick?????? People without insurance will be expected to .... it is so disturbing.

Bagz, drive over to Niagara Falls and look for DS. Is it far?

Bagzz
06-30-2007, 09:31 PM
wait a minute----you had to pay six thousand plus dollars UP FRONT???? ARE YOU SERIOUS???? did you really mean the test cost SEVEN THOUSAND,SEVEN HUNDRED AND TWENTY DOLLARS!!! I NEED YOU TO CLARIFY YOUR NUMBERS BEFORE I HAVE A HEART ATTACK----how the **** could anyone pay that amount of money UP FRONT???? I WOULD BE DEAD BY NOW!!!!

Bagzz
06-30-2007, 09:36 PM
I haven't seen SICKO and i will admit we have slow service up here in canada,but it really is looked after by the government-we do have high taxes but i still think it's worth it to pay it and not have to worry about whether or not you can afford a test to see if you have a serious problem.If all you do is elect a president who figures out a way to deliver universal health care,that will be doing a lot----i am sure the insurance companies would be shaking in their boots if they thought they were in any danger--they probably aren't concerned at all---jerks.

Cowpernia
06-30-2007, 09:50 PM
Oh, I was so unclear. I paid $150. The rest was not paid and will never be paid. However, if I were uninsured, I would be expected to pay the whole seven thousand whatever. Yes, Canada is much more fabulous in this area . And in others. They have Bagz and Sugar.

SugP
07-01-2007, 07:40 AM
Oh, I was so unclear. I paid $150. The rest was not paid and will never be paid.

Phew! My jaw almost dropped to the floor when I read about the thousands!! But you do wonder where the money comes from to pay the rest when they'd make uninsured people pay it. Makes it seem like the horrendous price is totally fake. I don't know nothin' about the Canadian health system any more. I think you get good enough care , but you have to wait for mooooooonths to see a specialist or have an operation, right Bagziee?? My mother has spinal stenosis where the nerves in the lower back are being squeezed together causing excruciating pain and she has no idea when she'll be getting relief except for a couple of cortisone shots.

:moo: earrings???? Oooooooh, yes please! I have pierced ears and am allergic to silver and nickel (and cats, bunnies and horses). Ear size: petite.

We had an almost kid free weekend: ds11 went to Oma's to stay over night and watch the "Schützenfest" (guys in green suits and hats with guns and beer steins) parade and ds14 went to a year end party at someone's farm and got to sleep in the barn. So we did what any old married couple would do when they're all alone - we went shopping! I got new shoes, dh got a new patio table, lawn fertilizer and a t-bone steak. Wheeee.

And....HAPPY CANADA DAY! to all the fabulous Canadians out there. I almost forgot until yesterday and then I had a friend coming over today and I amost forgot again but then she cancelled so I still have time to make CHERRY PIE!

Cowpernia
07-01-2007, 08:38 AM
I just saw Michael Moore being interviewed on tv in front of idiots who were on cell phones and waving to Shirley back home. He said that 24 of the top 25 industrialized nations have national health insurance. The interviewer said she didn't want to get sick in those countries because America has the best doctors. Yes, he agreed, if you work for CNBC, America has the best doctors.

Then he said we should take the thing that Canada does right, France does right, England does right and make our own plan instead of arguing about the things they do wrong.

Sugar, my friend has a Canadian friend who got sick and has a push kind of personality. He insisted they send him to the U.S. Mayo Clinic and they did.

DS is on his way home. Bagzie, you can quit looking for him.

Kiwonk
07-01-2007, 07:04 PM
She said they wouldn't call while in Canada anyway which was ok but they should be back.
Bagz, drive over to Niagara Falls and look for DS. Is it far?Niagara Falls? How romantic... She is smart not to use the phone out of the US. DD went to Montreal in January and didn't make calls while out of the country, but people called her (including me). She has free incoming calls, so we thought it would be pretty cheap (or maybe free). We couldn't find ANY information on US Cellular's website about it, so we just had to wait until the bill came to find out. We were wronggggggggggggg -- it was really expensive for her just to receive a few calls. She complained and they took the charge off her bill. :lol:

If all you do is elect a president who figures out a way to deliver universal health care,that will be doing a lot----i am sure the insurance companies would be shaking in their boots if they thought they were in any danger--they probably aren't concerned at all---jerks.True, we MUST do something about health care.

I can't understand how your insurance co, Peachie, can get away with paying so little for that test while the hospital apparently charges so much.
But----------
However, if I were uninsured, I would be expected to pay the whole seven thousand whatever.And the uninsured wouldn't be able to pay and the hospital would write it off as a loss. I think possibly this is a profit center somehow :eek: --- I mean I don't know much about finance and accounting, but what other reason would there be for them to charge so much for something that no one will be paying that much for?

I was entirely in favor of single payer health care (government) until recently, when we had the experience of being under a state subsidized insurance program. Since DH is still unemployed we are paying a sliding fee on a program that ensures the unemployed in Maine and I've never seen anything so convoluted and apparently utterly incompetent in my life. Every month or two they make another mistake on our account and change the account number or cancel our insurance or undercharge us or overcharge us or take money back from a provider that they then have to charge here and then there and then give the money back. You don't have one person handling your account, so every time you have a problem (which is pretty much constantly) you talk to a different person and get a different answer. It's unbelievable. So I no longer think government is capable of doing less than making a big mess of health care. I don't know what the answer is. I have heard that one answer is to require everyone to have health insurance in the same way we are required to have car insurance, which would drive rates down. :dunno:

So anyway Happy Canada Day!!!

Kiwi

Cowpernia
07-01-2007, 07:11 PM
First, Hillary Clinton TRIED to fix the health care problem when Bill was in office. Electing the right person does not guarantee the congress will care.

Also, and on a different subject, I don't think every state requires automobile insurance. Not sure but don't think Alabama does. Also, we don't have a sliding fee health plan available here. My friend who moved from California paid $300+ a quarter for health insurance for her and hubby there. Moved here and it was more than that PER MONTH. Why is every state different? Insurance is a crime anyway. Home owners insurance is Florida is way too high because of all the rich idiots who build on the sand. We, who live on dirt inland, have high insurance rates to subsidize them. I could go on.

Kiwonk
07-01-2007, 07:12 PM
I had to sit at the dinner table with a bunch of inlaws this afternoon and listen while they called Al Gore a hypocrite for having a huge energy bill at his residence, for which he pays carbon credits, or whatever it's called. I feel so alone in the world sometimes. Is it hypocritical to be willing to do what you can to be responsible, or perhaps he should stop trying and live like 98% of the American people; maybe that would satisfy them.

I am angry

Can you tell?

Cowpernia
07-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Not about Al Gore, but I became angry today, also. I am borderlining out of depression and into anger about .. not being fired but ... the reason they gave for firing me. That I Don't GET ALONG WITH YOUNG CHILDREN!! I would love to go get into their faces right now and explore this. But I don't even know whose face to get into.

This woman who was supposed to be MY mentor and who almost never came into the room heard me tell a child to get away from me. This was because she was knocking over others and trying to sit on my feet and hold my book and touch my leg and NOT show any interest in the learning activity at all. The director, herself, in my presence called a child "a little demon" and grabbed her by the arm. Another woman hit children on the butt and head with her hand and on the butt with a pointer. Another shoved one away and told him to go play ... he stumbled with the shove. I know that the children I had became better prepared for kindergarten and while there are better ways to express oneself than I did on that occasion, it is minor compared to calling someone a DEMON. I am suddenly insensed that they would have the nerve to suggest that I did anything wrong with those children in comparison to them.

Kiwonk
07-01-2007, 08:13 PM
And I really don't feel the need for George Bush to be in the same state as I am either. I put up with George Sr., but GW needs to leave. PootyPootPoot can hang around if he wants, just to soak up the New England atmosphere.

Cowpernia
07-01-2007, 08:15 PM
I know there are picketers but do they agree with you? Bush out; Putin in?

Kiwonk
07-01-2007, 08:23 PM
I know that the children I had became better prepared for kindergarten and while there are better ways to express oneself than I did on that occasion, it is minor compared to calling someone a DEMON.You have nothing to lose by confronting this, do you? I honestly think you should write them a letter, protesting this judgment of your skills based on such flimsy evidence and defending yourself, and maybe documenting as well as you're able the general treatment of the children by all parties involved! Of course, you'll probably have to scrap your first 5 or 6 drafts of such a letter (at least I would! :mad: ), but I really don't think you should just let that judgment stand!!

Cowpernia
07-01-2007, 08:40 PM
Yes, I may do that. and thanks for reminding me to go several drafts.

DS brought home an extra suitcase that is containing gifts lcp bought him. He went right to sleep. I am SOOO wanting to see what's in it and IF THERE'S SOMETHING FOR ME EMEMEMEMEM. I actually unzipped it a little but couldn't continue.

Cherry Cow
07-01-2007, 10:09 PM
Hello! Checking in! I did a workout! Woo!

I'm not the biggest fan of Al Gore either... if I had his kind of money, I'd live like Ed Begley Junior. I think everyone should try to reduce their footprints, especially those who have the means to. (For example, I hope to live within biking distance of my next job so we don't have to have two cars.)

Dennis Kucinich has plans for improving health care, but someone like him will never get elected.

I've lived under socialized health care (in the military) and I can't say it's the dream come true that Michael Moore is trying to sell it as, but it has its good sides. People are kidding themselves, though, if they think anything will truly make health care equitable as long as there is such a huge gap between the haves and the have-lesses in the US. The rich will always get to the front of the line.

Peachie, that's terrible that they would say that about you! I hope you can challenge it.

Bagzz
07-01-2007, 11:13 PM
kiwi--that does sound terribly convoluted---i mean,i am not sure how it all got settled up here but we all just have a medicare card and show it wherever we go--to the dr's office, the hospital or emergency room and most people have blue cross or some sort of insurance for their prescriptions.We are never billed for anything and when they start talking about a 'user fee' for the outpatient everyone throws a fit and they cancel it.--and yes,peachie---sometimes they send people to the states if the lines are too long---i know they have sent people to maine for some tests if we are too booked----no place is perfect i am sure,but it is nice to not have to think about whether you can afford to get sick,let alone afford the test to see if you ARE sick.There are enough models out there for the US to try,that is for sure.
Peachers!!!! i have heard countless teachers say exactly what you said--i am sure i said it as a teacher and i know one of my friends who is a great teacher has said it---when you are around these kids all the time,it's like talking to your own kids----you most definitely should object in a formal way=====they should not be allowed to ruin your reputation like that and it is really sad that they cannot appreciate the progress you made with these children-===that is pathetic on their part. congrats cherry on the workout---now what exactly is that??? i am sure i have heard of such things but please elaborate.[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[happy CANADA day sugarcherrypie!!}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} my brother was partying on PARLIAMENT HILL!!!

Kiwonk
07-02-2007, 12:06 AM
I am SOOO wanting to see what's in it and IF THERE'S SOMETHING FOR ME EMEMEMEMEM. I actually unzipped it a little but couldn't continue.Isn't it hard being a nonbuttinsky sort of mom? DD's cousin sent home a box for DD that she said was a graduation present (just a year late ;) ) and it's not wrapped. It's sitting on the couch waiting for DD to get home from work. Pretty soon I'll be drumming my fingers, staring at it, telling Jet to "go get it" ("the dog knocked it over") :lol:

I'll be good. Glad your ds is home finally. Hope he had a happy time in spite of all the trials and tribs.

Oh, my sailing friends' little dog broke her leg again :( -- she had been recovering from an operation on the leg to remove pins that had been inserted when she broke her leg before and then the pins had shifted. She had gotten out of the cast for that and was healing pretty well, and apparently jumped when she shouldn't have and broke it again. Awful for a pet to be so fragile. She's a Chinese Crested with hair, so cute and fun, but she's been in a cast like 4 times I think. I added a couple of pictures of her to my facebook. (http://tufts.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2043139&l=46f72&id=1711808)

DH might go on a 10 day canoe trip on the Allagash River while DD and I are at the :beach: in NC. Hard to imagine...

Kiwi

Bagzz
07-02-2007, 10:34 AM
yes,i forgot to congratulate peach on having her boy home!!! it is lovely to see them but they usually make a big mess {HAHAAAAAAAAAAAA} i am presently directing stepdd16 to the laundry room with her weekend frocks.She and dd21 and stepdd21 were camping outside of Halifax.The dd21s live in nova scotia,but the visiting stepdd drove down to party with them. Today is a gorgeous day and i am hoping to do some gardening. slow but sure around here,finally. i have been wanting to clean up my gardens for two years!!----dd21 i going to europe to meet up with her dad and the other dd this week---she was able to get the time off from work---i take it your dd,kiwi was able to secure a holiday as well??

Schatzi
07-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Happy Day after Canada Day youse Canuks!

Cowie..I agree with the herd.. you must appeal what has been said about you.. don't stand for it!

We would be bankrupt by DH's hospital bills if not for insurance..-- so far they tallied close to 200,000. :yikes: I always admired the skandanavian systems myself.

Healthcare and Oil 2 of my :soap: items... and lets just say the next president cant be any worse. Its gonna take alot of time to undo all the damage done by Bush and Cheney.

The little crested puppy is adorable.. so sad she is so fragile!

Bagz --my ears are pierced and l like silver... I will wear my cows proudly. :D

must go thaw chicken

Bagzz
07-02-2007, 12:10 PM
sugar,we need to clear something up---the earwires are silver----as is the cow----can you use surgical steel earwires cause i can put yours on those ones-----not sure about this nickel thing--would that be in surgical steel?????i think----AND ADD ME AS A FRIEND OR I WILL KEEP POKING YOU!!!

Kiwonk
07-02-2007, 01:31 PM
--dd21 i going to europe to meet up with her dad and the other dd this week---she was able to get the time off from work---i take it your dd,kiwi was able to secure a holiday as well??How lucky that both girls will get to enjoy that vacation together with their dad! Are you green with jealousy? Yes, dd got a week off and we are on go for the beach. I will have to psych myself up for it; lately I've been feeling more like skipping the whole thing, but that's no way to be, huh?

Hi Cherry! You go! on the workouts. Someone ought to be doing them.

DH has been cleaning up. It's really scary. Makes me uneasy about what he might be throwing away -- although I think he learned his lesson years ago when he threw away my dog's bed and I never forgave him. Mostly all this cleaning (dd has been doing it too; good lord I may even have to cave in and do some) results in a lot of recycling dumped in the garage, which is all mine to sort. yippee...

kiwi

PainterWoman
07-02-2007, 03:02 PM
Hiya.
I hope I am over my post-wedding/creeping decripitude depression and will be back more regularly. I am re-subscribing to the thread so I won't have so much to catch up on.

I've had a week in S. California and nearly a week where DD was in town (she SURPRISED me by getting in cahoots with DH. Blew me away when she walked into the restaurant where he and I were having dinner. They'd NEVER seen me speechless!)

Anyway, life is looking better, so I'm back. (I have this not so helpful belief that when I'm sad/cranky/etc. I should go crawl into a hole. I imagine I'd find I have company there if I ever piped up.)

Two things that I'll share (since 3FC IS, allegedly about weightloss) is the Calorie King (http://www.calorieking.com)website that can tell you the calories in just about anything; and how much I like Tropicana Sugar Free Lemonade. MORE than soda.

So I've started writing down everything I eat and calculating calories. And subtracting a conservative calculated number of calories for my resumed Curves workouts. And I give myself tons o' stickers in my week at a glance calendar. I hope I can develop the perseverence (and forgiveness for lapses) this time.

If somebody can give me a clue about Facebook, I'll try to join the club there. But, for what it's worth, there's always my blog. (http://www.journal-to-a-muse.blogspot.com)

Kiwonk
07-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Good to see you back. That is awesome about DD's surprise visit! Glad you're feeling positive and motivated.

I was scanning through someone's posts that had caught my eye and started reading a thread about, ohmygod, weight loss! Imagine finding that here. Well, not exactly here per se, but on 3fc. They were discussing whether to weigh once a day or once a week. It seemed to motivate some people to weigh themselves once a day -- whether they gained or lost, which absolutely floored me! If they lost, they were optimistic and able to stay on plan, and if they gained, they were motivated to do better. Good lord, what kind of people are those? Oh, I know, people who like to clean their houses, right? Sometime in the past day or so, I was watching tv (or was it here? I can't remember offhand) and heard someone say that there are some people who just go about getting things done and changing themselves when they need to and succeeding at things they attempt and so on. And then there are the rest of us, who struggle with practically everything. I sooo identified with this.

I have been sort of productive today -- I had my car! so I sorted lots of recycling and loaded it and the dog into the car and took it to the dump, and then took the dog for a walk. Well, not at the dump, at the "BaitHole Trail", the nearby cross-country ski trail. 15 minutes into the walk it started to pour. Oh well, I was only going to walk for about 30 minutes anyway. It wasn't bad, but I'm a little damp and I smell like a wet dog.

Kiwi

SugP
07-03-2007, 06:26 AM
Hey Bagzie - stop pokin' me! I added you as a friend. At least I think I did.

Ja wohl, surgical steel would be just fine. Silver sends little electrical impulses through my skin for some reason. Weird huh?

Peachy, - that is just SO outrageous. I don't think what you said to that child is ANY grounds for you to be let go. Those people are nuts and there's a conspiracy going on. I bet you were TOO good and they all started fearing for their jobs. In my humble opinion: 1) Kids NEED discipline, especially kids who are probably not getting any at home. And I think they love you ever more for telling them what's right and wrong and how to behave in public because many have NO idea. 2) it's OK to let kids see that you are a human being with real human emotions. I doubt that your choice of words hurt that child in any way.

I teach this class at the library on Tuesdays. Used to be 8 10 yr old kids but has now dwindled down to four. When it was six there were these two boys who would NOT stop talking, laughing, poking, pushing, shoving and just generally disrupting the rest of the class. I had no choice but to yell really loud to get them to stop for a even a couple of seconds. When I mentioned to them that there were other people in the universe and that if they weren't interested in participating they could leave right away they just looked at me all wide-eyed like no one had ever talked that way to them before.

Painty darlin' - this is THE place for the sad and cranky. Stick around. :p

Must go, I can smell my English muffin burning. :o

Kiwonk
07-03-2007, 03:06 PM
English muffin :drool: That's what I want!

I know exactly what you mean about speaking to some kids and getting that wide-eyed look like they've never been corrected before. It's rather astonishing to learn that there are parents who either can't or won't say No to their kids.

I went out a bit earlier to throw a ball for Jet, as I do every day. I am a terrible ball thrower, even with a tennis ball throwing device. I can't throw normally anyway because it tears up my elbow, but honestly that poor dog has had to turn into a scent hound to find the ball. We have a nice sized yard, but the ball pretty much always ends up in the woods or the underbrush where I didn't intend it to go. Today my first throw was straight into the edge of the woods where there were overgrown rhubarb-like plants and burr bushes. Other areas of underbrush Jet leaps right into and comes out with the ball; it's quite amazing. But she had sense enough not to plunge right into that mess. So I had to go help her find it (I had lost another ball in there just the other day, so I'm getting low on tennis balls!). We tromped through together, I stomped plants down and she finally came up with it. It's really cool how good she's gotten at this.

However she's got burrs all over her...

Kiwi

Cowpernia
07-03-2007, 03:18 PM
I have emailed those of you who I thought would want it, a copy of a draft of my letter about the firing. Shots asked what my purpose was in writing it. I think I just want to get their faces and yell at them that what they said about ME was not true. Is that good enough? I don't expect to be hired back and I would not want to work under that person ever ever ever again.

Jet sounds kind of nice for a big dog. Does she jump on people and push them over?

Cowpernia
07-03-2007, 03:38 PM
I have a request. I'm in this contest that involves sending postcards to other people and if anyone feels they could, I'd appreciate some postcards from your area. Mostly, military themes or odd-shaped ones but any would be nice. They're for me to write on and send. In exchange, I will have cow earrings and/or socks delivered to you.

Kiwonk
07-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Jet sounds kind of nice for a big dog. Does she jump on people and push them over?She jumps on people, although she hasn't knocked anyone but me over yet, I do worry about that. We have been working on the jumping since she arrived. Seems I should try something different.

She has an interesting "personality" for lack of a better word. She really wanted to chew those burrs out by herself; she insisted on going outside to work on them after leaving a wet mess of fur and plant material in the middle of the kitchen floor. When I brought her back in, she still had plenty of burrs on her, so I made her lie down and I tried to brush and comb them out. She kept pushing the brush away and working on them herself, so we finally came to an agreement that I could work on one part of her while she worked on another part. She bares her teeth at me if I pull too hard. It's just loads of fun...

I did some cleaning in the living room. You can't really tell.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
07-04-2007, 02:20 AM
My kitty once removed a burr from his own self and it got stuck in his tongue. I kept seeing him flicking his tongue around and took him to the vet who put him under and took it out. She said she'd seen animals that starved because of that.

You can clean my living room,too. With this one, I think you could tell.

Schatzi
07-04-2007, 11:08 AM
Hooray for the Red White and Blue!

Cats and Dogs doin burrectomies! Amazing pet tricks! My babies are resting after their morning walk...
Cowie- if thats your reasoning, then I would definitely cc a copy to the BIG HEAD OF THE program. :s: Let em pee their pants... I'll look for post cards cowpeach.. I have some but they are just wacky ones.. no military or oddly shaped ones.

welcome back painty!

DH is feelin under the weather this week... a bit fluey... so we'll scrap plans to see the fireworks... thats okay I got enough to keep me busy...

Kiwonk
07-04-2007, 12:42 PM
Happy Fourth of July! We are off to various bbqs and doings and I suppose some fireworks. Leaving the home and pets in the hands of the daughter. :chin:

Ta
Kiwi

SugP
07-04-2007, 12:48 PM
:flow1::flow1:HAPPY 4th DARLINGS! :flow1::flow1:

Tell me what y'all are eating today! :cookie::snail::hun::burger::jeno:

Cowpernia
07-04-2007, 05:45 PM
ds grilled steaks and aluminum squares filled with veggies. I microwaved taters. Quite filling and yummy.

Bagzz
07-04-2007, 05:59 PM
happy independence day cowadingdongs

PainterWoman
07-04-2007, 07:57 PM
Happy 4th!
:bomb:I'm not sure we are as free as we used to be, but we have more opportunity than most.:encore:

Good to see you back. That is awesome about DD's surprise visit! Glad you're feeling positive and motivated.
Kiwi
Thanks so much. It IS good to find some positivity and motivation. I'm still current (after one WHOLE week....) on writing calories and what I've eaten. I had one slip, eating an entire bag of "veggie chips" but that has to be better than a whole package of cookies.

As far as weighing, I weigh on Mondays. Oh, I'm tempted other times. But just once a week, so I don't get obsessive. I'm sure some people can do it more frequently, but when I do I get crazy/crazier.:dizzy:

DH and I went out for a ride this afternoon (it has rained the last 9 days. Since it rained today we have tied the all-time record for rainy days in Dallas.) And we were walking around a little shopping area. I was SO disappointed that my knee is hurting again. The gym is closed today, I didn't go yesterday, but thought that walking would loosen me up. :( And then when I let DH know I had to wait for a refil on a joint-anti-inflammatory he kind of scolded me. I feel pouty. I may need to take a nap, even though it is almost dinner time. I don't think there will be fireworks in the vicinity, except for on TV.

Painty darlin' - this is THE place for the sad and cranky. Stick around. :p:o

Well, there you go.
I suppose I should remember that I'm wearing capris I haven't gotten into for two years.

Schatzi
07-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Painty ! THAT IS AN AWESOME VICTORY!!! :yay: for fitting into clothes from 2 years ago!!!!! FABOOOOO Dahlink!

I am no Miss Crankypants... I am all sunshine and rainbows :s:

Have a Brady Kinda day........ :dizzy:

Bagzz
07-05-2007, 09:18 PM
Did Everyone Enjoy The Glorious Fourth???

Cowpernia
07-06-2007, 09:21 AM
Oh, Awe-Inspiring-Bag-Dream-Constellation-of-Doritos, I SO enjoyed the fourth. At our store, we sell fireworks, so I strapped myself (actually used Scotch brand magic tape) to a rocket, lit it with one of those long lighters from the bar-b-q section, and flew up high into the sky. I wore my square dance outfit so the full skirt held me up as I floated back to earth and the crinolines gave my little butt something soft to land on. Then, having decided to start exercising in a serious way, I ate a dozen hotdogs.

Bagzz
07-06-2007, 09:39 AM
oh!!! did you win the hot dog eating contest i heard about??? i was so jealous!!!i love that your teeny tiny endcap had such a pillowy landing!!! we have some people here who stroll through the market with apparent pillows billowing out of their pantaloons......

one of my friends that i walk with started WW meetings on wednesday night--i am torn between being jealous of her pending weight loss and my habit of making fresh biscuits each evening around nine pm and slicing up the freshest of strawberries---grown in real straw,not sand----and whipping the most creamiest of creams and dishing myself up a double order. Summer is so fleeting--it is hard to decide whether to try to look half decent or to eat decadently. someone pick for me.

Cowpernia
07-06-2007, 09:48 AM
LOL ~~~~ Snort!!! I've seen those pillowy behinds, too.

But you are a FRAUD!! You are a tiny size EIGHT and yet you eat strawberries grown in the same straw the cow eats (is hay the same as straw?) who makes the whipped cream. Weight Watchers would NOT WANT YOU!!! You are a Letty.

Cowpernia
07-06-2007, 02:32 PM
Ways Kidults Can Annoy

By Peaches O'Whynot

Kidults can be wonderful, I believe. I can not remember this for a certainty but I know I have thought it in the past.

One kidultI know made an appointment to take his car to the shop. The appointment was for Friday morning but he slept all morning. He did wake up, remember the appointment and go back to bed. Now, at 12:30, he has taken the car in. He did not call to see if they can work on it. He did not consider that they may keep it all weekend. He asked his mom to pick him up. He said he would not call her, she should pick him up before she goes to another town in three hours. He plans to sit at the mechanic's until then. His mom said she wouldn't come unless he calls. He may be there all weekend with the car.

The same kidlet has been instructed to get a job and has applied at a place or two. However, he is bragging about his conquests on a certain gameboy game.

On the plus side, he did take the cats to the vet. He eats well. He is not bad tempered.

On the negative, he badly needs a haircut and who is going to hire him with that characteristic?

On the plus, ... Oh, I give up.

Kiwonk
07-06-2007, 02:34 PM
Tell me what y'all are eating today! :cookie::snail::hun::burger::jeno: None of the above. Where are the smilies of grilled steaks, pasta salad and pencil thin asparagus?
Oo, I had some of this :broc:
I suppose I should remember that I'm wearing capris I haven't gotten into for two years.Yahoo! That is exce-o-lente! :flow2:

Summer is so fleeting--it is hard to decide whether to try to look half decent or to eat decadently. someone pick for me.How could anyone tell you to stop eating such perfect foods? Here's an idea: instead of choosing between looking half decent and eating decadently, why not look decadent while eating half as much :lol:

Here's my good behavior for the past 2 days: went to bed when everybody else did (we stayed at a campground with friends in their RV) and didn't eat a thing after 11:30 PM. Of course I tossed and turned for hours and hours, but that's par for the course.

The guys went shopping in the morning (yeah, couple of girly-boys :chicken::chicken:) and us girls were going to go kayaking, but it rained all night and all morning, so we slept in and I made the most lovely omelet for breakfast -- leftover asparagus, sauteed onion, cheddar cheese. Ah. MMM Simply Looovely. It's actually a lot easier for me to moderate my eating when I'm at someone else's place -- you can't just sit there grazing out of other people's cupboards and refrigerators, y'know?

DH bought the world's best Whoopie Pies, at the Friar's Bakehouse (http://asheepinwoolsclothing.typepad.com/a_sheep_in_wools_clothing/2005/11/the_friars_bake.html). And we went to the movies (saw Live Free or Die Hard, which was hilarious and as full of suspense and violence as you'd expect. But hilarious. ) And I managed to wait until the ride home to eat my whoopie pie. Lovely.

Today we are having trout again. For lunch, I hear. Perhaps I won't have to cook it either...

Kiwi

Cowpernia
07-06-2007, 11:48 PM
Oh oh oh. I must tell you what ds and I have for dinner. He made me put bullets in the letter I was working on so I will use them here.

BULLET: turkey breast that you buy and it's cold and cooked and you slice off a chunk

BULLET: garlic bread made with this spread (they spelled it spred) found in the sour cream section. Bread was from the store bakery.

BULLET: artichokes steamed in the microwave (with water, lemon juice and olive oil)

BULLET: sauteed garlic, onion, potato and brussel sprouts.

WE IS HEALTHY!!!

Kiwonk
07-07-2007, 02:39 PM
We had a knife demonstration at our house yesterday. The "neighbor"'s kid is selling Cutco (neighbor in paren. because our closest neighbor is 2 miles away) and I got a new really expensive knife! (Well, one of the less expensive knives they sell, but still $$) Now I can cut anything.

My kitchen stinks. Maybe I can cut the smell.

Where is everybody, out having fun? You gotta lotta nerve.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
07-07-2007, 02:41 PM
So anyway, why do I keep signing my posts even though I have my name in my sig? Discuss.

Cowpernia
07-07-2007, 03:29 PM
perhaps you could sign them with an alias. What name were you using at the ashram in the 60s?

Bagzz
07-07-2007, 05:36 PM
well i worked all day---hilarious NEW YORKERS were on the cruise ship-==some of them were actually arguing with each other loudly in my shop!!!! one guy was even swearing under his breath at his loud mouthed mother---i met a lady who worked at the nursery school that james taylor's twins go to--her best friend is the nanny for them and tells her of all the adventures they go on!!!i was all ears!---now i am tired but i have to go to a barbeque at my gay guy friend's house---it is always beautiful there,with good music and classy food. BUT I am TIRED!!!! ds12 is ds13 tomorrow----whaaaaaaaaaa i want to put him in the stroller and put a pluggie in his mouth.and walk down to timmy's. he got braces this week and the poor thing is uncomfortable. braces suck. peachbag--your menu sounded soooooooo yummy---i applaud your fab eating habits. kiwonk---i need you to cut the stink in my house too----the greyhound is visiting and the cat pissed on the hardwood floor.GAWDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Kiwonk
07-08-2007, 01:42 AM
ds12 is ds13 tomorrow----whaaaaaaaaaa i want to put him in the stroller and put a pluggie in his mouth.and walk down to timmy's.Something tells me he might not appreciate that. :lol: Happy Birthday to DS!! :hb:

We watched Syriana tonight. Wow, was that ever confusing. Plus George Clooney was looking like a pudgy college professor or something, so that was worse than confusing...

Hope Wabby's doing okay. Her family has so much to deal with, I don't blame her for not coming round, but if you're reading, Wabby, we miss you and hope you're managing.

g'night

Spock

PainterWoman
07-08-2007, 03:39 AM
Greetinks, all.
Reading about some of the kidults and just kids makes me happy to be so old that mine are up and grown and GONE. (Though I miss 'em just the same.)

I haven't eaten anything particularly divine except a slice of tres leches cake yesterday at lunch with two friends. It is amazing how having to look everything up, add the calories (after writing down quantities and content) is keeping me on the straighter and narrower. )

I went to Curves this am, and I suppose it is "good" news that I had to work faster and harder to get to my target heart rate. bleah. I always want things easy.

One of the lunch friends and I went to see "Evening" afterward as a matinee. Very nice mother-daughter content. Although Vanessa Redgrave was unrecognizeable in her part. (And I really am liking Toni Colette!)

DH was crabby this afternoon because (due to so much rain/humidity) one of the doors to the cabinet he is making has apparently warped. Frustration is not fun for anybody. But we went out for a nice dinner and browse at a used bookshop.

Kiwonk
07-08-2007, 01:42 PM
I'm glad to hear you are keeping with it, Painty! I am at least trying to do my stretches; I hardly feel capable of anything more at the moment.

Is everyone getting that "Bistro MD" ad on the right side of the page? I was curious how that gravy covered cardboard qualified as food, so I went to the site. I couldn't believe how awful the menus sounded. Nothing but artificially sweetened (I guess) carbs for breakfast, no fresh food apparently, yeck. :barf: Made me feel like making a healthy meal. :lol:

Cowpernia
07-08-2007, 02:58 PM
No, Darlin'. I got 21st.com. "Drivers Just Like You." I suspect it's implying that I have a driving problem but .. ha ha .. that's one problem I don't have.

Remember when Lush said the perfect man has to be a good driver? Do you think she's become one of those Tibetan goddesses? She was so smart. And speaking of smart, so are y'all.

Kiwonk
07-08-2007, 03:50 PM
Thank you, so are you. :book2: Speaking of, I just learned about a new profession: usability expert. Making products, documents, websites, etc. easy to use. Isn't that interesting? I'm such a geek.

I'm having trouble picturing Lush as a Tibetan princess. Please provide pictures.

Did you like my nickname from the 60s? Here's my nickname from the 70s/80s: I have to disguise it to discourage unauthorized searching....

A * r * t * h * y

Cowpernia
07-08-2007, 05:58 PM
good job of disguising it. Do we insert vowels like in the phone book?

Kiwonk
07-09-2007, 01:53 PM
All those numbers are supposed to have vowels between them? I have to go reprogram my phone.

Cowpernia
07-09-2007, 02:04 PM
Acrotchey

Bagzz
07-10-2007, 08:40 AM
i can't do acronyms ---thinking too much causes brain spasms---we are at a golf tournament today with ds13----i am thinking of joining Costco just for fun--the only thing i get my sister to buy there are sales books for the shop,but they are soooooooo much cheaper----how boring!!!---I AM GROWING TOMATOES AND BASIL--IN MY GREENHOUSE --- i felt so guilty about not using it to start plants this year i thought i would make use of it over the summer---so far,it looks good--i have a sign on the fridge that says---WATER THE TOMATO PLANTS!!!!|_--it would only take a few days before they wilted and passed out----dd23,dd21 and the exdh are in sugarland as we speak---they were at the Caracalla Therme in Baden Baden the other day spa=ing up a storm!!!MUST BE NICCCCCCCCCCCE. it has been rainy and not too warm lately--but the damn moskeeters are bad---we saw several little foxes on the course this morning---wierd---don't they get rabies and bite people??

Cowpernia
07-10-2007, 02:58 PM
I am joining Bagz in living vicariously through kids and am posting pics on Facebook to prove it. Shot's sock in progress is there. Shotsy do you go there or should I send you a link?

Kiwonk
07-10-2007, 03:15 PM
AcrotcheyHEY! That's not nice!! :kickbutt: Grrrrrrr. Jet! Go get her!

Kiwonk
07-10-2007, 03:36 PM
i can't do acronyms --It's not an acronym or anything, it's just my old nickname, with spaces and * to keep nosy people from finding it! :tantrum:

Phew, sorry, my inner child got out for a second...

It's a beautiful hot day here in Podunk. I am contemplating doing something about planning my trip, which begins Saturday. :beach: Although I must say, spa-ing in Europe sounds pretty durn lovely.

PainterWoman
07-10-2007, 10:46 PM
I seem to have missed something. Again. D'oh! My cr*tch has not been locked, so it doesn't need a k*y. but perhaps I am becoming delusional from adding up calories and keeping them in a reasonable range.

I bought a whole bag of frozen edamame beans yesterday and microwaved so I can have a low calorie high fiber/bulk snack. DH says their yucky and won't eat them. Well, I guess one of my food sources is safe.

Congrats on the sock, Cowie. Have you done Jaywalkers or Monkeys? I haven't. But hope to do wrist warmers soon.

SugP
07-11-2007, 06:30 AM
It's not an acronym or anything, it's just my old nickname, with spaces and * to keep nosy people from finding it!
They just wanted to see you have a tantrum! :dizzy:

I am old and boring and TIRED as heck. And crampy too. Therefore I will make you suffer through my nicknames:

60's: Ela
70's : A, Ernie, Steve Austin
80's: Gidget
90's: Mausi
New Millenium: send in your votes now!

Ahhh, Bagzie's babies are in the south which is That Other Germany I've Heard People Talk About. Up here we are spaless and cranky. It was 13°C this morning. That's a bit chilly. Supposed to go up to 35°C on the weekend. That's roasting. Our own little global warming.

SugP
07-11-2007, 06:42 AM
we saw several little foxes on the course this morning---wierd---don't they get rabies and bite people??

Yesss!! Don't put out any kibbles for them. And there's more. Around here there's something yucky called a Fuchsbandwurm which is a tape worm parasite thingie that hides in fox poop and lays eggs and if those eggs get into an open wound or you ingest them you may get some horrible disease (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echinococcus_multilocularis) (clicky clicky) and die a ghastly death.

Cowpernia
07-11-2007, 08:30 AM
I clickied and :fr: I will keep away from fox poop.

I do not see on that list:
Sugar
Sugar Plum
Sweetie Pie
Sugar Pie

Bagzz
07-11-2007, 11:07 AM
i will caution everyone against ingesting fox huddas immediately,miss sugarpiehoneybunch!!!---COME ON SUGSIE!!!! AS IF YOU DONT' HAVE THE MOST NICKNAMES IN THE HISTORY OF SUCH THINGS!!!! SUGAR PLUM FAIRY INDEED!!!! now myself i have had to suffer through 'mare' ,to which many had added 'the old grey' long before it was appropo----which it now is MOST DEFINITELY!!!!

Bagzz
07-11-2007, 11:17 AM
OHHHHHHHH i went looking for a summer pic and found one of Chance Harbour Nova Scotia---the sunsets at my friend's cottage are so amazing---here you are looking at the water where the last ferry crosses to Prince Edward Island---they have an amazing bridge now that takes most people to the Island.http://www.confederationbridge.com/en/media_gallery/photo_gallery.php---some of the aerial photos are gorgeous!!!

Kiwonk
07-11-2007, 02:01 PM
They just wanted to see you have a tantrum! Yeah, I know that, but just try telling my inner child :shrug:

Crotchkey, my goodness. More like crotchety, eh?

You must have been in utero when you were named Ela, Sug! Here's some more of my nicknames, in rough chronological order: Taffy, Caca, Stark Naked, Katrina, Ghost, Tuffy.

Must go see why the dog just woofed and ran through the house, no one is supposed to be here.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
07-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Oh yeah, and Kiwi... :s:

I've been on the ferry to PEI. I don't remember that view at all, mostly I remember waiting in line in the car for an eternity. But once we got on the ferry, it was lovely!

I have to go make a salad for tonight; we've been invited to DDbf's house for a bbq. Then I have to make shortbread for my stepfather for his birthday next week. Then I have to dig out some junk for the yardsale at the inlaw's tomorrow. Then I fall down in a stupor perhaps.

Taffy

Kiwonk
07-11-2007, 02:15 PM
Remind me to take foxpoop off the menu... Actually the foxes around here eat dog poop.

Schatzi
07-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Locked up crotches! is this what we do to our fair maidens?
Ploggitids in fox poop :fr:

Shuggie! yes yes you done forgot all the sugarisms!
Cowie: I am out of the loopedyloop on this Facebook stuff... so send me a linkydink and I will peruse...(I will now dispense with more dinkedydoos --Jimmy Durante has invaded my being...perhaps through some ploggitid infested fox poopedydoo)

MUST YOU LIVE IN SUCH A GAWJIS PLACE!!! Baglady??? why you dont need no stinkin vacation!! You live in wonderland! I want your tomatoes.

I am in Cambridge at my new job this week! My office when I am here overlooks the Charles River.... bad bad thing to do...as I am taking mental vacations on all the sailboats out there! Bastin is hot humidy and grey. I will jet home Friday only to return on Sunday for another glorious week... and then :shrug: most all the folks here speak with an Irish lilt or a posh english accent... then you have the Bastinions and me the new yawkah... They seem tohave taken a shine to me... Im fittin in like an old shoe... hehee... they are a bit bawdy and love to sling the curses about... then one guy got all red in the face and asked if I mind.. I drolly replied :rolleyes: "F**K no"... :devil: heheeeeeeeeee!

Cowpernia
07-11-2007, 08:10 PM
guess what !!!! ???? I had an actual job interview today .... elated I am. Perfect job teaching reading .......... Go to the prayer place and ask for this ....>>!>!>!

PainterWoman
07-11-2007, 11:45 PM
Shatz: Congratulations! How long are you thinking you'll commute?
Cowie: Congratulations to you, too. Way to go.

Below is the confession I wrote to my DD this a.m. It is perhaps overly serious and definitely food/weight related. Would love sympathy or suggestions!

In spite of greater hopes of weight loss by today, I not only did the late night eating thing Monday, but I DID IT AGAIN LAST NIGHT.
What's your take on self-sabotage?
I could perfectly well have gone to bed, but I stayed up, ostensibly to have more lemonade because I was thirsty...
but then:
Eng. muffin and cheese (which would have still been under my daily 1500 cal.
next: entire container of potato salad (3 official servings worth) @ 630 cal
next: 18 (!) choc mint cups (3 were a serving @ 190) @ 1140 cal.

Leaving my day's total at 3269.:eek:

WTF?

And of course, I didn't want to have breakfast because I was mad/undeserving/embarrassed, etc. etc.

I also think I'm the "worst person in the world" because surely nobody else who's been trying to lose weight has EVER done such stupid things.

If you have feedback, (isn't it funny that there's "feeding" in feedback?) I'd be glad to hear it.

Cowpernia
07-12-2007, 09:24 AM
Painty, you asked the other day if I've made monkey or jaywalker socks. The answer is no because neither really appeals to me. I like plainer.

Tiny little adorable Sweetie Pie Fairy just asked me a simple question in email and I sent her an answer a mile long.

One of Shot's socks is finished. Where is she? ? ??? ?????

DS gave up on getting a fun job and applied back at the supermarket. They hired him and gave me a 50 cent raise over last summer.
They didn't have to do that !!! I really do like that boss.

Kiwonk
07-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Cowie: I am out of the loopedyloop on this Facebook stuff... so send me a linkydink and I will peruse...You dingledepoop, I have invited you at least twice!! I will send you another invite, are you still getting your embarquadero mail?

guess what !!!! ???? I had an actual job interview today .... elated I am. Perfect job teaching reading .....OOO I'm so happy! You will get it, you will get it, you will get it!

monkey or jaywalker socks. What are those? I don't nothin' about knittin'. Except that I still like my groovy socks.

I am heading south on Saturday morning, expecting to arrive at the beach Sunday evening. Taking a laptop with me, cuz I have a cool GPS gizmo that sticks to the window and connects to the laptop and tells you where you are. It's about time I figured out where I am.

I am driving a cute little red car today -- DD'sbf is detailing my car in advance of our trip, and lent me his for the afternoon. He will probably not take any $$ for all this work, so I filled up his car with gas :shrug: Doesn't seem like a fair trade, it only took 6 gallons. DD says he's doing it because he doesn't want to smell the dog all the way back on our return trip (he's flying down midweek and will drive back with us). :lol: Whatever works, I say.

I just heard that my first dog's breeder, the person who got me into Belgian Sheepdogs, passed away yesterday, and I can't go to the funeral because I'll be in NC. Bummer. Maybe I could send Jet in my place.

Oh I just thought of another nickname.

Mom ;)

Kiwonk
07-12-2007, 07:24 PM
In spite of greater hopes of weight loss by today, I not only did the late night eating thing Monday, but I DID IT AGAIN LAST NIGHT.
What's your take on self-sabotage?..........
I also think I'm the "worst person in the world" because surely nobody else who's been trying to lose weight has EVER done such stupid things.

My dear Painty. I can assure you that you are not the worst person in the world, because I did the same thing on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and every other day in the past I don't even remember how many years. I know perfectly well that if I just went to bed at a reasonable time every night, I would erase about 2000 calories from my daily intake. That's why I've been trying to trick, cajole, manipulate and otherwise make myself go to bed earlier, but I've so far had no success whatsoever. What was once a 1:00am habit that often added a bad of popcorn or something to my day is now after 18/20 years of it a 3:00am habit that adds every leftover in the house and every snack food in the house and whatever I can concoct out of whatever else is in the house. It's stupid. Maybe we should start a club.

Kiwi

Bagzz
07-12-2007, 07:25 PM
I was just perusing the posts quickly and i just wanted to say to painty!!===OF COURSE WE HAVE ALLLLL DONE THIS AT NIGHT---i am too freaked out to actually figure out the total calories but last night i ate almost an entire large bad of chips---that has to be in the 1200 cal range!!!! don't beat yourself up dear----STOP IT!!!_+------------ have a fun drive to the beach kiwonk---should be fun with your darling dd---and peach---KEEP IN TOUCH ON THE JOB--SOUNDS GREAT----------shatzzzzzzzzz---i love the charles-===are those skinny bats jogging alongside the sailboats to irritate you???

Kiwonk
07-12-2007, 07:39 PM
Last edited by Bagzz : Today at 06:26 PM. Reason: i was going to edit 'bad' of chips,but now i think it was a freudian slip!~I noticed that. I think it's a bit of serendipity. I think I will call all bads of chips by that name from now on. Maybe I'll even go back and edit my posts.

Schatzi
07-12-2007, 09:31 PM
I am sitting here in my socklessness.

COWIE GOT SOME GOOOOOD MOOOOOOJO A GOING!!!!
:dance: an interview for a job you really like!!!!! :yay: :yay: we send :yoga: goooood vibes!...and a RAISE to booooot... You are on a roll darlin!

Painty dear...If weightloss was easy we'd all be size 6s. :hug: its frought with all emotional baggage, rationalizations, instant gratifications, :blah: I do the same thing... a lazy night eater. I can go all day and then Boom! I grab whats easy (even though I buy little carrots,and grape tomatoes) I reach for chocolate, and chips. and eat mindlessly..

Kiwi, wth, I added myself to your network ... I'll need to work on my profile...... I hope the weather is loverly at the beach!

Bagzilla... they had somesort of sailboat lessons out there today..it was sooo cute to see all these lookalike boats following each other, and making near misses... they reminded me of little ducks following the momma duck for swimming lessons...

I found out that prolly for the next month I will be here... but Ill come in Monday morns and leave Thursdays, work a t home on Fridays... Ah well, a gals gotta do what a gals gotta do...

I shall sign off with one of my old nicknames,

Scoop

Bagzz
07-12-2007, 10:33 PM
i am laughing about a bad of popcorn---at first i thought you had made the same 'slip' but i see you went and edited !! hi larry *** {a friend of mine wrote and asked me who Larry *** was} i had to tell her hi larry ***= hilarious!---anyway----boston is lovely so i hope you can enjoy it shatz---i love the Quincy Market---go and buy me a fresh bagel for breakfast tomorrow please.

PainterWoman
07-13-2007, 01:40 AM
My dear Painty. ... Maybe we should start a club.
Kiwi

I was just perusing the posts quickly and i just wanted to say to painty!!===OF COURSE WE HAVE ALLLLL DONE THIS AT NIGHT---large bad of chips---

I am still lifting my jaw off my computer. I really thought I was the ONLY one. :hug::hug: We can start a club. Maybe "former night-time eaters" ?

I may have to admit that there are something that I cannot keep in the house. DD told me that if she really wants a chocolate chip cookie (my "drug" of choise) she'll go to Starbucks and order ONE. (At home either she or I could eat a whole plastic bakery container of 'em, but we'd never chow down the whole thing in public.) And rather than be embarrassed that that is the case, use what we know. We eat better in public. So don't keep "bad" bags of food at home.:devil:

I did find out that eating a WHOLE bag of frozen raspberries with ff half and half is 210 calories. That's good for me. (I prefer fresh ones, but they mold here in about 2 seconds.):p

Thanks again. i am not alone. i am not alone. i am not alone.

Bagzz
07-13-2007, 07:58 PM
YOU ARE MOST CERTAINLY NOT ALONE!!!----hey ----kiwok-----have a fun trip down the highway!!! happy beachin it!

Kiwonk
07-13-2007, 08:35 PM
they had somesort of sailboat lessons out there today..it was sooo cute to see all these lookalike boats following each other, and making near misses... they reminded me of little ducks following the momma duck for swimming lessons... Ah, what a lovely picture! One year, hmm 2000 it was, we sailed to Boston for the 4th of July with a group of friends. We were docked at Constitution Harbor for several days (right next door to the U.S.S. Constitution) and on the 4th we had ringside seats for the fireworks by making a reservation for a bbq at the yacht club on the Charles. That club is where those lessons are given out of. We didn't take our boats to the yacht club because we would have had to go through the locks (long wait); we basically just had a place to hang out for the evening without getting squashed by the throngs on the Esplanade. One of the options was to sit in one of the little sailboats lined up along the shore. (We declined because sitting in a boat is not exactly a novelty after sailing all the way down the coast).

I don't know why I'm telling you this. Local color I guess.

I am still lifting my jaw off my computer. You just never know till you ask, eh?
DD told me that if she really wants a chocolate chip cookie (my "drug" of choise) she'll go to Starbucks and order ONE. Now she's a smart cookie. :D

-have a fun trip down the highway!!! happy beachin it!Yep, I'm beachin I'm beachin. Hey speaking of beachin, I had a haircut today. She took off about 7" of hair. I have great hair again (it was getting totally out of control) -- too bad I seem to look wider than ever....

I still can't find my favorite sandals or my jean shorts that I bought at Tarjay, wore one summer and haven't seen since. <pout> I'm so tired! I had to get up early yesterday to drag DD down to the in-law's yardsale, then sit in the beastly hot sun for several hours. I was so hot I got nauseous. Then I went home to do more laundry, bake more shortbread (stepdad's birthday while at beach), then back to the in-law area with Jet to hopefully listen to some music; the town is celebrating 100 years and lots of stuff going on. Jet dragged my arm off. Stayed up late. Had to get up early again to take car to the garage. Had to replace muffler ($250!!!), pick up dog, drive her to Stinkytown to the kennel, do errands, get home in time so dd could drive to work. Found her, not packing, but baking :rollpin: . The kitchen's all torn up again. Been trying to get my act together ever since. Tired tired. Have to get up at Larry's *** Crack of Dawn tomorrow to drive. Oy.

Wish me luck. Talk to you on the road maybe. :dizzy:

Oh yeah, this morning when I went out to drive my beautifully washed, vacuumed and shampooed car, I discovered that some bird thought it was so shiny it must be a TOILET. Sheesh.

Love,
Ticky
I just made that one up, what do you think?

Bagzz
07-13-2007, 10:21 PM
i love it KICKY!!!=-----WELL THAT SOUNDS LIKE QUITE A FEW CRAZY DAYS YOU HAD!!! UP AT LARRY'S *** CRACK SOUNDS ESPECIALLY SWEET----I WAS UP EARLY THIS WEEK TOO,MOSTLY BECAUSE I CAN'T SLEEP IN IF I TRY----DS HAD HIS GOLF TOURNAMENT AND ONE OF THE DAYS WE HAD TO HAVE HIM THERE FOR A TEE OFF TIME OF 7:40---SEEMED EARLY TO ME~!!--ANYWAY--HAVE A GRAND TIME KICKY TICKY AND KEEP IN TOUCH--WE DON'T LIKE IT WHEN YOU ARE AWAY~~!!!

PainterWoman
07-14-2007, 09:39 PM
Continued expressions of gratitude for y'alls solidarity. :broc:
DH and I went out to brunch after I went to Curves this am, then ended up at bookstore, hardward store, art supply store then meandering around some back roads of Texas (will have photos at flickr later).

Sitting here now, I realize how brilliant I was to really shower off yesterday after the yard work, because I only have small, MILD blisters on my arm from what must have been poison oak. D*mn. I hope they don't get worse.

Must go write down food before I accidentally on purpose forget.
Happy sailing.

Bagzz
07-17-2007, 07:56 AM
we need to start a new thread---i will do the honours!