General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-25-2007, 04:03 PM   #1  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

Default Anyone overcoming a drug problem?

I know this is an odd topic for a weightloss forum...but on my journey through weightloss I finally came to the realization that drugs..particularly marajuana is not good for my body either. I have given it up...which I know is fairly easy compared to many things...but my question is...

I have this great opportunity for an awesome job, and I know they do drug testing (which is good, it will make me keep myself in check)...but is there anyway to detox your body...to get rid of that stuff out of your system?

I am being totally sincere here, and I know that everyone thinks differently on this substance, but I have chosen that it's not good for me anymore. Anyone with advice or encouraging words would be greatly appreciated.
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 04:13 PM   #2  
Happy New Rears!

It should be completely out of your system after 72 hours.

Good luck staying away from that type of thing!
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 04:17 PM   #3  
hara hachi bu

I think common knowledge on this one is that it is fat soluble and stays in your system for a longer time, like a month or something. I've heard of things you can buy - like herbal cleansing teas - that remove it from your system, but I'm guessing there's no guarantee that it would work or that they couldn't also test for the substance in the tea that removes it.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 04:18 PM   #4  
I DO have a BellyButton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinGirl in FatBody View Post
It should be completely out of your system after 72 hours.

Good luck staying away from that type of thing!
ahhh..I didn't know that. I thought it took somewhere around a month. Good to know...then it's already out of my system!!!

I think the main thing is that I don't want to be addicted to ANYTHING that's not good for my body...be it food, liquid, drugs. I mean...alcohol is good once in a while, but I just find I don't want it anymore.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:21 PM   #5  
I DO have a BellyButton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantastica View Post
I think common knowledge on this one is that it is fat soluble and stays in your system for a longer time, like a month or something. I've heard of things you can buy - like herbal cleansing teas - that remove it from your system, but I'm guessing there's no guarantee that it would work or that they couldn't also test for the substance in the tea that removes it.
ahhh....ic. That's what I thought to begin with...*sigh* Well, maybe my fat burning exercise will help. but seriously..my friend said something about the herbal teas...she also mentioned Green Tea and drinking a lot of water. Hmmmm. I don't see how they could test for something in herbal tea when so many people drink it for it's benefits anyways? That wouldn't make sense to me.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:31 PM   #6  
Happy New Rears!

It depends on what type of test they are doing, if it is urine, it should be 72 hours, if it is sensitive bloodwork they can detect it. that's what I've heard anyway - can you check with a doctor?
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 06:28 PM   #7  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Blood and urine tests will generally test positive if you have used within a month. It all depends on how fast your body metabolizes the THC, how often you have used/how much you have used, and many other factors that make it impossible to tell you how long it will take for the THC to clear from your system.

There are many 'herbal' remedies that will detox you enough to pass a drug screen, but in reality, drug screens are getting harder and harder to beat. They now test for many of the substances found in detox drinks, and if you think you can dilute it by drinking mass amounts of water, don't - many places now test to see how diluted your urine is to begin with.
brandnewme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 06:49 PM   #8  
Pending Email Confirmation

I don't have any advice for getting clean in time to pass a UA - but I can tell you that the only way to keep yourself off it in my experience is to stop being around all people who do it and NA might be helpful too. Good luck to you.
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 07:09 PM   #9  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Glad you breached this subject. I didn't have the nerve to bring it up! I have recently quit smoking it to. I would just get munchies and blow my diet for the day, and feel guilty for binging AND smoking.

As to your question, it depends on the type of drug test. If it is a urine test, as stated, after 72 hours you should be fine. If they use a hair sample, it will be detectable for a month, or less if you are a frequent smoker. Frequent smokers break down the THC in their systems faster.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 07:50 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

THC stays in the system much longer than previously stated. And if you had been using for a while (several months of regular use) it stays around even longer. I am including a link that has a chart with urine/hair/blood detection periods. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_test.

Good for you for stopping your usage and good luck on the new job.

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 07:53 PM   #11  
Addicted to potato salad!

My hubby has come across this problem and, more urgently, his best friend is in the predicament quite often. He has claimed that drinking a bottle of vinegar helps. Gross. But he claims it works.

Another, more controversial method, is using someone elses pee. If you get a good baloon, put it in your underwear for the ride there so it's body temperature, accept the fact that some of your friend's pee will undoubtedly get on you, then you pour it into the pee cup at the testing site and you have clean pee.

Of course, the best, most accurate way of passing a drug test is to not smoke for three weeks or more.

Good luck!
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:47 PM   #12  
I DO have a BellyButton!

wow...some great ideas here...*raises an eyebrow* lol....

To tell you the truth...I did it on Saturday and that was the first time in about a month that I have smoked and the time before that was about 4 months. I wasn't doing it that often..

Does this make a difference? Otherwise...I might have to go for the pee in the balloon method..*Big deep, irritated with herself, sigh*

Munchies are a horrible thing..on my way home on Saturday I had them bad and got a small yogurt cone on the way home because of it. *slaps herself* I can get over this!! I really can!! I want to! But I REALLY want this job!!
Old 06-25-2007, 09:18 PM   #13  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Another one piping in to say that marijuana is NOT out of your system in 72 hours, yes, even in urine testing it is detectable for longer than that.

People with a higher body fat percentage and those burning fat stores often test positive even LONGER than others typically do.

Best of luck to you and kudos for deciding to stop using!

PM me if you like, as I am very familiar with these issues, having been the person most of my friends came to to discuss this very thing.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:30 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 170/170/145

Height: 5'7"

I have often had to detox my body after using some marijuana. I don't smoke anymore either. The things that always helped me (and I NEVER failed a test, even when i had smoked within a 4 day window), besides a low calorie intake I would drink tea (plain tea-no additives), LOTS OF WATER... the more you pee the more your system is being flushed! I also ate lots of pickles and if I had to be tested in a short amount of time I sat in a sauna as many times as possible (not for too long tho) and drank some apple cider vinegar. IT WORKS!!! As gross as some of it sounds...it all really did help me in passing. Also if you are working out on a regular basis-that is a major blessing to the whole system! Eating foods that naturally detox your body, such as tomatoes and grapes is good too! There books on all of this!
Hope this helped! Good luck staying 'clean' but if you can control your food intake pot really isn't a horrible thing. I would smoke it if I could :P
But once you get passed that first week and aren't around people who are doing it all the time-its smooth sailing :P
Stay strong!
GNADOIT4ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:41 PM   #15  
I DO have a BellyButton!

Thanks guys for this info...I think I will be fine. I'm not going to worry...hey if I don't pass....I don't pass..I'll have to look for something different. This is something that could become a career for me for a very long time with the pay and benefits and all. I could pay off my car this year and everything...I would be psyched if I could get in.

I don't think pot is a bad thing either. I think you have to look at it as how often you use it. Like I was using it every day for a while and I noticed I wasn't actually "enjoying" it anymore. Now when I was doing it once or twice a month it was a nice release...like when I first started. Anyhoooo, I'm done now for the sake of my financial status.

I alread pee like every hour because of how much water I drink....and I exercise like crazy. I won't be hearing from them till at least next week so that will be almost 2 weeks and then I'm figuring another week for an interview...should be at LEAST 3 weeks before I actually have the test...but probably longer. I don't see how it would stay in my system just from doing it once in the past month. HMMMM!!