Old 06-25-2007, 12:21 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2"

Default Green beans from KFC?? wow

Hey guys and gals! Last night after my workout I was pretty hungry, so before I headed home I knew I was going to have to stop and get something or I would pig out when I got back to the house. Well, I stopped at KFC and got a large order or their green beans. I came home and looked up the calories in them online before I touched them. Apparently they are not much at all!! Only about 45-50 calories per serving (not sure how many servings are in a large bowl.. anyone know?) They are a little spicy and really good. Could it really be true? Are they only about 50 calories? I didnt' see any chucks of ham or bacon fat floating around in there. They seemed pretty healthy. But since it's KFC I am a little hesitant to believe they are okay. lol. Anyone know?
Jpye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:48 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I looked it up on calorieking. It looks like a normal serving of green beans is 34 calories. The KFC serving is a little less than a cup. So it looks like they add a bit of fat but not too much.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:07 PM   #3  
Maeminglea

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/175

Height: 5-4

That is good to know- their green beans are yummy. Do they serve any grilled chicken?
maeminglea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:19 PM   #4  

Height: 5'2"

Not that I know of, but maybe. I just know that one time I asked for skinless chicken there and they said they don't do that. I am very happy about the green beans though! lol
Jpye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

YOu can get a healthy bbq pulled chicken sandwich though, that is very tasty and is white chopped chicken in a bbq prep sauce. It is pretty healthy. I usually get that together with the baked beans, or green beans.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 03:38 PM   #6  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

About a year ago they had that "broasted" chicken campaign (a hybrid of broiling & roasting?) with boneless chicken breast strips -- a comparatively healthier option to deep frying. But I think the sales for that didn't do too well and they took it off again.
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:35 PM   #7  
Going around again

S/C/G: 289/249/140

Height: 5'5"

I am in Canada, and the other day I bought a classic sandwich for lunch (yeah, I splurged). Anyhow, after I ordered it, I noticed they have a grilled chicken sandwich. I haven't looked up the calories, but it has to be better than the breaded. Then, if you scrape off as much of the mayo as you can ... you could be rocking.

Also, I once looked up the cals for the regular breasts. One breast, with the
skin, has about 360 cals. But, that same breast ---if you remove the skin and breading yourself, has about 180 cals.

It's just having the discipline to remove all the delicous coating .. yikes
MoragMunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 05:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 288/278.8/150

Height: 5 ft.5 in.

I ask everyone in restaurants about what's in my food. If they sautee it, I ask that it go on a grill like fajita meat. KFC actually isn't a bad place to be. If you skin the Original chicken for ex., Weight Watchers does not add additional points to what the chicken is vs. any skinned and roasted chicken. Also, a corn on the cob has no extra butter added. I know because I asked.
NurseChef is offline   Reply With Quote