LA Weight Loss - LAWL Losers and Friends - June 25 - July 1

Pages : [1] 2

bizlawchik
06-25-2007, 09:32 AM
Good morning all! Happy new week. Let's finish out the month with some serious losses!

KrispieD
06-25-2007, 09:41 AM
Good Morning Everyone
Here's my post from late last night with the link to the photos of the weekend.. The British are headed home tomorrow and as much as I will miss them, also cannot wait to get back to normal and POP!!

[COLOR="Blue"]Okay 30 people here over the span of 36 hours.. stick a fork in me .. I am DONE

Didn't have time to make a webshots page yet but use the link below Aunt Joni and the rest of you for the shots of the RE wedding!!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=7098&l=5cba5&id=535352065

bizlawchik
06-25-2007, 09:51 AM
Hi Kristen! I love the new avatar. And congrats on the MILF comments too. I can't get the link at work (darn firewall) so I will check it out tonight or tomorrow, depending on how "pathetically long" it takes me to get back to the computer.

Heather - Welcome back and I am looking forward to seeing you reach your goal!

Britt - Hope the vacation is going well and I'm so proud of you for getting back on the wagon too.

Katie - Owwwwie on the IUD! But congrats on your WI!

Barb - 3 days POP? You totally rock!

Carrie - So we're all dying to know about how your weekend went and if you told DH about LAWL.

MizzT - Welcome to red!

Alannah - Sounds like your schedule is working out perfectly.

Liza - WTG on the tacos and the run!

Joni - Good morning, my southern friend!

Dan - You know you can get that scale moving. Maybe a week w/ a lot of fish will get things moving in the right direction?

Deb, Debbie, Letisha, Jillian, Lettie, Paula, and oh so many others that I am missing, good morning!

As for me, I am working until 1 and then I go to the outpatient center for my epidural in my back. Since they put me totally out, not sure if I'll get back on later since the last time I slept a LOT (from around 9 p.m. until 11:30 the next morning). Can't eat or drink anything, so I am a little cranky right now...

tammie07
06-25-2007, 09:52 AM
Morning

I have had two UNPOP days and I am so ready to get back on track. Saying is easier than doing it though. ds had his b day party this weekend and dd's play was this weekened we ate out and had cake and icecream. I am going togo walk on the treadmill today and drink lots of water and hopefully wont see a gain on the scale when I weigh in tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Tammie

Leesee
06-25-2007, 09:52 AM
Good morning everyone. I just stopped in to say HI. I'm sure this thread will be 7 pages long by the time I get home from work. lol

Have a POP day! :)

Joni135
06-25-2007, 09:55 AM
Kristen - I don't get anything when I click on the facebook page except a sign in page...so, let me know when you get these pics on webshots!

Cassi - are you working normal hours this week or still your noon to 8?

bayoubelle68
06-25-2007, 09:59 AM
Morning, all! My mom is visiting for a few days so I won't be on much. I guess our secret will be out after this week. DH and I haven't told anyone what we're doing to lose weight. When people have asked, we've just said, "We're making better choices." which is true! We just didn't want a bunch of people looking over our shoulders with all that "Are you supposed to eat that?" crap! We're comfortable enough with the plan now that we don't really care about questions. I haven't said anything yet, but I know when I whip out my mid-morning Lite bar, mom will be all over me like freezer burn on a fish stick!

KrispieD
06-25-2007, 10:02 AM
I think I fixed it Joni!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=7098&l=5cba5&id=535352065

Cassi I'm sending you a cyber snack and a hug :)

smjezzy
06-25-2007, 10:04 AM
Hey all. I've been sick for a couple of weeks now and finally starting to feel human again. On a positive note I lost 8 lbs! Unfortunately once I ate one meal I gained 4 back. Still a loss so I'm happy. I'm hoping that was what my body needed to break the slump. COD is not happy with me but they never are so whatever. They whined enough when I missed one veggie and a fruit. This past week I was lucky to get down 1 slice of canteloupe and then trying to get anything down my throat for dinner. So a little "off plan" but that's all I could do. I enjoyed being 8 lbs down even if I did feel like death warmed over. Way too much to try to catch up on here so hi everyone and I hope you're all well, losing and happy!

Hey anyone know how to count the weight watchers desserts? I bought some oreo covered vanilla bars (WW). I think they are 1 point or 3 not sure, just don't know how points convert for us.

jessicarenee331
06-25-2007, 10:11 AM
Good Morning Everyone. I did awful this weekend, so I started TO this morning, with the oranges. I know whatever I've gained (havent stepped on the scale yet) this weekend, is mostly salt, based on what I ate. Anyhow, POP this week!!!!!

bizlawchik
06-25-2007, 10:23 AM
Joni - Normal hours this week AND next!!! Also, started my part-time job Saturday and LOVED IT! My legs were tired from standing for 7hrs straight and constantly moving, but I'll get used to it. I've just been in a desk job for so long that it's a change. (I know I'll get no sympathy from Megan on my 7 measly hours!)

Kristen - Thank! :corn: That's me enjoying it! (and the hug too)

Shannon - Glad you're feeling better! Don't know about the WW snacks. I think that they're probably more than 1 starch. But I'm not sure. What are the nutritionals on it?

Joni135
06-25-2007, 10:27 AM
Kristin - it worked!! You were a beautiful rebride.....and Jillian, Jaime look adorable (I want some pink shoes now!) ; DH is quite handsome too.... I think I measured a legal serving of wine in your glass...good girl! EJ's drinking water...good boy! I want to say he's a DILF, but I'm too shy! Is EMIL in any of these pics? Thanks for sharing.

Cassi for Shannon: Weight Watchers GIANT Cookies ‘n Cream Bars (140 calories, 5g fat, 95mg sodium, 25g carbs, 4g fiber, 14g sugars, 3g protein = 2 Points)

bizlawchik
06-25-2007, 10:49 AM
I would guess 2 starches (on a good day)...

Dan2112
06-25-2007, 10:57 AM
Morning all.. Welcome to a brand new week!

Rear end still hurts this morning, but hopefully my little lunchtime excursion will help stretch out the muscles...

Glad you're feeling better Shannon, and I agree that the WW snack would be two starches and maybe even a fat, just to keep you honest! :lol:

Be one with your POP, people!

Boo'sMom
06-25-2007, 10:58 AM
Morning all! Sounds like too many of us had bad weekends--me included and I was punished on the scale--hopefully the whole 1.5 pounds won't stay after today.

Cassi--hope all goes well with the procedure--prayers sent your way.

Kristen--beautiful photos! Congratulations.

Hey Tammie and Lisa and Jessica-

Felicia--we didn't like telling people either--the "we're eating healthier, making better choices" works great most of the time. The Lites are hard to conceal though.

Debbie--my girls are still away--they switched houses on Friday--my mom still hasn't had a turn and she's not happy! My plans keep changing so I am going this weekend--will pick up the one at MIL's and take her to my folks and the other will come with my sis. We are SCATTERED. I figure they will either come back home after our trip to the coast (July 26th) or when my folks come up for my niece's college graduation (August 8th)--a LOOOONNNNGGGG time--I know. I should have accomplished a lot more than I have by now--I'll be busting tail at the end.

Gotta get my act together--lots of errands today--why do I let them all pile up?? More later.

Shannon--hope you are feeling better--ugh.

bizlawchik
06-25-2007, 11:02 AM
Felicia and Lea Ann - When I started I didn't tell anyone except DH. We had some family get togethers right after and I said I was just making more healthy choices. Then when they had dessert I took out my lite and took it out of the wrapper and told them it was a protein bar that I was using in place of desser because it was healthier. Worked pretty well for awhile!

healthy2b
06-25-2007, 11:11 AM
Good Morning All.....

Nicole - There's nothing like getting back to normal after a lot of company. Enjoy your non-company day.

Kristen - great pictures of the RE wedding.

Dan - I'm sorry about your infury - I hope you feel better soon. I love raquetball too but I rarely have anyone to play with. DH will play sometimes but he is always so busy it's hard to get him to the gym.

Mizz T - Congrats on the 4 lb loss, WTG

Felicia - enjoy your visit with your mom!

Cassi - good luck today:hug:

Well, my surprise get-a-way was really nice. We drove up to the Hill County (beautiful 1-2 hour drive) and had dinner and went to see 1408. I recommend this movie. It is the new Stephen King movie and it is really good if you like scary movies. Then we got up the next morning and played 18 holes of golf at the prettiest golf course. The animals (squirrels, ground hogs, deer) come right up to you and there was a creek that flowed through the course...and the weather was perfect. My game was terrible, but we got a lot of laughs out of it and it was a lot of fun. Then we went to dinner and drove down to Austin where we were going to go to a place called Esthers Folley's (kind of a comedy club but better) but it started storming and we would have to wait in line outside to get into the club so we decided to just head home. I was really tired so that was okay with me. With the kids home from college, my house is a mad house right now so the get-a-way was just what I needed. And no, I didn't tell DH about LAWL yet. I will, I just haven't decided when yet.

Last night I had another surprise....I usually have to ride my bike alone but yesterday evening DH walked in and said " hey, lets go for a bike ride"....I was in shock. He never wants to go with me. But of course, it was a competition the whole time. If I even thought about passing him he would nearly knock me off of the road.:lol:so I was a good wife and stayed beside or let him be in front. He is soooo competitive. We rode out to the country to my DD's house but was to tired to get back so DSIL had to drive us back in his pickup.

Here's to a POP week....

smjezzy
06-25-2007, 11:14 AM
This thing is having trouble posting for me...eesh...

OK I think my son's girlfriend just inherited all the WW stuff I bought yesterday. I am NOT wasting my starches on those, they just aren't THAT good. The fruit actually keeps my sugar cravings down. Thanks for responding everyone.

Dan - Are you working on a JLO butt? I assume you're in pain from your trainer. God love the trainers! Special sadists all of em.

Cassi - you are scaring me. What's up with the part time job? Don't you have enough going on with the full time job, school, wife and mother? You are making the rest of us look bad. What's the part time job? Sorry I'm sure you've gone over it but way too far behind for me to try to catch up. Hope your back starts feeling better. That's gotta suck.

Carrie - Sounds like a fantastic weekend. I love Esther's Follies - too bad it rained you out. We saw 1408 this weekend too. I love Steven King - he never disappoints. We also saw Ocean's 13 this weekend and it was fantastic. I'm in movie heaven...Die Hard comes out Wednesday!!! YIPPE KI YAY

bizlawchik
06-25-2007, 11:33 AM
Shannon - You're too funny. To catch you up, I took a part-time job working Saturdays (9-7) at a place called Premier Dinners (www.premierdinners.com (http://www.premierdinners.com)). It's one of those places that I had talked about maybe opening where you come in and put together the already prepped food and then take it home and freeze it so you have a week's worth of meals done in 2 hours. It's only one day, and I need to do something to break into the industry since I can't leave my day job right away. Turns out the owner lost his partner (a friend of about 20 years) a few weeks ago so my timing was great. He's going to start delivering meals and catering as well, plus his cooking is a lot like mine. He can do fine dining, but prefers comfort food and stuff that reminds you of being at mom's for dinner. Exactly like me! I have high hopes that this could really go somewhere eventually, but I'm just taking it week by week at the moment.

smjezzy
06-25-2007, 11:38 AM
That sounds perfect for you! Way to go! This must be a terribly exciting time for you, even if it is exhausting! We actually have something like that here, Super Suppers or something. I haven't been because I figured it wouldn't fit with the diet. I love someone else doing the work for me though. Well I wish for you extra energy to keep up the pace. Yougogirl!

Oh and Carrie - have you ever been to Alamo Drafthouse? I love that place.

Dan2112
06-25-2007, 11:47 AM
This thing is having trouble posting for me...eesh...

OK I think my son's girlfriend just inherited all the WW stuff I bought yesterday. I am NOT wasting my starches on those, they just aren't THAT good. The fruit actually keeps my sugar cravings down. Thanks for responding everyone.

Dan - Are you working on a JLO butt? I assume you're in pain from your trainer. God love the trainers! Special sadists all of em.

Well, I don't know about a JLO butt, but some definition would be nice.. :lol:
I don't know if the pain is training related becuase due to schedule conflicts, we only had one session last week.. I think it's just a combination of everything I've been trying to do to stay active.

When I worked out last night, I did a bunch of the exercises my trainer outlined for me, but the weird thing is that without him there to guide me, I didn't feel like I was doing everything the same way... Oh well.. We'll see what happens for tomorrow's session...

smjezzy
06-25-2007, 11:55 AM
I found that too when I had a trainer. I know half the issue was she pushed me much harder than I pushed myself. She had me doing the exercises faster with little to no break in between. I guess I just did them slower. I dunno, it still beat the heck out of what I was doing before and I was getting results. I need to get my act together and get back into the exercise thing. I haven't even been to water aerobics this month since I've been out of sorts.

LittleBlueCat
06-25-2007, 11:58 AM
Good Morning y'all :wave:
Alrighty- I'm done dilly dallying... wasting time... I am going to jump right back in the program... Starting.... NOW.

Mama Nicole
06-25-2007, 12:38 PM
Good morning everyone :)
Is white cake, layered with strawberries and cream, and frosted with butter cream frosting on plan? I built a cake last night.....and it was glorious. Crap, I dind't think so. Well......I had a bit of trouble staying OP with my company. My cousin, Melanie, is/was my best eating buddy.......and I did good for the most part...... but, the Mexican fiesta we made on Sat pretty much did me in..........and then, her son Kal wanted me to teach him how to make caramel.........and how could I resist.......so I had a few pieces of that.....and the list goes on a bit further, but no need to make you all drool at 10:30 a.m.

I am company free..........whooohoooo. You know, this morning, I was thinkinng about how I am supposed to be to goal by mid August (FAT CHANCE), and I was lying in bed pondering why I haven't stayed OP.......and for a little while, I decided it would be good to pass the blame on someone or something. I decided that it is all Soy's fault. Seriously.......I was all snuggled in my bed.....convincing myself that if I could have tolerated soy, then for sure I would be close to goal already. There are a few things OP that I simply cannot eat, as my tummy would erupt........and I was completely convinced a couple of hours ago that it is most certainly Soy's fault. But then I started thinking beyond the blame game.........and I realized that even dieting failures can be applied to my "blame gets you nowhere," school of thought in, Nicole's Book of Rules To Live By. So, now that I have tried to pass the buck......I have to accept the fact that I am NOT going to make it to my original goal, by my original date.......and that does not feel very good. Lucky for me.......our dear friend Joni has given us all an out.........all of us that have been "farting around" for months. You know, when I look back at my diaries........and think back to when I was really doing well.........it was a time period from about Oct 19th till Christmas of last year. And I was down about 30 lbs in that time. Ladies and Gentlemen..........we need to stay focused on the prize.......and keep working. Blame, excuses, events, free weekends, whatever it may be.........just knock it off. Nothing makes you feel better than staying OP, really. Well, yeah, some things......momentarily feel better.......but things you can do in public, at any time of the day.......you know where I am going with this. Anyway.......I should just be done now........these were just my thoughts for the day......

Kristen........you are looking sooo happy :) Really. I love your wedding redo.....you and your family are beautiful. XOXO

Cassi.........I am going to enjoy every minute of you being around more over the next two weeks. I hope your epidural goes well and that you are feeling relief from it right away :)

Hello to eveyone else.....I am sorry I don't have more time. I have to go take a shower with my DS's now..........that way, I know they aren't setting the house on fire......LOL

And, to quote our very own Dan, "Be one with your POP."
XOXO

emmysmom
06-25-2007, 12:54 PM
Holy cow, you all are chatty!!...like we didn't know that already:)

I am finally caught up on reading - well, more like skimming - all the posts since Friday. Congrats, Felicia on finally seeing a big loss at WI!!:carrot: Kristen - you are gorgeous and so is your family! Thanks for sharing your pics.
Nicole - it's easier to blame someone or something else, isn't it? Someone posted before, it may have been you actually, that a huge part of this whole weight loss journey is mental. I'm trying to get past that myself and change my way of thinking...instead of "Great, I had an ice cream cone...I'm a failure... I quit"...I'm an all or nothing kind of girl and I'm working on fixing that!
I'm sorry, but I'm at a loss right now on the other posts...to much info for a monday morning!
But, I'm with Cassi...let's have some big losses to finish out the month!:wave:

emmysmom
06-25-2007, 12:57 PM
Hi Nancy! :wave:...today is a new day, right?

hollyak24
06-25-2007, 01:11 PM
Today is my first day of Fast Forward, my first official day of LAWL. I am so excited to be starting this. I’ve researched it for a month and am confident that it is a balanced plan that will help me to look at food in a healthier way. So far so good! It is 11:07 a.m. and I have not been hungry! I’m having a hard time getting my water in on top of all of the FF juice, but I can’t complain. Dh and I decided this weekend to go somewhere warm for our anniversary this winter, so I am even more excited to get this body in shape!

Felicia and Lea Ann – I haven’t told anyone that I am doing LAWL either. I am so excited to see it work. I keep dreaming of people coming up and saying, you’ve lost weight, you look great. Let’s face it, almost nobody comes up and says you look so much healthier!

Cassi – my sil really wants to open a food-related catering/delivery business too. I’m excited & cheering for you getting this opportunity.

Nicole – Soy is just rotten. I am sure that is the problem. Seriously, though, that was an inspirational pep talk. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Shannon – I love those ww bars too, but when I was on ww, I could eat them instead of healthy foods. I would not use them as all of my starches for the day either.

I’m trying to keep up on everyone but there is a lot of activity on the thread!

pjbeau
06-25-2007, 01:15 PM
Good Morning All! :wave:

Just a quick check in this morning. I think I did well this weekend. I wasn't POP, but pretty darn close. Mostly, I didn't eat enough, which I know is not good either, but at least I didn't eat junk. The scale didn't move this morning, but after the birthday blowout I didn't really expect it to. I'm just glad I held steady. Hopefully, this week will bring a loss for me. My goal this week is to get back into a walking routine. :tread:

Everyone have a great day! ;)
:dust:

Dan2112
06-25-2007, 02:03 PM
So I finally got my new work uniform stuff in.. I finally have a belt that fits without me having to cut it and bore out new holes!!

The downside? They sent the wrong size polo-style shirts... I'm basically wearning a large now, and they sent 2XL's... The bad part is that it will probably take another several months to get in replacements. I think what happened is that I ordered two XL shirts and they read it as 2XL... What a pain in the butt... Luckily, one of my co-workers just retired, but got in some new uniform stuff too, and I think his stuff is more my size, so I'll be able to use that stuff...

Ok.. rambling done...

Mama Nicole
06-25-2007, 02:30 PM
ah, but Dan, isn't it nice to have something be too big, rather than too small :)

Mama Nicole
06-25-2007, 02:31 PM
It's really freaking quiet here today........what's up with that?????

Joni135
06-25-2007, 02:47 PM
shhhhhhhhhhhhhh...keep it down

Nicole's book of rules to live by.
Nicole - is this available at Amazon.com?

Dan - I did a class at the gym on Friday led by the "Squat Queen" and I'm still hurting. Hoping a good work out later today will stretch out the kinks. If I'm gonna hurt like this I want the scale to be down 10 lbs!

Holly - welcome aboard!

Carrie - your weekend sounds divine.

Mom_of_3_Monsters
06-25-2007, 02:48 PM
Hey guys - just a quick pop in on this busy Monday - I swear I am going to go insane during summer break - my kids are driving me crazy - I can't wait for school to start, and I can go back to work (I work for the school district) and can gain some sanity back (geez did I just say that I WANT to go back to work ? What am I thinking ?) Anyway - the scale has not budged - but I wasn't exactly POP all weekend either --

Here is too a big loss for everyone this week !!

healthy2b
06-25-2007, 03:21 PM
Well, just got back from WI....Even after my weekend away and thinking that I didn't do so well, I was down 1.2 pounds. The councelor was irritated with me though because I had three corn tortillas last night. She kept saying "THREE!!!...THREE!!!!....THREE!!!!....Thats terrible!!" DId she think I didn't know this already? Oh well, starches are a problem for me and all I can do is try a little harder.

JLem311
06-25-2007, 03:22 PM
hey everyone. just checking in for the day. i'd really love to take a nap, but i will get up and get my workout in instead. but seriously, napping sounds much more tempting...ahhh the joys of getting up at 330am!

anyways, just wanted to pop in and say hi. hope everyone is tolerating and even enjoying their monday.

be back later!

equinetcan
06-25-2007, 04:11 PM
Page 3 already....

Liza and joni - Charlie is very photogenic. He mugs for the camera. I swear even though he is an animal he knows when to turn on the charm. This is one of the reasons why I think we did so well in the show ring. When we went through the gates he knew it was time to do his thing and then be a ham once we walked back to the barn. That photo on my profile though is one of the best headshots I have of him.

I did good the last couple of days. I've even got all my housework done. Now I know with it just being me I don't create that much of a mess but with the windows open all the time now I had to dust seriously as everything was mildly covered with it and pollen.

I go back to work tomorrow but only for 3 days as I have an extra long weekend for canada day this weekend. I have friday, monday and tuesday off. Going to a friends on canada day for a bbq and I am bringing a salad. Friday I am having dinner with mom, but that's a roast chicken so that's good too.

I guess that's it for now. I'll check in later.....

emmysmom
06-25-2007, 04:27 PM
It is quiet here today...

Carrie - she should have said "1.2!!!...1.2!!!!....1.2!!!!....Thats wonderful!!"...so I'll say it for her:)

Wendelina
06-25-2007, 04:28 PM
Hi Gang!

I had such a good weekend.. even remaining POP until I had a brownie last night. I'd like to blame my SIL for it.. and even call her evil for making them.. but I chose to eat it. I can't resist brownies. Oh well.. I didn't any lites yesterday -- so maybe that's a trade off.

Nicole - I thoroughly enjoyed your poetic view of our slacking. And you're so right! I remember going at least 2 weeks POP when I first started. What happened to that drive? We all really need to just buckle down, don't we?

Dan - If you're gonna have the J-Lo butt, be sure you wear some of those low-rider pants that she wears to show it off. lol

Joni - I'm hurting like you are.. but it's from golfing! I haven't golfed in years.. and I'm still feeling it a few days later. Best cure... more golfing of course. :-)

Alannah - My house has been completely "pollened" lately. Our outside table was caked with it. Makes my nose itch just thinking about it.

Jillian - short work out and THEN nap!! :-)

Carrie - Congrats on the loss.. and don't let the cod get you down. Maybe she just wanted you to have the words "THREE" stuck in your head for next time you eat tortillas.

Norissa - shame on you for wanting summer over already! :-)

One more day until my ODD comes home from Germany. I can't wait to see her again. She's been emailing me and she's had a great time.. snowboarding in Switzerland.. shopping in France.. the little brat. lol She said she found me something UBER cool.. so I get a present! Yay!

Back to work... Ugh.. I have a case of the Mundays!!!

dawn78
06-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Wendy II - what part of Minnesota are you from?

lizababe
06-25-2007, 04:45 PM
Hiya Everyone -

I'll do some personal hellos this afternoon (gotta have my notepad out) It's Monday and busy busy busy for me.

I bought a digital scale that also measures water and body fat. I haven't figured any of it out yet except for the easy part - weight. It looks correct and if it is, I'm down 1 lb over the weekend! We'll find out at my WI in an hour in the half.

healthy2b
06-25-2007, 05:13 PM
Thanks Tina - thats what I thought

Nicole - I have an intolerance for soy also, but I also have terrible cravings for chocolate so I tried to eat just one half of a lite bar and my system seems to tolerate it and I get through my cravings without scarfing down a chocolate bar.

Wendy II - Sounds like ODD is having a blast - I would love a trip like that.

Jillian - I usually get up at 5:15 a.m. to get a workout in before I go to work and am dead by 8:00. I don't know how you get up at 3:30 a.m. everyday. I'd be a zombie.....

Alannah - enjoy your long weekend, I'm jealous...

Mom_of_3_Monsters
06-25-2007, 05:28 PM
Wendelina - I am having a love/hate relationship with "summer" so far - Bored Kids and lack of funds is making it quite boring around here -- I need to figure out something to do with these guys that is fun, close to home, and FREE . Believe me - I am LOVING being off - but my goodness, it has been less than a month and they are BORED out of their minds ! :dizzy::?:

amy2liz30
06-25-2007, 05:55 PM
I live in MN too.
Where do you live.

ElleofALady
06-25-2007, 07:02 PM
Hey Everybody!!! Sounds like the weekend was hard for some of us chicks and roosts...I hope everyone is up on their LAWL game today and forgetting about what happened. That's the great thing about this plan. You can start over anytime!

My blog moment...
Well, my center(probably the entire Atlanta region) is starting a new eating plan...it's called Meal Simple System. I think it officially starts Weds of this week, if not, it will be real soon. I think it's like the plan MTDebster has passed out...I sure hope so. Unlimited SF jello!!!! (My ice cream fix...)On the other hand, I'm not too sure about it, because my body, I think is finally catching on that I am trying to shrink it's beloved fat cells using Free To Live. We will see...Also, my COD is now selling, Right Portions. It's a glorified tupperware plate with a lid that allows "no more guessing". Ten bucks...yeah, I bought it...I had a 30% off coupon for items $10 or less. Otherwise, it would have sat right there. (My counselors know that I only buy Lites, so they are usually hesitant to try to sell me extras. I give them the look that I give the scale when we don't agree on numbers.) Each section holds 4 ozs or 1/2 cup...you can use two compartments if you need an 8 ozs section. Since, I am a SAHM, I have no use for this on a regular basis. I measure and weigh my food, religiously. But, I will use this when I travel to visit my Mom, as I always eat "Southernly" when I go there.
Additionally, the Caramel Lite has been recreated...with more wheat/fiber. To me, it taste more nutty like than sweet caramelish like it did before. So, maybe that will help some folks with "potty" issues on the plan. It also seems very, very fresh and crispier, than before. I'm still out on it. Anyone else tasted it yet? And, I have lost another 2 lbs since Friday. That means 5 lbs since last Wednesday...even with TOM. I can't believe it!!! POP! POP! POP! (Even OP is good...in my case sometimes.)

Now, my fingers are tired...but I will shot out from memory...

Nichole- This plan is like a marriage...you have to keep at it, Girlie. If not, there are no positive results and you will do nothing but fight/argue with yourself and FOOD. It's just food...I try to remember that almost every night staring at the kids' ice cream- 98% of the time it works. LOL

Cassie- Hope you are getting some well deserved sleep this PM. You need a break!

Angie- Are you out spending your collection of $10 bills? Hope you are having a fabulous day!!!

KrispieD- GORGEOUS!!! I know your entire family just looks at you with awe...well except, EMIL. Your girls are the cutest!!!

Dan- I hope you are doing better. You are sooooooooooooooo close to goal. Look at your LAWL accomplishments so far...don't quit.

Liz- Hope your LAWL world is going OK today!

Liza- How was WI today?

Shannon- Welcome back!

Felicia- Cut those LA Lites up and put them in a baggie, if you really don't want anyone to know. First, I told DH, then DM, then DGM...that's it. I am certain that my MIL or others who give me that sad look when looking at my body, may have noticed my 17 inches lost so far, but nothing was said...on either end. I can't wait until Aug/Sep when she sees me again. I am hoping to be down almost 20 lbs...I hope. LOL!!!

Libby...your hands must be really busy painting. Hope everything is going good.

BobbySam- I know you are lurking...losing weight, as usual. You are so consistent...I wish I could be mad at you. Hope all is well!!!

Wendys, Kims, Paula, Dannette, Jillian, Alannah, Lettie, Joni, Carrie, Tina, who else...I may not have called you by name, but I wish you a great LAWL day. (I have been typing this for over 3 hours now, on and off, so I must go!!!)

bayoubelle68
06-25-2007, 07:18 PM
Letisha - thanks for the tip. I will definitely be doing that when I go back to school in August. I told my mom all about LAWL and she's thrilled. She's diet-obsessed, so she wanted to know EVERYTHING! If there was a COD in her town, I know she would be in there as soon as she got home! She's a sporatic dieter and doesn't stick with anything for long. But she's not really overweight and has never had to worry much. So she just worries about me! ALL THE TIME!!

lizababe
06-25-2007, 07:39 PM
Ok, I've got my notes....

Dan - sorry to hear you're still having pain! Good for you for still getting your workouts though! It's so easy to hit a little bump in the road and use it as an excuse to get off track.

Carrie - Sorry to hear you were talked down to a bit by the COD. You're losing the weight - be proud of yourself! It's about how you feel.. not how they feel.

Alannah - Got plans for your long weekend? I'm so jealous. A long weekend for me is getting two days off. I'm taking 1.5 days this week since my daughter is leaving. One day for us to have our fun then the next morning to see her off. *sob* I'm not doing well with the idea of her leaving.

Joni - Rock on with those squats! You're going to be singing that "Milkshake" song in no time...

Letisha - You are doing FABULOUS!!!!! Congratulations!

I had the WI today 1.8 lbs since Friday! Yay!

equinetcan
06-25-2007, 08:00 PM
Liza - I have a few plans. Dinner with mom on friday night and then Chancey visit on sunday early and then to a bbq at a friends house when I leave Chancey. Monday no plans yet and Tuesday back to see Chancey. I am hoping my ex will let me go see her through the day on tuesday instead of me waiting till my usual evening time after what would have been work. But it will depend on the new girlfriend's schedule. So I have to wait. Either way I will see her but it might be daytime it might not.

I try not to plan too much as the plans always seem to fall through.

Just found out tonight that my bestfriend's parents have to put their dog down likely as soon as tomorrow. They are waiting for some last minute blood tests to come back but the Vet is not hopeful. He thinks it is her liver poor thing. I just met the dog a couple of weeks ago when my friend was doggie sitting her for a few days. She is a nine-year old Bichon and cute as a button. My friend is really upset too. I already talked to her once and will check on her again in a little bit. I am also taking her some leftovers from my bbq chicke slowcooker meal so she has something to eat tomorrow.

Nothing else new. Spent most of the day at home.

I'll check in later!!!

Joni135
06-25-2007, 09:06 PM
Where's Kimphin? I hope she's okay and her GB problem isn't acting up!!

Letisha - thanks for the info on all the new stuff at the Georgia centers. I was curious how they did the no measuring; no weighing advertising I've seen.

Liza - what a great start for you.....hope you and DD have fun together. Just think, when she returns you'll be xx lbs slimmer!! She'll be soooooo proud!

BarbaraB
06-25-2007, 10:33 PM
Hi all,

I had a disappointing COD WI on Saturday, as I was up over the allowed 3 pounds that you get while you are in stabilization.

The week before they gave me the extra starch. I think I was a case of middle aged woman goes wild with that starch!! So no one to blame but myself and my "creative" counting of those starches.

Anyway back to trying to be one with the POP. I keep thinking that with all the extra exchanges it should be easier, which by the way they don't give you the next one when you go over 3 pounds so you feel rather punished, even though I don't particulary care a great deal for an extra fat. I guess if I'm up again next week they might take away that lovely extra starch...

I better stick to my work outs.. I spend 5 hours a week doing cardio, which sounds like a lot, but you kind of get used to it after awhile. I do the spinning class a couple of times a week, the tread mill once or twice and the elliptical once or twice for an hour. Sometimes I do the stair master (or stair monster as I call it) and it kicks my sagging tushy every time.

OH well.. sorry for whining about the horrors of stabilization, which I'm sure many would love to be worrying about keeping it off instead of losing it. But I thought I had that old fat girl whipped into submission but she is still in there in my psyche trying to eat her way back out. But I think the new me who actually attempts to beat the stair monster can take her.

Anyway, hi to you all, and KrispieD your family is just beautiful. I too wanted to figure out which one might be EMIL. My MIL is not really evil, but she is 100% scillian and always spoke Italian to her sisters when I was at family gatherings, which would not be so bad if you didn't hear your name mentioned once inawhile. Hard to not be paranoid. Unfortunately, in my husband's family it is tradition to name the first son and daughter after the grandparents and my husband's grandmother's name was Barbara, so there are like bushels of cousins Barbara's.

Carrie, there are counselors who are really encouraging and those counselors that seem to look for something to shame you with. I guess they probably do hear all manner of lame excuses. And the thought of getting the nasty counselor who will make some bad comment about my diary or my weight does motivate me in some sick way. Since I just don't want to hear that.

Liza, interesting about the promotion deal. I started the diet last fall shortly after dropping my daughter off at college, so having some time where you can focus on yourself can really help with the success of the program.

Joni, Stay away from the Squat Queen. Although my previously mentioned sagging tushy could probably benefit from an encounter... :carrot:

To all those I missed... you all inspire me to keep trying

Barb316
06-25-2007, 11:14 PM
Another POP day for me. I am happy about it. Maybe this time it really will work. I have to post my menu for the 2 week challenge tomorrow.

How is everyone doing today?

Other then being POP, life sucks for me. I am happy that I can be POP when I am not doing well in other things.

lizababe
06-25-2007, 11:37 PM
Alannah - I'm sorry about your friend's dog. That's tough :-( I hope you get lots of time with Chancey during the time off!

Joni - I'm grateful for time to myself and for my daughter to be able to see her family up there. Her Dad is a good guy, but flakey in a HUGE way. Last year he was too depressed for her to visit so it's been two years since they've seen each other. She has a cousin up there who has Muscular Dystrophy and is just a few years younger than her. His health is declining very fast. He's very obese in his wheelchair and breathing is getting more and more difficult. There really isn't any physical therapy that can be done due to his condition so this may be their last chance to visit. She would never forgive herself if she didn't spend some time with him before he passes. I just get so nervous putting my precious child's life in the hands of others. I have to let it go and pray for the best.

Barbara - My father and his family are Sicilian (he was born on an immigration boat somewhere between Sicily and San Francisco) and the only time I ever heard any of them speaking Italian was when they were swearing and didn't want my little ears to catch on. I did anyway. I'm fluent in Italian cursing.

CandlePrincess
06-26-2007, 12:02 AM
ok day one back on LAWL.....i forgot that the first day i always think I'm starving! I know in my rational brain that I'm not....but the part of my brain that loves junk food thinks it's starving. And all that water....i feel like i'm going to float away......now i'll quit whining because I know long term this is worth it.....besides caffiene headaches go away don't they??????

I think my DFD has picked up for my less amount of food....she had 5 bottles and baby food today.....i swear she is part pig....but just as cute as she can be.....

well i'm off....i know tomorrow will be better. see ya'll later!

Mama Nicole
06-26-2007, 12:46 AM
Great job, Heather. One day at a time, right?

Hi everyone :) I applied for a job at Target today. LOL. I am laughing cuz I don't think anyone wants to hire me........and because I don't really think I want a job.......but maybe I do....LOL. No, I'm not drunk.......just tired. I really did apply at Target today, oh, and at Walgreen's online for a pharmacy tech position. We'll see what happens. We have been a little behind lately, and I am trying to think of ways I can help out with the $$$ issues. I certainly don't want anything major, as I don't want to "have" to work, but we'll see what happens. Anyone have a work from home job they want to hook me up with? Hey, maybe I ought to apply a LAWL!!! Wouldn't that be crazy? LOL.

Ok, it is way past my bedtime..........but wanted to check in. I was completely POP today......whoohooo. I didn't weigh in.......maybe tomorrow. Oh, DH has been picking me pickling cucumbers every day for the last week, and they are sooooo yummy. I may not eat any other veggies if they continue to be so tasty. I am going to try to remember to take pics of the garden tomorrow to post.......it is looking quite lovely :) Ok, good night everyone.

Oh, Kristen......loved your pictures.

Night :) XOXO

Mama Nicole
06-26-2007, 01:07 AM
Oh, and Lea Ann...........I never did take the time to tell you how much I love your DD's names. They are adorable. I hope you are enjoying your time childless :) XOXO

Joni135
06-26-2007, 08:25 AM
Nicole - I thought the name of your grocery store (on the Bread Thread) was "Shmucks" and I laughed out loud...now I see it's "Shnucks." Still a funny name, just not AS funny! Good luck with the part-time job apps. I wish I could give you a good "work from home" job idea, but I'm clueless.

Liza - enjoyed reading the Sicilian family info. Where does one put their place of birth if they are born on a boat between point A and point B? I think swearing in another language is the perfect way to let it out! I need to learn a few good ones. My grandmother (a Swede) raised me but the worse thing she said in Swedish was "what a fool you are!" I say a lot worse than that when I'm really made at someone.

Barb - hope things get better soon for you; at least you are staying POP!

Heather - WTG and YES, those headaches will definitely go away.

Last night I couldn't fall asleep and wound up watching the Super Nanny Show. There was this 43 year old widow with 3 boys and 1 girl and the boys cussed at her, hit her, etc. It was horrible. I was crying for this poor mom. Things were a lot better for this mom when Super Nanny left, but it amazes me to see how out of control and bossy kids can become. Guess you have to reel them in while they are young and hope for the best. To all you moms out there, my hats off to you!

Sclae (BTW, that is not a typo....it's a special way to spell scale) was good to me this morning with a pound down. It does pay to be POP. Now if I could just get my workout in.......off I go.

Repo girl
06-26-2007, 09:17 AM
Good morning everyone! I am gonna try to catch up!

Kristen- What great pictures. Congrats on 10 years and your second marriage.

Cassie- I hope that the epidural went well, and that you are getting some relief.

Felica- "Freezer burn on a fish stick", hehe, that is funny.

Shannon- Wow, that is a tough way to drop 8 lbs, hopefully some of it will stay off! Good to have you back!

Lea Ann- No worries, that little gain will disappear in no time!

Carrie- Sounds like you had a lot of fun this weekend, great loss too.

Nancy- Good plan!

Nicole- Wise, wise words. Good luck with Target, but really, you should work at a COD, your clients would love you.

Holly- GL with FF!

Paula- Glad to see that you are doing well. I hope that you can get that walking part down this week.

Dan- Cool about the new uniforms being too big, you are the incredible, shrinking man!

Norissa- You are singing to the choir, lady. My kids are killing me, too.

Letisha- My center is changing too. They said that the plans will be numbers now, not colors. I am supposed to go in tomorrow morning and figure it out.

Liza- Great loss!

Barbara- Sorry about the gain. Hopefully you get it figured out this week.

Barb- Great job staying POP. How can everything in a newlywed's life suck?

Heather- Good job getting back on the wagon, here is to your second day POP!

Joni- Great job! That sclae is gonna keep on plunging down, too!

Repo girl
06-26-2007, 09:24 AM
Well, my birthday trip was wonderful. We went to Jackpot, NV, and stayed at a nice casino. My DH, parents, sisters, SIL, and BIL all went. They stuck 2 big badges on me, one that said "Over the hill", and one that said "30" and made me wear them all over the casino all day. Needless to say, I got tons of birthday wishes. My tummy did not tolerate the food very well, so for the most part, I did pretty good. Unless you count alcohol. Then, I did mega bad. I won $675.00 off a slot, too. Lucky me! I got to work this morning, and my staff has made me a birthday cake out of the Hostess 100 cal cupcakes. They are arranged in a big cake shaped tower. How cute of them, huh? Today, I will be POP, and I mean it! I have to work a 13 hour day to make up for yesterday. That sucks.

Here is to willpower, people!

LittleBlueCat
06-26-2007, 10:08 AM
Good Morning, y'all :wave:

Katie - Hap Hap Hap Happy Birthday Girly Girl!! 30 is a wonderful age!! Awesome job on the jackpot!! We're going to stop by Cherokee NC on our way to Myrtal Beach.... I can't wait!!

Nicole - Good luck with Target... I couldn't work there, for I'm sure I'll be spending all my paycheck there...

My home scale finally went back to my ticker weight... I guess being good does help... hmmmm... where did I hear that before?

Hope y'all have a wonderful day!! Be Good!!
:hug:

smjezzy
06-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Katie - What an awesome birthday. I love your mock birthday cake. Too funny. HAPPY BIRTHDAY:bday2:

Heather - Hang in there - this too shall pass.

Wendelina – Howdy. Glad your daughter is due back soon. A friend’s daughter just got back from a graduation trip to England. The first thing she wanted was Taco Bell <shrug>. I think they went into a week long fast food frenzy.

Letisha – Way to go on the 5 lbs! That’s fantastic.

Nancy - WTG keep it up.

Well scale said I’m up 3 but that’s ok. I knew something would happen once I was able to eat again. I’ve been trying to be good about what I’m eating and stay almost OP. I’m always going to be short on getting all the food in but if I can continue to eat better things I think the 3 will drop back off quickly. TOM should be sneaking up on me so I know there are some water issues now too. One pound at a time! Have a great POP day all.

Mama Nicole
06-26-2007, 10:43 AM
Yeah, where is Kim(phin)? Are you out there...........are you hiding from us cuz you are a fatty? LOL!

Joni....funny thing is, my Dad thought it was Schmuck's also, and called it that one time when he was here visiting. I thoroughly enjoyed that one :) We tease him every time he is here now. Congrats on getting the sclae to move. I hope you are working out as I type. Good begets good, you know ;)

Barb......congrats on your POP days. When all else fails an life has got you down........there's nothing like being POP to give you hope :) Stick with it.........you can do it :) Good to have you back.

Barbara.....I think it is fabulous that you work out so much.........one day, I too will work out.........

Katie......wow, WTG on the big win :) What a fun B-Day. How thoughtful of your co-workers to make you that cake. I love it......and it is a great idea :) How's DH? LOL.

Nancy........yes, being good does work...........WTG!!!

Shannon........yes, one pound at a time.....thanks for the reminder.

Cassi.........how was the epidural?

Lettie......are you ok?

Rhonda........where are you???

Well, I am going to work hard on one more day of POP, and maybe even write my menu later to try to win that darn Chia pet. I am on day two of FF.......so hopefully that won't involve too much work on the menu :) I hope you all have a great day.

XOXO

Boo'sMom
06-26-2007, 10:43 AM
Barb--you are a newlywed!! Life isn't supposed to suck--yet--lol. Hope things start looking up for you.

Heather--it's all about the baby steps--we are just thrilled to have you back. My girls were part pig and there is nothing cuter than a fat baby!! You are a super MOM!!

Nicole--good luck with the job--I LOVE Target so I probably would have to give them my paycheck every week. And thanks on the girls--I get to see them on Friday! They are having the time of their lives so I can't begrudge them that. I miss them terribly but they will be back soon and we will be back in the real world-and we'll all be griping at each other--lol.

Katie--WOW on the jackpot--that's great--nice little summer bonus.

Okay--all for now but a big hello to all of you this morning. My plan was to wash my car first thing this am but it's wet and overcast--lucky me!

smjezzy
06-26-2007, 10:45 AM
Lee Ann - I can't believe the weather. At least it's keeping the temps down. I'm amazed it's almost July and no 100+ days yet. WOOHOO!

Mama Nicole
06-26-2007, 10:48 AM
Oh, I also applied at Walgreens last night. I applied for the pharmacy tech job......and I am hoping my science background will help them overlook the fact that I have not been in the outsie workforce for 10 years. You know, I don't think they realize that I have not been working outside of the home by choice. Oh well...........hopefully something will work out, and if not, well, then I guess I was not meant to be working outside of the house at this time of my life.

smjezzy
06-26-2007, 10:51 AM
Good luck Nicole

healthy2b
06-26-2007, 11:06 AM
Good morning everyone

Liza - congrats on the 1.8...WTG

Latisha - the plate sounds interesting - I'll have to ask my COD about it. Congrats on your 5 pound loss!

Barbara - I can relate to struggling with starches - are are my worst enemy right know.

Nicole - Contratulations on being POP yesterday, I don't think I've had a completely POP day yet. I think working at LAWL is a good idea.

Katie - sounds like you had a great B-day. $675.00!!!!! Whoo Hoo!!!! I NEVER win at slots:(

Nancy - Glad the scale is being good to you....WTG!!!

Shannon - I'm sure those 3 will be gone in no time, especially with TOM lurking.

I was looking at my Menu Plan Kit and under starches it says that a 6" tortilla is 1/2 starch. Yesterday when the counselor at COD was having a fit about my starches she said that each tortillia was 2. What is the correct amount? What does your info say?

Got up this morning as usually to go work out and I felt so tired. It was all I could do to get my 60 minutes of cardio in. I take that back, I quit at 55 minutes because I just couldn't go any more. Then when I went to do my sit ups, I could barely get through them but I did finish, then I blew off the weights after a couple of reps. I don't know why I'm so sluggish this morning....to make it even worse, when I got to work I was starving so I ate 2 breakfast tacos with eggs and sausage!!!!! I'm never going to be POP if I keep this up. I'd better be perfect the rest of the day or the scale tomorrow is going to go crazy. I'll be drinking lots of extra water today!

KrispieD
06-26-2007, 11:08 AM
Sorry Nicole but with Kim's surgery, Cassi's being doped up I cannot allow you to go to work at this time. Joni and I have to approve all absences from the board... so call and tell them you have reconsidered!
The British are going home tonight so that means from about 4:00pm-6:00pm we'll all be crying like fools.
Will be back to normal and POP tomorrow so can't wait to catch you with all of you and slim down me!

healthy2b
06-26-2007, 11:11 AM
Nicole - good luck on the job hunting.....

emmysmom
06-26-2007, 11:12 AM
Katie - that is so cool that your co-workers made you a birthday cake that you can actually eat! Happy Birthday to you!!!:hug: And yay on the extra cash!

Good Luck with the job hunting, Nicole. I always thought it would be cool to work in a pharmacy. We just hired a sales rep that has been a SAHM for the past five years. Hopefully your potential new employers will look past the fact that you've been home with your children and see that you would be an asset to them.

Letisha, Joni and Nancy - WTG! Keep up the great work!

Candle - part pig...that's funny:D

Liza - what can I say...:hug:

emmysmom
06-26-2007, 11:16 AM
The British are going home tonight so that means from about 4:00pm-6:00pm we'll all be crying like fools.

Do you think crying will help you lose some water weight? Seriously, though...I'm sure it will be tough to say goodbyes...hang in there.:hug:

Liza - WTG on the 1.8 pound loss!!!

Barbara - that's just too funny! "middle aged woman gone wild on starches" :rofl:

Mama Nicole
06-26-2007, 11:17 AM
Kristen......don't know what I was thinking........I called them all......LOL. We are anxiously awaiting your return :)

Thanks everyone for the support on the job hunt :) Whatever happens, happens, right? :)

Ok, my one St. Louis girlfriend is on her way here.......so I must be off...
XOXO

Mama Nicole
06-26-2007, 11:22 AM
Hey, does anyone know what color plan is for a woman around 270-280 lbs. My disabled aunt is thinking of trying LAWL, but cannot get to COD easily as she cannot walk and has horrible rhuematoid (I know I spelled that wrong, but dont' care, I'm in a hurry) arthritis. Obviously, she doesn't exercise. I am going to see her next week and would like to give her some pointers. I would tell her to do it online, but she is not computer literate, and the site pretty much sucks............

emmysmom
06-26-2007, 11:23 AM
Hi Nicole :wave:

I think I may have to rethink you getting a job with the fear that you may get fired. I'll explain why...I am so hooked on these boards, that this has become my morning routine...
1. Arrive to work at 8:30am
2. Check e-mail
3. Get coffee
4. Catch up on posts from 9:00am until 10:00am.
5. Post my replies until 10:30am.
6. Read more posts until 11:am...

Are you seeing a pattern here? I'm lucky that I still have a job. lol

jessicarenee331
06-26-2007, 11:24 AM
Good Morning Everyone! I go to WI today, so I hope I've come down since last time. I need to get in more often, Lately I've been only going to COD once a week!
I have a question I'm hoping someone can help me with. I've read on different threads about hot tea, and how it's very filling/refreshing. What brands/flavors do you buy??

Jrny2aNewMe
06-26-2007, 11:24 AM
Good morning Gang!

Cassi – Hope all went well with the epidural and that you are now “pain free”. I don’t know how you keep up, you’re one busy lady!

Kristen – Congratulations on your “remarriage” – you have a beautiful family.

Carrie – your surprise weekend sounded great.

Nicole – how right to tell it like it is girl, too often I know I myself try to blame anyone/thing rather than myself where the responsibility really lies.
Good luck on the job hunt! I need to buckle down and get a part time job myself – got to start to earn some extra $$ to pay for DD’s university – but it’s so hard to get motivated to do that when our summers just seem oh so short.
Enjoy your cucumbers! I’m also told that they’re a natural diuretic! LOL

Wendy II – isn’t it fun when your kids get old enough to go an a vacation and bring you presents, instead of the other way around. Have fun catching up with her!

Liza – I love your “count downs to WI”, what a way to stay positive and win at the losing game!

Alannah – glad to hear your hours are now back to “normal”. Have a good time on your long weekends!

Welcome back Heather!

Felicia – I love your sense of humor!

“They said that the plans will be numbers now, not colors” - wow, I just figured out how the colors worked, now they’re changing it! LOL.
BTW, how do you know if your centre is corporate or a franchise?

Joni – now I know your secret of success – It’s the sclae!

Katie – congratulations on hitting the jackpot in Jackpot. Don’t worry about the liquid starches – you only turn 30 once!

Now, I just have to share this - at last nights WI I officially hit 50 lbs and have entered "two-topia"!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Be one with your POP - TM Dan2112

hollyak24
06-26-2007, 11:25 AM
Katie~Happy Birthday! The big 3-0!

Barbara~I’m sure you’ll figure out those starches. I cannot wait to be in stabilization too. (Of course I just started, so it’ll be awhile.)

Nicole~We have a Schnuck’s here too so I did not realize how funny the name was until others started pointing it out. Good luck staying POP.

Joni~Glad to hear about the loss.

Everyone~good luck with your weight. Keep posting those dropping numbers so that I will know I’m doing the right thing:)

Well, I am on day two of FF and day two in LAWL. So far, so good. I am enjoying butter on my food. I don’t use a lot of salt, but I wanted it by last night. I used Mrs. Dash instead. I am pretty sure I’ll burn lots of calories running to the restroom between drinking the FF juice and all of the water! I was down 1 lb this morning but I know it is water weight. I’ll still take it! I get my plan at lunch today; I’m expecting gold w/lites.

Mom_of_3_Monsters
06-26-2007, 11:25 AM
Nicole - Wishing yo the best of luck !! You know - I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in about the job situation -- My youngest started Kindergarten last fall - and after being home with my kids for 10 + years - I jumped out there. I applied for a job at the kids school after subbing for a few months, and I got the job ! Which is great for me being on the same schedule as they are on (except no work no pay during the summer :dizzy:) I do think people realize that it was our CHOICE to stay home with our kids and will give us a chance !

Katie - :bday2you: Happy Birthday !! Glad that you had a wonderful trip !! Congrats on your "bonus"

emmysmom
06-26-2007, 11:26 AM
WOOHOOOOOO, VAL!!!!!!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Joni135
06-26-2007, 11:26 AM
I was looking at my Menu Plan Kit and under starches it says that a 6" tortilla is 1/2 starch. Yesterday when the counselor at COD was having a fit about my starches she said that each tortillia was 2. What is the correct amount? What does your info say?

Carrie - regular gold and purple plan books say a 6" tortilla is 1/2S; Gold 2 book says it equals 1 Starch...hmmmmm...

Katie - you lucky thing you!!! Happy Birthday! BTW, 30 is NOT over the Hill!!!

emmysmom
06-26-2007, 11:27 AM
Wow, those carrots are big^ lol

Mom_of_3_Monsters
06-26-2007, 11:33 AM
congratulations Val !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joni135
06-26-2007, 11:34 AM
Man - talkative group...

Tina - your post cracked me up about your daily schedule and still having a job...I do the exact same thing. I have learned that the only way I can get work work done is to shut OFF my home PC. I better do that sometime today!

Val - I just asked the counselor at my centre if they were corporate or franchise and they told me they were a franchise. Congrats on your 50 lb mark....that is awesome.

Jessica - I drink a lot of the celestial seasonings teas, but really just in the cooler months. I have a gabillion flavors in my pantry right now....orange mandarin, lemon zinger, berry flavors seem to be my favorites. Right now, I'm hooked on the crystal lite pkgs of raspberry lemonade, berry pomegranate, punch. I am down to just a few diet cokes each week which is a huge victory for me. I had to cut back because the diet coke was apparently robbing me of all my Vitamin D, and massive amounts of diet coke just aren't good for us.

okay, gotta work. You too Tina....

Boo'sMom
06-26-2007, 11:41 AM
Shannon--it had just dawned on my this morning about no 100 degree days yet--that's amazing really. I grew up in Pecos where it would be 115 in July--don't miss that!

Nicole--I think the pharm tech job sounds really neat--especially with your nurising background.

Carrie--I am pretty sure a 1/2 tortilla = 1 starch, so a whole tortilla = 2 starches. I count a flour tortilla as a whole starch but the corn as a half--not right but to me they don't compare. Remeber--the amount after the ..... is the amount that equals a serving. Is this clear as mud now??

Jessica--Bigelow's Vanilla Caramel is my favorite--anytime but summer!

Nicole--working at the kids school would be great, too. I LOVE being on their schedule--and the great thing out here is we get paid in the summer, too--it was great getting a check in June when i hadn't worked in a few weeks! I subbed when we first moved here and loved it because you can always say no if you have to.

bizlawchik
06-26-2007, 11:59 AM
Good morning!

Epidural went well, I suppose. Too early to tell about the pain relief. I'm home from work today 'cause it hurts and I can't drive b/c of the anesthesia. Have to schedule the second one in two weeks.

Quick fly by because typing and sitting at the desk isn't too comfy.

Heather - WTG on getting back OP!

Katie - So glad you had such a great b-day. And awesome slot win!

Nicole - GL w/the job.

Kristen - Finally saw your pics - everyone looks so beautiful.

Joni - WTG on the 1lb. It will come off... you know it will!

Carrie - My plan book says Tortilla, 6-inch... 1/2 also. But the 1/2 is the serving size. Just like underneath where it says Waffle, low-fat......1. Everything listed in your book is 1 one the exchange using the serving size listed. (sorry to be the bearer of bad news)

MomOfThreeTeens
06-26-2007, 12:09 PM
Good morning everybody!!! I turned off the computer yesterday and there were 2 pages, turn it back on this morning and theres 6, sheesh!
I was told when TOM came to visit after the TT that the swelling would be worse than before, GEE thanks! Well its true. TOM arrived on Sunday, yesterday afternoon my new tummy looked like Budda!! UGH!! Made me want to cry! So back on went the dreaded binder and the swelling is much better this morning. PMS and a budda belly, makes me want liquid fruit and I dont even drink! LOL

Nicole-Good luck with the job search. After we had kids I didnt go back to work until my youngest started kindergarten. I got a job at the school they attended. It was great to have the same schedule that they did. I still work at school part time and I love it. Its gonna be weird not having my DD at school with me this year since she graduated. I liked seeing her smiling face pop in my door a couple of times a day.

Kristen-Your pictures are beautiful, such precious girls. Glad your visit with the British has been a good one! We'll be glad to have you around more though!

Val-50 pounds! Woooo hooo thats great!!!

Everybody have an absolutely amazing day!!! I'm gonna try really hard to be POP today, sure dont need anything else making me swell! LOL

emmysmom
06-26-2007, 12:10 PM
okay, gotta work. You too Tina....

I don't know if I can...Hi, I'm Tina and I'm a 3FC-aholic...lol

lizababe
06-26-2007, 12:12 PM
Ok letsee if I'm all caught up here. I took some notes.

Katie - What a great 30th birthday! Mine didn't go so well.. I still want a do-over!

Joni - My Dad's place of birth ended up being Cleaveland, Ohio where they sent them after their arrival in San Francisco. Then he was given dual citizenship. Weird no?

Boosmom - Are you going to be able to wash your car today? Can you do mine too? My neighbors cat decorated it with the cutest paw prints up the hood, windshield, roof and down the trunk.

Nicole - Good luck on the job! I think a lot of employers are pretty understanding of taking a break to stay at home with your children these days.

Carrie - No wonder you feel sluggish! That's a long workout! Unfortunately my life never allows for me to spend that much time at once working out. I break it up during the day. 5 flights of stairs at least twice a day at work and then 30 min of running or bicycle in the evening. Seems to be working pretty good.

Tina - That's funny about your routine (I'm typing this at work too)

Jessica - Good luck on your WI today!

Val - Wow 50lbs!!!!!!! GREAT job!

Holly - Welcome!

Ok I think that's most everyone. Congrats on all of the losses this week and good luck on the WI's.

I'm uber cranky today. I woke up to the phone ringing at 5:35AM. About 15 minutes after my first scheduled report... There was a lot of swearing. Some Italiano most not. The same co-worker who posted that obnoxious comment about my weight on a public message board looks very uncomfortable around me today. God forbid should a woman be fat, that's bad enough. But then be fat and disheveled with no makeup on in public! He can't even look me in the eye. Because I am who I am, I'm making him even more uncomfortable on purpose and spending as much time in his face as I can.

My ex husband is reminding me by the minute (as if I'd ever forget) why we are not married anymore as my DD's trip gets closer. He works 20 hours a week with no responsibility besides himself and his hamster. I work 60+ hours a week and take care of my daughter, dog and two cats. Plus I had to not only pay for her plane ticket, but also buy an American Express gift card for $150 so she can have FOOD while she's there! He can't call the airline to ask a simple question about what kind of ID she needs for the flight, but can call me 11 times in 3 hours "panicking" about it.

I understand sparring with a punching bag is a great workout. I think I need to do that today before I find someone else as a suitable substitute.

healthy2b
06-26-2007, 12:34 PM
Joni - so what is the difference in Gold and Gold 2? I think it's interesting that the two different plans count them differently. I am purple so instead of 2S it was only 1S per tortilla. That's better.

LizzyW
06-26-2007, 12:57 PM
Well I made it back to 171 this morning and with the arrival of TOM to boot. So I guess I can start on the July 4th challenge now!! LOL

Repo girl
06-26-2007, 01:01 PM
Ugggh, so I got to work at 5:00 this morning, at 7:00 my dad called to say that my grandpa died at 4:30 this morning. It has hit me so hard, and I honestly do not know why. He was a bad, bad guy. He died in a secure nursing facility for sex offenders. I have not seen or spoken with him in 2 years. I really thought that when he died I would just be relieved, or even glad. Instead I have cried my eyes out all morning here at work. His behavior split my dad's family down the middle a long time ago. It is going to be a very difficult week for us. I just hope that this can bring us all closer together and that we can let some of the old wounds from the past heal. Now I really gotta deal with emotional eating and drinking.

smjezzy
06-26-2007, 01:14 PM
Um Liza, what on earth do you do for a living?

Katie - I'm so sorry for your loss. Death is always traumatic no matter what your feelings are. We are human. I will keep your family in my prayers and hope this will start to heal old wounds. Consider yourself hugged :hug:

LizzyW
06-26-2007, 01:20 PM
Oh Katie. So sorry to hear about your loss. I think even though he was a bad man, he was still your Grandfather and that is what hurts. Plus with the family being split because of him is probably having a toll on you as well. Good luck this week and you are in our prayers.

Dan2112
06-26-2007, 01:46 PM
Hey gang..

Uber busy today.. One of those days where you can't decide what to work on first...

Katie.. Very sorry for your loss.. Family is still family, no matter what the relationship has been, so it always hits hard.

Liza... punching bags do help.. It's better to do it that way than to take out the frustrations on the cats...

Val - WAY TO GO!!

More later... Wow.. Liz posted twice today.. A new record!! :lol:

Mom_of_3_Monsters
06-26-2007, 01:51 PM
Katie - Thoughts and prayers for you and your family during this difficult time ! :hug:

MTdebster921
06-26-2007, 01:55 PM
Val- Awesome on the 50 lbs. and entering into the new century!! Big congrats!!:carrot:

Kristen- Loved the pictures! You looked like you were having so much fun!

Katie- I'm glad you had a fun 30th birthday and hit the jackpot in Jackpot!! Sorry about your grandpa:hug:, hopefully the wounds heal without the extra help of food.

Cassi- I'm glad the epidural went well, hopefully you will get some relief from the pain.

KimII- Is the swelling going to be like that from now on, or just until you are healed up? I'm wishing for the latter for you.

Liza- Sorry you overslept and are cranky. Hopefully your day will get better.

Liz- Good to see you!!

Running a little behind on the posts so if I missed you:wave:, I am sorry.

I blew it yesterday! I got up at 3:30a, to work at 5 and didn't get off of work until 3:30p, because we had some VIP's come into the store, so I couldn't leave until they had toured my department. I must have caved to "tired eating" along with the fact that TOM is looming upon me and I just scarfed everything in sight!! I was overfull, crampy, headachy and muscle achy, oh and very tired. Still have everything but the overfull feeling this morning. I just feel like a blob. My body has not reacted this way to PMS in a long long time. Has anybody else had big changes in the way their bodies handle PMS and TOM since you have lost weight????? Please, someone tell me I am not the only one!!!

Ok, gotta get my sluggish self out of this chair and start getting ready for work. Have a great day everybody!!

lizababe
06-26-2007, 01:57 PM
Katie - I am very sorry you have to deal with this. I often wonder how it will affect me when my mother passes. I haven't spoken to her for 4 years for many good reasons that I just can't list here. She is a toxic person. We tend to abuse our own bodies because abuse is all we know. Please don't do that to yourself. Stay strong and come to us for support through these times ok?

Shannon - I'm a traffic reporter so I get all of the wonderful crazy early AM and late PM hours. Weeeeeee

Dan - I can't take it out on my cats. They'd kill me. I know they've been plotting my death for the past 10 years......

I forgot to put in here another part of the stress and cruddy start to my day. While I was oversleeping, I had an awful dream. For some reason, another reporter was following us in the chopper and she suddenly disappeared from radar. We were searching for her from the air and couldn't find any wreckage so we landed and started a ground search. I woke up just as we were finding wreckage. It really unnerved me today to wake up to that and late for work on top of it. Then just as I was getting ready to leave this morning, the tv station wanted to launch us over the ocean for a drowning with 300-800 ft cloud cover (the pilot won't fly under less than 1300 ft) The guys at the TV station have never been in a chopper and always threaten us if we don't fly in bad conditions (lightening storms, 65mph wind gusts, etc.) I couldn't even deal with them today and made someone else talk to them to say NO.

Wendelina
06-26-2007, 02:00 PM
Hi Gang! Happy Tuesday to you all!

Katie - So sorry for your mourning -- and as others have already said, no matter what the relationship, it's still a loss. Sometimes we (as humans) cry in relief as well - it could just be a reaction to something bad being "over". Stay strong - you can prevail over the emotional eating! The mourning part is temporary, and food only gives a temporary "boost" too.. NOT eating those foods that are calling you is something that will help you feel better longer. Hang tough hun! :hug:

Dawn78 & Amy2Liz30 - I'm up in St. Cloud.. where are you 2?

Barb - Glad your back and kickin' butt girl!

Nicole - Personally, I couldn't work at Target. I'd spend my paychecks before I even earned them with the discount! :p

Letisha - Woo hoo for your 5# loss! Way to go!

Carrie - I found that I was starving after working out too.. so I now eat something before I work out.. and I only work out 30 min a day. I don't have the urge to binge afterward anymore.

Tina - I have that same work schedule!! I just now had time to do some actual work! (and here I am posting!)

Liza - Great job on the 1.8 loss.. and your co-worker deserves to feel "uncomfortable". Does your daughter have a school id with a photo for traveling?

Nancy - My sclae and ticker finally match again too! I didn't have the heart to move the ticker when I went on my cheese curd spree.. :(

oops.. gotta go!

BarbaraB
06-26-2007, 02:05 PM
Nicole,

I only work out 5 hours a week because I REFUSED to go back on the Gold plan when I was in weight loss. Of course the lighter you are, the easier it is to keep going. When I think about strapping on all the weight I lost and doing an hour on the tread mill, I couldn't do it when I was that weight and I probably couldn't do it now. Now that I'm in stabilization, I'm afraid to cut down on the working out in case I gain weight. Plus I usually have some reason that I really should try to burn off a few extra calories!

I took off about 3 years when my daughter was small, and it was hard to find someone to hire me, but eventually I did. When the opportunity is right, the job will be yours. Sometimes the things that disappoint us the most, end up to be for the best.

Liza, all my husband knows in Italian is swearing or really more mean insults, as he knows how to call people ugly or stupid or slutty, and be careful and quiet and let's eat. His grandmother never did learn english and his mom didn't learn it until she went to grade school as a child. His grandmother could never quite make out Happy New Year, so instead she said Happy New As#. We still wish each other a happy new as# each year, always went well with my traditional resolution to lose weight every year.

Val, welcome to Onderland and great work to get 50 pounds down. I'm sure that everyone is noticing by now!!!! That is great and you should be proud of yourself. I'm sure you have made a big difference in your health and in your life.

I look at the calorie count on the tortillas to decide how to count them.
Some of the really thin corn ones can be as low as 40 calories per.
Some of the large flour ones can be 200 calories. So of course it makes sense to me to count them differently. So I might count 2 40 calorie ones as 1 starch and 1 200 calorie one as 2 starches. But then again I"m kind of the queen of creative starch counting... and the scale does not count the way I want when I get really creative.

Tina, I am also sure that I'm going to get in trouble with spending too much time on the 3FC site and not working. Of course my job is not all that exciting, unless you really get excited about calculating pension benefits and everything that goes with that, as I've spent the last dozen years working on pension benefit software.

I better get back to work!

Here's to resisting the urge to get creative in counting starches and a POP day for us all

lizababe
06-26-2007, 02:26 PM
Hmmmm lotsa PMS on these boards today! I have it too...

Kim - That's got to be scary to see your new beautiful flat tummy go Buddha but at least you know it's temporary!

Deb - Sorry about the food hangover. My PMS varies. Sometimes I have none at all and sometimes I have everything from headaches and nausea to muscle fatigue and extreme "munchies"

Wendy - My clever DD can't find any of her student IDs. I ordered a new copy birth certificate to get her a state ID and it hasn't arrived yet. Hence the panic.

Barbara - That is SO funny about your Happy New A**! A few years ago I took a side job helping my friend sort out some very bad past accounting in his food distribution business. One of our vendors was this Sicilian man with the worst broken english I've ever heard. One time I finally said "Enzo, I have no idea what you are trying to say to me." He replied "This is Enzo English, get used to it." I laughed so hard. I made him speak Italiano only after that.

Jrny2aNewMe
06-26-2007, 02:29 PM
Just a quick fly by to catch the updates.

Katie - I'm sending a cyber hug your way. So sorry for your loss! Whether you got along or not, it is still a loss and it still hurts.

Back to work - darn stuff keeps interfering with my 3FC time!! LOL

Dan2112
06-26-2007, 02:31 PM
Katie - I am very sorry you have to deal with this. I often wonder how it will affect me when my mother passes. I haven't spoken to her for 4 years for many good reasons that I just can't list here. She is a toxic person. We tend to abuse our own bodies because abuse is all we know. Please don't do that to yourself. Stay strong and come to us for support through these times ok?

Shannon - I'm a traffic reporter so I get all of the wonderful crazy early AM and late PM hours. Weeeeeee

Dan - I can't take it out on my cats. They'd kill me. I know they've been plotting my death for the past 10 years......

I forgot to put in here another part of the stress and cruddy start to my day. While I was oversleeping, I had an awful dream. For some reason, another reporter was following us in the chopper and she suddenly disappeared from radar. We were searching for her from the air and couldn't find any wreckage so we landed and started a ground search. I woke up just as we were finding wreckage. It really unnerved me today to wake up to that and late for work on top of it. Then just as I was getting ready to leave this morning, the tv station wanted to launch us over the ocean for a drowning with 300-800 ft cloud cover (the pilot won't fly under less than 1300 ft) The guys at the TV station have never been in a chopper and always threaten us if we don't fly in bad conditions (lightening storms, 65mph wind gusts, etc.) I couldn't even deal with them today and made someone else talk to them to say NO.

As far as I know, that's pretty much what cats do.. Plot our downfall..

I know what you mean about flying in bad weather.. But I know it from the other side of the coin. When I worked at our ABC station, the pilot we had at the time refused to fly in anything approaching a sustained wind of 30 mph.. While I understand his concern for safety, it used to drive our news director nuts.. The other stations have "cowboys" as pilots who seemed to fly in any kind of weather... However, were I in your shoes, I'd feel exactly the same way...

lizababe
06-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Dan - we have the same thing. A rival station has one of those "cowboys" who will fly in anything. Our pilots are more experienced and it's through those experiences they have learned to be cautious. Especially when flying with a reporter in the chopper. I put my life in their hands everytime we go up and they know that. There was a windstorm that hit us on the way back from the mountains from filming a plane wreck (fatal) that was the only time I can say I really worried. I worried even more when I heard my pilot cursing his way through it. After that the TV station called me and wanted me to fly over a big rig hanging over the side of a cliff. I looked it up through the CHP dispatch site and saw "Was blown over by wind" I asked him what he thought that would do to our chopper... duh. I wish they would take a ride in it just once to know why we don't want to risk our lives in such conditions.

emmysmom
06-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Katie - I don't speak to my father and I felt like you did about your grandfather...that once he did pass, I would probably feel relieved. Well, my dad is still alive, but whenever I hear something about him...for example, he lost his hearing...it hurts. You can't pick your family and there is always some unconditional love there no matter what they've done. Turn to all of us, not the food...don't let him do that to you...(((hugs)))

emmysmom
06-26-2007, 03:02 PM
Okay, seriously guys...I have to do some work now. If I don't get payroll done, I'll be mobbed by some very unhappy employees!!!

Mama Nicole
06-26-2007, 03:08 PM
Katie........XOXO.

mizzt
06-26-2007, 03:16 PM
nicole...im on regular red and i am 274 right now at 292 i was red 1

hollyak24
06-26-2007, 03:19 PM
I got my plan today– gold with lites. They’re running a 40% off lites promo this week, so I can get better than bulk pricing without bulking. I have to decide that Thursday. Interesting.

Katie~I’m so sorry you’re going through such a tough time. I know that doesn’t do justice to your conflicted feelings, but I am sorry. Your family is in my prayers.

Dan~just start; it is the only way to get going. Soon you will be down to only 1 million and 3 things to do.

Deb~TOM is evil. I think mine may be on the way in too. I haven’t lost the weight yet so I don’t have any advice for you on how losing weight affects PMS symptoms. At least it isn’t forver.

Liza~Surely your day will get better from here!

Barbara~ Happy New As# to you :)

JLem311
06-26-2007, 03:39 PM
hey everyone. just a quick hello for right now.
i'm super tired and stressed from a crazy busy day at work today. just wanted to say hi.

i'll be back later to catch up.

amylou7777
06-26-2007, 04:34 PM
Hello all! Just got back from our lake trip. I did pretty good, went off plan for about three days but tried not to binge. I was pretty active and definitely got a TON of water in b/c it was over 100 degrees all week. Just got back from my first W/I and I actually lost one pound! I couldn't believe it, and neither could the COD! :carrot:
I'm going to start a take off tomorrow b/c my goal was to be down 20lbs by my bday on 7/7!

Jillian/Deb-have we been working out? I'm gettin' my butt to the gym this afternoon!:trampo:

JLem311
06-26-2007, 04:50 PM
amy--i did a workout yesterday and today. and my 3rd for this week is tomorrow. :) yay!
how 'bout you? and debbie--how's things been with you? good, i hope.

Joni135
06-26-2007, 04:57 PM
Katie - :hug: Sorry it's been a tough day for you.
Liza - do you ever get to watch the show the "New Christine" (or something like that). I caught it last night and found it quite funny; the story about your ex made me think of that. Sometimes men are just clueless (sorry Dan; I didn't say ALL men).
Kim - personally, I think Budha's are kind of cute....I need to go PM Kimphin...she's MIA. Her surgery was scheduled for this coming Friday, right??

Way too much talking going on today. Y'all just need to step away from your computers for a bit.....

MomOfThreeTeens
06-26-2007, 05:03 PM
Katie-I'm sorry for your loss sweetie.

Deb and Liza-The swelling is temporary and will last off and on until everything is completely healed. Knowing that its only temporary and only occasionally, keeps me from crying! LOL

Congrats too all the losers!!

MomOfThreeTeens
06-26-2007, 05:05 PM
LOL Joni Budda isnt cute when you've paid that much money to get a flat tummy! And yes, I think Kims surgery is Friday.

healthy2b
06-26-2007, 05:06 PM
Katie -:hug: so sorry for your loss

Barbara-:lol: funny Happy New As* story and I had the same exact conversation with the COD.....Corn vs Flour and sizes....they shouldn't be counted the same

Wendelina
06-26-2007, 05:29 PM
Kim - Your Eastern-style religious tummy is only temporary :-) Buddha will be gone again soon.

Tina - I get one thing accomplished.. and the computer keeps calling me back.. "read the new posts.... you know you want to read the new posts..."

JLem311
06-26-2007, 05:34 PM
just posted a new avatar (left side is from feb and the right side is from today!) what a difference!

there's a bigger version in my profile.

i'm gonna post a new pic of the kids here tonight. :)

ElleofALady
06-26-2007, 06:10 PM
Jillian- You are melting away...quickly. I am so ready for that stage of weight loss...Congrats!

Katie- :hug: Sorry to hear about your loss. I can totally relate to your emotions, so just know it gets better. Congrats on your jackpot!!!

Tina- Payroll...wow. I was in HR as a supv for many years before becoming a SAHM. I so hated Payroll(as well as my co-workers...LOL), but did love Benefits and Compensation. So many coinkydinks on this board. Get to work...

Liz- I'm with Dan...you posted twice!!! Glad to hear you broke your numbers! KUTGW!!!

As for me, I am on TO Day #1...no energy and starving. It is so darn hot here. I have already consumed 110 oz H20 and 20 oz Strawberry/Lemonade Chrystal Light. :?: Since, I don't plan on walking or doing fitTV today, I have been going double duty on housework. That's my day. Fish tacos for the family tonight. Since, I am Mahi Mahi'd out from the weekend, I will not have one bite. :carrot: Hope everyone is having a POP day. If I missed you by name, I am thinking about you!!!

smjezzy
06-26-2007, 06:17 PM
Fish Tacos sound good Letisha - I'm coming to your house for dinner

ElleofALady
06-26-2007, 06:28 PM
Shannon- I'm not making the LAWL version:o...everything is full fat:o and sodium to the max:o I'm certain Dan has passed out by now...On another note, not that I don't care about my family's health, but I have a picky eater 4 yr old...Back on topic...Next time I make a LAWL batch, I'll let you know.:p

smjezzy
06-26-2007, 06:38 PM
Hmm - the full fat sounded much better : )

BarbaraB
06-26-2007, 07:00 PM
Jillian, The weight loss really shows!

Letisha, I feel your TO pain. You are already almost halfway done with it though. I always just appreciate the food so much after TO. Makes everything so delicious.

Katie, even if he was a jerk, he was your jerk. It is OK to feel sad when you lose someone who meant something to you, even if you were close many years ago. It is still a loss.

Deb, I don't know... I think my PMS is greatly affected by if I take calcium or not. I better go and take my calcium. I forget too often. I don't know if the EFA's help, but maybe. I stopped taking both last month, and it was not good.

Joni, unswell soon... We all enjoy the flat tummy pictures and we wouldn't want the marble to get stuck.

Repo girl
06-27-2007, 08:57 AM
WTF? No one posted after 3:00 yesterday afternoon? People, where are you? Thank you all for the well wishes about my grandpa. The day got easier as it wore on, and my grandma took the news much better than I expected. We took her out to dinner last night. She actually seems to be looking forward to the funeral. I guess that she is ready to put this nightmare behind her. My sisters and I have agreed to sing at the funeral. My sisters both have amazing voices, so me singing with them is sort of like a crow screeching along with a couple of song birds, LOL. We are singing a song called "I Believe". It is really beautiful. I was POP all day until dinner, then, not so much. I am going to the COD this morning to get the scoop on the new plans, so I will let you all know what I find out about that.

mamato2girls
06-27-2007, 09:45 AM
Good morning! Just got back from Disney last night, and we had a great time. I have to admit that it was difficult with a 2-year-old, however. She didn't like being hot, or waiting in line, or having her sleep schedule messed up, or not being able to see Winnie the Pooh and Tigger every second. The most awesome news is that DH and I DID NOT GAIN ANY WEIGHT!! Not sure how we did between eating the park food, character all-you-can-eat meals, and ice cream, but I'm proud of us!! Okay, lots of laundry and stuff to do. Not going back to work until tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well!!!

Joni135
06-27-2007, 09:56 AM
Katie - really, where is everyone? That's okay. It didn't take me 20 minutes to get through everything. So, tell me, do you ever sing karoke? Can't wait to hear what new stuff your COD tells you about. Post it in a new thread and then maybe when folks go to their official COD and learn new things we can have it all in one place.

Jillian - I can certainly see the difference in your face (and I see your elliptical in the background!!). For anyone that hasn't done so, you really should take a before picture of yourself so you can visualize your own progress. I dug out some pics I took in May 2006 when I first started LAWL and then I had a November 2006 picture and what a difference. I have managed to put back on 10 lbs and this time I took a picture in a 2 piece suit and my goal is to really see a difference when I post the before/after picture in late November/early December. Hold me to this. I know you'll all still be around!

BarbaraB - I think you meant to say "unswell soon" to Buddha Kim...although there are many parts of me that could use some unswelling.

I ate my first fish taco the other day at a Mexican restaurant. They used tilapia and it was okay, but I think I'll stick to fajitas and make my tilapia Cassi style.

Liza - did your DD get off okay?

I have PMd Kimphin and not heard back yet. Does anyone know about gallbladder stuff? Her surgery was scheduled for this coming Friday, but could someone have a gallbladder attack and need to have emergency surgery?

Also, where's Angie (Suziewan)? We probably should have another thread that says "out of office" and when you are going to be gone a long time, you need to put a note in there so worrywarts like me won't start worrying.

I had to get up this morning at 5 AM to bring Charlie to Athens, GA for his chemo treatment. Of course I got up at 2 AM, 3AM, and 4AM and then what happened...the stupid alarm was on low volume and I didn't get up until 5:30 AM. I hate rushing in the morning, but I still managed to get here on time. I'm tired already and it's only 9 AM.

Okay, must go do some work work; I'm working on my 3rd POP day today. I swear when you plan ahead it's so much easier. Since I'm not home today I packed my breakfast, snacks and lunch. My little cooler is busting at the seams. I bought those "flat wraps" at SuperWalmart last night and they are soooo good....9g of fiber. I feel like i'm cheating, but I'm not. These things even have the Bob Greene "Good Life" seal of approval. I can't wait for lunch.

morning everyone...........

smjezzy
06-27-2007, 10:03 AM
Katie - so glad you're feeling better. Keep your chin up. I'm sure the funeral will be tough to get thru. Glad your Grandma is taking it well and my thoughts and prayers are with you that this will pull your family together.

Well I weighed this am and it appears I've actually only packed on 1 lb since I started eating again. This is pre-TOM too so I'm hoping some more will drop off after auntie slams thru. I tell you what I'm in my shark to chum, pre-tom eating frenzy right now. Fortunately this diet gives you so much food that basically puts me on plan! Work is a nightmare right now and to top it off half the stuff I'm working on requires that I get printouts that I have to go across the street to pick up. Did I mention we're having a MONSOON HERE? I do love rain though and it's keeping the temps to a mild roar for Texas. So rain on!

I hope everyone has a great POP day.

Repo girl
06-27-2007, 10:13 AM
Wendy- Wow, great job! Not having a big gain after vacation is impressive. Glad that you had fun.

Joni- I did the same thing! I have to be at work at 5:00 AM. My alarm went off at 4:00, I hit snooze, then woke up at 4:50. I took the world's fastest shower, threw on my clothes, grabbed my makeup bag and a brush, and raced out the door. I keep a curling iron here at work for just this reason. I was still 10 minutes late, but my daycare mom was late too, so she had just pulled in when I got here. Oh, I hate mornings like that! Great job staying POP, btw.

Shannon- Thanks girl. Glad you are feeling better. Don't blow away!

bizlawchik
06-27-2007, 10:14 AM
Good morning.

Katie - So sorry to hear about your family issues. I know this is a difficult time for you, no matter what the circumstances, so know you and your family are in my thoughts.

Joni - Same thing w/you and Charlie!

I'm back at work today, the scale rewards my first day back OP w/ a 3.2lb gain, and I'm cranky. I know the gain is possibly pre-TOQ (for the newbies, that's like TOM, but only every 3 months, or quarter, which is due any minute) and more likely the steroids, but since I am going back to the COD today for the first time in almost three weeks, I'm not looking forward to the "gain for no reason". Oh well, just like the last round of shots, it will go away in a few days. And the steroids leave me with such a rosy glow!

bizlawchik
06-27-2007, 10:15 AM
Wendy - WTG on surviving Disney!

JLem311
06-27-2007, 10:30 AM
morning everyone. not much going on today. i have to work at 4pm today, so that gave me the chance to sleep in a bit and i'll be able to get a workout in today too. :)
thanks for all the nice comments on my new side by side pic. it definitely shows the 30lbs i've lost.
i'm gonna post a cute pic of both the kids in my profile for a while now, so that y'all can see my babies! :)

wendy--good to see you back and glad you had a great time and didn't even gain! whoo hoo! fantastic!

ok, i'll be back later.

emmysmom
06-27-2007, 10:42 AM
OMG, Jillian...you're kids are gorgeous! And the before and now pictures of you are awesome. You can definitely see a difference!

Wendy - excellent job!!! I didn't think it could be possible to go to Disney and not gain...you're an inspiration!

Cassie - I'm sure the gain is from the steroids...they can be hard on the body.

Joni - Is this Charlie's first chemo treatment? How is he doing with it?

Katie - that's really cool that you and your sisters are going to sing. How is your sister anyway? I'm sorry, I forget her name...she posted here for a while...didn't she teach yoga, maybe? What do you do at the daycare you work at? My DD just started preschool a few weeks ago and loves it!

Hello to everyone!! :wave: I won't even try to list names because I'm just too brain dead this morning:dizzy:

Jrny2aNewMe
06-27-2007, 10:44 AM
Good morning all!

Joni - Hope all goes well with Charlie.
I have seen those "flat wraps" at the store, but haven't got them yet. Do they still count as one-half a tortilla for 1 starch - I haven't had any tortillas yet as I refuse to give up 2 starches for one tortilla and I can't get the La Tortilla Factory ones here.
With relation to gallbladder attacks - yes, it is possible for a person to have an attack and require surgery immediately. Here's hoping that's not Kim's problem though. On the plus side, recovery from gb surgery is usually pretty quick - usually only a couple of days, I've know of people who have had their gallbladder out on a Thursday and been back to work on Monday - however, they were real "keeners", usually it's about 1 week off work.

Jillian - You're looking great! and your kids are cuties too.

Have a great POP day everyone!

bizlawchik
06-27-2007, 10:48 AM
Tina - Thanks for the words of encouragement. I know it's the steroids, but I also know that I won't use that as an excuse to go off plan. I know that if I stay POP then the lbs will go away in a few days. Hey... on the bright side the COD will think I'm super woman, right?

Jillian - Your avatar looks great. You really can see your weight loss. You look so cute! And the kids are adorable too.

emmysmom
06-27-2007, 10:52 AM
Exactly, Cassie...stay POP and maybe you'll see a 5 pound loss in one week...you can amaze your COD:D

aguerin
06-27-2007, 11:10 AM
Hello All. I am new to 3FC and wanted to say hello. I joined about a week ago and love the support and information that I am finding. I am on an LAWL 6 week plan which is almost over. I am still undecided if I want to re-join or take my chances using what I already know and this forum for support. I don't think LAWL is offering any specials at this time at my location so I am undecided. Any suggestions? :?:

bizlawchik
06-27-2007, 11:27 AM
Aguerin - Wow, your losses so far are great! And welcome to our group. As far as joining, that would really depend on what your needs are. For me, I find the accountability of going into the COD a necessity. Others don't require that. If you purchase additional weeks, you are most likely going to need to purchase stabilization and maintenance weeks as well. Again, if you are someone who has yo-yo dieted for awhile, you may need and/or want that accountability. What you will get from that time, even though it seems so long, is you will learn the habits that will make your weight loss a forever thing, instead of gaining those hard-lost pounds back.

I have/had a lot more to lose than you, so I know that I need the accountability. However, I spent many years yo-yo-ing between 140-165 before the major weight gain to know that if I would have really had my head in the right place that I would have benefitted from the year of maintenance. It's just that little extra to reinforce your behaviors.

Mama Nicole
06-27-2007, 12:25 PM
Good morning all :)

So, I was a dummy yesteday. I had the perfect mindset, and then my "friend" came over. For real, the reason she is in quotes is cuz I am starting to think she is not such a great friend. Anyway......we were playing outside with our kids........and my sweet little boys taught her 3 year old boy how to pee like a man on a tree..........LOL....which was really a very good thing, as he is afraid to stand and pee..........anyway........we were sitting outside, and she started talking about donuts. She offered to go get some. I told her if she and the kids wanted donuts that was fine, but that I had been OP for a spell, and woudn't be having any. Well, the witch came back with 2 DOZEN donuts.......and many of them my favs (and she knew it). Well, I gave into temptation. The only reason I am mad is because I told her I was not going to eat them.......and then I did. I am mostly mad at me. But really, what friend does that? If I would have been at her house and in the same situation.......and she had merely mentioned the fact that she was staying on her diet plan.......I would NEVER go buy her donuts. WTF???? Anyway, I am right back on plan.........no jerk can stop me now :)

I sure hope Kim is ok. I thought for sure calling her a fatty would get her attention......now I am worried.

Joni........I hope Charlie does well with his treatment today. :hug: for Charlie :)

Cassi............I am loving that you are here in the a.m.

Katie........I just love you :)

And everyone else too............I hope you all have a great day. I will check in soon :)
XOXO

Joni135
06-27-2007, 01:07 PM
Nicole - sorry your friend tempted you with the donuts! Surely someone as clever as you can come up with some sort of 'payback!'...I personally don't have much willpower at all, so I can see caving in for donuts. DH has a new routine of getting up on the weekends and going to get Einstein bagels. I was joining him and then realized his bagel addiction did not have to become my bagel addiction and since I can't walk into the place without having a bagel, I just quit going. So much for "together" time.

Aguerin - just hang around here....we'll keep you honest (or at the very least, entertained!).

Val - I'll have to get someone to check out the flat stats. I just got very disappointing news on my low carb, high fiber, protein, pita things, so I'm not as excited about my flat wraps as I was earlier today.

Tina - actually, this is chemo treatment 12 of 16 for Charlie dog. He's in remission. Thank God. Canines don't stay in remission forever and a second course of chemo is not recommended (they become immune to the drugs). I'm hoping he gets 4+ years more (that's the high end of their stats), but I'm happy for every single day with him.

Cassi - Dang those steroids...but, you know this will drop. I was just doing the math and hope TOQ doesn't affect your Dec 19 Chicks Challenge weigh in...just a thought to ponder!!

Gotta go eat my potentially illegal flat wrap sandwich....later.

bizlawchik
06-27-2007, 01:09 PM
Joni - NOTHING will keep me from that final WI! TOQ be damned!!!

slim n trim
06-27-2007, 01:15 PM
Good Morning ....

Hope everyone is doing well. I have been so busy the last couple days I have had very little time to spend on here ..... and I miss it. I laughed at I think it was Tina's post yesterday - this is my day - I log in, read the new posts, get a coffee, read some more etc...... that sounds like my day as well.

Anyway, not a lot of time today, so just a few quick comments

Katie - so sorry for your loss.:hug:

Jill - your kids are just to darn cute.:hug:

Joni - hoping all goes well with your furbaby. :hug:

Nicole - that was a mean and nasty thing that your "friend" did to you. Perhaps she is jealous of the success that you have had? Now brush those donut crumbs and sugar off your face and get back on the wagon. Story about your boys is to cute.

Nicole's story about the kids reminds me of something that my not quite 3 y/o granddaughter did ..... one day her and I were shopping. We were heading to another store and I could see her sitting in the car seat getting sleepy. I told her that when we got to the store I would get a shopping cart and that she could ride in it, then she wouldn't be so tired...... she replied to me ...... duh Gramma ...... big girl now...... big girls don't ride in shopping carts. OK then. Kids come out with the cutest things sometimes.

OK - I am finished my smoothie, and now I really need to get my behind in gear and finish cleaning my house. The vacuum cleaner is calling my name and so is the laundry - so I gotta go.

Big hello's to everyone ------ to many to mention everyone's name .... but if you are reading - I am saying hello to you and wishing you well.

Be back later.

Dan2112
06-27-2007, 01:27 PM
Morning all.

Wendy, welcome back! Your success at Disney gives me hope that Liz and I can make it through, when we go there next year. I'll bet all the walking had something to do with it!

Katie.. glad you're feeling better..

Jillian - Fantastic pictures.. The face is one of the first places we notice a loss and it's an amazing feeling.

As for me, there's good and bad.. Got on the scale this morning and I'm back down to 206. YAY!!

The bad news is that I spent last night in the ER.. I went to bed last night with back pain.. It got to the point that I couldn't get comfortable and the pain grew immensly. I thought I might have a kidney stone or something.

Turns out I have a severe strain, mostly likely from last night's workout.. We did a lot of back work and I guess I did too much. Long story short, I'm at home this morning feeling the last effects of the shot I got for pain. It's not bad now, which is a good thing, but I've got a busy day planned, so I'm hoping it won't get in the way.

Anyway.. Have a POP day, all!!

MTdebster921
06-27-2007, 01:39 PM
Morning everybody:wave:

Jillian- Wow, huge difference in your face! You are doing awesome!!

Nicole- Bad Bad friend!:nono: Good for you on becoming even more determined. Someone brought donuts to work yesterday. I almost caved and ate one, there were 3 left and I threw them away. I am so evil:devil:, I know.

aguerin- Welcome!! I think Cassi just about summed it up!

Wendy- You are superwoman for going to Disney and not gaining. You probably logged about 100 miles walking too huh?

Amylou- WTG on losing a pound while on vacation! That is awesome.

Letisha- I hope day 1 of TO went OK and just think, Day 2 is almost 1/2 over.

Dan- Bummer about the back pain. Hopefully it's nothing too serious and doesn't slow you down much. Take it easy.

I got a frozen meal that I think will become a once a week treat for me. Yummy and so filling. It's the ZONE spinach & mushroom omelet. It falls into most of the guidelines set in the book. It is 20 cals higher and just a tad higher in fat, but it's loaded with spinach and I am counting as a PSV. The eggs and veggies are wrapped in a tortilla so I just tore off the bottom 1/2 of the tortilla and gave it to the dogs, so that should have cut out the cals and the extra fat.

So, after my binge I have been good. See above about the donuts. I still feel bloaty but I think that is from TOM, which has still not knocked on the door.

Mama Nicole
06-27-2007, 01:41 PM
Ah, yes, I am sorry I didn't mention it earlier........Wendy.....you are a rock star for not gaining at Disney :)

emmysmom
06-27-2007, 02:53 PM
Oh Dan - back pain is the worst!! I hope it's nothing too serious and the pain goes away real soon...

emmysmom
06-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Ha, Katie...I just found your sister's pic in the recipe threads...yoga_gurl...how funny:D

Jrny2aNewMe
06-27-2007, 03:13 PM
Dan - Ouch! Hope it doesn't slow you down too much.

MMMM, donuts. I have been craving a donut so bad lately. Just the other day when I was at COD the counsellor asked me if there was anything I had been wanting that I couldn't have and I immediately said "donuts". She asked if I had had the biscotti, I said I had and it was good, but it wasn't a donut. So she asked me if I had tried to cookies, I said I had but they still weren't a donut! She gave up at that point. MMMM donut - warm, soft, cream filled donuts. Sigh.

Mama Nicole
06-27-2007, 03:17 PM
Just for the record, Val............the first bite was divine..........after that, it was just heavy and kind of yucky........yet I ate it anyway :) I guess that's why thin people are thin..............they stop eating if it starts to get icky.......

emmysmom
06-27-2007, 03:20 PM
I like that rule...Stop eating if it starts to get icky...lol

bizlawchik
06-27-2007, 03:21 PM
Good day! Thank you again for submitting your recipe. Below you will find our LA Chef modifications:

Recipe Name: Cinnamon Doughnut Muffins

Ingredients:

1/3 cup butter or vegetable shortening
½ cup sugar
½ cup Splenda
1 egg
1 ½ cups flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp nutmeg
½ cup 1% milk

Topping
1/4 cup light butter, melted
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup Splenda
1 tsp cinnamon

Preparation:

Cream together butter, sugar, and Splenda. Add egg and mix well.
In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Add alternately with milk to the sugar mixture. Fill muffin tins about 2/3 full. Bake at 250 degrees for 20 minutes.
Melt butter in a shallow dish. In another dish, combine sugar, Splenda, and cinnamon. Remove muffins from pan, then roll in melted butter and then cinnamon-sugar.

Makes: 24 muffins

Serving size: 1 muffin

LA Exchange: 1 Starch

Mama Nicole
06-27-2007, 03:22 PM
I like that rule...Stop eating if it starts to get icky...lol
Tina, we really ought to make a book or rules to live by............LOL.

Cassi........girl, you are on the ball today. I love it :)

Mama Nicole
06-27-2007, 03:29 PM
Where is Liza today???

BarbaraB
06-27-2007, 03:41 PM
Dan,

I've done that a couple of times, thrown out my back when I went into the no pain no gain mode of weight lifting. I just have to take it slowly or I pay the price.

Tina, Your egg is almost to the smiley face and you are almost to your 4th of July goal! You are doing so good! And apparently even working today!

Wendy, not gaining at Disney is so awesome. Stabilization seems to agree with you.

Joni, I am always amazed after I type and go back and read it what actually ended up there. I hope your dog is doing better. My Jojo (sharpei) is also one to make the vets rich. At least he is off the medication that was costing me 120$ for 15 pills, which he just got clever about spitting them out when I wasn't looking (figuring out if a Shar Pei has a pill hidden in his loose lips is not so easy)

Nicole, 2 dozen donuts? That is just crazy, although I've had crazy moments in Costco where it didn't look like that much. I once bought 2500 straws, and it only took 15 years to use all of those up! I guess she was just having fun ordering donuts and not trying to sabotage you, but then again some friends do not react well to someone losing weight. Like it is breaking the pact of fatness or something. I don't recall signing up for being always a fatty! did your daughter clean her room, or have you had to resort to the garbage bag. I'm still considering the ultimatum. Although I think I should threaten that her DAD would go in there, since she is always more afraid of him than me.

to everyone else, hope your day is POP

tammie07
06-27-2007, 04:06 PM
Hey Everyone

Just wanted to say Hi. I have been sick so I havent' been around. I hope everyone is having a POP day.
Nicole you should start a "book" of rules to live by. You have come up with some great things!!

Tammie

mamato2girls
06-27-2007, 04:10 PM
Just time for a quick skim...

Thanks everyone!! I'm pretty proud of myself, too. I think it actually helped that we had two character meals (one a buffet and one family style) because I was able to eat BALANCED meals. It made it easier to come closer to getting all my foods in. Plus, we had continental breakfast at the hotel before leaving each morning so that I can get in some fruits and dairy. Plus, I'm sure all the walking, stroller pushing, and SWEATING helped a lot, too!! The biggest challenge was on our two driving days. I got so sick of fast food.

I don't have time to address everyone personally, but here's a go at what I can remember:

Cassi - Hope TOQ isn't too bad, and good luck with your next round of shots.

Nicole - I'm trying to live by the stop eating when it gets icky rule, and I'm not winning so far. I've been craving breakfast link sausage, and I finally had some our first morning in Florida. It was not all that good, but I ate every bite. :(

Dan - Sorry about your back. I know how bad it sucks to spend a night in the ER, too. Hope you feel all better soon!!

Okay, gotta fly. Much more to do before I pick the girls up from my mom's and DH gets home. Hello to all I missed!!

bizlawchik
06-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Wendy - Check out the recipe for the turkey sausage in the cookbook. I posted a recipe for sausage biscuit sandwiches awhile ago in the recipe thread. Yummy!

slim n trim
06-27-2007, 04:25 PM
although I've had crazy moments in Costco where it didn't look like that much. I once bought 2500 straws, and it only took 15 years to use all of those up!

Barb - to funny :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Liza's daughter was leaving today I think ..... she hasn't checked in yet - hope she is doing okay. Liza - you okay :hug:

lizababe
06-27-2007, 04:30 PM
Hi Everyone!

Wow, lotsa messages to sort through today!

Letisha - how nice that you make fish tacos for your family! Those were my weakness when I moved to San Diego.. they opened a Rubios across the street from me and I was done for. I think I have it out of my system as far as Rubios but darn it now there's a Cotijas with rolled fish tacos up the road! I'm also one of those who LOVES to cook but I rarely eat anything when I do. By the time I'm done, I've smelled it all day and have no appetite. Of course on Thanksgiving my friends know I'm probably pretty well toasted by that point too. Chardonnay gravy - 1 for the gravy - 2 for the cook!

Katie - I'm glad to hear you and your family are holding up strong and with dignity through this tough time. Funerals are for the living in my opinion so make it what you need it to be.

Dan - I'm so sorry about the back pain. Be careful with those personal trainers, most of them have never come from a place of being unfit like we have and don't understand the damage they can do to our bodies.

Joni - Good luck with Charlie today. I'll send a prayer your way for him.

I know I'm forgetting people, that's what I get for taking mental notes instead of real ones.

I took Mini-Me to a late movie last night. We wanted to stay up late for Pirates 3. When we got to the theatre, they'd canceled it last minute! We saw Evan All Mighty instead. It was very good... but not why we willing to stay up until 2AM. Still a nice night though and I'm still wiping the sleep from my eyes as I type this. I did have some pocorn (without the added butter) last night and it was accompanied with a LOT of water. I was down 2lbs this morning since Monday so I guess I didn't do too bad! We'll see how it looks on the COD scale tomorrow.

I need to get moving and get all of our last minute stuff done. Mini Me leaves in the morning. We decided instead of the pizza feast at our favorite place, we're going to have lunch at Costco. I know, that sounds funny but she just loves their pizza. They have a salad wrap thingy that I can eat too. I'm going to try to fit in two bike rides today (short ones) and then we'll cap our day off by watching the Sea World fireworks before we go to bed.

Hope everyone else is having a great day!

Mama Nicole
06-27-2007, 04:42 PM
Barb........I caved on the room thing. She made it look pretty nice........so I said that was fine..........BUT IT WAS NOT. I don't really know where she had hidden everything.........but it is already trashed again. So, take my advice, since I can't seem to do so.

Lea Ann.........you must be shopping.......what else would keep you from us all day long????

Wendy........doesn't morning star make a veggie sausage link thingie? I haven't had any, but I bet they might scratch that itch. Isn't it so hard to stop before the icky? Will we ever learn?

Ok, back to work here........do all of you that work outside of the home laugh when I say I have to get back to work? It may sound funny, but it's true :)
XOXO

Repo girl
06-27-2007, 05:10 PM
Tina- She is doing great. She found out she is diabetic a few months ago, and since getting treatment for it, she is losing weight like crazy. She does not work at the adult mental health center that she used to, so she does not get to teach yoga anymore. She still attends a class at her gym a couple of times a week.

smjezzy
06-27-2007, 05:17 PM
Liza - that sounds like a nice night. I'll be watching the shooter or shootist or something (new Mark Wahlberg movie) tonight and doing laundry. Joy oh joy! I hate summer re-runs. I'm getting hungry thinking about Letisha's fish tacos. I know they can't be that difficult to make but they sure are better when someone else makes em!

Dan - I tried to warn you about the Jlo butt. She has years of professional dance training to handle that weight. Baby steps grasshoppa. Seriously, hope you feel better. Back pain is horrible and I feel for ya bub.

Cassi - that muffin recipe sounds wonderful. I'm gonna have to try it.

Mama Nicole
06-27-2007, 05:22 PM
Shannon.........when are we going to get a picture to go with that sense of humor?

Boo'sMom
06-27-2007, 06:03 PM
Nicole--not shopping--at least not fun shopping! Lots of errands before I leave on Friday to see the girls--had to hit Walmart to load up DH for a few days of easy fixins. Katie has us both hooked on the Klondike bars. After the major overhaul of the girls rooms I took a HUGE lawn trashbag to the church for their annual clothes drive for needy kids/back to school and took another huge bag to the crisis center of toys, stuffed animals, bedding etc., and probably twice that amount of stuff went straight to the trash!! So you see--I was actually quite busy thank you--lol. Bummer about the donut sabotage.

tammie07
06-27-2007, 06:05 PM
HI
Here are a couple of pictures.

there is one of my jack russel, my "lobster" and my son. OH and I put me in there too. LOL Didn't have many pics of me.

Tammie

Dan2112
06-27-2007, 06:38 PM
Hi gang...

Well, I had planned on working the rest of the day, but the back pain returned during lunch, so I came home to med-up.. So if I start acting loopy, you'll know why..

The worst part of this is, that I know exactly why and how this happened.. John, my PT, has me doing fluid motion lifting with light weights.. But I think what happend was that I started going too fast. He told me a couple of times to smooth my motions out, but I just didn't get it. So the herky-jerky motions probably did me in.

At lunch, we held a retirement banquet for a co-worker... It was at a Mexican place here and they had a buffet set up.. I stayed away from the beans and rice, and only ate chicken based foods. I overdid it a bit with chips and salsa, but otherwise had very small portions of the foods I chose.

There was a young woman there who is very heavy and I almost got sick when I saw how loaded up her plate was. They had these mini taco salad cups that we could fill with chicken or beef, and then other toppings. I had one with a scoop of chicken and some cheese.. She had two of them loaded with everything... I felt so bad...

Anyway.. I need to get some work done.. Talk to you all soon!

Mama Nicole
06-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Hey everyone.........
I heard from Juliemarie, and she is doing well,

"All is good-just spending a lot of time out of town and I hate getting
on the computer at home. Dial up is just too slow except for email.
So-I figure I won't really be on the group until I go back to work in
august. Josie's doing great-gaining weight and sleeping really good
now. A completely different child. I'm gettin back on the lAWL
bandwagon...."

Figured you'd all be happy to know.

Dan, be careful not to get the "reformed smoker," attitude........LOL. I can eat with the best of them even when I am thin........and often when I am heavy, I am very self conscious of how much is going on my plate in public. But, I do understand what you are saying........it's like you want to help everyone that is heavy so they don't have to feel bad anymore.....:)

Lea Ann............I do the same thing when I go through the kids clothes/toys. I throw out twice as much as I donate. I figure if it looks like a rag, noone else is going to want it anyway...........wish your shopping would have been more fun :)

Hey Tammie........didn't see any pictures........must be a technical difficulty. I am anxiously awaiting though...........

Ok, must go check on my chili. I just took home made bread out of the oven..........and I didn't eat it. I am out of bread, and didn't feel like going to the store........and since I am feeling kind of strong today, figured I'd give DH and the kids a treat. I am a total baker. I used to bake something almost every day............and now...........barely ever. Oh well.........maybe once I get to maintainance I will be strong again.

How many hours until WI, Liza? :)
K.........talk to you all soon XOXO

tammie07
06-27-2007, 07:05 PM
Ok I think the link is there now. LOL

Tammie

lizababe
06-27-2007, 07:08 PM
Hahaha Nicole! 23 hours to go....

Dan - I guess you'll listen now when he says take it easy now huh?

Good for you making good choices at lunch! I hear ya on seeing someone else doing themselves in. My daughter has a friend who I believe is over 300 lbs. She's only 15. I took them to a concert last December and because we were VIP we took part in the "Green Room" catered food. I brought them each a burger, bag of chips and a cookie which should've been enough. After a while they ditched me (you know, old people are just no fun at a concert) and wandered around. My DD told me her friend spent all of her spending money on food. Pretzels, ice cream, slushies, etc. The girl is so sweet, when I caught up with them she showed me that she'd bought me a pretzel. I don't know her well enough to say anything and it's not my place. Her mother is also very heavy. It breaks my heart because I don't think she'll be around much longer at her size. Walking was very difficult for her.

Oops, Mini Me is standing here waiting for me. Gotta go!

equinetcan
06-27-2007, 08:51 PM
Good day everybody,

Just checking in. Tomorrow is my friday and I have a 5 day weekend so I can't wait!!

Tammie - you called your Jack Russell in your picture jack Russell terror, what a coincidence, I called mine (when she was still alive) the holy terror on feet. She had two modes - go go go or leave me alone I am sleeping!!! I loved her to death though and wouldn't hesitate to have another one. Love my lab to bits too!!!

I can handle hot, I can handle humid - but put the two together, and ICK!!! This happens every summer I know but it is still icky.

Not much new here. Just waiting for my training to start again in a week and a half.

I'll check in later...

Debbie367
06-27-2007, 09:49 PM
Stopping in for a quick "hello"! I have not been feeling well :( My thoughts are with you guys :dust:

Hugs!
Deb

tammie07
06-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Hope you feel better Debbie.

Alannah Yeah Joey the dog goes goes and goes some more. LOL Needless to say all of the grass is gone around the perimeter of the fence. But I love him. He is a smart and funny dog.

BarbaraB
06-27-2007, 10:08 PM
Tammie,
Your children are precious. What a cute lobster.

Nicole, at least her room was sort of clean for awhile. My daughter is in the process of moving back out for college, and probably never back in again, so I just am glad to see her whenever I can. So that is probably why there won't be any ultimatum.

Dan, I know how that feels, my sister is super morbidly obese. I worry about her a lot. Her husband also is, and he already has diabetes. Her ex (my nephew's father) died about 2 years ago from a heart condition/sleep apnea problem that almost certainly was related to his weight. He was only 42! She has traded so much of her life for the love of ice cream. After I started losing weight I looked at all the health conditions that are caused or made worse by being obese, and I was just in such denial before. It was slowly killing me and I just sat there with the attitude but I love the snickers bars too much! I don't literally love them to death though. And still typed that and thought... yum snickers... ha ha

Alannah, I'm wishing I had a 5 day weekend coming up! How nice. Great to have a break from work. I'm sure the stress of working the shift you were didn't help with weight loss at all.

Feel better Deb, I love your will power dust.. no snickers for me

Joni135
06-27-2007, 10:39 PM
Nicole - Great news on Julie...thanks for sharing. Oh geez..you love to bake...so the answer to your No Soy Lite dilemna in the other thread is to bake your own....lots of recipes out there...and if they turn out really good, you've found yourself a day job!! BTW, I never laugh at SAHMs...I think they have the hardest job ever without the paycheck to match.

Tammie - I posted this somewhere else too, but you have a gorgeous family; your TERROR really wants his ball, huh???

Debbie - hope you get to feeling better soon. Get some rest.

Liza - my kind of cook!!! Chardonnay gravy - 1 for the gravy - 2 for the cook! Hope your day with mini me was fun filled. I'm jealous of the fireworks at Sea World. We have such a draught here in Georgia they are cancelling all the 4th of July fireworks. I don't blame them, but along with cancelling the professional displays, they should also not sell fireworks to all the careless citizens around here. Don't get me wrong; fireworks can be fun but they can be soooooo dangerous and they scare the bajesus out of my dog!! I need to buy some Rescue Remedy tomorrow to keep him calm!!

Barb - wow on the cost of Juju's meds. Charlie actually doesn't have to take any pills right now, but when he does, I wrap them up in a couple slices of Buddig lunch meat and he eats them up. Hope he doesn't get clever about spitting things out.

Wendy - Way to show Mickey who's boss in the kitchen!

Dan - ouch. I hate back pain; very debilitating. I've had lots of PT over the years for back exercises and when I flare up, I do the exercises and it helps. Hope this was just a one "shot" deal for you.

CandlePrincess
06-28-2007, 12:11 AM
ok...i went to WI today and was down 3 pounds! WhoooooHOOOOOO!!! makes me a happy Princess! My DH is trying hard to be supportive. He really wants me to do well....he just doesn't want to stop eating junk food! My DFD was the hit of the center....everyone kept falling all over her...and in true fashion....SHE ATE IT UP! When people fuss over she gets this look on her face and then just giggles.....in other words....She's cute and she knows it! I've tried to post a pic and can't get it to work....i'll try again some other time....
Here's to the rest of the week being POP!

MTdebster921
06-28-2007, 01:55 AM
Heather-DFD is just to precious!!! And DFS is growing fast is a handsome little guy too. WTG on the 2 lbs. YOU ARE BACK GIRL!!!!

Debbie- get better!

lizababe
06-28-2007, 02:54 AM
WTG Princess Heather!

Alannah - Enjoy your 5 day weekend and I hope you get to spends lots of time with Chancey!

Joni - That stinks that the real fireworks are canceled but they still allow people to buy the street ones? They're illegal here. That doesn't stop the vacationers from having them though. The pets are used to the nightly Sea World fireworks but the bottle rockets and M-whatevers totally freak them out. The two weeks surrounding 4th of July are a pain here because the RVers that come around think EVERYONE is on vacation and it's party party for them. The fireworks go off all hours of the night and the dog clings to me. Not to mention the lack of sleep and having to get up at 4AM for work. Bah humbug.

Well in 12 hours Mini-Me will be in the sky. We had a great last day together. Walking to see the fireworks was a nice end to it. I got in my bike ride and the semi-long walk so I feel good. I think I'm going to have to do WI on Friday though because when I said Thursday, I wasn't thinking I'd spend that whole morning at the airport.

Ok, off to bed. Hope all of you had a great night :-)

Repo girl
06-28-2007, 08:55 AM
Morning all! I had no chance to post about my COD experience yesterday. It is the first time I have ever thrown a hissy fit in there. Last Friday when I went in, they had lost my chart, but promised to find it by my next visit. Yesterday they were really, really busy. I got there at 8:05 AM and waited for 30 minutes to see a counselor, who could not find my chart, or the new stuff that was started last Friday. Plus, they are not releasing the new plans until next week, even though last Friday the girl that I saw said that I would get it this week when I came in on Wednesday. Nice, huh? I wasted 40 minutes in there to accomplish nothing. I walked out to the front desk and told the manager exactly what I thought of this crap. She was not all that nice, but did promise they would find my chart by the end of the week. It would not bug me so much, except that this happened once before and they never found it. The old chart had my before and halfway pictures in it, orginal measurements, etc. Now this chart is lost too. How the heck do they keep losing them? Also, our charts have very personal information in them that I really do not want just anyone to have access to. Grrrrrr, I am so annoyed by this. The manager is supposed to call my cell phone when she finds it. I told her I will not be back until the chart turns up. If she does not come up with it by Monday, I am calling corporate to complain.

smjezzy
06-28-2007, 09:55 AM
Morning all. So I have a question in reference to Katie's message. First how often are they supposed to measure you? Does everyone get their picture taken when they sign up? I'm just wondering if I'm getting the red-headed stepchild treatment because I won't buy their products or if that's really the norm. I'm in my 4th month and I've been measured once in that time.

Yesterday ended up being a good day all things considered.

Nicole - I am very picture phobic. I've taken more pictures (2 which I took..see previous comment about cod) since starting this diet than I've taken in 18 years. I don't know when I'll take one that I think is worth putting up here. We all have our quirks, that's mine. You have my myspace link, I'm a much larger version of my son. We cloned.

bizlawchik
06-28-2007, 10:08 AM
Good morning everyone!

HeatherCP - You rock! The kids are adorable and it's great to see you back.

Katie - Give 'em ****!

Shannon - They are supposed to measure you every month, but they mostly don't unless you ask because the counselors don't look in your file. I haven't been measured since October, I think. And I like my COD.

As for me, yesterday was my first POP day in months. Totally POP. No bit of the kids' tater tots, no extra cracker, no extra bite of anything. It was pretty cool!

Jrny2aNewMe
06-28-2007, 10:09 AM
Morning Gang!

Nicole - I never laugh at SAHM's - I admire them too much. It always amazes me that someone can make it through the day with the holy terrors - err darling children - without somebody getting killed - j/k!

Liza - glad to hear you had a nice day with your DD.

Tammie - cute kids!

Heather - WTG!!

Katie - What a frustrating experience! I hate it when you are told that something will happen and then they don't follow through - and to lose your chart not only once but twice!

I know when I went in to my COD yesterday they couldn't find the file for the girl ahead of me at first, then located it but it the counsellor said the girls had been "auditing the file". Don't we have a COD counsellor around here somewhere - does she or anyone else know what they do when they "audit" the files?

Boo'sMom
06-28-2007, 10:12 AM
Heather--your babies are absolute dolls!!! I'm partial to girls--hey-that's all I know--so anytime you want to give up the baby I'm your gal..haha. Congrats on your losses!

Katie--I wish I was surprised but I'm not--sorry for you though

Liza--I could not work your hours--wow. Glad you had a great time with DD and she'll be back soon.

Shannon--I think you should just tell them you want to--they really can't say no when you are sitting there and it is part of their job--I think they just don't because they don't want to so they think if they keep quiet so will you.

Repo girl
06-28-2007, 10:34 AM
My COD used to be really good about pictures and measuring, but the new staff over there is not nearly as good as the old staff was when I started. I have not been measured forever. They were supposed to do a new starting picture when I started the 8 week challenge and renewed my weeks, but they never did. I guess I need to get a little more vocal, huh?

Cassie- Great job staying POP!

Lea Ann- I know, me neither. I told the manager that this was the most unprofessional thing that they could do. I am thinking that they probably hate me now, and saying that I will not come back until they find my file was pretty stupid. They probably found it and shredded it after I left in hopes that I will not be back. Little do they know, my grandma happens to be the meanest lady on the planet. If I need to pull out a little of the grandma genes, I will, LOL.

Hi Shannon and Val!

zambejaly5
06-28-2007, 10:40 AM
I am facing the dragons today. I have been avoiding here...... and have not been to the COD in probably 3 weeks and have not been POP, and have been binging, and the Drive-Thru Queen...... (you know. you drive up and without even having to tell them that you are the Queen, what every you want they hand you! it is like magic!) the other day my 10 year old says. "mom you are going to make us fat" because we had been to drive-thru's at least once if not twice everyday for over a week. Now mind you. this is my skinniest child. all my kids are skinny. but when we got the report from school on her weight (Arkasas does that I don't know about any other state. our governor lostover 100 pounds and his main goal is to make sure every one else does,) so they weigh and measure the kids and send you a report telling you your childs BMI. well hers is on hair away from being underweight. all my other kids are in the lower part of healthy weight. So yay...... like I am going to make her fat....... I WISH!!! she could use some meat on those bones.........but anyway. it kinda slapped me awake. My copping mechanism for stress is to be the Queen of Drive-Thru. Doesn't matter what anybody says about me, the bills I can't pay, the worry over jobs, kids, husbands. ........ when I drive up to a drive-thru, they are always pleasant. I can tell them what I want, and they always give me exactly what I demand.....just like a queen! so. I am up...... not sure by how much. Like I said I haven't been to the COD for a while. but I think I am up at least 3 or 4. at one time My home BNW was 207.6 the lowest I have seen for a year. now today it is......... oh just a sec. I will go check......(insert Jeopardy theme here) ...ok..answer "The Bad news is"... Question "What is 213.4? " ugh........ but I am not going to change my ticker yet. I will wait for the official COD weight. which will probably be worse. They called me the other day and we agreed I would come in today.... we will see. Maybe...... maybe tomorrow...

Ok....... today..... right....... another dragon.......

Last night I planned todays menu. so far so good.... after all I have been awake for 2 hours and have not been in the "chariot" that takes me to the Royal Drive-Thru...........

So I am going to pledge to check in here at least 3 times a day. good or bad. because you guys have kept me going more than the COD. and without you guys. I would not have gotten this far.

As for DH....... work....... jobs...... money. ....... I don't even want to go there. that is a Dragon of a different color. one that I have no power over.

Letisha and Nicole thanks for trying to find me.. I have been trying to skim through and catch up. Lots of newbies......... thats good........

See you at noon. (ish)

Joni135
06-28-2007, 11:05 AM
Lettie - so glad to see you and it can't be all bad...you obviously still have a great sense of humor! I never thought of a drive through like that....you made me laugh, but it's certainly true.

Cassi - congrats on having a POP day yesterday AND today.....I have had three in a row and I'm quite proud. It does feel good.

Mom_of_3_Monsters
06-28-2007, 11:06 AM
Lettie - I am right there with you - I completely understand and can relate to EVERYTHING !! I am facing the same "Dragons" ! The DH/job/money one is the one I "hate" the most - I jumped back on the "wagon" as of yesterday -- I have been so stressed lately and my eating has shown it -- :dizzy: I guess the reason I am typing this is to let you know that I can relate to most of what your wrote - and if you need to chat feel free to PM me -- :hug:

zambejaly5
06-28-2007, 11:08 AM
thanks guys. see....... why did I hide so long! I have missed you guys. I guess I feel like, if I am hiding you can't see what I have eaten..........

Mom_of_3_Monsters
06-28-2007, 11:09 AM
thanks guys. see....... why did I hide so long! I have missed you guys. I guess I feel like, if I am hiding you can't see what I have eaten..........

Geez - I feel like you are reading my mind ! ;)

hollyak24
06-28-2007, 11:14 AM
Katie – That stinks about them losing your chart, making you wait, etc. What a bunch of crap. I personally need to see how far I have come so that would be very upsetting.

Shannon – I’m new, started Monday. They did not take a picture of me. I think they are supposed to measure every 4 weeks

Cassi – Congrats on totally POP! It is hard not to take a bite of the kids’ tater tots when cleaning up the dinner dishes.

Val – Glad they found your file at least!

Lettie – Yes, I love to be the Drive-Thru Queen. They always bow to my demands and they don’t charge much at all. Setbacks happen but now you must get back on track, right? Sorry about the dh troubles. Glad your kid gave you such an eye opener. Slay the dragons!

I’m on day 2 of gold w/lites. I think I have a good menu plan going & I will only be eating foods that I prepare myself. Went grocery shopping with dh and ds last night and told them more fruits veggies lean meats for me and if they want junk they’re going to have to get it on their own! (DS is 1 so he was not concerned.)

I’m only down 0.8 lbs since Monday. Not bad but I figured more with Fast Forward. I am pretty sure my body is bloating to welcome TOM. I should be drinking hot lemon water this morning but I forgot to bring any lemons to work. I’ll just flush with lots of water.

tammie07
06-28-2007, 11:15 AM
Lettie you have been reading mine too. You can do this slay one dragon at a time. If thinking of a whole day as POP as to big a dragon then think I will be pop the next hour and then the next hour. Take it one minute at a time if a day is to big.

Tammie

emmysmom
06-28-2007, 11:24 AM
I really need to start taking notes...

Nicole- thanks for the Julie update...I've been wondering about how she's doing. As for the SAHM, God love you for what you do. I've often wondered what it would be like to be a SAHM, but to be honest with you, I don't know if I could do it. Sometimes coming to work is easier than staying at home! lol

Katie - that stinks! Hopefully they find your file...but what a waste of time!

Lettie - the drive-thru's won't make you royalty:D...stop now!!!

Yes, I actually did alot of work yesterday...I had to cuz I was so far behind!:D

CandlePrincess
06-28-2007, 11:29 AM
nicole...i think being a sahm is great! i get to do it in the summer....although this year DFS is going to daycare during the day...his developmental and speech therapists both thought it would be good for him to have that social interaction...and besides...he does love his routine. We'll be out driving and pass the daycare and he just whines when we don't pull in. So for a few hours each day it's just me and my girl!(aka piggy) I get a ton of stuff done...and then go get my guy and we play all afternoon! It's great! Now if I could just figure out how to do that full time and not have to work at all......

I'm working for another POP day today. I've been out to dinner the last two nights and I've stayed on OP! I remember why i liked LAWL....it does feel good to do it right...and even if you mess up it is easy to get back to!

Everyone have a good day! I'll talk to ya'll later!

Mom_of_3_Monsters
06-28-2007, 11:37 AM
Heather - Your kids are beautiful !!! Welcome Back !!!

Katie - UGH !! I hope they find your file ! We don't want you have to open up a can of whoop @-- :o

Tina - howdy ! So are you all caught up now ? :p ;)

Holly - Congrats on the loss - heck - a loss is a LOSS !!! :hug:

healthy2b
06-28-2007, 11:40 AM
:wave: Hi All...It's so hard to catch up if you miss a day!!!

Tammy - Cute Kiddos!!!

Debbie - I hope you feel better soon.

Wendy - glad you had a great trip - WTG on not gaining!!!

Jillian - Cute Kids!!!!

Nicole - I'm with you - what kind of friend does that? She's either naturally thin and doesn't understand how hard it is to stay OP or she is a little heavy and is jealous that you are trying to do something about it, of course subconsciencously (sp).

Joni - :hug: to you and Charlie and Congrats on staying POP for three days in a row!!!

Dan - I hope you feel better soon.

Deb - Yay to your will power - great job!

Heather - great family picture

Liza - sounds like you and DD had a great day - she'll be back before you know it.

Cassi - congrats on POP day!

Well, I haven't done so well according to the scale. Went to WI yesterday and was up 2 lbs. Even the counselor said she didn't understand because my eating was really good. My body is just really not wanting me to lose weight. I'm going to really try to stay POP but today we are having a luncheon at work. We are cooking out on the grill, steaks, potatoes and salad. I requested a sweet potato instead of a baked potato, even though it looks like they count the same, I've always heard that a baked sweet potatoe is better for you. Does anyone know how to count marshmellows? Are they a condement. I was thinking about putting some on my baked sweet potatoe since I shouldn't have any butter. At least they didn't buy any desserts......probably because the boss just found out he is diabetic and everyone is trying to be supportive.

Be back later....

smjezzy
06-28-2007, 11:52 AM
Lettie i love the drive thru analogy. Very true, think I'll go there for lunch! I could use a little queen/diva treatment. Stop fretting, we're behind you all the way. Pick yourself up, shake yourself off, go and sin no more.

We seem to be right about the same place in weight. I gained a little and was back up to 213 this am but I'm not moving my ticker either! Ssshh don't tell anyone.

Mama Nicole
06-28-2007, 01:55 PM
Joni……thanks for all the info you gave and sent me yesterday :) I am totally going to check into making my own bars. I will keep you all posted. Maybe I will mess around with it when I am at my mom’s house. We are going to go to Wisconsin on July 2nd and stay until like the 16th or something crazy like that.

It sucks, as it will be prime picking season in my garden, but
DH will be back and forth during that time, as he does NOT know how to take time off from work. I shouldn’t complain though………his incredible work ethic supports this family of 7. You know, I don’t know if I have mentioned it or not, but since we have moved to St. Louis, he has been promoted twice and went from Salesman to Sales Manager. I am really proud of him, keeping in mind that he is only 30. Sometimes it is weird for him, as most of his employees are older than he is, but his engineering degree, computer skills, and boyish good looks have gotten him far fast.

So, anyway, maybe I will try to perfect the lites recipe while I am going crazy at my mom’s house for two weeks.

Congrats, Princess Heather. There is nothing like a nice fat loss to get your mind working with you again!!! You kids are adorable. I love your attitude.

Katie…….that sucks about COD. Don’t they know they have to be on their toes to keep everyone successful. I know you won’t let it get you too far down, but it does make a difference in attitude when they are doing their job, don’t’ you think?

Shannon…….COD never took my before picture. I don’t know what that’s all about. That’s ok, I have my own.

Cassi………WTG on you POP day. I had one, the next day was the donut disaster…….but yesterday was POP…..whoohooo. Did you see my cheerleader on 2 week challenge. It’s crazy how hard you have to work to get the good habit back, isn’t it? YOU’RE BACK, and I couldn’t be happier for you J

Tammie…….so glad you posted your pictures!!! It is always nice to be able to put a pretty face with the name!!!! Your kids are adorable too!

Hooray…….Lettie is back. I have missed you. Now I will sing to you…….”Everything is gonna be alright……rock a bye………rock a bye……” I know, easy for me to say……but it will. Getting back OP will help you to feel more in control too. Success begets success. Start small, and work up from there. We are all here for you………..and we will look for you if you are missing……..the drive thru ladies won’t. P.S. I LOVE drive thrus too………..they.should be LAWL illegal. Yeah, if you don’t go, I won’t go. Sometimes I go to get dinner for the family, but from now on, I say we can only get fast food if we walk into the place. What do you say? P.S. do you have a Jack N The Box there? I can feed my whole family their deep fried tacos for $12.43. Isn’t that gross? Cheaper than going to the grocery store. Being OP IS expensive. Stay stong, girlie…….you can do this!!!

Norissa……….everything I just said to Lettie I am saying to you too!!! Hang in there!!!

Holly…..TOM can be the devil when you are weighing in 3 times a week. I bet next week you will have a more substantial sclae movement!!!!

Tina……there have been times when I worked outside of the home, and yeah, some days felt like I was going to work to rest……….and get breaks…….and go to the potty alone……..but working outside brings on a whole new set of worries……and all in all, whether you stay home or work when you are a mom……it is a lot of work. It’s not like someone takes over for you when you are at work. Yes, they take care of the kids, but they don’t take care of the rest. I really don’t think I am organized enough to be able to work full time outside of the house. That would be a major struggle for me. I guess we all have our own gifts, huh?

I remember why i liked LAWL....it does feel good to do it right...and even if you mess up it is easy to get back to!

Heather……..exactly!!!!
I do love being a stay at home mom……and I have been sort of looking for a part time job just to help get us back in the black…..but I don’t really want one. I have been contemplating trying to sell stuff on ebay. I just have to set aside a bit of time each day to try it out. I have sold a few things on there in the past…….but not with the thought of it being extra income……..just cuz I wanted to get rid of it……like my quad stroller when I quit doing daycare. Anyway…..it is awesome that DFS goes to daycare for a spell each day. My DS’s want to go to school so bad, and there is a church close to me that has a mom’s day out program, where they go from 9-3 for one or two days a week. I have thought about doing that in the fall…….even just one day a week so they can get a break, and so I can get a break. Maybe that’s when I could do my e-baying………..hmmmmmmmm. So many thoughts…..so little time.

Oh, I also wanted to share with you that my aunt did foster care for many years, and ended up adopting 3 of her foster kids. One of them was only 2 days old when she got him. The other two were 3 and 4. They are all grown now………Josh served in Iraq, Marty is in college, and Felicia is married with 4 kids. I can’t help but wonder sometimes where they would have ended up had my aunt and uncle not opened their hearts and homes to them. I think it takes a special person to do what you do……J

Carrie….don’t let your gain sabotage you. I know it is hard not to get down about a gain…….but it will be gone before you know it……just stay OP!!!

Hey Liza......hope you are doing ok after sending minime off today.......

Hi Shannon :)
Hi Lea Ann :)
Um, Kristen......where are you?????

Hi to everyone I missed so far today.........I am going to go have a piece of fruit now.........I get crazy like that!!!

emmysmom
06-28-2007, 02:41 PM
Where's Megan? She hasn't been here in a long time...hmmm...

bizlawchik
06-28-2007, 02:43 PM
Joni.... Can you go get Megan please???

smjezzy
06-28-2007, 03:01 PM
Nicole I need your energy. I just ate lunch and it hit my like a ton of bricks

MTdebster921
06-28-2007, 03:04 PM
Katiebug is MIA too!!

emmysmom
06-28-2007, 03:05 PM
Ok...I just scheduled my "30 pound loss reward"...a massage...for July 30th. 5.2 pounds to go...I can do it...I can do it...

lizababe
06-28-2007, 03:08 PM
Well Mini-Me is in the air. I cried the whole way home. I hate having to worry about her Dad's driving and whatnot while she's up there. She does have my best friend's phone number in case she needs anything at all and Best Friend is ready at a moments notice. Her Dad is on a lot of antidepressants and gets very spacy. I told Mini to say something if she doesn't feel comfortable with how medicated he is. To me it's just as bad as getting in a car with a drunk driver.

I rescheduled the WI for tomorrow. I need a little rest before I go into work for the afternoon. Now I just have to remember to eat.

emmysmom
06-28-2007, 03:10 PM
(((hugs))), Liza...she'll be fine.

Joni135
06-28-2007, 03:15 PM
Liza - sorry you are sad...but try not to worry too much and you really must eat and stay healthy.

Hey guys...one must be MIA for at least 3 days before I go hunting! Megan (Marzbe??) posted yesterday. Or is there another Megan. Katiebug, however, has been gone a long time. I was personally thinking of checking on Baja Nancy...OH, I heard from Kimphin...she just got crazy busy with work stuff and pre surgery. She promises to post a lot next week.

Tina - make sure that's a 90 minute massage!!! You deserve it!

Mom_of_3_Monsters
06-28-2007, 03:15 PM
Hugs Liza !!! :hug:

Tina - I know you CAN do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:carrot:

Boo'sMom
06-28-2007, 03:22 PM
Joni--our original Megan is our Renaissance girl--keep on swimming.... ringing a bell yet?? I miss her--and everyone else that missing--

bizlawchik
06-28-2007, 03:34 PM
Oh... when you said "renassance girl" it hit me... remember, guys, didn't she say they were getting ready for a festival?

Boo'sMom
06-28-2007, 03:48 PM
yeah--I remember mostly her gorgeous red hair in that one photo --gosh i sound like a stalker--sorry Megan--you really are beautiful!

Boo'sMom
06-28-2007, 03:49 PM
okay--I need a job--I have spent way too much time with you guys this summer--if you would just all start by sending small checks on a weekly basis that would be great--LOL.

emmysmom
06-28-2007, 03:50 PM
yes, i think you're right Cassie...

Dan2112
06-28-2007, 04:28 PM
Hey gang... Lots of posts to catch up with.. Busy busy around here.. the back is feeling better, or at least the medicine is making it feel better...

We had a department cookout today.. I didn't stay as POP as I could have, but I only had a few chips along with my burger.. I also piled high on the veggies..

Boy is it true that then you're not feeling good, you really have a "who cares about the diet" kind of attitude.. I need to adjust my thinking, I think...

BarbaraB
06-28-2007, 04:54 PM
Hi to all the LAWL 3FC people,

I bought a raw turkey breast at the store the other day, and I put it in the rotiserie grill (the set it and forget it kind) and after I got it off and ate some, it was pure salt. But I ate it anyway, and today my weight was up about 4 pounds and I'm mad. I never thought to check for the sodium content of turkey. My husband says he thinks they pumped it full of MSG too. So watch out for the salt turkeys! So I decided to skip weighing in today at the COD and am drowning myself in extra water today.

emmysmom
06-28-2007, 05:09 PM
Was it marinated turkey?

hollyak24
06-28-2007, 05:09 PM
Hey, can I ask a ticker question here? If you want to change your current weight on your ticker, do you have to create a whole new ticker or is there a way to change just the current weight? Just curious! Let me know if there is a better place to post this.

The fruit of the day at my house is the Clementine. I got some last night that are the size of an orange!

CandlePrincess
06-28-2007, 05:19 PM
Holly....
i usually just go into the signature and change the weight there.....and don't create a whole new ticker.

BarbaraB
06-28-2007, 06:03 PM
No, it wasn't marinated turkey or flavored in anyway.

It looked just like a chicken breast only it was a bigger split turkey breast.

I guess you have to be very careful. It was so bad that my husband was claiming his tongue swelled up.

hollyak24
06-28-2007, 06:39 PM
Thanks Heather. I don't have much to post as loss goes yet, but I want to be ready when it is time:)

ElleofALady
06-28-2007, 07:53 PM
Candle- You make our SAHM duties sound so fun...LOL

Lettie- Glad you are back! You can hide from us, but not the scale.LOL The scale is no one's best friend. Welcome Back, Lady! Hopefully, other things in your life will get better so you can better focus on you and your LAWL comittment.

Liza- Sorry you're so sad. Minime will be back soon. I pray I never have to go through a divorce but I could only imagine that it's probably something very emotional. All the agreements and conditions...Cheer up and eat. Hey,if you have a starch and lite left, grab yourself some bluebunny and a lite. Food usually cheers me up...LOL I guess that's bad advice, but you sound like you are in that kind of mood. LOL

Wendy- Welcome Back and WTG on not gaining any weight!

Babs- WOW! You know, you think you are purchasing something on plan and bam...the scale moves to the right rather than the left. Ramble alert...Personally, when I buy chicken or any other meats, I often try to buy unfrozen, steriod free, natural, no solution type kind of stuff. Super-Walmart near me used to have just what I was looking for about $8 p/bag, but as luck would have it, they stopped selling it. Then Krogers had a "Natural Select" brand for like $6 p/bag...and as luck would have it, they are pulling the brand because of poor negotiations...(I asked the Meat Mgr...and the store mgr) So, now I buy the Perdue Fit and Easy or Fast and Easy frozen chicken breasts. It's $10 p/box(ouch) but helps me keep the lbs down plus I know it's healthier than the pumped up chicken on sale. With all that said, you may need to change your meat purchases, if at all possible. The sodium and sugar brine these places use are sometimes not required to report.

As far as me goes...I am so happy to be eating food. Those 2 days of TO were some tough ones. I was so hungry + TOM was still lingering...I was an ITCHBEY for 2 days straight. It was worth it because I am down per my home scale...COD WI tomorrow will let me know the deal tomorrow. I was actually happy to eat one of those nasty lites today...
Still waiting on my new plan...if I get it tomorrow(which the COD says they will finally have ready to distribute), I will post about it sometime this weekend. Anyhoo, I am actually about to bathe the kids and get them ready for bed. (If I could get them to go to sleep by 10 PM, I would be in SAHM heaven...) Good Night Everyone! Have a POP day tomorrow!!! P.S. Please forgive me if I didn't mention you by name...but I am thinking about you and wishing you a POP day!

bayoubelle68
06-28-2007, 08:22 PM
:broc::cb::carrot::broc::cb::carrot::broc::cb:
Woo hoo!!!
The builder accepted our bid and we close on the new house on August 1st!!!

Mom_of_3_Monsters
06-28-2007, 08:33 PM
congratulation Felicia !!!!

lizababe
06-28-2007, 08:40 PM
Hi Everyone!

Thank you for the virtual hugs and words of encouragement. I'm still melancholy but back at work and POP. I went home to the empty house and did some dishes. It'll be nice to have those always done when I get home and not discover water glasses everywhere.

Letisha - I'm actually an odd ball when it comes to emotional eating. When I'm depressed or upset, I have absolutely no appetite or desire to eat. I starve myself. I eat... when I'm happy. Go figure. Freud would probably say that I'm punishing myself when I'm upset and rewarding myself when things are good with food. My divorce wasn't bad at all and we were pretty much in agreement about most things. My ex is a good guy but has severe problems with depression. He did when we were married but they've gotten worse as he gets older. I think he is more a victim of Western Medicine and Pharmaceutical companies than the depression itself. Medicated ALL of the time and instead of being directed towards therapy, he is given a new pill for each hurdle in life. It's frustrating to watch and even my daughter has grown tired of it in the last few years. I never talked down to him in front of her and took the resentment she held towards me when she was younger for leaving the marriage because I always figured she'd find out on her own someday. She has.

BTW I'm right with you on meat purchases. I've been going organic as much as possible. I think a lot of today's health problems are directly related to the things going into our food that we believe are "safe."

Holly - I can't figure out how to update the ticker either without having to create a whole new one each time. Oh well, thankfully it only takes a minute to do.

I'll write more later. Maybe with the empty house I'll actually get around to reading some of my books tonight! After a run or bike ride with Buster of course....

MTdebster921
06-28-2007, 09:22 PM
Barbara- I have learned to check the sodium levels on everything. I eat a lot of shrimp and have found the sodium contents range from 70 mg. to 600 mgs. That's A HUGE difference.

Hey guys rememeber the other meghan(her user name was Megain)?

Felicia- CONGRATULATIONS!! How exciting.

Liza- The summer will fly by so fast that your Minime will be home in no time!!:hug:

Today has been miserable. If TOM doesn't start here within the next day or two, I am going to start thinking something else is wrong with me.

Have a good night everybody!!

lizababe
06-28-2007, 09:47 PM
Deb - Maybe TOM is waiting for the full moon? I know that sounds like some strange hippy thing but seriously... mine does.

slim n trim
06-28-2007, 09:59 PM
Hey you guys, just a quick check in. No time to do a bunch of personals .... hope everyone is doing well!

To change the number on your ticker go to Edit Signature, and where it shows the numbers of pounds loss, or current weight - which ever way you set it up ....... then just change the applicable number.

Gotta go. Will try to check in later.

JLem311
06-28-2007, 10:02 PM
hey everyone. just a quick post. super tired today. didn't get any exercise in today, but i'm off tomorrow, so that'll get done then. hope everyone had a good day.
i'll be back in the morning. i think i'm going to COD tomorrow or saturday morning before work. not sure which.

mamato2girls
06-28-2007, 10:39 PM
Sorry, guys. First day back at work was too rough to check in, and now my eyes are too heavy to comprehend all I'm reading. I did go for WI today and was shocked to discover that I was down .6 from my last WI!! Maybe I should go to Disney more often!

Cassi - I've seen the recipe for the turkey sausage and have been wanting to try it. I like to cook and am pretty good at it, but I hardly ever have the energy anymore. I suck, I know!!

Nicole - I've been afraid to try the veggie sausage because ever since I tried veggie burgers (nasty, yuck, gross!!), I've been afraid to try anything else. Thanks for the update on JM, too!!

Felicia - Congrats on the house!!

Okay, I must go rest. My mean old nemesis depression is starting to rear its ugly head again, and I have little energy left at the end of the day. I started counseling yesterday, so hopefully that will help. I was hoping that losing weight and looking like myself again would cure me, but it didn't. :( I know I have lots of good things in my life; I just need to learn to focus on those and not the bad. Anyway, tired me is rambling. Hope everyone has a great night!!

CandlePrincess
06-28-2007, 11:15 PM
Letisha: most days it can be fun....but we know the real story don't we?? today was one of those "real" days. My DFD has already developed a bit of a temper...and she picked today to show it. It was lovely (NOT), but I'm glad she's got spark and a bit of fire too....she will need that in life!

I decided tonight that in my world right now....
BUFFET= BAD

I had my plan...be good...eat chicken...and salad and veggies. I did just fine until those blasted rolls appeared. I wasn't horrible....but i'm dreading WI tomorrow....I know to get back on and do it right...and that in the great scheme of things 2 yeast rolls aren't going to kill me....but for now Buffets are banned. I think my husband will wear black until we can go back! Oh well, he doesn't need it either! I'll see ya'll tomorrow......

Joni135
06-28-2007, 11:21 PM
Felicia - congrats on the house...I know that's a huge undertaking and stress.

Wendy - hope you get things sorted out.

Dan - how's the back doing today?

okay--I need a job--I have spent way too much time with you guys this summer--if you would just all start by sending small checks on a weekly basis that would be great--LOL. Too funny Lea Ann. What's your address???

Letisha/Liza and to those that know. So, I'm one of those fools that has been buying chicken breast when it's on sale...do you mean to tell me they pump these chickens up with bad crap? I noticed my local wholesale club (BJs) had the individually wrapped frozen chicken breasts (like the Purdue Perfect portions.....I wonder if they are better for me. How do you know if they are pumping junk in your chicken? I think Jillian has the right idea..veggies all the way.

Liza - I'm like you; when I'm super depressed I have no appetite. I guess I haven't been super depressed since my divorce 10 years ago, because I've not lost my appetite in all those years. Oh wait, twice: one time when I had a vertigo attack and the other time was when my dog got really sick.

So Carrie - what did dinner consist of? ... fruit and veggie - you could have a glass of that V8 Fusion stuff. Not a lunch of crunch there though.

Okay, off to bed and with any luck I'll get up again at 5:30 AM and hit the gym. We had a good t'storm roll through this evening. Finally, some rain. I picked up Rescue Remedy for Charlie dog and it really seems to have worked...he was still a little edgy, but his chest wasn't vibrating like it usually is. I'll definitely give him a dose on July 4 too.

To anyone that is mad at themselves or the scale or whatever, I saw a sign at a church the other day and it said something like "for every minute you are angry, you lose 60 seconds of happiness..."

Dan2112
06-28-2007, 11:44 PM
Hi Joni.. The back is better, but still medicated, so I'm not sure how it really is.. :lol:

I cancelled tonight's PT session and rescheduled for next week. I hate this cloudy feeling the meds give me, so I'll probably knock them off after today...

I made the mistake of shooting a basket at work (we had a cookout and one of my fellow co-workers brought a portable backstop).. As I extended my arms for the shot, I got a nasty twinge up my back, so that ended that.. :lol:

My diet wasn't spot on today, but I figure I'll be ok.. It was just one of those days...

lizababe
06-29-2007, 12:10 AM
Wendy - I'm sorry to hear you're going through depression. It gets the best of us sometimes. I'm glad you're getting help for it and recognizing the problem. Best of luck to you!

Heather - LOL yes those buffets are killer! Who wants to waste money? Better just eat your money's worth right? That always seems to be my logic...

Joni - I started going organic when I saw what they feed the chickens, cows, turkeys, pigs, etc. at non-organic farms. It's not good. That's all I'll say! That's funny about not being depressed since the divorce. LOL. I lost weight after mine but only because I wasn't allowed to drive while we were married so when I left him, I had no car. I had to push my daughter's stroller everywhere. Grocery store, daycare, then walk to the bus and take it across the bridge for school, then back for my internship, back to the daycare and home again. I averaged it out once, I was walking 10-12 miles a day! I hope you survive the storm, get up for the gym and Charlie is feeling much better!

Mama Nicole
06-29-2007, 12:51 AM
Getting ready to go to bed, but wanted to let you all know that I added a couple of pictures to my webshots of the garden. I think I will put one of the pics of my boy, Adam in my profile pic......he is so cute :)

lizababe
06-29-2007, 01:20 AM
And cutest gardener award goes to... Nicole's little boy Adam!

What a cutie!

amylou7777
06-29-2007, 01:58 AM
Yes! Nicole, I love all of your pictures. I can only wish for as much land you have for your garden! It is beautiful. Also, congrats to your husband-he must be a smart man!

I can't remember who asked about the ticker...but tickerfactory.com allows you to store a pin number so to change your ticker you just enter the new weight and copy the new url to your signature. That's the quickest way I've found!

Jillian- I skipped workout today as well but will be back to the gym tomorrow!
I think Debbie is still under the weather-Hope you feel better!

Liz- try to enjoy your alone time without mini! hope you feel better soon! How is SD by the way, I lived there for 4 years in college and miss it!

Dan- glad to hear you are in recovery!

Barbara- thanks for the info about the turkey. I had a similar experience today--seemed like everything I put in my mouth tasted like pure salt...that's what happens when you eat dinner out I guess. I tried so hard to stay POP but am pretty sure there was way too much salt in what I ate.

Deb- I hope you are feeling better. TOM is coming my way and I'm not looking forward to it! Good luck!

Felicia- congrats on a new house! Sounds like fun. And congrats on your losses!

Hope you all have a POP day!

ElleofALady
06-29-2007, 07:40 AM
Joni- I'm not an expert but as far as the natural/organic food stuff goes, I go by size and smell. For chicken & pork, the bigger the meat, the more pumped up it is. As far as the smell, you will have to aquire that...just buy a clean piece from Whole Foods and a regular piece from Publix or Kroger...rinse the two and smell. The one that smells sweeter is the pumped one. I am a farm girl...well, not now as an adult, but my Mom & Dad fed us everything we raised/grew. So, I just know the difference with my eyes closed. As far as beef the size really doesn't matter, however, the sweeter it is, the better. When you smell that "fresh blood", when you open the package, that is a clear sign of growth hormones and the cheapest cut. HTH! It's amazing how the USDA allows certain things and bans others...I wish I was a die hard "organicist" but because the clean food is sometimes double the amt of reg food, sometimes I am "forced" to purchase what's on sale. Life in the U.S.....

zambejaly5
06-29-2007, 08:35 AM
mornin' Well I was POP all day yesterday. just about killed me! but this morning I was down to 210. so what did I say yesterday...... 213.4? so that was a nice reward for getting back on the wagon. Of course those were both BNW and mostly water and .... um........ the "disposal" of many days of fast food......... so we will see. I am going to face the COD this morning.

As for the job front. A friend of my DH called yesterday and asked if we would be interested in a job in Chippewa Falls, WI............ wow! it is up there!!! but at this point we are desperate for a job. so if all goes well we could maybe be up there in a few months. He still has the whole interview process and all. so still way early stages. but if it happens I hope it happens quick....... like a band aid..... just rip it off..........

ok.... better run. my sister is stopping by in a min. on her way to our parents in Iowa and I need to give her some things... I need to clean my house, and plan todays meals....

on a side note. I got a magic bullet type thingy. it is an off brand, but it was only 12 bucks so I thought I would try it. so now I will have to go look at that MB thread again. I looked at the real MB at Kohls when you guy were all getting yours and I took it out of the box and played with it. but I could not get it to screw together tight enough so that the blade part fit into the base tight enough to even engage the starting ;...... locking thingy..... I tried all the blades they were all screwy. so I didn't by it. this one screws on and off really well. .............any way........ later...........

Repo girl
06-29-2007, 09:17 AM
Good job Lettie! Good news on the job front, too. I hope that it all works out in your favor.

I am just doing a quick flyby at work. I am waiting for one of my staff to get here so that I can go home and get ready for the funeral. I am really getting nervous about the whole deal. I came to work at 5:00 this morning in my jammies and a sweat shirt, since I have to go home and get dressed up anyways. It feels so weird to me. I always fix up for work. I have never come in without makeup on, or put it on right after I got here early in the AM. Now here I am in jammies, no makeup, hair a big mess. I hope my staff get here before too many kids do!

Have a great day everyone!

bizlawchik
06-29-2007, 10:04 AM
Good morning.

Not a lot of time this morning, but I wanted to check in. WI today at noon. Not dreading it for once, which is cool.

Letisha - Thanks for the meat info.

Nicole - Your kids are all just so adorable! I love that you were able to have your garden this year. (Can you move here so we can have our boys grow up together?)

Boo'sMom
06-29-2007, 10:38 AM
Lettie--best of luck to DH on the job front. Congrats on your great loss--regardless of what it "was", it's a loss and will motivate you to continue. Remember--when everything around you is in chaos your eating is the one thing you can control. Moving is tough but you have to do what you have to do!

Nicole--love the photos--lil' farmers you all are.

Liza--WOW--I never thought I'd hear someone from my generation say "I wasn't allowed to drive" unless it was their dad! Glad things have turned out for you.

Letisha--I already have issues with raw meat--UGH especially now!! Luckily my dad already cooked a lot on the grill for this weekend so I at least won't have to see it.

Katie--I'll be thinking of you today and I hope it's some comfort to you and your family to have some closure.

Joni--wouldn't that be the life--I wanted to get into the whole online paid surveys thing but it looks fishy. I could give my opinion for money--cuz I sure have one for everything!

Okay--I am out--have a few errands to run then it's off to the folks to see the girls!!!!!!!! YES--I am ready--still haven't talked one into coming home yet but I'm sure life at Grans and PaPa's is much easier!! I have great memories of mine during the summers so I wouldn't deny that for my girls.

Boo'sMom
06-29-2007, 10:38 AM
Morning Cassi my girl!!

bizlawchik
06-29-2007, 10:56 AM
I wanted to get into the whole online paid surveys thing but it looks fishy. I could give my opinion for money--cuz I sure have one for everything!

LOL - You crack me up! Drive safe today.

Katie - My thoughts are with you today too. I hope this brings closure to your family.

Liza - How are you doin' this morning? Enjoy the clean house for a bit! (trying to be positive)

smjezzy
06-29-2007, 11:00 AM
TGIF!!!!!!!!!! Have a fantastic Friday and sending out good vibes for everyone to stay POP this weekend.

JLem311
06-29-2007, 11:05 AM
morning everyone. today's my day off from work. can't decide if i really want to do anything productive or not. i've been up for a few hours and haven't yet...so we'll see. i should go to COD today, but i think i might just go tomorrow before work. just not feeling very motivated to get dressed and etc.

anyways, i'll be back later!

healthy2b
06-29-2007, 11:05 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

Felicia - Congratulations on the new house.

Liza - Hang in there and try not to worry too much - I know that is easier said than done - try to enjoy some "me" time while you have a chance.

Wendy - I hope you feel better soon

Joni - well dinner last night - I was looking over my food journal and realized I had 1/3 of a protien left so....I grilled some chicken and had about 2 oz, then made a salad and had some pineapples and mandarine oranges with FF coolwhip. It wasn't too bad at all.

Dan - glad to hear you are feeling better

Nicole - Wow!! thats quite a garden and what precious kids you have.

Lettie - sending you good luck wishes for your DH job interview

Katie - my thoughts are with you today

Lea Ann - Enjoy your visit

I'm not looking forward to WI today....I'm feeling really bloated and I HATE that feeling. For some reason I feel like I'm going backward in stead of forward. Probably just TOM:( I missed my workout yesterday morning so I talked my DD into going for a bike ride with me last night but she quit on me after only 30 minutes. Of couse she had plans and had to get ready....but I did get up this morning and get my lazy butt to the gym. I'm drinking hot lemon water as we speak to try to get rid of the bloat before WI.

Have a great POP day......

bizlawchik
06-29-2007, 11:13 AM
Carrie - Quite creative dinner you had. Actually sounds pretty good. GL @ WI today.

emmysmom
06-29-2007, 11:16 AM
Felicia - Congrats on the new house...that's awesome!!!

Wendy - I feel for you. I suffer from depression and have for the past ten years off and on. I have come to the realization this past year that being on a low dose of antidepressants is going to have to be the norm for me. I hate to give in to medication, but life can be miserable at times for me (and DH) when I'm not taking the pills. Hang in there. :hug:

bizlawchik
06-29-2007, 11:20 AM
Oh, I missed Felicia - Congrats!

(I was too lazy this morning to take notes. See what I get?)

emmysmom
06-29-2007, 11:45 AM
Letisha - thanks for the info on raw meat. I try to buy organic, but like you said, it's so much more expensive.

Katie - (((hugs)))

Nicole - love, love, love the pictures!! My DD would love your little boys:) She's a little bit of a tomboy at times...at least I hope that's why she's attracted to boys more than girls...she is only 3...

Mama Nicole
06-29-2007, 11:45 AM
Awwwwww. Thanks Liaz….my boy just loves helping in the garden. He is so proud when he finds things to pick.

Letisha………isn’t all meat just kind of gross when it is raw? I always try not to smell it…..LOL. I often buy it when it is on sale too…….so I sure hope my family’s health doesn’t suffer from it.

Lettie………OMG, Chippewa Falls is beautiful. The summers in Wisconsin are wonderful…….and the winters…….well, you will learn how to enjoy winter sports like skiing and sledding and ice scating. Your kids will LOVE the snow. I hope it all works out for you J

Katie………….I will be thinking of you today :hug:

Lea Ann,…..have a fun weekend with your girls!

Shannon………yes, let us all stay POP this weekend!!!

Jillian…….enjoy a pajama day……..they are the best!

Oh, yes, Felicia…congrats on the new house!!!

Cassi.....wouldn't it be fun if our boys could play together???? Congrats on feeling good about going to WI.......I hope the sclae cooperates :)

Carrie…….you are doing everything right……sometimes TOM just spanks ya. Hang in there!!!

Wendy - I feel for you. I suffer from depression and have for the past ten years off and on. I have come to the realization this past year that being on a low dose of antidepressants is going to have to be the norm for me. I hate to give in to medication, but life can be miserable at times for me (and DH) when I'm not taking the pills. Hang in there. :hug:
Tina………you aren’t “giving in to medication,” you are being smart and taking care of your health. If you were diabetic, you wouldn’t say you were “giving in to having to take insulin,” would you? It is very responsible to take care of yourself. Your family needs to have the best you possible. Don’t feel bad, feel happy that you are smart!!! :hug:

Ok, so after my weekend of cheating my fool head off, and then the donut disaster day, I am proud to say that I am back to my WI weight from Joni's challenge to the finish challenge. I wish it were a loss.....but I am happy with just getting back. Ok, must clean up my house a bit......my sis is comming here this weekend...and she is going to bring a couple of the kids back to Wisconsin with her on Sunday......and then the rest of us will be leaving on Monday night. More on that later :) Have a great day everyone!!!!
Be one with your POP (tm) Dan2112...LOL
XOXO

Dan2112
06-29-2007, 11:46 AM
Hey gang...

Back's hurting somewhat this morning.. I ditched the pain killer last night and only took the muscle relaxent.. Helped me get to sleep, but woke up pretty stiff this morning.. Not that you need to hear about my problems...

Felicia - Congrats on the house.. It's such a wonderful feeling... Lots of things to think about and worry over, but in the end it's worth it!!

Jillian - Enjoy the day off... I'm having some SB's french roast at the moment.. Good strong stuff...

Liza - Count me among the many here who did a "WTF!!??" with your comment about not being allowed to drive... SO glad you're not in that situation any more..

Wendy - So sorry to hear that you're feeling down.. I'm right there with you.. Liz has had similar problems in the past, but with anxiety more than depression.. It can be hard to find a sympathetic ear sometimes, but hang in there!!! We're here for you, even if it's just on the computer screen.

Anyway.. I've got a busy day on tap, so I'll chat wit chall later, eh?

Mama Nicole
06-29-2007, 11:47 AM
a busy day on tap???? LOL.......guess who is happy it is friday.........LOL

Dan2112
06-29-2007, 11:49 AM
^^ Hardy har har.. Unfortunately, with the meds I'm on, liquid fruits and starches are out of the picture, at least for a few days... DAMMIT!

I was looking forward to a beer on Saturday night, as we're going to a baseball game, but I think I'll survive...

Joni135
06-29-2007, 12:03 PM
Nicole - thanks for the updated garden photos...I am always amazed how quickly some things grow....(like my body!!). "Adam picked a peck of pickled peppers....okay, they're probably cucumbers or zucchini..." So cute. Next time you get a shot of DH's backside, can you get a little closer please! Not only is your DH smart and a great provider, he's not too shabby to look at...and you can tell him I said that. Younger guys like older women..ask my buddy Ashton. (I just got your PM too).

Lettie - :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes Sending good wishes your way.

Who needs to take notes when you've got Wordpad!!

Lea Ann - have fun visiting the girls. When you say you are going to "see your girls" it makes me think of all the ridiculous TV footage of Paris Hilton's folks going to visit her.

Healthy2b...I feel sort of bloated too. I think I just ate too late last night. When I took my gym socks off this morning, I could see the sock indentation around my ankle....and that never happens, so I'm guessing I was just bloated. Good luck at WI. You'll be fine; if not today, then next week.

Katie - My thoughts are with you and your family today.

Dan - take it easy...backs take a little while to heal; actually, I don't think they ever heal but that would be depressing to tell you or Cassi, so forget I said it. OH.....I have the greatest back book of all times....Treat Your Own Back by Robin McKenzie. I highly recommend this book for anyone with ANY back problems at all. It's a small paperback book (only 70+ pages) and has easy to do back exercises. I turn to this book when my back acts up and it always helps. Better than any chiropractor or doc I have been to. If you were biological family, I would buy and send you the book (I've sent it to about 4 family members so far).

Jillian - are you in a funk?

I need to go eat something with protein in it....oh shoot, I'll just eat an early lunch.

Mom_of_3_Monsters
06-29-2007, 12:08 PM
TGIF Y'ALL !!!!!!!!!!!

Nicole - your pictures are great ! All I can say is WOW ! about your garden ! and your kids are the cutest !

Dan - Hope you get to feeling better ASAP !

Katie - I will be thinking about you today !

Lea Ann - Wishing you safe travels ! Bet you can't wait to see the girls !

Wendy - :hug:

Tina - :hug: Ditto to what Nicole said !

Jillian - Enjoy your day off !!!

Ok :dizzy: That's all I can remember for now -- I will check back in later :D

My goal for the day is to stay COMPLETELY POP today AND ALL WEEKEND !! Weekends are the hardest for me -- with everyone being home and with us on the go so much - The scale is not budging for me -- staying the same - UGH !! Oh well at least I am not gaining - right ? ;) Have a great POP day

Mom_of_3_Monsters
06-29-2007, 12:11 PM
:wave: Good Morning Joni