Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-25-2007, 04:07 AM   #1  

Default Swimming

I just started swimming last week. I went three times for around half an hour to 40 minutes. When I'm not swimming, I'm on the dancemat or using weights and doing repetitions. I'm not sure if that is enough exercise and was considering to invest in an exercise video. I am also restricting my calorie intake to 1500.
Curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

I used to love swimming, but now I cant afford groceries, let alone a membership at my local swim place! I only eat 1400-1500 calories as well, and I'm doing at least 30 minutes of brisk walking everyday apart from sundays.

I'm was also on the Special K two week trial, and so far, I've lost 6 pounds. It really depends on your calorie intake vs calorie loss. I've used a few calculators online that have indicated that just by cutting my diet to 1400 calories, I should be losing at least a pound a week without exercise.

You dont have to spend every minute of everyday in the gym to get fit. A healthy balanced diet is a key item as well! ^-^
Casandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:25 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casandra View Post
I used to love swimming, but now I cant afford groceries, let alone a membership at my local swim place! I only eat 1400-1500 calories as well, and I'm doing at least 30 minutes of brisk walking everyday apart from sundays.

I'm was also on the Special K two week trial, and so far, I've lost 6 pounds. It really depends on your calorie intake vs calorie loss. I've used a few calculators online that have indicated that just by cutting my diet to 1400 calories, I should be losing at least a pound a week without exercise.

You dont have to spend every minute of everyday in the gym to get fit. A healthy balanced diet is a key item as well! ^-^
Congratulations! I was considering trying Special K, so now I definitely will look into it. I've made a balanced diet, so hopefully it will help.

I have a Youth Card, which allows me to swim for free 4-6pm on school days and 2-4pm in the holidays, as I'm 15 (well soon to be 16) But sometimes I go earlier, so it gives me a discount.
Curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:28 PM   #4  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

it depends on how hard you are swimming. as a ex-competitive swimmer, i can tell you it's like walking/jogging/running - if you're just going through the motions, yes you'll tone up and lose weight but not at the same rate as working harder or in intervals.
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote