Old 06-24-2007, 01:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/130

Height: 5f 6in

Default Agrivated by scales

Now im loosing... thats all that matters i know... but when you are trying to figure out how many calories you ate to maintain a weight ( should have done that before staring the diet... oh well) and you put in your weight in a calculator it is so frustrating.

My bath room scales say one thing... a 2 digital scales at the mall say something else ( both different) ... another 4th one( digital) says something differerent.

Of course my house scales weighs the least... i like that!

But like i said what ever weight i am... it is going down! Stil aggrivating.

Last timei was weight at the drs. you know you stand on it and they push the trick to one side of the other till it balances.... it was 5 lbs heavier then my bathroom scale.... i can live with that... all the digital ones seemed to saying anywhere between 10-18 lbs more..... that is just to much of a difference.

Went to walmart and for the heck of it just to see if my home scales were wore out i jumped on a new on there .... same as my home scale.

what bugs me too is these estimating charts and online clculators to figure how many calories you consume to maintain your weight. Everyone of those say to choose an activity level... from one to the other it varies... im i low or moderate...

Try to figure it out for my hubby has been the worst...
lendingheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 01:27 PM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Congrats on your weight loss so far! I say, stop weighing yourself so much. I think it's easy to become obsessed with the (wildly varying) numbers and lose sight of what really matters-the fact that you are making progress! Keep up the good work!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 01:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

In my experience, digital scales are not accurate. At least not the ones I've used. They are too sensitive and if you stand the wrong way on them they can be wildly off. I use an analog scale at home.

I only weigh in the morning, after going to the bathroom, with no clothing. When I go to the doctor I weigh approx 5lbs more too, but that is due to clothing, plus water & food consumption throughout the day. It's normal for your weight to fluctuate depending on the time of day. I don't worry about it. I think it is better (and more accurate) to weigh on the same scale at the same time every day, week, or month (depending on how often you choose to weigh yourself.)

If it's really frustrating you, I'd only weigh once a week.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 07:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/130

Height: 5f 6in

It was just one day i had access to so many scales and saw how different they all were.... the one i go by is the bathroom... in the morning after i pee and naked, just like most people here.

my weigh in day is sunday.... i know how you can seem to gain and loose throughout the day....

i am glad to see that others find digital scales to be off... i dont like them!
lendingheart is offline   Reply With Quote