Old 06-24-2007, 11:26 AM   #1  

Default My excuse

My hubby and I decided to start walking together...make it an activity that's not only good for us, but gives us support and some "us time". However, he tends to be a slacker, and I know that soon will come a day when he "doesn't feel like it". I have found the perfect motivation!

I am going to Fashion Bug today and buying a work out outfit. He hates when I buy clothes and only wear them a couple times. So as soon as he starts complaining that he doesn't want to walk, I'll just have to remind him what a waste that new pink jogging suit was. Not only will this work, but I get an excuse to go shopping, woo hoo!
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 11:35 AM   #2  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey, if it works, USE IT! That sounds like a good plan.
I wish my husband would want to do that, too. He doesn't need the exercise because his business is labor intensive and he's in good shape. But, since he owns his own business, the "us" time is lacking a lot. Could be the two active kids that keep my butt in the car running to and from events, too!

Good luck with your walking... and shopping!!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 11:37 AM   #3  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

You are so cute! My DH needs to incorporate more exercise into his day as well but likes to play video games instead. We keep talking about it and I am going to get him a membership to the YMCA for the same reason (he'd feel wasteful if he had a membership and didn't use it!).
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 01:33 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

It's a nice idea to go together. Really, really nice in fact. And I hope buying that outfits motivates him to go more often.

BUT, if he doesn't don't let that stop YOU. You need to do what you need to do, regardless of what he's doing - or not doing.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 07:32 PM   #5  

lol, sounds like an awesome idea!
The reason I don't go walking around town is because I don't have anyone to walk with, and I hate walking around town by myself. I'm sure if I asked someone they would. My best friend does sometimes but, not very often. I'm just to embarrassed to ask anyone..
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 07:39 PM   #6  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Bwah! I love it!

lalique, do you have a dog or a friend with a dog? When my mom and I, or I alone, take a walk, we often "borrow" my neighbor's Olde English Sheepdog for company. Don't feel embarrassed to ask; if they're good friends and love you, then there is absolutely no reason to feel embarrassed. In fact, it may be really good bonding time for you and your friends!
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 11:38 PM   #7  

Height: 5'5"

Interesting. I much prefer to walk alone, and at night, with my MP3 player blasting away. I walk where I can sing loudly if the mood strikes, or dance to the beat without having to explain myself. I enjoy taking short walks with my husband, but he has no interest in walking more than a mile, and - let's face it - he just slows me down! Plus, I don't have to wait for him to get ready, or go where he wants to go, or take his schedule into consideration. It is all about me, baby, and as the mother of five kids, I need some all about me time.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 02:32 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 375/ticker/275

Height: 5'7.5"

First things first...pink rules!

Second, what a fabulous idea! My DH is a Marine, so he's pretty much in shape, but that might just get him off the couch in the evenings...hmm...ty for a fabulous idea hun!
MarinePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 03:30 AM   #9  

Height: 1.67m

It sounds like a really nice idea to walk together, and not only are you getting company and a PINK suit, your husband will get some good health benefits too! Win-win is always good
timkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:16 AM   #10  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Laurie - Make sure you're being safe! When you have your headphones on, you can't hear anyone approaching you or cars. You never know; in a neighboring town, there was a string of violent rapes of women walking alone at night. Don't want to be a downer, but I don't want to see you get hurt either!
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:28 AM   #11  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

You are and evil conniver Toni. And I like you! LOL What ever works to get him to stay motivated. Keep up the good work and enjoy your new outfit.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 07:42 PM   #12  

So far, so good! He's walking with me, and even has to work to keep up! It made me feel all special inside :-D. Though I agree...there will be days he doesn't feel like getting off his booty, and I am sure I will enjoy walking alone. Sometimes it's nice to enjoy the silence. I am a nanny, and silence is hard to come by. We live off country roads, so the traffic is minimal, and the scenery is beautiful. Company or not, I've got my new outfit and a goal to achieve! (but the new suit really tops it off ;-) )
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote