Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2001, 06:53 PM   #1  
Eve's Mom

Default Sunday, Sunday.....

Well, hello girls! I thought I'd write a note now b/c I won't have a chance to write anything tomorrow, as at work I can't get on at all and I am having my mom and sister over for dinner tomorrow night....

I miss getting on the boards as often, and I find that I miss out on so much...like Kier is back from Ireland it seems, and Trish is about to give birth! Jeez....

Well, living together is great. I love knowing that when I get home at night, he'll be there. We are workign out how to balance together and alone time, but its going quite well. We put up our xmas tree yesterday, so that was special.....I like the xmas tree as it is, but since its our first, it was more special.

I have also been counting points very religiously for the past 3 weeks and I am down 7 lbs, which means, I'll make my xmas goal! Woo hoo!

I have to go and check with the posts from Friday to catch up. Hey, I never saw Shallow Hal yet, I'll wait until video...I saw the thread on that subject! Interesting feedback.

Is anyone dreading the holidays?? I am not, but I have to admit the thought of being without my family is a bit sad, and I am nervous about going to NB. Not b/c of b/f's family, b/c I already know his mom and sister, and they are great, but its his extended family and friends, and of course the ex too...very daunting....but whatever, I suppose she is really the one who should feel odd b/c I am the one he's with now. He says she has gotten over him, and I do hope so, b/c I'd like it to be as amicable as possible.....of course, we'd never be friends, but I'd like to enable him to have his "friendship" if that's what he feels he needs to do, you know??

Anyway, hello to Lolly, Kirsty, Tonya, Jen, Trish, Kier, Kim (any ring yet?), Rina, Ali, Dawn (who pmed me!) and everyone else....

Must go do xmas cards!!

Love Ya!
Belle
Old 12-10-2001, 02:52 AM   #2  
Canadian Chick

Talking What a great weekend!!

I had THE BEST weekend!!! My cousin/best friend and her fiance came and stayed with us. They live about 6 hours from us so we don't get to see them that often. They're getting married about a month after us. They arrived about 1am Friday night and we ended up staying up chatting until 4am!! We haven't been able to do that in ages! Saturday we sent the men off to do their own thing and we went girl shopping! It was a BLAST! We did all the wedding shops trying on lots of fun gowns. We got makeovers from our awesome friend who manages the Clinque counter at Sears. We went lingerie (sp?) shopping! That was the most fun! We tried on corset and bustiers and stuff and the sales girl let us share the same change room! We looked sooooo good! I think I might have to go back to buy some stuff! I haven't bought fun undies in years We thought hard about it but the thing I really wanted was $129 and I thought that I should see what DF has to say. Then when we got home we found that both of our men had bought DVD players while they were out and about!!! Then we thought we should really go back and buy our lingerie but we didn't have time (sigh) Saturday night was our Christmas party and we had such a great time! Bedtime ended up being around 4am again! I ate and drank so much! Today I could hardly eat and even now I feel stuffed! I'll have to be extra good the rest of the week. Trying on the lingerie was a real motivator for me. The corsets made my figure look how I would like it to look and it was so nice to actually see it. Anyway it was really really sad when they left today. Especially b/c we don't know if we're going to get to see them at Christmas time and they just found out they're getting transferred to Louisianna!! Only 5000+ KMs away!!! I can't imagine! They are going down for at least one year and if its good they'll stay longer! I hope we'll be able to go visit them at least once. I have never been to the states so it would be a cool experience. It makes me sad though that she is going to be so far away! Crazy! At the same time it makes me want to have an adventure like that! Maybe one day when my DF is done school. I was trying to talk him into studying abroad somewhere so we could have an adventure but he doesn't think that's too appealing (he's very very conservative and traditional and he like things 'just so'). Anyway thay was my awesome weekend in a nutshell. I think this week is going to just drag by now b/c it was such a super time! Oh well...

Belle glad to see you had time to stop by and chat. Woohoo on your 7lbs!! Keep up the great work! Christmas sound exciting!Have you been to NB before? I think that would be neat! Meeting the ex should be interesting. Hope it turns out good for all. I'm glad to hear living together is going good after all of the hullabaloo earlier. Take care!

Hi to everyone else. Hopefully I'll be able to stop by and chat tomorrow. I promised myself that I would take the time after work to workout before DF gets home from work and that time will probably be my only free time tomorrow as far as I know. We'll see. At any rate everyone take care!!

-Rina
Closed Thread