Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 10:41 AM   #1  
the journey begins

S/C/G: 270/257/150

Default Lonnng journey

Hi all!

What do you do when you are having one of those days (or moments) where you're feeling discouraged and the idea of having to lose 100+ pounds is seeming like an extremely daunting (and nearly impossible) task?

What do you say to yourself/do/think that gets your through it?
Old 06-21-2007, 10:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/202/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi Amberoo,
You have to remind yourself that you are making progress. You've taken off 10 lbs., That is GREAT!! We didn't put on extra 100 lbs in just a month ot two and it is not going to come off in just a month or two. It is going to take time, but it will be so worth it!

Keep up the good work, you'll do it.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

I usually think, "whats the alternative"...if 100 seems impossible to lose, 150 seems even worse, and that is where i will be if i dont get it in gear. It does seem like, "i will never make it" sometimes, but then i come here and i see people who HAVE made it. They have lost way more than 100. Heck, i have lost more than 100, only to gain it back. so i know i can do it, and if i can do it. ANYONE can do it.
When it seems like too big of a mountain though. My motto below my ticker says it all, "I cant lose 100 pounds, but i can lose 10 pounds 10 times." Set small goals that you can attain. Dont even worry about the 100. Just worry about the 10 pounds you will lose in the next month or so.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:18 PM   #4  
the journey begins

S/C/G: 270/257/150

Thanks you two!

"I may not be able to lose 100 pounds but i can lose 10 pounds 10 times."

What a great way to look at it - I'm going to adopt this attitude, too, because losing 100lbs seems impossible on many days. Breaking it down makes it seem more doable. Also, thinking that a year will pass whether I diet or not, so I might as well stick to my plan so I can be thinner in a year, rather than depressed I never did anyting, again! And most likely, heavier too! The alternative is no fun, so I might as well stick with WW and really give it my all. I just am dealing with going off WW for two weeks now, and I'm filled with guilt. Today I got back on track and did very well, so I'm proud of myself. I'm going to have to deal with bad days, I know this, I just have to be strong enough not to go off the program - to realize I'll be much happier in the end, if I stick with it, rather than give into a passing mood or craving.

You two keep up the good work, too!!!
Old 09-27-2007, 08:01 PM   #5  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

i feel the same way ... 100 pounds .... technically 120 in my case its scary 120 is what i wanna see on the scale not the amount i wanted to loose ... this is depressing
Old 09-27-2007, 09:02 PM   #6  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

I feel frustrated on many occasions too. I think breaking it into smaller goals is a great idea. Also I say check out the 300+ pound support forum. I think that might help. There are a lot of "losers" over there.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 287.5/257.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Yeah, it does seem daunting when you look at the big number, scarey too. I think sometimes, "how can I maintain my focus that long!". Things that help are focus on smaller goals (and achievements so far). It's a change for life and taking stock of the positive changes in behavior, even when the scale doesn't move or I go over points, helps me see I am NOT in the same place as when I started.

The thought that, time will pass anyway and in a year or more, if you don't change things, the year will pass anyway. I felt a lot better after I read the entrys on akkasha's big battle, especially the "charting the progress" section. I saw that she took years and had many ups and downs and that helped me feel normal and hopeful about the process.

Wrapping my head around the idea that this isn't something to stop doing and also that I AM in it for the long haul has been a challenge sometimes. I just tell myself- "I'm not stopping, even if I don't log every bite or exercise every day, I am NOT stopping for anything. So any tricky little self sabotage events or lies are pointless because I'm going to just start over as often as it takes.

And like everyone, some days it seems easy and others, it's seems hard. Sometimes I plod, sometimes I skim through.

Hang in- we're hanging with you!
Old 10-07-2007, 05:25 PM   #8  
Momma on a Mission!

S/C/G: 334/ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

I am new here, and have well over 100 lbs to lose. 100 and then a couple toddlers even! I am overwhelmed at the enormity of it all, I know that it didnt happen over night (the gain) but the thought that it will take as long to work it off as it did to put it on is daunting. I'm so glad to have found this place, I am looking forward to getting to know people and creating that network of support!!
Closed Thread