South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 10:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Red face It's time to return to the 3fatchicks fold

Good morning all,
I'm back and plan on keeping in touch. I think it's been close to a year since I've been on the forum daily.

I can't do it without you guys keeping me accountable because it's so easy to let things slide a little here, a little there. This little piece of cake won't hurt anything, this cookie won't hurt, a couple crackers with regular cheese..... And those individual pieces didn't hurt, it was when it became a daily thing that it started snowball.

I've been having problems with horrible bouts of fatigue that for some silly reason I turn to food to help me Is that silly or what? food doesn't help. I finally went to the doctor and he says that my fibroids are huge and probably should have a hysterectomy...which got me to feeling blue again and turning to ....you guessed it...food to make me feel better Yes, I know silly. I mean it was mostly good food, all high fiber and healthy, only a couple giant candy bars to make the fiber go down... no it wasn't that bad... well, ok yes, there were the couple giant candy bars but I don't have any more in the house now...at least I don't think so...I would have eaten them by now if I did. Oh wait back to the fibroids and hysterectomy. He was saying that fibroids mess with the hormones and such that was why I was feeling so incredibly fatiqued during the first week of my cycle and etc, etc. So it's nice to know why I'm feeling the way I feel. Which in a strange sort of way makes me better able to control my eating because I now it's my hormones and all the eating in the world isn't going to make it any better. Only worse if I make the wrong choices in food...ie sugar.

So I'm back! Ready to make a clean start and next month I'll do the excerise challenge because I'm a couch potato again.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:39 AM   #2  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

well hello... welcome back..
Old 06-21-2007, 10:43 AM   #3  

Sarah!! back
Your beach towel awaits-- wait, ...that Ruthie--always a beach hog ... Roll over Ruth! Make way for Sarah!
Old 06-21-2007, 10:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Welcome back. I am newly back too, after gaining 15 pounds of what i had lost. I am glad to be back as well, this site just keeps you in check. I know i am heading down the wrong road when i stop checking in here.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:47 PM   #5  

The problem is it's so easy to slide back into old habits because once doesn't hurt. 1 cookie or 1 trip to the all you can eat buffet doesn't make you gain weight, it's when one becomes more. Then one day you wake up and it's "hmmm, how did I get back here?"

Back a few years ago I asked on a different forum that shall remain nameless why people who gained their weight back did it because at that time I was determined not to be one of those people.

It's slow and sneaky, the reverting back to bad habits.

Sarah
Old 06-21-2007, 12:49 PM   #6  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahyu View Post
The problem is it's so easy to slide back into old habits because once doesn't hurt. 1 cookie or 1 trip to the all you can eat buffet doesn't make you gain weight, it's when one becomes more. Then one day you wake up and it's "hmmm, how did I get back here?"

Back a few years ago I asked on a different forum that shall remain nameless why people who gained their weight back did it because at that time I was determined not to be one of those people.

It's slow and sneaky, the reverting back to bad habits.

Sarah
this is why even now today i'm struggling with WHAT am I doing wrong... this is my biggest fear Sarah that i'll slip and fall back there.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:50 PM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahyu View Post
I finally went to the doctor and he says that my fibroids are huge and probably should have a hysterectomy...which got me to feeling blue again..
I had one about 2 years ago and it really was not 1/2 as bad as I thought it would be (I had 3 sections, so I knew what I was in for and was dreading it!). But since I had those sections years ago, the pain meds etc have improved..I had the "full abdominal" kind..cut from the belly button down,(plus a bladder lift) but I was back at work teaching in the mornings 4 weeks later and back at my other job here (web design) in about 2 weeks for a few hours a day.

I can't tell you how much better I have felt since then..tons more energy just generally feeling good. I had already been through menopause (started that very early) and I started bleeding again big time after about 5 years of no periods and I can tell you, you won't miss that a bit!!!! There are a couple of other "bonuses" with hysterectomys too that I won't go into here...let's just be "nice" and just say underwear lasts a lot longer without having to buy new ones.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:41 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Big hug and welcome back, Sarah. By the way, I wasn't hogging your Beach towel; I was saving it for you. Just ignore Schatzi! She's jealous because she thinks you like me more than you like her. After all, you did entrust me with your towel.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:13 PM   #9  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Sarah, it's nice to meet you! I'm glad you've come back to join us. I was thinking of getting a rousing game of beach volleyball going and I think we could use another player!

Kara
Old 06-22-2007, 07:07 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

BACK! Sarahyu!
Old 06-23-2007, 09:16 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/184/149

Height: 5'6"

Default Same boat

Hello Sarahyu!

So sorry to hear of your medical issues, but glad in a way, too!

I've been slipping since February when the docs told me my gallbladder had to come out (done 5/7/07) and that I had fibroids & endometriosis and would need a hysterectomy (sched for 7/19/07). I'd have my own little pitty party, with the guest of honor being salty carbs. My comfort and joy! I've added back about 6 pounds, but I'm more worried about what will happen after surgery.

mmecreole - glad to hear the positive side to the hysterectomy! I keep hearing comments about my age (35 in August) and not having more kids (docs won't let me have more anyway) and I can't see the sense in keeping it around if it's gonna act up anyway!

Sarahyu - maybe we'll get through this together!
Old 06-23-2007, 11:54 AM   #12  
Banishing the Belly

S/C/G: 180/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Sarahyu!

I love this place, and it's good that you've come back. Support is crucial to our success in beating our food demons. Are you starting back on Phase I?

L
Old 06-23-2007, 11:56 AM   #13  
Willpower Again!

S/C/G: 152/150/125

Height: 5-7....BMI 125.6! yikes

Welcome back!!!! I think you are doing the right thing.....This forum has actually helped alot...even if it's to get some words and frustrations out!!!!! lol
Old 06-24-2007, 09:49 AM   #14  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

back.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:35 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb-is-downsizing View Post
Hello Sarahyu!

I've been slipping since February when the docs told me my gallbladder had to come out (done 5/7/07) and that I had fibroids & endometriosis and would need a hysterectomy (sched for 7/19/07). I'd have my own little pitty party, with the guest of honor being salty carbs. My comfort and joy! I've added back about 6 pounds, but I'm more worried about what will happen after surgery.
Sarahyu - maybe we'll get through this together!

My pity party food was chocolate bars and not the good dark chocolate ones I could at least pretend were healthy. No...I went for the large milk chocolate ones-ones with caramel filling and such plus salty chips. I wonder how comfort foods have so much power over us. It used to be mac and cheese but after several years on sbd, I can't stand Kraft m&c.

I'm trying to get into a clinical trial at NIH for fibroids. They want to study a drug that has shown great promise at shrinking fibroids. http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct/show/NCT00290251?order=1 I have to be off birth control for 60 days and have 2 periods before they'll do the base line work up to see if I qualify.

Sarah
Closed Thread