South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 07:33 AM   #1  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Default Turnabout is Fair Play or Nessa Needs...

LOVE

HERE is MY RANT~

it's not TOM

i'm drinking my water

I'm eating CLEAN (really I am) 2 grains/starches 2 fruits 1 dairy fish and poultry no red meat in the last few days

I'm WALKING a decent amount (walked/ran the puppies last night broke a sweat and got my heart rate up)

SO TELL ME WHY I KEEP GAINING WEIGHT.... I am up a pound this week. It crept up over the last week .2 here .2 there. .4 the other day... and then POOF ONE WHOLE POUND!

I am so frustrated this morning... I've gained a pound this week. and I've been GOOD..... this SUCKS.

I only eat 2 fruits and 2 grain/starch servings per day
yesterday was oatmeal and 1/2 a sweet potato
some days i don't even have that evening starch

WHAT can I change... maybe coming off the beach is what I need to do.. count calories or something... they all seem to get it right....
Old 06-21-2007, 08:15 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Hmmmm...sounds like what was happening to me the other day, when you told me about the heat and salt (btw, it worked and I don't feel bloated and "fatter" anymore)

But..I also layed off the starches since then..only allowing myself one per day. Yesterday I had waffles for breakfast, so didn't have any bread, rice, pasta the rest of the day...
so maybe going on a "modified" P1 would help?
Any you are right, it does suck.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:19 AM   #3  

Nessa first a big andn now, I know its frustrating, but that pound could just be water retention... or regardless of how healthy you are eating and which eating plan you adopt; Calories In and Calories Out..so just a measly 500 extra calories a day can bump you up a pound in a week. Try to watch the portion sizes and do an average weight every month. weighing everyday just brings frustration in my book...

Hang in Thar Babalooie!!!
Old 06-21-2007, 08:19 AM   #4  
ONEderland here I come!

ya know... i do modified p1 with one fruit and one grain and I get told i'm not eating enough or i'm not eating healthy. I'm only doing one dairy now...

i could cut back to one grain easily.... but is that truly the way to go?
Old 06-21-2007, 08:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Weight fluxation is a funny thing. Well, not really "funny", there's no fun in gaining weight, especially when you've been doing all the right things.

I don't know what to tell you, Nessa. You've already examined your diet and exercise, so you know the problem doesn't lie there. The very same thing happens to me, too. I'll eat "clean" for weeks, and the scale doesn't budge, then all at once I'll drop 3 or 4 pounds. It doesn't make sense. I blame it all on menopause messing around with my metabolism.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:26 AM   #6  
ONEderland here I come!

i mean i'm in tears here girls.

i've upped my water and exercise
i've dropped my food intake

and I"M GAINING

it sux. totally.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:28 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

That brings up a good question. I mean if you are already modifying your diet and limiting the amount of calories you eat as a whole then why is the scale going up. I always wondered that. I mean in SB we don't count calories but by replacing starches with vegetables nearly every meal we limit the amount of calories we consume. Maybe the idea of a "healthy" person being able to eat 2,000 cal. a day is severely skewed. I know when I eat 2,000 cal a day even healthy ones I gain weight like crazy.

I honestly don't know what could be happening it could just be water weight and sodium. I don't see how you could be gaining. Maybe take a wait and see approach. I hope you feel better and offer you a big.
Pohai
Old 06-21-2007, 08:30 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 147/144/120

Height: 5'4

Have you upped your exercise and THEN seen this pound creep on? I've had experience with slight weight gains when I increase my exercise. I've read that our muscles often retain water when we use them more . . . It seems totally unfair and counter-intuitive, I know--but if this pound is water and not fat, then it isn't anything to worry about (not that it will STOP you from worrying--I know that I still worry!). If this is the case, then it should come off when your body adjusts to the increased activity. In any case,
Old 06-21-2007, 08:33 AM   #9  
ONEderland here I come!

all i'm doing is walking....
Old 06-21-2007, 08:37 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 208/204/165

Height: 5'7"

Nessa- hang in there! It's incredibly frustrating to be in this place. My trainer was telling me that I wasn't eating enough for all the exercise I do and I wonder if that is what is happening. I started adding some extra protein and veg in my day and my weight loss stall seems to slowly be moving on. The other thing is that it isn't all about the number (the more I say and write it, teh more likely I am to believe it...) I haven't lost a lot of weight lately but I've lost two inches around my hips and .5 inch from my waist so I am doing something right.

Don't give up. Change a few things up and see what happens. Plus we're here to lend an ear if you need it
Old 06-21-2007, 08:41 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Nessa I know when I walk, especially on hot and humid days I see an uptick in the scales the next day or two. I notice is starts while I am walking, my rings get tighter and my ankels and toes get fatter (yes I said my toes). I walk with a bottle of water and drinks lots when I get home. I was in the same boat earlier this week. Scales were up two pounds. Part of mine was TOM but today I am down almost 4 pounds from monday. Try not to let it get to you. I know its hard, I almost cried monday when I got on the scales too. There are times I wonder why I walk if all it does is make me retain water but that is the wrong attitude to have. Patience and will power my friend!
Old 06-21-2007, 09:11 AM   #12  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Nessa, Pacer is on to something...
Maybe as an "experiment" don't go walking outside for a couple of days and see what happens. Stay where it is cool. I just talked to my daughter's boyfriend (a personal trainer) and he said that it can be just your body storing water in "defense" of the heat
Old 06-21-2007, 09:15 AM   #13  
ONEderland here I come!

BUT it's cooler here now... it was only 64 this morning... down right chilly...

my rings aren't tight....
Old 06-21-2007, 09:18 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 125/110

Height: 5'2

OK here is something from somebody that is just starting to get into the swing of things again - but one thing to keep in mind as well is - if you are not eating enough to accomodate your body's needs then your body will hang on to every ounce. So if you are upping your workout or walk time you need to remember your body is also burning more and the body can't make it on water alone so maybe part of the issue is that you are not eating enough to make up for what your body needs? Just a thought?

Kudos though for being so good about your eating that takes a lot of will power and discipline. Hang in there!!!!
Old 06-21-2007, 09:20 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 125/110

Height: 5'2

Hmm thats good to know - I beem wondering why my ring is so snug some days - especially when I have been outside witht he kids and I am still drinking lots of water. Thx
Closed Thread