Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2001, 11:06 AM   #1  

Default new to this site

Hi everyone! I am new to this site and thought I should introduce myself. I am 30, a single parent, and in major need of losing weight (probably about 100lbs). Being a nurse I give a lot of dietary advice, so I certainly know what to do and what not to do when wanting to lose weight However....... applying that into my life requires motivation, and that I seem to lack in severely! I want to lose this weight, I hate the way I look, I want to go back to the way I used to be (or somewhere close to that!) yet I m not motivated enough to follow through. I even hired a personal trainer at the begining of the year, and stopped going to my appointments with her! Anyway I will stop rambling. I just hope to find some people who understand my feelings with this!
take care...
nurseinneed
Old 12-09-2001, 11:19 PM   #2  
Dancing those pounds away

WELCOME Nurseinneed.

Oh how well we can all relate to you. We all have been where you are now.
You have found a good place to find support and hopefully motivation.
Read in all of the threads and find a group you feel comfortable in and then JUMP RIGHT IN.
I belong to 300+ and Ready to try again. Another good group I have belonged to is Thru thick and thin. I know all the other groups are great too and would welcome you with open arms. You just need to read them all and find the right fit for you.

Hang in there and NEVER GIVE UP.

Just a reminder. To join a group hit "REPLY". That will add your post to the thread you are reading in. If you hit "post" it will start a new thread. I hope that makes sense to you. I know you are new at this site.
Old 12-11-2001, 09:45 PM   #3  
Give Peace A Chance !

Hello Nurseinneed, I'm an RN too. Nurses are like dirt, we are everywhere. I feel you on all that you have said. I was in your shoes before I took hold of myself and did much soul searching. I started with the Atkins diet. I know it isn't the most well balanced food plan but I needed to get my appitite under some kind of control. Atkins does that for you because of the high fat content it removes your hunger allowing you to get some control over what you choose to eat. After about 2 weeks you will have enough relief from the constant craving to eat to formulate and stick to a food plan more of your own choice. I belong to "40-Something needs support" We are a great bunch of gals who diet and support eachother through the good and the bad. Come on over and join us, we'll be glad to have you. We are on several different food plans so you might find something there that you have been looking for. I'll be looking for ya.

Peace

Last edited by Tazmani77; 12-11-2001 at 09:55 PM.
Old 12-12-2001, 01:46 AM   #4  

Hi there, nurseinneed!

I too would like to extend an invitation to join a group: "Help! Need to lose 150 lbs #2" found under the "Buddy Up" section. We have been active since mid-july and have both lost and gained members. So far, we are succeeding! Two of us have lost 50 lbs (or more)! We would love to have you and there is no requirement that you have to lose 150 lbs

- Kim
Closed Thread