Support Groups - Post Hysterectomy group.. anyone interested?

tweetyistruckin
06-20-2007, 06:48 PM
Hello!
I had a hysterectomy 15 months ago. I have really put on the weight since then. I am 29 years old and a mother of 5. I know that after having a hysterectomy the weight lose challenges increase due to many reasons. Woman who have had also have special needs opposed to women who haven't. Also being on HRT is another chalenge in itself. I would love to start a group for woman who have had a hysterectomy. let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks :)

Teresa

ceara
06-21-2007, 08:28 AM
Hi tweetyistruckin! I had a hysto 2 years ago in May....it does take nearly a year before you feel normal. I am considerably older than you and not on hormones...am in the peri area of my life. I still have my ovaries so I do get the cycles. However, since I've recovered, I have found the weight is coming off easier...maybe my frame of mind!

I generally hang out in the palace in this forum...you could join in there if you wish...

:dust:

tweetyistruckin
06-21-2007, 06:51 PM
Thank Ceara

Yeah I am feeling better since i started eating right again. It has only been a week but can already feel the difference. I am also taking the Alli pill.
Congragulations on the weight loss! You are doing great!!:hug:

elmuyloco5
07-12-2007, 01:41 AM
X

deelightful32
07-12-2007, 10:45 PM
I had a partial one done last Sept. and have gained 32 lbs. since then. They don't tell ya it'll make you a little chubby :D I am sorry to hear you guys had to go through the full process, that must have been horribly painful for you.

murphmitch
07-12-2007, 10:58 PM
Had my hysterectomy 5 yrs. ago at age 45 but left my ovaries in. I have had no trouble losing weight on WW until menopause struck last year or so and am now having trouble just maintaining my current weight. I started on an estrogen patch last few months for hot flashes and associated problems and have had more trouble with weight gain ever since then. It's pretty discouraging for me. I had maintained a 30 pound weight loss for over 3 years and now am having weight gain issues. :mad: I will say that I was very happy with my hysterectomy for relief of fibroid issues (terrible pain with periods, pressure from enlarged uterus, bladder issues with this).