General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-20-2007, 05:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Default Bicycling

Any other cycling fanatics?

It's probably my favorite way to get exercise... I ride my bike to and from work every day (a total of 19.5 miles) and on the weekends, I sometimes like riding on nature trails and the like.

There are bike lanes here alongside most roads, so a thing I like to do is try to go faster than the cars are going... I also go out of my way to pass other people on bikes - it gives me a great workout!
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 130/110ish

Height: 5'3

**** yeah...i LOVE cycling.

Just got into it again in April and the snow where I live (central ohio) melted at last. I used to be crazy abt biking at home (singapore) when I lived next to a nature reserve with a really nice mountain bike trail. I used to read street directories for fun to find places to go to.

I am trying to bike to campus (which is on the top of a hill. And i live a mile away at the bottom of the hill) every other day this summer. Just braved the noon sun and main road after lunch this afternoon to find this interesting neighborhood nearby. It was pretty damn exhilirating.
gerbils4hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:55 PM   #3  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Hubby biked from Vancouver to Halifax two summers ago. He averaged 120km each day (!) and camped out each night. He went with a friend, as I get too crabby on hills, and the Rockies ARE a bit intimidating...
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 12:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 234/205/185

Height: 5'10"

I have a recumbent from easy racers and a tandem from burley for riding with one of my kids. I have a century ride coming up in Sept. in San Luis
Obispo,Ca along the coast, it will be great......
geobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 08:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 194/177/?

Height: 5' 4"

Default check out the biker chicks chat

There's a June biker chicks chat thread in the exercise forum - check it out and join the dicussion!
sarah44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 11:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Ooh, I'll go look at the biker chicks thread.

geobuilder, that's awesome. I'm thinking about getting a recumbent bike. The other day, I saw someone just randomly riding one here. I thought, "Lucky *******. What a comfy looking bike."

Another popular bike here is the one that's powered by electricity. It's not a moped perse, as it looks just like a regular bike, except with a motor.

I'm not going to buy one, though... it'll stop me from getting as much exercise as I should

I'm thinking about doing one of those bike-for-a-cause things. I know they often have one for AIDS... I think I should try it sometime. It will be exhilerating!
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote