Mini-Goals - Smal, but important victory!

View Full Version : Smal, but important victory!

bethel
06-20-2007, 01:08 PM
Yesterday I had a great day, exercising and making wise food choices - then I went to a party at night. What started out with munching on veggies (without dip) turned into munching on cheese and crackers...and it went downhill from there. By the end of the evening, I had turned into the human vacuum cleaner.

Needless to say, I felt bloated and uncomfortable last night. This morning, my body "dumped" last night's intake (believe me, it didn't look anywhere near as attractive in the toilet bowl as it did on last night's table!) and I didn't feel up to exercising. I was tired, weak and lethargic.

I put on my workout clothes anyway, drank my usual water, took my vitamin pill, had a light breakfast and read the paper. In about an hour, I felt much better and even though I had a full day ahead of me, did a really good DVD workout.

I feel SO much better, physically and mentally! I feel ready to face the day and just keep on going.

In days past, I would have stayed in the depths of despair, stayed "down" on myself, continued to binge, avaoid my meeting, etc. Not now. I've come too far to turn back now - full steam ahead!

mandalinn82
06-20-2007, 01:16 PM
Yay! Way to go on the attitude change - its a huge turning point when you realize that you gotta do what you gotta do, no matter what you did the day before.

ladybugnessa
06-20-2007, 01:22 PM
Well done. You did it right... be proud.

i think for me that's become the biggest difference this time, I don't use a 'treat' as a way to keep treating and get permanently off track....

KiDaisy
06-20-2007, 02:30 PM
That is Awesome!!
Attitude is EVERYTHING!
Keep going, small victorys add up!
Congratulations!
KM

shipgirl
06-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Thanks for sharing! Great Job! Just what I needed to hear. I am kind of struggling this week.

purpleorc
06-23-2007, 11:28 AM
Congratulations on your positive mental attitude. Quite rightly so tomorrow is another day and don't let the previous days eating habits set you spiralling back to our old eating habits.

Thanks for sharing this as I think many of us have not always been on the "straight and narrow" path of healthy eating. But I am sure that your experience and they way you handled it is an inspiration to all of us.

I am at a plateau right now and you have inspired me to keep to my healthy eating plan. Thanks for that. :)

lalique
06-23-2007, 03:00 PM
Thats wonderful that you didn't let it get you down, and just kept going.
Can I barrow some of your motivation??

Justforme07
06-23-2007, 03:06 PM
Way to go! If you keep up this way of thinking you'll be at goal in no time.