Old 06-20-2007, 09:34 AM   #1  

Default The Firm Cardioweights system

Did anyone cave and order the firms new cardioweights system? www.getfirmtoday.com I've been doing the firm since the late '90s, just resist.

Anyone catch the new infomerical that aired last week?

Kat
Kitkat3NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 145/142/125

Height: 5'6

I didn't. I really like the firm but I refuse to continue buying all of this extra stuff (most of which I already have in some form or fashion).
I feel like they think we're a bunch of dummies or something. I mean most of us already have weights.
SITIBODY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:20 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I don't watch informmercials but I do think the cardioweights themselves are pretty cool but the system, you don't really need. If you already have hand weights, then you probably really don't need the cardio weights.

I really like The Firm personally but I use my own weights for it.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

I saw it and my first thought was "ooh, i want it" but really, how different can it be? I've already got a whole box full of Firm videos that honestly I don't use a ton, so while I want it I'll probably pass. At least until it's available at Target for a lot less $$$! If you don't already have other videos or equipment it probably wouldn't be a bad investment.
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 08:17 PM   #5  

I bought the entire set today. These look kind of cool to me. Kind of like Slim Series. The last 'round' of FIRMS had too many different types of 'gadgets'. I like that all of the new ones only use dumbbells.
Mini-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:50 PM   #6  
Writing my success story

I already own BSS1 but I was thinking about getting this since it doesn't have a step. My knees are not the best right now so I thought this might be lower impact. Any reviews?
allabouttheskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:10 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by allabouttheskinny View Post
I already own BSS1 but I was thinking about getting this since it doesn't have a step. My knees are not the best right now so I thought this might be lower impact. Any reviews?
I'll give them a try this week, and post a review. I was nursing a sore hand this past week, and didn't get around to trying them.

for the most part, these are *new*. WAY not like the original FIRMS, and not like the 'fanny lifter/transfirmer' series, either.

I've previewed several of them, and they really are like Slim Series 'lite'.
Mini-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 03:09 AM   #8  
I need Motivation

S/C/G: 135/135/95

Height: 5'0

I actually saw the infommercial this morning and Bookmarked their site! hehe, i'm thinking of getting it because after losing a couple of fats, i think I will need toning/firming to look better.

I think this will help alot for a firming novice like me.
kitkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 09:22 AM   #9  
Writing my success story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-Me View Post
I'll give them a try this week, and post a review. I was nursing a sore hand this past week, and didn't get around to trying them.

for the most part, these are *new*. WAY not like the original FIRMS, and not like the 'fanny lifter/transfirmer' series, either.

I've previewed several of them, and they really are like Slim Series 'lite'.
What is the Slim Series? Did a yahoo search but didn't come up with anything.
allabouttheskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:51 PM   #10  
Peach

Slim Series is part of the Slim in Six program, a bit more advanced version by Debbie Siebers. you can check it out at BeachBody dot Com
princesspeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

I have used The Firm to lose weight about 4 years ago, and I did tone up and slim down. I have been using the Firm CardoWeight System for about a month now. I do enjoy it, I feel like some of the old firms worked me harder. I ordered mine off of ebay where it was a lot cheaper.
scarahjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:27 PM   #12  
Peach

that's been what most of the world have been saying. Old Firm kicks your butt, and New Firm can get the work down - i think that's what they were trying to do, make it more... every day woman. I know before i heard how hard it did it so i shied away from it... but now i got some older firms (like volume 1) and the new stuff.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:30 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 234/227/150

I have been doing the Firm cardioweight system for a short time now and I love it! The original Firm with the Fanny Lifter really hurt my knees. I would literally be limping afterwards, but I loved the intensity of the workout. The Cardioweight system has great workouts and is kind to my knees, so I prefer it to the original. If you have your own weights, just use those. The cardio weights are not really anything special. I got the whole system because I didn't have any weights at home.

Last edited by jenssong117; 07-09-2008 at 08:35 AM.
jenssong117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:46 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 162/143/137

Height: 5'5"

Default Firm Weights

I bought the cardio weights - only because I was new to the Firm and didn't know any better. It was the first firm set of anything I bought. Had I known, I would not have! The only video in the set I use is the sculpt - and the weights, of course, I could have bought much cheaper elsewhere. And since, I've grown into heavier weights and hardly use the original set now.

I did go out and buy the fanny lifter - and that I absolutely love! Now I just buy the videos separately - and I think the older videos are by far better and more challenging than any of the newer videos that the firm comes out with.

I suggest renting before buying if you can.
itsnotme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:08 PM   #15  
Peach

I did my first FIrm ever yesterday (it was Hi-Def Sculpt w/o weights) and I have to say it really got my heart beating and sweating an I thought I was going SLOW! as I've said - I don't really see the point of comparing the two. I don't know why they aren't as "tough" but I think they want to reach EVERYONE - and I think some people would be put off at first to try the firm if were all ... "Toughy" like the original. I'm trying to get most of what i can - increase as I go. but I love the set so Pink or Old I'm a Firm girl.