Support Groups - Weight Loss and Chitchat #256

View Full Version : Weight Loss and Chitchat #256

Jane
06-20-2007, 09:12 AM
Hello and :welcome: to the Jaded Ladies site!:wave:

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. :gossip: So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.:yes:

limeymum
06-20-2007, 11:45 AM
I haven't been to this site for a few years, now I need help again in my weight loss journey. Glad to be back:hug:

FrouFrou
06-20-2007, 04:43 PM
Hello ladies...

...and a big :welcome: back to you limeymum! Glad to have you back!

JANE...so jealous of your garden...all those fresh veggies and fruits, mmmm. Going to be working on getting that stuff from storage organized and put away this evening and tomorrow. Have to make room for round two. Me and Jason made three trips and then V and Jason made one. Soooo much stuff! Actually, too much stuff. There's a lot of heavy boxes I can't pick up and Jason and V are not home today so can only do light stuff. Most of it is Christmas stuff and garage stuff. Well, then we have a pile of stuff for garage sale stuff. A person shouldn't have this much stuff, ugh! How are you liking your new room? Bet it is nice.

SUE...keep up the good work missy! All that biking will pay off soon and you are getting healthy so it's all good! I'm like you, kept saying I am not going to buy any new clothes until I lose some weight. WEll, I broke down and did before my trip to AR. Wanted some shorts to wear.

PINKJANE...like Jane, I admire you too for cooking for yourself. If it were just me all the time I wouldn't cook for myself. I don't like to cook anymore. I would live off frozen dinners, salad and sandwiches.

JULES...I guess I had something else in mind when you said celestial. I love that crib set! The stars and the moon and the colors! Perfect blue for a boy or girl! I'm getting excited too!

HI to everyone else :wave:

Well I had a busy morning again today. I don't know where the time goes. I do a few things in the morning and by the time I get home and on the computer it is getting late already. And I am not getting anything done around the house, ugh! Hoping to get things organized and some order to all the chaos here by Monday. I made a To Do list but it still ain't happenin', lol. Anyway...

I did manage a walk yesterday evening-30 minutes on the treadmill. Would have been more but DS came home and wanted to chat. I am not one to say "later, I'm busy" life is too short and I take advantage of all the time I can get to chat with my kids. Walking, cleaning, exercising, whatever can wait.

Going to walk again the same time today. Meant to get up early and do it before heading out the door but for some reason I slept in. Did the wally world thing today since I was out and about. It is supposed to be hot this week and I don't want to be out in it. I need to go buy a suit and go to the pool. For some reason I am dying to go. There's not a lot of people that go so it wouldn't be crowded during the day. Maybe next week once I get things organized.

Well, I hope you ladies are enjoying your day! Take care :hug:

PinkSands
06-20-2007, 07:33 PM
Good Evening Ladies:wave:

Just got off the treadmill and thought I would check in...Hubby is doing Wal Mart loads in Ohio for the next 4 days, he just hates those LOL, so he is no a happy camper to say the least....still nothing much going on here...gonna make my dinner and watch The Birdcage...Have a Good Evening All.

Sue - I hope it goes into reruns, I got hooked on a new show on the History Channel called Ice Road Truckers LOL

Jane and Cristina - OMG I hate, hate, HATE to cook LOL but you can't lose on take out and having type 2 makes it a necessary evil to cook, but vacation is coming and I'll have 8 days where I don't have to cook Woo Hoo!!

Pink Jane
Your next vacation is 81 days away!

Jane
06-20-2007, 07:51 PM
I'm back! :D

Hi limeymum - welcome back to 3fc, and especially to the Jaded Ladies. I think you'll find us very encouraging during your weight loss journey.

Cristina - I picked some flowers for the living room, and when I got to the coneflowers, I thought of you. Good for you, not handling the heavy boxes, last thing you need is an aching back. Like you, I forgo most everything else when one of the kids, grandkids, or Neal needs to chat. Everything else can just wait. I do love my new room! It's nothing special, but just right for scrapbooking. As I write this, Neal is painting his den, and seems happy to have a room to call his own. He's going to bring all his trophys in from the shed, lol, and his arrowhead collection, too. :dizzy: Men are actually just big boys, right?

Sassy - how's the new program going? If you need some cheering on, you know we'll help you!

Hello to everyone else. :wave:

I have been thinking for quite some time about switching back to WW, and although I don't want to have to count points, I have to admit that I lost so well with WW in 2004. And really, we have to count Something in order to lose - fat grams, calories, carbs, points, or whatever. At least I still have the points printed out for most of our favorite dishes. I am a firm believer, though, that success begins in the brain, not the belly.

If any of you still haven't tried Edy's no sugar added frozen fruit bars, you really need to make that a priority, lol.

Chat at ya later. :cool:

Jane
06-20-2007, 07:57 PM
Pink Jane - you were posting same time as me. Do you find that by the end of vacation, you'd do just about anything for a real home-cooked meal after all the restaurant food? You're down to 80-some days for WDW, and I'm still at 9 months and counting, lol. I sincerely hope you send me a postcard!

jules1216
06-20-2007, 08:26 PM
Just a quick post to say hi to all!!

suetalks
06-20-2007, 09:53 PM
Hi everyone. Boy, is life busy for most of you! We have our busy-ness in spurts, then days of nothing to do.
Today the weather was so un-believably beautiful that we sat outside a lot. DH got my seat fixed..heehee...and I rode 6 miles. I swear I will reach a ten mile day before summer is over.
I dusted woodwork and doors and ran the Webster in the corners today. Lots of dust bunnies to chase. I even did the garage. Now if someone would wash my car......ha.
Mom was under the weather so I hope she feels better tomorrow.

DD and family will be here in 2 days and I am beside myself. Having a Sunday dinner..so Sat. I will bake an apple cake and make a salad of some sort. They all stay at my local DD's house...she has a pool that the kids love 24/7. (but she is only 5 minutes from us)

Going to scoot and try to do a little exercising....working on my legs so I can ride the bike longer. LOL

Marti
06-21-2007, 11:10 AM
Hello everyone.....

Just a quicky here as I need to get to town and get some errand done before work. Today DD is 13 and I'm stopping by to wish her a Happy Birthday too.

Still walking and trying to eat much better. This weekend Hubby and I are going hiking. Looking forward to that!

Ok....I got to go!

Hugs to all :grouphug:

Jane
06-21-2007, 04:16 PM
Hi ladies,

Sue - what's a Webster? Must be a sweeper or Hoky of some sort. What kind of salad are you going to make? A 7-layer one makes up real nice a day ahead. I have to admit, I get my cut cauliflower florettes and onion slices from the grocery salad bar, lol. And I use the pre-cooked packaged bacon, the thick cut. Speaking of salads, have you ever used the diced canned potatoes (rinsed) for potato salad? Makes assembly go very fast, and is so good!

Marti - Happy Birthday to Jhanai! How does it feel that she's a teen now? Hiking sounds fun - is the trail a local one?

Hi to all. :wave:

Neal's den is all done. There is lots of memorbilia from his family and youth in there, which makes him smile.

We're going to the Eagles for dinner tonight. (the club, not the band, lol) My sisters and their sweeties are going to join us. They have a set dinner, no choices available, so I have to sort of guess at the calories, then adjust it later. The outcome will be the deciding factor of what kind of evening snack I get, lol.

Have a good evening, ladies!

FrouFrou
06-21-2007, 04:22 PM
Hello ladies...

MARTI...a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Jhanai!

SUE...woohoo on all the biking! :woohoo: Hope your mom feels better soon.

JANE...I would be a happy camper if I had my own room too! I have a little corner in the office, guess that counts, lol. V has his own room too (I got cheated I think, lol) it's the third garage. I should hang his fish and such out there, lol. His man stuff is in the office and I had some order to it all until we got stuff out of storage, lol! So what color is Neal painting his room and did you paint yours? I remember seeing your pictures of the guest room and the how pretty it was but can't remember if you had painted it.

HIYA JULES! :wave:

PINKJANE...I see about the cooking. There was a time I really enjoyed cooking and trying new things. I still like to try new things but hate spending much time in the kitchen.

HI everyone else :wave:

Another busy day. I need to make myself get up earlier everyday. Not sure why I have been feeling so tired/sleepy. By the time I am out the door and get back and get something done the day is almost over. Worked some on the yard today picking up rocks. V has a load in the back of his truck he is trying to find somewhere to get rid of them. Thought I had gotten most out of the yard but apparently not. We will be building a fence next weekend, ugh. I say ugh because of all the times for the weather to warm up it decides to this week. We are going to leave the sides open so the sprinkler and sod guys can get through. We are #5 on a list of 17. Went from #8 2 weeks ago to 5 now. We just may have a yard before summer is over, lol! Anyway...I got in 2 miles yesterday and it felt good.

Take care ladies :wave:

PinkSands
06-21-2007, 08:16 PM

Just got back online...we had a Tornado go through earlier about 3 miles south of here, which is plenty too close for me LOL...sirens have been going off all afternoon and the weather man says more storms all nite, fun, fun, fun...I walked earlier today before the storms started, I have visions of the power going off and me flying off the treadmill, not a pretty image LOL...that was the excitement for the week here...Hubby is doing his Wally World runs and not enjoying them LOL but he said Ohio is much better then when he gets stuck doing them in Jersey...the boy is off today and tomorrow so no taxi service till his softball games tomorrow nite...CSI is a rerun tonite so I am gonna have to find a movie to watch...cooking a turkey cutlet for my dinner tonite...well have a Good Evening All.

Jane - Honestly no I never miss home cooked...home cooked means I had to cook it LOL and I'd love to send you a postcard if you pass me your addy.

Pink Jane
Your next WDW vacation is 80 days away!

suetalks
06-21-2007, 09:39 PM
TAH DAH...I rode 7 miles today. Now if I can do that for a few weeks I will up it again. I didn't stay on 6 long enough and 7 sure kicked my butt.

I am off to the shower and might be back...but won't promise. :)

kehb
06-21-2007, 10:59 PM
Just a quick "Hello" to everyone. It's been a very long, but good, day. I've had both my son and my god-daughter with me today and will have the both of them until Sunday evening, so I'm not sure how often I'll get to post. They both keep me very busy.

Haven't excercised at all yet this week.....SHAME on me!!! But other than that, I've been doing ok.

Hope everyone else is doing good!!! :)

Oh, ETA that I got a pair of digital scales for my birthday. They measure down to the decimal. They are off from my old scales about a pound and a half (in the wrong direction :( ) So, my weight will probably go up at my next weigh in, just due to that alone. That stinks, but it's ok. I'll get a new baseline (sorta) and start again.

jules1216
06-22-2007, 09:30 AM
kehb--how old are the kids? Have fun!!

Sue--7 miles is good!! so proud of you!!

PinkSands--don't you hate reruns--does it seem the show seasons are shorter than they used to be???

Cristina--hey there to you too. have fun with the fence--careful you guys don't get too sore!!

Jane--the diced canned potatoes for potato salad is a good idea. I could actually do that and just make enough for me since hubby and kids don't like it or macaroni salad. They all are cold slaw people. Do you have good lo-cal recipie for potato salad?

Marti-Happy Bday to Jhani!!

Gotta get to the grocery store and then take dd to her sonogram to tell her exact due date.

FrouFrou
06-22-2007, 11:41 AM
Just a quick hi ladies. Gotta get rocks picked up out of the yard today before V gets home at 1:30. He found a place that takes gravel, rock and such from construction sites for free. He's been driving around with a heavy load already and we haven't even finished the yard! :yikes: So I am headed out to fill two wheel barrows for him. Just getting the really big rocks...ones that are from about the size of a ???? not really sure what to compare them too. Anyway, ones that are too big that you wouldn't want to run a lawn mower over. You would be amazed at the stuff they bury after building a house, oh my goodness. Anyway...gotta get going. Will be back later this evening or maybe tomorrow to do inidviduals.

Have a good day ladies!

suetalks
06-22-2007, 11:01 PM
Sorry I didn't get back last night. That ride DID kick my butt....lol. I only did a little over 4 miles today, due to visiting family and not getting home till almost dark. Anyway, I was determined to do a ride of some sort just to keep my legs in gear.

Jane- The Webster is a goofy looking large brush on a telescoping pole that I can reach the high ceilings with. Great for dusting fans, corners and just generally getting dust bunnies. No power needed...just arm power. :) The family has requested slaw, so that is easy. I have never used the canned potatoes for salad, but it sure sounds good/easy. I love the layered salad too...bacon, yum! (something we don't get much of)

Cristina- Boy, do I know what you mean about the rocks in the yard. We are still picking them up too. And on one end of the house DH saw the tip of a broken brick poking up so he dug it out, then there was another, and another...seems someone got the idea to bury a whole mess of broken bricks...only not very deep. Ugh... If he had hit that with the tiller he would have been soooo mad. :mad:

Jules- TY...I appreciate that. I am trying hard to work up to 8 pounds in the next week...then 10 by summer's end. I know it isn't a lot by the standards of REAL bikers...but for an over weight old lady it is plenty. Ha...

Marti- Hope the hiking went well. Happy birthday to your lovely TEENAGER.

Pink Jane- So scary about the tornado. Glad you are okay and in no danger. Being in IN I sure have seen what one of those twisters can do. We got a nice drenching thunderstorm this morning and it was much needed.

Kim- Kids can tire you out...and they are probably exercise in themselves. Love the scales....

Hello to all who are reading...thinking of all the JL's and wishing you a wonderful sunny summer.
I am still struggling with an eating plan.....getting the exercise in pretty well between riding and some weights. One day it will all "click."

Marti
06-22-2007, 11:29 PM
Hi gals...

Thought I would pop in quickly to see how you are all doing. I need to get some yard work done.....for some reason the weeds think I'm watering and feeding them!! :dizzy:

Hubby and I are going for a hike on Sunday. We wanted to go tomorrow but he won't be home until the wee hours of the morning and he needs some sleep. Plan on going for a bike ride later tomorrow though.

The hike is about an hour away from here. It's called "HeIIs Hole" (Exchange those i's to L's! :D ) And hubby went to it a few days ago and had fun and wants me to go this time. I'm looking forward to it.

Ok ladies...sorry I'm not doing indi's this time around....but I gotta get off the comp and get some work done.

Hugs to you all!! :hug:

Marti
06-23-2007, 03:43 PM
Howdy girls! :wave:

Well hubby decided to go hiking today after all so I'm waiting for him to get ready and then we're off.

I'll take some photos of the area and share some when we get back. This will be some great exercise that's for sure!

Hope you're all having a great weekend.

Chat w/you all later.

FrouFrou
06-23-2007, 06:21 PM
Hi everyone :wave:

PINKJANE...hope all is well where you live. I HATE tornadoes! Never been in one but I just hate the severe weather and hope I never see one. Lived in CA too long and I think I would prefer the earthquakes.

JULES...how did the sonogram go yesterday, or was it Thursday? Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

SUE...glad you are enjoyed visiting and again WTG on your biking. :carrot: We still have a lot of rocks to get but for the most part it is good. Didn't do much on the side because the guy is trying to get the dirt spread out between the houses so we both have good drainage and he is pushing more over here, ugh! Can't be helped though. But I am thinking about throwing them back over there, lol. Cole slaw sounds good, with some bbq.

MARTI...hope you guys are enjoying the hike. I would love to go hiking but with this hot weather, ick. Yesterday was a killer and it's only going to get worse. Spent too much time in the sun picking up rocks and then helping V get them out of his truck and it was humid. Next Friday we start a fence and sometime that weekend the pergola as well...I am going to be burned to a crisp!

HI KIM...hope you are enjoying your time with the kids. Yeah, it kind of sucks when you get new scales...been there, done that. Hopefully, yours won't be too much different.

HI JANE, MINDEE, SASSY, TAMMY, VANN, MARY KATE, JODI and everyone else. :wave:

Well, I spent the morning and half the afternoon cleaning house. I took the opportunity to do so since everyone was.is gone today. I love having a clean house and it's about time I cleaned it, lol! I've just been doing some dusting and straightening and of course vacuuming lately but not a real good cleaning. Washed rugs, cleaned the bathrooms, polished furniture, mopped the floors, and on and on. Now just doing my last load of laundry and getting ready to start dinner. I figure that is a good workout for sure. Too tired to walk anyway, lol. Monday, though, I am getting back on track with my walking and my water drinking. Anywho...

Hoping all is well with you all, and everyone is enjoying their weekend. :hug: :wave:

PinkSands
06-23-2007, 07:04 PM

Didn't get much chance to be on the comp yesterday, was out runnin around town all morning then we got another round of severe t'storms and tornados. I just made it home and got my groceries hauled in when it hit...but it did finally cool it down enough to turn the ac off last nite and open windows and today it's been cloudy and chilly LOL but the 90's are suppose to be back tomorrow...making some ceviche for my dinner...well have a Good Evening All.

Sue - Hey I hope that ride didn't kick your butt too much LOL

Cristina - I would take an earthquake anyday, I grewup in Cali and have been through many and they are a breeze compared to this stuff back here LOL

Pink Jane
Your next WDW vacation is 78 days away!

sz2atheart
06-23-2007, 07:11 PM
Happy Saturday Ladies!!

Wow, I've got so much to get caught up with...

Jane--Yes, I really will get my eyes done before my DD's wedding. Will probably cost about $5,000 and will go to the same doc that did my tummy tuck. The wedding will probably be spring of 09' so I figure I'll spend dh's bonus that he will get after New Years 08'. I'd love to get them done in the summer before I go to the beach so I can wear sunglasses without makeup and no one will recognize me anyway!! lol I read that you are considering WW again. I have found it so easy to do the points system. I didn't go last week for Sunday weigh-in because I was working night shift so we see how I do tomorrow. I'd love to have a veggie garden but my back yard is all shade :(

Jules--Love the baby crib set and the potential names!!

Sue--I haven't been on a bike in years. You should be so proud of yourself for all the miles you have ranked up! I have a webster too....nearly broke my neck once hanging over the stair rail trying to dust the foyer light, then realized that the dang thing extended a little longer!

Cristina--I know what you mean about the weather vs. outdoor projects. The second we had mulch delivered and wanted to stain our deck, the temps jumped into the 90's. You should have the buffest arms in the neighborhood slinging all those rocks around. I love a clean house too....cost me $80 every other week ;)

Pink Jane--:yikes: A tornado!!! Glad you are safe. I used to have an RV that we kept in a campground in Gettysburg, PA. Had a twister come through the campground and the weatherman was saying to get to a basement...duh, campers don't have basements....and to get out of trailers!! They it got really quite and I said to my sis...."Are we in the eye?" She laughed at me and said that we weren't in a hurricaine and that if we were in the eye of a twister, we would be doing an "Auntie Em" and flying through the sky! Opps, I guess not....but sure scared me to death.

Marti--Happy hiking!! Hope you have a beautiful weekend with nice weather.

Big hugs to everyone else...Mindee, Vann, Marykate, Kim, Jodi and whoever else I'm missing. I've been my usual busy self this week. Still reeling from my daughter's proposal and even though it's almost 2 yrs away, we are starting to plan. We have a meeting on 7/2 with the country club where we belong to see what they have to offer. Plans to go the Baltimore Bridal Show in August. All I know is I'm not going to spend $140 a person and get the meal that we got at a wedding just last night. It was a co-worker's son's wedding set in an old mansion close to the PA/MD line. The wedding was beautiful but not worth the $$$$ Still I overate and not looking foward to my weigh-in at WW tomorrow morning. At this moment, my dh's is yelling "Good Lord" and I had to see what he was remarking about....it was Paula Deen's Party show. She had a wheelbarrow of butter brought out to use for today's show!! Gonna sit and drool over what she makes. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

suetalks
06-23-2007, 10:36 PM
Tammy- Gotta love Paula and her butter. Had to laugh about your webster fiasco...I didn't know how much it extended either when I first used it. I climbed a ladder when I didn't need to. :) I forgot to say congrats to your DD on her engagement. That was so cool. You and she will be busy for 2 years...but it will take that if you are planning a big wedding.

Cristina- Take care on all that rock gathering. Not easy on the back, that's for sure. Yes, I am loving visiting and also my biking. I just wish I would drop some pounds..geeze. Anyway, my legs are getting stronger and more toned.

Pink Jane- Got cooler here today also...and rained all day. I rode 3 miles this morning and got sprinkled on. It was pouring all evening and I didn't get any more riding in.

Marti- Hope the hike was fun...and not too hard.

Baked a cake and made the slaw for tomorrow. I will make lemonade in the morning. My SIL is grilling and DD is doing vegs. Should be fun. *fingers crossed it doesn't rain.*
I cleaned bathrooms and floors today and did 2 loads of laundry. With the cooking of dinner and for tomorrow.....not much else.

Hope you are having a great week-end and will have a terrific relaxing Sunday.

tommysgirl18
06-24-2007, 03:20 AM
Hello everyone! It has been a long time since I have been on here and a lot of things have happened since then!

To start with, we ended up taking Marissa to the hospital when she was 3 weeks old. We took her for her three day check up in the office and she was 6lbs. 18oz. We then took her in on the 14th of May for her 2 week check up (which she was actually almost 3 weeks old) and she weighed 5lbs. 15oz on the scale in the doctorís office. He was going to send us home with some high calorie formula and then have us bring her back in a week to check her weight. He came back from bringing us the formula samples and convinced us to take her into the hospital for a couple of days so that they could check on her there. That was a Monday night, and we hadnít eaten dinner yet and we were trying to figure out what we were going to do with the boys. I had called my mom and told her what was going on and her and my dad came down and picked up the boys. They spent a week up at grandma and papa farmsí house. Tuesday, the 15th, she weighed in at 6lbs. 6oz. Wednesday, the 16th, which was suppose to have been our release date, she weighed 6lbs. 9oz when they weighed her in the morning. The pediatrician came in to check on her and said that he wanted to watch her over night because she has playing games with her breathing and heart rate. She would breath for a little bit and the stop, then she would pick it back up again. She had gotten her pulse down to 3 a couple of times, so they were worried about that. When they weighed her on Thursday morning, the 17th, she was 7lbs. 2oz. Tuesday morning we went down and got an upper GI on done her, which is where they give the patient the barium to drink and then they take x-rays of them drinking it. They diagnosed her with a slight bit of reflux and sent her home with a prescription for Zantac. She was on that for 15 days and has been a lot better! They also had me giving her milk based formula, which I kept asking for the soy version of it and they could never find it. Finally, her pediatricianís neonatalogist (sp?) partner came to see her and said that she had an immature suck/spit when she ate. So she told me that she would bring back up some of the soy formula for Marissa to eat when she came back after her delivery she had to attend. She never did come back up but I did make them get me the soy formula. She has been on it ever since and she is doing great. I was able to breast feed her until just before we went into the hospital.

The boys, like I mentioned above, went and stayed at my mom and dadís house from the Monday to the Saturday. We went up and picked them up and the first thing that they did was run to daddy! While they were up there, they never gave my mom any problems about going to bed, which I knew Logan wouldnít give her any problems. But Brandon never did, he was usually asleep by 8pm I think my mom said. Then we brought them back home and tried to keep them on the same schedule as they were on up there, but of course it didnít happen! Brandon has been wanting to sit on the potty a lot more since being up there.

Once we got them back home and got resituated back into the feeding every 2 hours, then upping it to every 3 hours and now she is up to every 4 hours. We had to send out lap top to HP to get it checked out. They checked it out and then sent it back to us. When Tommy sent it to them, he had put the two keys that popped off on a piece of paper and asked them to please put them back on for us. When we got it back, not only had they NOT put the keys back on, BUT another key was popped off and there were scratches on the top of it. Tommy called HP immediately like they ask you to do and the guy put it into the computer and told Tommy that a case manager would call him in the next day or two. The case manager called him the next day and told Tommy that he is going to send out a box for us to turn around and ship it right back to them. We did that and just got it back yesterday, June 12th. They told Tommy before he even sent it out the first time that they would fix it and it would all be covered under the warranty. We get it back and it isnít fixed because they wanted $800 to fix it! That is when he called them back again after he noticed the third key and the scratches. Now, we have a new keyboard on the lap top, but we canít use it when we want to type anything because the number lock button is stuck on. So, we are back to using the external keyboard.

Marissa was at the doctorís office on the 23rd of May for a weight check after being released from the hospital and she was 6lbs. 11oz on their scale. It baffled the doctor at first because she was 7lbs. 2oz when we left the hospital. But when they weighed her that morning, they weighed her with her outfit, blankets, and leads for the heart monitor on instead of in just a diaper. So, he wanted us to make an appointment for a week later. He wanted to see her every week until she topped 7lbs on their scale. We took her back in on the 30th and she was a whopping 7lbs. 11oz. She gained a full pound in one week! So, now they want to see her back on July 2nd for another weight check and for her 2 month check up. We looked into getting her ears pierced. The place we went to at the mall said that she has to be 3 months old, up to date on all her shots, and to get the 14 carat gold instead of the 10 carat so that they donít get infected.

Besides all thatÖ..we have had an adventure on our hands with Brandon. We figured out that he is acting out/jealous ever since Marissa was born/brought home. We spend the same amount of time with him that we do with Logan and Marissa so we are baffled as to why he would start now. He has flooded our bath room twice. After the first time we put hook and eye latches on the doors. He managed to pop the one for the bath room and proceed to flood it again, five days after the first time. So, after the second time, and asking to have the maintenance guy come over and be told that he didnít think it was that much of an emergency to come over and unlock the bathroom door for us. Tommy went out and bought some key locks. So, now Tommy jokes that it feels like we have to go to the bathroom at the gas station because we need a key to get in. He jokes about putting a hub cap on the guests key. I woke up one morning to hearing Marissa gasping for breath and when I opened my eyes I saw Brandon sitting with his leg laying on her throat. So needless to say if I have to walk out of the room I take her with me or make it so that I can see her if I am only going to be a second. Both Brandon and Logan have already picked her up out of the basinet and then looked at me as if I was insane for asking them why they did it. Just the other day Brandon actually picked her up and climbed off the couch and walked her a couple steps to me. Needless to say, I am sure me and Tommy have each had a couple minor heart attacks after seeing these things happen.

Me and Tommy are doing great! Things have been hairy between Marissa being in the hospital and then dealing with Brandon acting out/being jealous. We have a date planned for the 22nd. Some friends of ours are going to watch the kids so that we can go out on a date. Tommy got voucher passes for tickets to go see Ted Nugent, so it should be fun.

I think that about wraps things up. If not, or if something else interesting happens, I will be on here to put in an update.

hello to every one! welcome to the new members I hope to get to know you all better.

BTW, I am back on here now. we got things situated again, so now we have the lap top and internet back!

tommysgirl18
06-24-2007, 03:23 AM
I have attached some recent pictures. one is a recent picture of Marissa and the other one is our updated family picture!

Marti
06-24-2007, 02:19 PM
Hi gals...

I thought I would pop in quickly (again, I know....sorry) and post a couple of photos if it'll let me.

Trying to get an attachment here...........

We had a lot fun yesterday. I had no idea that it was a place where they don't want people to explore due to how fragile some of the ground is. Some of the photos I took I was laying on my belly ontop a rock and stretching my arms out to get view of the bottom. The views were spectacular!!

Now, have any of you hear of Geocache? Apparently their are some people or a person, who hides a box w/some stuff inside and then puts the coordinates to where the box is located online. Since we were going up in the mountains Hubby wanted to see if we'd be near anything like that. And we were. And we (actually he) found it! It was so cool. Like a massive egg hunt. Inside the box were some things people left behind. And there is a notebook for you to sign and write something in when you find the box. I guess if you take something out of the box, you must leave something. We took nothing but left a little key and some change.
If any of you are into stuff like that, I would highly recommend looking in your area and go out and have some fun!

Let see if I can catch up a little.

Mindee--Poor baby!! I'm happy to hear that she's doing much better.

Sue--I'm still struggling too!! And yes...one day it WILL "click".

Tammy--I've seen that episode of Paula. Didn't they bring out a sculpture of her head in butter at the end??

PinkJane--Stay safe in those crazy storms! I hate reading about those in the paper.

Cristina--The weather was cloudy yesterday and I was actually worried it would rain. But it cleared up and it was perfect.

Jules--Did you find out the exact due day yet??? What about the sex? Did you find that out yet and I missed it??

Kim--I got a nice digital scale around my birthday too. Almost scarey seeing the exact weight!! But keeps me accountable to the damage or good I do!

Jane--How is your week w/out the grandgirls?? Or have they left yet??

Vann--How are you doing being settle back home? Taking advantage of family time?

Jodi--Hey there??? Everything ok? Pop back in soon and tell us how you're doing!

Sassy--You've got to have heard from the Dr by now. What is the word?

MaryKate--Ok...are you still at WDW???

Tina--Did your DD make it to the top 10?

Hello to the rest of you gals out there. Sorry if I missed anyone.

Ok...so this wasn't a quicky as I had thought it would be. Attaching photos was not easy! Took forever so I'm only attaching 2.
Take care and have a great Sunday.

Jane
06-24-2007, 02:30 PM
Hi ladies,

Marti - how'd the hike go? Are you sore today? Taking in consideration the name of the trail, I thought it would be a tough one, lol.

Jules - I've tried some "lite" potato salads, but have to admit I'd rather have a smaller amount of the real deal. I don't make it very often at all, and send home the leftovers with comapany when I do make it, to take away the temptation. When's the due date? All of us cyper-aunties are dying to know!

Cristina - Neal painted his den country blue, about 3 feet up, then put up some "guy" border of a father and son camping, and deer by a river. All picked out my moi, of course, lol. My craft room is done in pick and green. I have to confess that I went out and bought a flat panel TV for in there. Now we have 5 TVs for 2 people! One in his den, my craft room, the bedroom, the living room, and the master bath. :dizzy: I'm usually getting out of the shower about the time David Letterman is coming on, and don't like to miss many of his monolouges. He's a lot nicer since he bacame a dad.

Sue - hope you aren't getting rained out today. We've needed the rain so badly that I'm very glad to see it. The melons are ready here in Knox County! I've got a telescoping duster, too, but I don't think it's the same brand as yours. Like you, I love it.

PinkJane - as Cristina said, I'm glad you're safe. Got your PM. Thanks for the info. :) I tell ya, the wait for WDW is killin' me!

Tammy - I think if I ever got to my goal weight, I'd want my arm flaps trimmed off. They are flappy now, and I shudder at the thought of what they will be at a much lower weight. :yikes:

Mindee - glad all is well with Marissa now. Love your family photo.

A big hello to Mary Kate, Jodi, Vann, and anyone else reading this. :wave:

It's been raining off and on for several days, so the internet satellite has been off and on, too. Mostly off! Katie and Clint are coming for supper later today, and I'm looking forward to that. She's been sick, and he's been taking good care of her.

I'm missing Mary and her family. They will be back from Mississippi next weekend, and I'm needing some hugs and kisses from the DGDs!

Have a great day!

Jane
06-24-2007, 02:34 PM
Marti - love the photos, but I'd rather have seen one of you on your belly looking over the cliff, lol!! :D

jules1216
06-24-2007, 04:11 PM
Hi all--the computer has been acting up and kicking both of us off. It seems to be ok finally.

Well, the sonogram dating says December 24th. DD said the baby is going to have to be either early or late cause she doesn't want a Christmas baby. It was so need to see the pictures on screen. She was 13 weeks and 4 days on Friday. We find out the sex around week 20 so we have some time though it is killing us to wait.

DS & the girlfriend I love are on a break. Their differences are turning out to be bigger than the things in common and they have grown apart and want different things in their lives. They are both seeing other people and it is breaking my heart cause I really do love her. He has been talking to a girl that he was really good friends with in 7th grade before we moved. She actually helped us move and they eventually lost touch. I used to call her my future daughter in law because I actually really like her too and her and Ry have a lot in common. I don't know what will happen.

DH just threw a major temper tantrum because I wouldn't ride with him to the tractor supply. It's times like this that make me see why DS and the gf are not working out--we have grown apart too.

Well gotta go, I will try to bbl.

suetalks
06-24-2007, 07:33 PM
Good Sunday evening ladies. I am having such a good day....and week. Love life!
DD and her family from CA spent the day here today along with the local DD and 1 of her younguns. DGS, who I haven't seen in a year, (7) hugged me when he first saw me and said "You smell so good, like buble-gum." I had to chuckle. He is a sweetie...but then all my "grands' are sweeties. :) He is the baby. We had a nice afternoon.
I rode my bike 31 miles from last Sun. thru Sat. And I am starting this week with a 7 mile ride today. (don't know why I got started on a Sun., but oh, well) If the rain would STOP I could ride more, but boy, did we need it. And the yard is looking so nice and green again.
Going to TRY to really do the food thing this week. I have been having no snacks after dinner this last week. Want to continue that and add to it....no fried foods. *wish me luck*

Marti- Those pictures are awesome. I want to hike there! SOunds like such a great time.

Jules- Sorry about DS and his girlfriend. I know how you feel. My DS was engaged to a girl he grew up with and she moved to CA to be with him. Now they have parted ways. I hate that because I always joked with him that he needed to come back here and get a hometown girl. :( Now he is a little soured on women in general.

Jane- It did rain earlier and then turned pretty nice this afternoon. We were able to use both porches and have windows open. Just a nice breeze, but not sunny. If the melons are ready down there we will be able to buy good ole Indiana melons now instead of the "imports." Yummmmmmmeeee.

Mindee- Whew! You have had a rough time of it. And poor Marissa. Thank goodness everything is on the upswing now. Sorry Brandon is giving you such fits, but hey, he's a kid, that's his job. (and it will last about 18-19 years)

Gotta scoot and make a light snack and call it dinner for the 3 of us. Otherwise I will be eating way too late. And I sure don't need much after today. :)

Have a good Monday ya'll.

PinkSands
06-24-2007, 07:41 PM

Whew just got off the treadmill, I think it's on it's last legs the belt stopped in mid stride LOL at least now I know I won't go flying if the power goes off...may have to invest in a new one this one is 20 yrs old so I think it's probably time LOL...Hubby called he is on his last day of Wally World runs and was heading to Detroit, his luck it'll be Jersey next LOL...cloudy and cool again today I think we made it up to 73...have a chicken breast with some mrs dash teriyaki marinade on it for my dinner tonite...well have a Good Evening All.

Tammy - Congrats to your daughter..I bet that 2 yrs will seem to go quick with all that has to be done.

Sue - I hope the rain stayed away for your bbq...sounds yummy too!!!

Mindee - Welcome Back...Glad Marissa is doing better..Cute pics

Marti - Gorgeous pics, looks like a great place to hike but I am with Jane a pic of you hanging over would have been classic LOL

Jane - LOL I bet it is

Jules - Sounds like it's going to be a Holiday baby one way or another LOL...Congrats and sorry to hear about Hubby's tantrum

Pink Jane
Your next WDW vacation is 77 days away!

Marti
06-25-2007, 12:56 AM
Evening ladies...

I'm so tired. Worn out is more like it. Hubby and I went for a bike ride. We rode a total of 22 miles. :dizzy: I had no idea how long the path was around the river here......but apparently what we rode was 22 miles worth. I will be one sore girl come tomorrow!!

Jane--The hike was pretty easy. I actually prefer hiking over biking. I think because my tush doesn't particularly like the bike seat! :lol: As for getting a photo of me on my belly....maybe I'll have James take on the next time we go. We want to go back there and actually hike down into the hole. Also want to bring a trinket to leave in the box.

Jules-- :hug: I'm really sorry to hear about your hubby throwing a tantrum over a little thing like that. Hope things get better for the two of you. As for DGB's due date.....even if she does have it on Christmas, she'll love the date. It'll be her special Christmas gift. Will this be her first baby?

Sue--Oh how wonderful that you got to see your DGS after a year. I'm sure he must have looked so grown up since the last time you seen him. How cute about the bubble gum comment. We're you chewing gum??

PinkJane--Your treadmill has lasted 20yrs?? Wow...that's one good treadmill. What brand is it? Your dinners always sound so good. I've been playing around more w/cooking on the grill. Usually it's James who does the cooking but since we've gotten the grill.....I tend to be wearing the apron. Chicken is my favorite. I may try grilling some soon.

Hello to all you other gals out there! :wave:

Oh goodness....I have got to go to bed. I'm sore and tired. I'll sleep like baby that's for sure.

Hugs to you all!:hug:

tommysgirl18
06-25-2007, 01:44 AM
hello ladies....it is so nice to be back online and back on here! I was going bananas without internet!

Marissa is doing much better with eating now. Right now, she is up to 5 1/2 ounces every four hours....so it won't be much longer before she wants to jump up to six ounces. she is also showing interest in dropping her 2am bottle...so when she goes to the doctors in a couple weeks we will ask about dropping it. right now she has a little bit of a cold due to the weather being really weird. so we are giving her medicine for that.

Brandon and Logan are doing great! Brandon is really showing interest in going potty on the potty. Logan woke up from his nap on Sunday afternoon and needed a bath right away. He undid his diaper and played in his poop....which he has never done before. Brandon has been doing that when he has a poopy diaper, so we know where Logan picked it up from.

I am really into walking at night with Tommy and the kids. We have been trying to take a walk every night after dinner. Right now, we try to walk when we go somewhere since we live near the water, and at night the fish flies come out in swarms! If we do decide to walk after dinner, we make sure that we don't leave the porch light on and we get home before it gets dark.

Marti~ Those are great pics! I have never heard of Geocache but it sounds like it is a lot of fun!

how are you all doing?

Jane
06-25-2007, 10:59 AM
Happy Monday, ladies,

Jules - I know what you mean about the kids breaking up with someone you like. Every one of my kids dated someone that I truly thought of as family, then broke up. It was always for the best in the long run, but at the time it feels weird. Sorry about you and the DH. Hope things are better there. So, 12/24, huh? What a special Christmas gift!

Sue - I absolutely must have a snack in the evening, or I can't sleep. My favorite is oatmeal. I save calories/points for it, and have lost very well in the past while having that around 8:30 or 9. Everybody's different, though. So glad you're having a nice visit with DD and grandkids.

PinkJane - you'll love the digital features on the new treadmills. I agree with Marti, yours must have been a very good one to last 20 years!

Marti - wow, I'm proud of you going 22 miles. As for the seat, you can buy a more comfortable one in a bike shop. Just a thought.

Mindee - yeah, those bugs around a porch light are a pain. We have a yellow bulb, but it doesn't really help much.

Today I have to clean the bathrooms and the kitchen, pick up a few groceries, and do some paperwork.

What's on your agenda for the day?

suetalks
06-25-2007, 12:24 PM
My agenda for today is to take mom for an MRI. So I will probably spend lots of time sitting in the office reading. :)
It is warm and humid here already, but I got a 3 mile ride done. Now if I can do the 4 tonight.
Otherwise, I am washing sheets and made beds. That's about it.

Jane- I know if I would eat the right things I could eat later, but I tend to go for salty snacks or ice cream. So, I am better off not doing it at all. Last week I always had little bit of something about 7:30 when Jeopardy came on. Then I drink water or Crystal Light if I want anything later. A few nights I felt deprived, but it passed. If I am really hungry I will try the oatmeal or cereal..sounds good.

Marti- I am so jealous...22 miles...and you didn't have to work UP to it gradually. Way to go! I feel blessed when I can go 7 miles in a day...ha.

Mindee- And it is nice to have you back! I think the walks with the whole family are great. Such a special time and it will also teach the kids to want to take walks...very healthy. Can't give advice on the "poop-capades".....I never had a child do that. :)

Pink Jane- Yes, the rain stayed away and we had a great day. We are supposed to get showers off and on all week, which is okay since we have no outdoor activities planned. Hope you can get a new treadmill. Everytime I look at your ticker and see how much you have lost I am amazed and think "YAY Pinkie."

Okay..better run and get ready to go. Mom and I both like to leave way early...hate to be late. (We've been told we will be early for our own funeral.) And I've been known to drive around the block a time or two just to avoid being too early. heehee

Marti
06-25-2007, 12:51 PM
Morning ladies--

Well I'm not as sore today as I thought I would be, still achy though.

Sue--I thought we'd be riding a short ride. I wanted to start slow and easy. Hubby said that we should be fine going around the river one side and coming back the other side. Only thing is he didn't tell me how long it was! (I should have know though.....it IS a river!) :lol:

Jane--I have these shorts that I usually wear under my riding pants that has padding just for biking. And James has said that we should get seat w/cushion for me. Well....if he wants me to continue riding long rides, I better see a new cushioned seat soon!

Mindee--Go online and look up Geocache. (I hope I'm spelling that right) We were trying to find some on our bike trip...apparently there a lot of them hidden along the bike trail. We were just unsuccessful. Plus, we didn't want to look like a couple of crazies rooten through brush w/long sticks! :dizzy:

Morning to the rest of you gals. I think I'm going to have to go back to using photobucket to share photos. Trying to attach them is taking so much time. But here is one of me and James that we took while on the hike.

Have a great day ladies!

suetalks
06-25-2007, 12:56 PM
Marti- LOVE the picture. You are both great looking...
I meant to tell you that I got a seat with gel pads and it is a larger seat than some. Cost 24.99 for the complete seat and has bigger springs. They had just gel covers also if you don't want to change the size of the seat.
Plus...no, I wasn't chewing gum..DGS just thought I smelled like bubble gum. I guess it was my body mist...tropical scent. LOL

Okay..I'm outta here.

PinkSands
06-25-2007, 06:54 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies:wave:

Well she clanged and banged for about 5 mins then evened out and I got my 60 mins in...I've looked all over the silly thing and there's nothing with a brand on it, just an 800 number to call for parts but it's not in service LOL...it's a dinosaur, ugly beige color with a hand crank to speed it up or slow it down and if you want an incline you have to turn it on it's side and take the pins out and raise the legs LOL I just leave it on an incline, I've walked all the tread off the belt you should see the bottom of my walking shoes LOL, told Hubby it's about to give up the ghost on me so now I need to decide on a treadmill or elliptical...decisions decisions LOL well I gotta get around, the boy gets off a 6 today and will need a ride...Have a Good Evening All.

Pink Jane
Your next WDW vacation is 76 days away!

jules1216
06-25-2007, 08:00 PM
PinkJane--I for one like the elliptical--it's easier on my shins and knees but I have come to like the treadmill at the gym too so I am of no help at all to you for input on your decision

Sue--at least ds and gf parted while they are still friends. They always end up back together so who knows. I do like the girl he is talking to now too from wat back--she is a sweetie too. She is more artistic and creative like ds which is their common thread--they are writing songs and poetry together--she has got a beautiful voice too--the two of their voices blend well together . There were a couple of girls that let him know that they were interested that I would have had to hurt him if he spent any time as more than friends with

Marti--your pictures make me want to go hiking--when the kids were little we used to go somewhere and hike every Saturday--most of the time with a few of their friends and some other families with kids. You and your dh make such a cute couple!! Dh is home today with the gout which explains why he was so grumpy yesterday. It is dd's first baby, my first grandbaby, we will find out what she is having in around 6 to 8 weeks--I for one can't wait!!

Jane--she is truly a wonderful girl and I hope she finds the happiness she deserves--they really are growing in different directions and I would hate to see them end up hating each other. So what is your canned diced potato salad recipie??

Mindee--so glad Marissa is doing better--the boys I used to babysit weren't allowed to go to the bathroom alone together because they would have contests to see which one could pee the highest up the wall!! You have such a cute family!!

Hi to everyone else-I am going to take a nice bath and finish reading my book!!

sz2atheart
06-25-2007, 08:38 PM
Marti...what a great looking couple!! I had to do a double take...you are the spitting image of Sara Evans. I just asked my dd who you looked like, without giving any hints and she immediately said...Sara Evans!! Didn't know we had a celebrity look-alike here!!

Tiring day at work and just wanna shower, curl up with TV or a book and get to bed early. Talk to ya'll later. Oh!!!! I lost another 1.4 lbs!!!

suetalks
06-25-2007, 10:15 PM
Whew! Got the extra 4 miles ridden, even though it got so humid. Did pretty well today, all considering. We had leftover slaw, salad and smoked turkey for dinner. Too hot to eat much anyway.
DD is going to be here again tomorrow and then we do breakfast w/ them Wed. They fly out Fri. evening, same as us. Different destinations. :)

Hope you all had a nice day. Hi Jules and Tammy. Great loss Tammy.

FrouFrou
06-25-2007, 11:37 PM
Just a quick HI...having trouble with the computer. Actually, not the computer but with 3fc. Seems every time they do updates/change servers, etc...I have problems with getting on. I post a few times and then it just goes goofy...and pages won't come up...says there are errors on the page. Normally I would think it is AOL but, it's only 3fc that I have problems with. Sometimes it's just not worth it...too frustrating to say the least. Anyone else having problems since the changes? Just curious...anyway...

Well, hope everyone had a great day. Maybe I will try tomorrow.

tommysgirl18
06-26-2007, 12:48 AM
hello ladies!

nothing new here.....just taking it one day at a time. Marissa still has a little bit of a cold. I am thinking of taking her into the doctor's on Tuesday night. Tommy leaned over her to give her a kiss a little bit ago, and he said that it sounded like she was wheezing a little bit and congested. So, we will take things one day at a time. I have been giving her some medicine for her runny nose and sneezing.

Brandon and Logan are doing good. they are more into playing with each other now. they will proceed to bang their heads (a thing they picked up from one of my younger brothers when we were up at my moms house last weekend) when they get mad/frustrated or don't get their way.

Jane~ I am just happy that when the fish fly season starts, the apartment complex will turn off all outside lights to try to keep them at bay. It seems to help except for those that live upstairs...they have lights in the hall ways and the window doesn't have a cover on them. It was hot today so I tried to keep the light in the dining room off as long as I could so I could try to avoid them clinging to the screen door. It didn't happen though....I forgot to have Tommy close it right after he got inside. So, we have some clinging onto the siding outside the door.

Marti~ Great picture of you and James! I will definitely have to check it out! I am going to be online a lot in the future months. Our lease here is up on Halloween, and we are tossing around the ideas of either moving then closer to his work or staying here until Spring and moving then. Plus, I am going to get the kids' (Logan and Marissa's) baptisms set up with my mom. A friend of hers is married to a pastor. We would take them to the church that we are members of, but the minister won't baptism unless we are there every Sunday. Which we would like to be....but on some days, it just seems too far fetched to do.

Jules~ That cracks me up about the two boys! Brandon likes to hold his pee until he gets into the bath tub, then he tries to see if he can pee on Logan if they are in there together. The other day I had to wash Logan twice!

As much as I hated the thing, I really miss the exercise bike that I had when we used to live at my sister's old house! I had a lot of fun on that thing. Most of the time I just grabbed my book that I was reading at the time or grabbed my cd player and some cds.

suetalks
06-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Good afternoon ladies. Boy, it is hot out there. And humid as only Indiana can get. I rode 3 miles, but don't know how much more I will be able to do. I am planning to do strength later...note: planning. haha
DD and her DH were here for the morning. As much as I love all of my "grands" I enjoy an adult conversation where I can ask questions ABOUT the grands..and the family's life in general. It was nice. The little ones don't want to get out of the pool to go anywhere anyway. So that worked out nicely.
Getting ready to iron a few pieces so I can start packing for Vegas.....if nothing changes this time. I even called and got 2 nights in a hotel booked for after our place is emptied out. (and got them free..yay!)

Life is good and I feel healthy...hope you do too.

Jane
06-26-2007, 04:17 PM
Hi ladies,

Sue - so why did your mom get an MRI? Nothing serious, I hope. You are crazy for riding your bike in this heat and humidity my dear! I don't even like to go out to the mailbox down our little lane in this heat, lol. YAY for free lodging.

Marti - love the photo, and I forgot to comment on the Geocache yesterday, but that sounds like tons of fun! I've always loved a scavenger hunt and this sounds as fun as that. I once led Neal on a hunt with clues placed around town, and we ended up ... well, I'll tell you on the phone someday, hahahaha!

PJ - since you said I can call you what I want, I think I'll try this out for a while. I gotta tell you, I was always a huge fan of the treadmill, until I got my elliptical. The foot doc said the tm had to go, so that's why I switched. Anyway, because there is no motor, it's lighter and cheaper, too. Mine was $212 + tax at Walmart, and it's real nice. Just a thought.

Jules - here's the potato salad recipe you asked for. I don't dare put it in the recipes sticky, because it's not a healthy choice. Eaten in moderation, though, it's not lethal. It's yummy, and easy, too.

Potato Salad

1 1/2 cups regular Miracle Whip
1 Tablespoon white vinegar
1 Tablespoon mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 cans diced potatoes, rinsed and drained
2 ribs celery, chopped
1/2 cup diced onion
3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped

In a large mixing bowl, make a sauce of the Miracle Whip, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir well. Add the potatoes, celery, onion, and eggs. Gently fold together, blending well. Chill completely, preferably overnight.

Makes 8 cups, 180 calories per each 1/2 cup. I usually limit this to 1/3 cup, 120 calories. I take this to carry-ins, potlucks, etc. and am always asked for the recipe. Hope you like it!

Tammy - YAY for the loss! :cp:

Cristina - Hmmmm....I haven't had a problem at all with 3fc, and will be curious to read if any of the others have. If so, I'll see if I can take care of it, ok?

Mindee - hope the little one is better soon.

Well, I was supposed to get the carpet cleaned today, but the guy who does it is sick. The company was going to send someone else, but I said no way. I really like our guy - he's thorough. Dale's niece chewed up red crayon and spit it on the floor on Father's Day, and it won't come out! I just home it will come out for the pro. It only take a couple of hours to dry, so at least that's good.

As I mentioned to Sue, it's so hot and humid here, that I have stayed indoors. I'm really missing the kids. :( Neal and I may go karaoking tonight and I think that would cheer me a bit.

Have a good one!

PinkSands
06-26-2007, 05:05 PM
O M G it's HOT!!!!

My AC went out last nite at 10 and the manager said tough luck until today, what a sweetheart, NOT...the guy came and I told him it kept making the power surge and he checked and it was tripping the breaker so he called his boss and said it had to go...so he is installing a new one this afternoon Woo Hoo LOL he said the new one should be alot more energy efficient, the old one was from when they built the place back in the 70's...it's 90 outside and 88 in here and no breeze so I am gonna park myself in by the fan till he gets the new one in..back later:wave:

Pink Jane

jules1216
06-26-2007, 07:22 PM
I just lost my very long post (so yes Cristina I have been having problems too!)

Thanks for the recipie Jane--I will only do one can of potatoes at a time so I will half the recipie.

I will bb some other time to do everyone else!!

suetalks
06-26-2007, 11:20 PM
It rained and cooled off a little late today. I got in 3 more miles on the bike. Just could not go that last mile for some reason. I was pooped. 20 miles in 3 days makes me smile just the same.
Got the clothes ready to pack except a few things I will wash on Thurs.
I got some bbq beef out of the freezer and had that with brussel sprouts for dinner. If I over did anything today it was bread....I forgot that I had eaten a slice of toast AND cereal this a.m. so had a little too much for dinner. I am getting better about my choices again, just need to watch the amounts. I am hoping that Vegas doesn't screw me up AGAIN. It is only 2 weeks this time, not months....thank goodness. And we will be really busy, so I should do okay. I will just miss my exercise more than anything.

Pink Jane- I would hate to be without a/c in this heat. Hope you got the new one in and got cooled off. We sat on the porch when it was raining and you could just feel the temp. go down.

Jane- I know...I am really careful about not over doing in this heat. When I ride it is in the shade and usually feels cooler. But believe me if I start getting too hot I quit. DH and Mom both tell me I am white as a ghost after my rides as it is. I don't know why I do that, but I lose all color. I am naturally very pale anyway, but it gets worse. Hope karaoke was fun.

Happy hump day ladies...........

tommysgirl18
06-27-2007, 01:54 AM
hello ladies!

It was so hot out on Tuesday that we had all the blinds closed, the front door closed and the a/c on! I was able to open the blinds at least to get some light in here and the place stayed cool with the a/c off. we took the kids to the doctor's office. Brandon and Marissa just have colds right now. Brandon was 32 pounds, but I think their scale was off. Marissa was 10 pounds right on the nose.

I hope every one was able to stay cool during this heat wave!

PinkSands
06-27-2007, 07:10 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies:wave:

Just got off the treadmill thought I would check in...We now have a brand new air conditioner Woo Hoo LOL only it's been so cool today I didn't need to turn it on...went shopping in Des Moines last nite with my daughter, didn't get home till 9 then had to cook my dinner so I didn't get a chance to check back in...going to see the new Die Hard movie tomorrow with the boy, I can't wait I am a huge Die Hard fan! well I have towels to fold and my dinner to cook, Have a Good Evening All.

Pink Jane
Your next vacation is 74 days away!

suetalks
06-27-2007, 09:50 PM
Busy day but I got in a 4 mile ride in spite of the rain.
Hope you all had a nice day.

Jane
06-27-2007, 10:14 PM
See you at #257. :)