40-Somethings - Hi, I'm jumping in the water!

View Full Version : Hi, I'm jumping in the water!

hopingtobehopeful
06-19-2007, 12:21 PM
Just want to introduce myself before jumping in on the 47 thread.

Iíve always struggled with my weight, sometimes successfully, sometimes not so much. My low was 137 (for like a week a decade ago) and my high is today (202). For many years I hung in around 165 and was always able to lose a quick 10 pounds for a special event. Things have changed in the last 18 monthsÖ..

My dad died after a long illness then, and my weight crept up to 175. I struggled to get it back down but with little success. Then last September, I moved in with my mom in a different state to help her out and switched jobs. Quit smoking (!). Hit Peri menopause, which stinks by the way:mad:! 27 pounds later, here I am.

I am having a hard time working up the effort to eat less. My problem lately is portion size. And I am an emotional eater. I am also fairly lonely :( here in this new town but have lately been reaching out. I know being around more people will have me caring again.

I have not put forth a real weight loss plan in a couples of years. Iíve been operating on the ďNo food is badĒ plan. And while thatís true for many, not so true for me. I need to eat like a human again! And cut out the big lunches and desserts!

My goal is 35 pounds lost by Christmas (and a cruise! :cool:) Thatís 1.5 a week and I donít think thatís too much to ask of myself :carrot:!

Love you all :dizzy: ! Hope

Clue0983
06-19-2007, 12:46 PM
Welcome!!

ladybugnessa
06-19-2007, 12:57 PM
welcome...

Slashnl
06-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Sounds like a workable plan! I hope you are successful! Welcome to the group!

Clydegirl
06-19-2007, 11:39 PM
Welcome Hope:welcome3:

Jump in and chat any time.

Janny O
06-20-2007, 03:20 PM
Welcome to our little piece of the world!!! You can do this!!! Plus-you'll feel marvelous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Best wishes and post often!
-Jan

hopingtobehopeful
06-20-2007, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the support! I'm on day 2 and still motivated LOL. Please, Dear Lord, help me through the day! :D