WW Clubs and Groups - #184 Bale of Turtles Doing Great!

View Full Version : #184 Bale of Turtles Doing Great!

Itryharder
06-19-2007, 12:16 PM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchick.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other suppoolrt. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
06-19-2007, 12:17 PM
Beautiful day here in NY and my attitude is soaring with a bit of success.
:bravo: to us all for doing the right thing even when it's not easy.
Judy
234.6/222/thinner onto onederland :cool:

Ariana2000
06-19-2007, 03:50 PM
Ladies -- well, I'm all wrapped up for the vacation, and I don't have enough time to start something new, so I thought I'd stop by. I am exhausted today -- I ended up working until 9 pm last night, so I didn't get into bed until 12, and I only got 5 or 6 hours of sleep...but I'm leaving for home in 15 minutes, so hopefully I'll get to go to sleep early tonight, so that I can be fresh and rested for my first day of vacation tomorrow. :) I'm looking forward to it, even though I only have 4 flex points left until Friday AM. :eep: I think I'm going to run over, but I will track dilligently, even if I can't stay in my point target, and stick to one treat a day and bring my healthy snacks, and see what happens. Wish me luck. :)

Princess: I love the rain! I'm so jealous! :) Thank you for the good wishes, I think it will be great. ;)

Judy: What is it about weeds that they seem to be able to reproduce while your back is turned? Congrats on losing weight even though you had four special occassions with food -- that is fabulous! Even if you don't lose weight (and I bet you will!), think about how different that is from old habits! I bet you were like me, and in a week with four special occasions, I'd definitely gain at least a pound -- in the past at least. You will start to lose weight again -- yo-yoing is so frustrating, I know -- but if you try new tactics (don't forget to give them time to work) and strategize, I'm confident that you will lose the weight -- remember, failure is only inevitable if you give up, but if you persist, success is yours (in all sane endeavors, like losing weight and job success -- no Don Quixote windmill-battling included. :D)

Okay, ladies, time to finish my lunch and hit the road, toad.

happycamper4
06-19-2007, 06:31 PM
Hey ladies, mine if I join your group. Had a good weigh in this morning, two pounds.

Will be gett ing the cmaper ready for our weekend camp with our Good Sam group. I think we may go camping July fourth, just have not made up our minds yet. I would like to.

I have been trying lots of WW recipes and oh my some of them are so wonderful and can be used with out club and the potlucks.

I am a lifetimer that had gone astray. Lost my weight the first time in the early 70's when it was so much more regimented. Had to have five fish, one liver, made our own catsup, jello, pancake syrup. I know if I did it then I should definitely be able to do it now. Of course there is more to get rid of but I am not going anywhere and it will come as it comes.

Have a good evening ladies,
Linda

Itryharder
06-19-2007, 07:53 PM
Hi Happycamper and :welcome3:
Our group has gotten a little smaller lately, so it's nice to have you join us.
We're all working hard at losing weight. Let us know a little more about yourself. This is me: I'm a retired grandma full of life and always trying to lose weight. I love this site because after a while you get to know how to help the other regulars and in the meantime you learn how to help yourself.
:welcome3: and good luck on your weight loss journey.
Judy

Princess1122
06-20-2007, 09:03 AM
Morning all!

Ariana: It was great to hear from you before you left to go on your vacation... best wishes for an awesome time!

Linda: Welcome, we would love to have you join us... as Judy says, our numbers are going down but we are a good group for information and support. Tell us about yourself... it is always nice to get to know everyone.
A bit about me: I am a human resource manager for a small software company in Indianapolis... I am 44 years old... Married with two boys, 18 and 22... I love animals and have three dogs... I have been on WW before but this time it is for life... I have been on since the spring of 06 and just hit the 45 lbs lost mark... love the program! I work out at the gym twice a week and take Pilates classes 2-3 times a week, DH and I like to ride our bikes and are pretty active, canoeing, horseback riding, we are trying lots of activities lately... that about covers it I think :D

Judy: Good job on the loss! I was very excited to see that with so many social functions you still are on a losing streak! Awesome! I know what you mean about the grass and weeds... boy we have them here also... some weekends I work at them and others I just turn my back on them... bad idea I know but some days I just don't want to deal with it.

Have a happy day all!

Princess

Itryharder
06-20-2007, 03:51 PM
Okay Turtles, I didn't get to the grass/weeds today, but I did a much bigger project that I had been putting off. My dh and I took apart the day bed in one spare room and placed it in another room and added a trundle underneath for when the kids and grandkids come over. Trust me, I have manhandled and moved more mattresses and box springs than I ever wanted to. LOL. But I figure it was good exercise + I did 35minutes on the treadmill before we started the project, so I should be in good shape activity wise.

Will hit the evening WW mtg. tonight and let you know how I did.
Take care. I hope Ariana is having a great vacation. Princess, thanks for your bio update and welcome again to Linda.
Judy
234.6/222/thinner into onederland :cool:

Itryharder
06-20-2007, 07:53 PM
Hi Turtles,
Yes, I dropped 1.2# this week even though we had about 5 dining out experiences, so I am very pleased. Onward and downward.
Judy
234.6/220.8/thinner into onederland :cool:

Princess1122
06-21-2007, 09:04 AM
Judy: Awesome job! You are doing so well... that is just incredible!

I only have a moment but I wanted to stop by and see what was new in the neighborhood... I will check back again later on.

Princess

happycamper4
06-21-2007, 10:02 AM
Good morning ladies and thank for the very warm welcome.
I am a retired granny too. Have been retired for two years now, DH for almost 6. Have two sons and two grandsons and in August we will have a sweet little great granddaughter, Saija Marie. Of course we are all excited.

I love to camp, cook, sew(not real great at but enjoy it), crochet, sweedish weave, scrapbook and read. We go away for the winter and love that. Like Texas really well and they are so friendly to us.

I walk for my exercise and Monday start again with three days at the pool for water therapy. I figure I will get two for one, joints that feel better and maybe help to lose a few pounds also.

Need to go to the store today to get supplies for the camper as we will be out this weekend. I swear it is a lot of work for just a weekend. I guess being away for five months takes the fun out of just weekends. I am looking forward to it though because we will be meeting up with frineds.

Have a great day all,
Linda

Itryharder
06-21-2007, 04:47 PM
H.Camper,.
Have a great weekend. I like your thinking about exercise!

Today has been good so far and now I'm heading upstairs to get on treadmill and finish some chores.
Judy

Princess1122
06-22-2007, 08:50 AM
Happy Friday all!

Not much new here except we are getting some more much needed rain... no plans for this weekend... just cleaning the house and maybe some yard work.

Have a great weekend!
Susan

Itryharder
06-22-2007, 11:06 AM
Hi TUrtles,
I'm heading outside to deal with those lovely weeds. Tomorrow my dd and I are going to a ballet in NYC and I'm really looking forward to it.
You all have a great weekend and WI.
Judy

chrily
06-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Hi ladies. I suppose you all thought I dropped off the face of the planet. Well...

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The beginning of the year was rough and I took a break. Gained 15 lbs or so and finished my semester at school (I made the honor roll...:D), got extremely sick for a month or better and have finally decided to kick myself in the butt and get back with the program.

Well I'm off. It's supposed to be 100 degrees here today so my sister and I are taking the kids swimming at Lake Elmo. No bikini for me though. Well okay, not for my sister either. (she's having a baby in Oct).

Check back this evening. I'll let the shock wear off of you for a bit....

Christina

Itryharder
06-23-2007, 10:14 AM
:welcome3: back Chrily! Glad to have you chiming in and :bravo: on your honor roll grades!

Hey guys--I'm suffering from the effects of a take out salad I ate on Wednesday. It's food poisoning for sure and I'm still not back to normal. Therefore the weeds are still out there. I'm good enough to get to NYC for the ballet, but did anyone ever tell you raw greens can be hazardous to your health? LOL

Okay, have a fine weekend and have fun and drink water and stay OP!
(That's my advice to me and all the turtles!--we can do this~)
Judy

chrily
06-24-2007, 12:59 AM
Judy, I'm not sure about your neck of the woods but I know around here they were warning against eating fresh spinach because of e.coli contamination. (eeewwww). I swear, isn't anything safe to eat anymore????

Well we went back out to the lake today. My hubby and I took Kayla, Nicole and their friend Ciara. It was fun. I burnt my arms yesterday so I slathered on the sunscreen today. I can't swim so my main squeezie was showing my how to dog paddle and tread water. With having RA, it sure made my arms tired in a hurry, so I'm assuming I burned some calories. Wouldn't that be great??? I'll be sore tomorrow though.

Well off for a nice relaxing soak in the tub. Tiana and Kayla are spending the night at my SIL house. Nicole is watching a movie and so I'm taking a little me time....

Christina

Princess1122
06-25-2007, 09:14 AM
Morning all!

Chris! So good to see you back! I hope that you are feeling better and that life is treating you better... When life gets rough it is hard to stay on plan and focus on much other then what is happening at the time. Anyway, glad you are back!

Judy: Tummy issues are never fun especially when they are caused by some thing that you ate. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and have a blast in NYC.

Linda: How was your weekend?

Well I did go to W/I on Saturday but since it was that TOM I was up 1.6 as expected... no worries though...

We are heading to Cincinnati this coming weekend to see the Red's play the Cardinals... DH is a huge Red's fan! We will be spending the weekend over there for the most part and it should be a great time.

It rained here all weekend long... we needed the rain and boy oh boy we sure got it... Need to get out in the yard really soon as it is over grown and just looks un-kept... Judy, we have weeds almost as big as our tomato plants now thanks to the rain so I will be with you in thought when I am out there weeding all those beds this week, LOL.

I have to run but will check back in on my lunch break to see what is going on.

Itryharder
06-25-2007, 10:21 AM
HI TUrtles,
Looking like a beautiful day here in NY. Sunny and promises to get up to about ninety degrees. Ballet was wonderful as was time spent with dd. Since the arrival of her son, we haven't had much time to just talk and it was lovely. My tummy still isn't where it should be, but I'm hoping today finally clears everything up. More than you need to know. LOL. Weeds still out there. In the meantime I'm working on giving my other dd the bridal shower she'd like so I'm thinking along those lines.

Princess, you're right--that tiny gain associated with TOM is nothing and this upcoming week you'll be in the losing category again. Boy, you're doing great.
Take care and all be well.
Judy

happycamper4
06-26-2007, 09:28 AM
Princess did not get to go camping. The big slide on the fifthwheel broke and we had to take it to Springfield to get fixed. Have not heard from them yet so hope it is going ok. I hope they do not have to keep it too long.

Weigh In today so hope I have lost something. This is my week for a little loss. I lose big, a little littler and then like tenths of a poud. Has been my pattern this time and the other times before.

Have a good day all,
Linda

Princess1122
06-26-2007, 10:04 AM
Morning all!

Not much new here really... I got the yard work done last night... it was a jungle after all the rain we had so it took a while but at least the grass is cut... tonight we need to work on the garden and weed-wack but that should not take too long... LOL, hard to say as I always find more that needs to be done.

Linda: I hope they get the work done soon for you... I know it is disappointing to have a trip planned and then have something go wrong... Best wishes for a great W/I... Sounds like I lose about the same as you... big then little followed by nothing at all or a gain... Arg! Very frustrating!

Judy: How are you doing today?

Chris: Are you feeling better?

I have to run but will check back later on!

Susan

Itryharder
06-26-2007, 10:27 AM
Hi Turtles,
Interesting how Linda and Princess lose in the same pattern during the month.
When I was younger, I'd go three weeks without losing anything and then lose 7# in one week. I could feel the weight falling off me. Very strange but dependable. At that time I was going very light on carbs--only a fruit a day and veggies--no bread no pasta no potatoes or starchy veggies. I'd hate to be that resticted again, but I loved the weight loss!

Happy Camper--sorry about the vehicle and hope it gets fixed real soon.

Princess--LOL I know what you mean about always seeing something more that needs to get done. I think that's why I like the Flylady program so much because she helps to limit my guilt and limit my need to always be doing something.

All goes well here and I'm hoping for at least a tiny weight loss this week.
My body is still reacting to that dopey salad and it's much too long for that nonsense.

Take care be well and :bravo: for keepin' on in the summer heat.
Judy
235.6/220.8/thinner into onederland :cool:

Princess1122
06-27-2007, 10:04 AM
Happy Wednesday All!

Well I just have not been feeling well for the past few days, blew off Pilates on Monday and did not work out yesterday... tummy issues... I will be going to my Pilates class tonight and will try again to work out on Thursday...

My eating has been pretty good this week but without the work outs I am not sure how W/I will go on Saturday morning... will just have to wait and see.

Judy: Good luck at your W/I today!

Linda: How is the camper doing?

Have a happy day all!
Susan

happycamper4
06-27-2007, 10:20 AM
Our camper is still in Springfield. If we do not here after tomorrow we will give them a call. I am sure it is not an easy fix since it needs work on the slide mechanism and the inside trim. Hope that is all.

Well, I was right, lost .4 of a pound this week, so hopefully next week is my big one. I do not get upset as I know how my body works.

I will be off for my 45 minutes at the pool. Want to get there before any thunder storms enter or they make you get out of the pool even though it is inside.

Have a great day ladies.
Linda

Itryharder
06-27-2007, 01:14 PM
Hi Turtles,
I'm back from my WI and lost .6# this week. That's okay with me since I felt punk for a lot of that time. So onward and downward. There was a gal at my meeting who was lifetime member and now is struggling. She says she's tired of it all--working hard, messing up, and not losing. Well, who hasn't felt like that? But I know that when I "give up" WW's for awhile, I gain like a bandit. It's like all the weight people are losing finds me. So, some weeks are better than others, but I want to keep on keepin' on.

Princess, feel better.
Happy, any loss is a good loss. I like your attitude.

:goodscale: to all of us this week.
Judy
234.6/220.2/thinner into onederland :cool:

Ariana2000
06-27-2007, 05:02 PM
Ladies: Well hello there! I'm back. I got into town Monday morning, and I have been frantically catching up ever since. San Fran was great, it was gay pride week, there were rainbow flags everywhere and there were a lot of people there. It was wonderfully cool compared to AZ -- we were wearing jeans in June! It was gorgeous. I took about 300 pictures. :)

But at the same time, it was also pretty stressful too -- there were some issues with my Mom and her pain meds and her reaction to them that I don't want to talk about right now, let's just say that it was a nearly constant stressor and reminder of her mortality. I also had to share a room with my little sister, and for a person who lives alone and is used to being alone 12 hours a day and who likes being alone periodically, that was hard. We also had a waterbed-like mattress that shook me everytime she moved and vice-versa, so I slept badly. So I guess it was both great and very hard. Does that make sense? There were some parts that I really enjoyed, and there were other times when I wanted to go shut myself in the hotel room and hide. So it was both very good and I also was very relieved to go home at the end.

I gave up counting points the first day, I realized that I just couldn't do it on a vacation, in addition to all of the other stress (and maybe just in general), and I only take one or two vacations a year, so I just attempted to be reasonable -- I had salad before lunch and dinner, and fruit with breakfast, and I split meals a lot of the time with other people. My unofficial WI is tonight, the official one is tomorrow, so we'll see.

I guess I feel a little nuts saying that it was both great and very stressful -- it just had elements of both. You know what I mean?

Anyway, individual responses...

Linda: Welcome! You are absolutely welcome here. :) :) :) You did it then, you can do it now. It's probably easier to stick to now than it was then -- I'm glad there's no fish required now -- eew! :o Sorry you missed your camping adventure. Congrats on the .4 lost, any weight loss is good, right? As for introducing myself: I'm a 27 year old software engineer in Arizona; I've lost 60 pounds so far, but I didn't count points for most of it, so it took me 3 years -- 2 years of losing 25 pounds each year and one year of maintaining in the middle (I was in a very stressful job and all I could do was maintain), but I've kept it off. I like to hike (not in the summer, it's over 100 degrees here right now), quilt, embroider, cook and write. I'm single, for now. I have a little sister, and a "furry brother" named Lobo, and that's about it.

Princess: Thank you, I had a good time. Sorryabout the temporary weight gain, but it looks like you have a good attitude and determination -- you'll be fine. :) I'm sorry you're feeling unwell though.

Judy: Congrats on your WL last week! If you're still feeling unwell, try mint tea, it's a natural anti-nausea. Congrats on the loss this week, it isn't big, I know, but it's something, right? Re your friend: I think that people get tired and frustrated when they think of it as an every-day-for-the-rest-of-your-life-thing -- that's just too intimidating, we have to take it one day at a time, one week at a time. They also get tired when they get no results, and I understand that too, but they have to shake things up. Sometimes you need to work out more, maybe it's possible they're not eating *enough* or enough of the right things -- I guess my bottom line is, don't let other people's frustration get you down. Determination is at least half the battle.

Chris: Welcome back! You can get back on track. Keep posting, even if you're not on program -- I think it might help you stay in control of your WL situation by encouraging mindfulness about food and working out. Up to you of course.

Alright, ladies, it's well past time to get back to work. Take care!

happycamper4
06-27-2007, 05:32 PM
Did fifty minutes in the pool and mowed the back yard and DH is mowing the front yard.

Having a good OP supper tonight, potatoe salad( I have measured and pointed each ingredient) boubon marinated pork tenderloin and corn on the cob and sliced tomatoes.

Good thing it is getting closer to supper as it sounds good to me.

have a great evening,
Linda

Ariana2000
06-28-2007, 02:02 AM
Well, I won't be able to post tomorrow (WW meeting at lunch), so here's the results of my unofficial WI (which I do each Wednesday) -- I gained .6 in the last two weeks (I couldn't WI while on vacation in SF). That means that I only gained .6 pounds after 5 days of vacation. Too cool, huh? :) I was really worried it would be more, but it looks like eating salad before lunch and dinner, fruit with breakfast, splitting meals and the walking helped quite a bit. <I am unabashedly proud. 5 days of vacation, and I only gained 1/2 a pound! :D>

Anyway, time to go to SLEEP.

Take care, ladies and good night.

Princess1122
06-28-2007, 10:10 AM
Ariana!!! So glad you are back... SF sounds wonderful! I have never been there but I have heard it is a great place to visit... you did great by the way... .6 is nothing for being on vacation... most likely water retention from travel...
Very sorry to hear about your mom, I sure hope it gets better for her...

Judy: You are doing great! A loss is a loss like we all like to say here :D Keep up the fantastic job that you are doing and you will be to goal in good time.

Linda: You are doing awesome also! Best wishes that the camper is repaired soon... The pool sounds great... I love to swim but hardly ever get the chance anymore.

Chris: How are you doing?

Nothing new here really... just waiting for Friday to get here like usual :D We are out of town this weekend so send me best wishes to stay on track because DH has big plans to hit all of his favorite eating places when he gets back into his home town this weekend... Lordy! Give me strength!

Looking forward to a weekend away with him though, we always have a fun time together and alone time is always nice.

I made it to Pilates last night and will be going to the gym on my way home this evening as long as my tummy feels good...

Have a happy day all!

chrily
06-29-2007, 01:16 AM
Well sorry I haven't posted. My kids are out of school and are computer piggies. No time for me. Well I haven't gained and I haven't lost but my clothes are feeling a little looser. I've been on a diet pop kick, drinking 4-6 cans a day. So for the last 3 days I've cut myself back to one can and I haven't touched sugar since Monday. My stomach isn't as bloated and things don't feel quite as snug.

I have to be honest. I haven't worked out at all this week. I'm having some foot issues. I had to do 16 days on prednisone again to see if it would help. My rheumatologist figures that if it helped then we are dealing with the rheumatoid arthritis in my feet now and if it didn't that I would probably need to see a podiatrist. The prednison worked for the first 8 days and when the dose got tapered down they started hurting again. So I think I'm going to be looking at going on some IV meds now too. I'll find out soon what he wants to do. I was hoping it wouldn't have to be that way. I'm always scared that the RA is going to progress faster than the research and new drug developments do. I'm only in my 30s...that's alot of my life left to deal with this.

Anyhow...Hello all you little turtle people! I'm working on getting back on track. It may take a bit of time...( I REALLY REALLY fell of the wagon.).

Check back tomorrow if the kids will let me.....:D

Christina

Princess1122
06-29-2007, 08:42 AM
Happy Friday all!

Just a quick post to say hello and to see what is going on in Turtle Land! I am out of here early today to go the eye doctor and then to the hair dresser... Need to hide those roots that keep coming back...LOL. Then we are out of town for the weekend.

Chris: sure you get to feeling better... my SIL has RA and I know she has a rough time with it when it flares up.

I have to run but will talk to everyone on Monday!

Ariana2000
06-29-2007, 05:03 PM
Princess: Thanks, I'm glad to be back too. :) SF is an amazing place to visit. I figured that .6 is nothing, a great minimal gain from travelling too. :) Things are hard with Mom, but I hope she feels better soon too. Good luck with all of the eating out, and remember -- "it's not about the food, it's about the company and the experience" -- have fun with him. :)

Chrily -- I really cut back on diet soda these last few weeks, and you do feel better when you cut out or cut down on fake sugar. It's amazing what an effect it has. I'm sorry you aren't feeling well...

Itryharder
06-30-2007, 12:12 PM
Hi Turtles,
It's great to hear from so many of us! :cheer:

First of all, Ariana, :bravo: :goodscale: :cheer: and :cheers: Wow, I think it's fantastic that you went on vacation, especially to such a fabulous location, and you gained almost nothing. Weigh to go! I think you have made WW's a part of your life. Not counting points during your vacation, but doing so many smart things--salad before meals, etc--enabled you to do exactly what we'd all like to do with our weight. Glorious!

Happy, congrats on your exercise. The only smilie I've got for a pool is :beach: and I need a :swimming: Let's see if that works. In any case, I love to hear that you're exercising and eating well. That's what makes the weight drop off! :cheer:

Princess, enjoy your weekend away. It's so neat that you've incorporated exercise into your day. Weigh to go. Eating at restaurants is tricky, but you've been successful before and you can be again! :cheer:

Chrily, sorry to hear about the meds and your RA. I'm sending :goodvibes:
to you to feel better and get back on the WW track!

This has been a tough week for me. My dear friend passed away and I thought that eating would help fill that emotional void. Did it? For about three minutes. So, I've got a lot of work to undo here. Today I feel on track and I'll do my best. I'm sending you all good vibes and good feelings. It's so important to live each day to the fullest.
Judy

Princess1122
07-02-2007, 10:39 AM
Morning all!

Had a great weekend with DH, I did eat a couple of things that were not plan friendly and I used all of my flex points for the week but over all I did pretty well and will be exercising this week to make up for the none plan foods that I was not used to eating. I W/I Saturday before we left and was down .6, I will take it!

Judy: I am so sorry to hear about your friend... that is so hard... best wishes for peace to you and the friends family.

Ariana: How was your weekend? Are you feeling better when you exercise these days? No more dizzy spells or any thing?

Chris: how was your weekend? Feeling any better?

Linda: How are you these days? Did the camper get repaired yet?

I have to run, busy day today, I will check back later on.

Itryharder
07-02-2007, 11:14 AM
Princess,glad you had such a wonderful weekend. And as far as the food, what I am seeing is that you are taking accountability for you eating regardless of how exciting or wonderful the place is. That's what I was trying to say before. I really think you have reached the point where you're not dieting, but are really making WW's your lifestyle eating. :bravo: And to hear that you used your extra points during the weekend--well, you're right--that's what they're for! So this is very encouraging to me. I'm glad you did well. :cheer:

Saturday I was able to turn my eating around. I stepped on the scale and I think I thought I overate more than I did, because the scale looks fine. Yay.
Maybe we're all incorporating more WW's into our thinking and eating--even more than we realize.

All Turtles, be well and happy. Drink your water, get in the exercise, and keep on chiming in. Your successes every day help us all.
Judy
234.6/220.2/thinner into onederland :cool:

Princess1122
07-03-2007, 10:28 AM
Morning all!

I went to work out last evening... 2 miles on the elliptical, 1.5 on the treadmill, and my upper body strength training... no pilates classes this week as the studio is closed for the holiday. I will go and do more cardio this evening.

We are having the family over to cook out tomorrow afternoon... DH and I are hoping to get the bikes to the state park for a ride in the morning...

Kind of throws everything off with the holiday in the middle of the week but then again it is not bad to work two days, have one off and the work two more.

We are leaving on vacation on the 18th and will not be back until late on the 24th so we are all getting ready for that... everyone is excited... we are going to visit family in Connecticut, my step mother lives on a lake complete with all of the water toys that you could hope for so DH, both DS's and the oldest DS's GF and I are all flying out for a week of fun and relaxation... can't wait! Not the same now that my dad is gone but it will be nice to be in his home, his presence is still there so it is comforting in a way.

Hope all is well with everyone... any plans for the holiday?

Itryharder
07-03-2007, 02:17 PM
Princess,
:bravo: on the :strong: You are doing great with exercise. And I love the idea of your whole family being on vacation in CT. How lovely!

All goes well here. I recouped my week where I had started to slide because of sadness, and I ended up losing 1.2#. That is great for me. It shows that getting on the :tread: makes all the difference for me. So :cheers: for me and my :goodscale:. Now I'm going to figure out how to stay OP during the July 4th. picnic we're going to.

Have fun on the fourth and chime in when you can.
Judy
234.6/219/thinner into onederland :cool:

Princess1122
07-03-2007, 03:32 PM
Judy:Congrats on the loss! That is awesome!!!! You are doing great!!!!!!!

I have to exercise too to lose... I know how you feel :D

Ariana2000
07-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Ladies: good afternoon. I had an okay weekend -- I meant to take it off, but my neighbors woke me up early, so I spent most of it feeling tired. I did get some writing and some quilting in, so that was quite nice, and I talked to my best friend for a while. Monday was rough -- my Dad apparently had a big confrontation with Mom over her health thing, and said that he came very close to losing her forever. My father catastrophizes like I do, but I was still terrified. My parents have been married for 30+ years, and they *need* each other. It looks like my Dad was just catastrophizing, which is a big relief, but for most of Monday, it was stressing me out. Work is a good distraction, at least. I did also manage to avoid bankrupting myself at Office Max (another of my (old) stress relief mechanisms, besides food -- buy new planners when I'm freaking out. It gives me the illusion of control over my environment and the things that are stressing me out.) Things are better today, still stressed out over Mom, but not anywhere near as bad as yesterday.

I might take tomorrow off, or I might work. I should work, to keep the vacation day for later. I'm not sure I can make myself, while everyone else is taking time off. If I don't work out I'll hang out at home and quilt. We'll see.

Judy: Re your great feedback about the vacation and the .6 gain: <blush> Thank you so much. That is really sweet of you, and great to hear. I did feel like I was applying all of the skills we learn in WW -- plus, reminding myself that the vacation was not about the food, but I allowed myself a treat every now and then. I never felt deprived. I appreciate all of that positive feedback, you made me just glow with happiness over here. :) Re your friend: I am so sorry. I totally understand how stress of that magnitude can make you want to eat. And it always seems like it would make you feel better, but the relief is so temporary, as you said. ::hugs:: I am thinking of you, dear. I won't offer any hollow adages, but I say focus on the things (besides food) that reduce your stress level and bring you comfort, whatever they may be. And if you slip, don't beat yourself up; you are, after all, only human. People make mistakes. You can only affect today and tomorrow; the past is done. And ultimately: take care of yourself, sweetie. Re the scale not slipping: that is great! I bet you're right, that you thought you overrate more than you really did -- remember, our ideas of portions and what constitutes "junk food" has changed since we started WW. Weigh to go! ;)

Princess: I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend. It's okay to use up all your flex points on a special occassion, as long as you're comfortable living "within your means" for the rest of the week. Working out is always good. My weekend was okay, but not long enough. No, I haven't had any new dizzy spells. I started taking a vitamin again regularly and eating a 3 point snack before working out. I just hope I can get away with those extra points (I would find it hard to cut dinner in order to compensate). We'll see at WI on Thursday. Hey, enjoy your vacation. That sounds like fun. Re loss: that is phenomenal! Congrats, congrats, congrats!

Time to get back to work. Take care ladies!

Princess1122
07-09-2007, 09:02 AM
Happy Monday All!

Had a nice weekend... we got my MIL moved into her new apartment on Saturday and DH and I went horseback riding again on Sunday so all in all it was a nice weekend...

W/I went well on Saturday... down 1.8... I will take it! With the travel and all the previous weekend I really thought I would be up but I was down instead.

Busy week ahead getting ready for vacation and all.

I hope that all is well with everyone!

Ariana: Try and stay cool... I hear it is brutally hot your way.

Princess1122
07-10-2007, 09:00 AM
Morning all!

Went to my first Pilates II class last night, way more advanced then I have done in the past so it was a change of pace... loved it!

Not much else is new here, just eagerly awaiting my vacation time to come.

Have a great day all!
Princess

Itryharder
07-10-2007, 10:19 AM
Hi Turtles,
I'm going to open a new thread. See you at 185.
JUdy