Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-18-2007, 03:16 PM   #1  
Fat Chick

S/C/G: 163/147/128

Height: 5'7"

Default Can't Exercise!

I know exercise is need to lose weight, cardio especially. But, I live in Florida and it is WAY too hot outside to workout hard enough to get my heartrate up.

Does anybody know of ANY cardio I can do that doesn't involve being outdoors? (Don't say treadmill, I don't own one and can only get a ride to the gym on certian days.)
Nikki_20216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 03:35 PM   #2  
Christi

S/C/G: 187 / ticker / 130

Well, then go to the gym on those certain days and kick it into high gear!! If you don't like mundane machine cardio, give raquetball, volleyball, or swimming a try. I am sure there are plenty of pools in Florida!!
Clue0983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 03:43 PM   #3  
I'm lovin my scale

I don't know what your finances are like, but there are some pretty good cardio videos out there. I really like the turbo jam program, its a lot of fun and it works, though everything seems to work so long as you do it. You might also want to think about getting a small trampoline and trying rebounding. I've never done this myself, but I've heard great things about it. And sorry to say it (especially since I know nothing about your schedule), but maybe you'll have to get up earlier and try an outdoor jog or walk before it heats up. I live in Arizona, so I feel you when it comes to the heat, but sometimes losing an hour of sleep is worth it.
imsexydamnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 04:32 PM   #4  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Check out your local pool! Swimming, either indoors or outdoors, is a fantastic cardio workout because you have to hold your breath while you do it. If you don't swim, just jogging back and forth in the water is just as good as jogging on land (although you'll go a lot slower). Of find a water aerobics class; I'm sure there must be lots in Florida.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:54 PM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

If you like the outdoors but find it too hot, you could exercise early mornings or later evenings... If there's a will there's a way ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 234/205/185

Height: 5'10"

step areobics,strength training, jump rope or running in place
geobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 05:07 PM   #7  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

How about Walk Away the Pounds (DVDs by Leslie Sansone)

I really CAN'T exercise that much I had to have my leg rebuilt after an accident with a flight of steps and spent six months in a wheelchair because both ankles were broken. Now i have a plate and six screws that hold my leg together.

it was 95 degrees with 85% humidity yesterday. I walked my dogs...
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 07:07 PM   #8  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hi!

Have you thought of running up and down your stairs? Great cardio workout!!

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 02:41 PM   #9  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

I have the same problem, I live in Arizona and the regular daytime temp right now is about 110 degrees! I have to workout early morning because I hate exercising indoors! I'm usually up by 5:30 am for a workout. I never thought I would be a morning person, and there are those days that it sucks but I've gotten used to it and learned to really enjoy being up and about outside that early in the morning! Now I don't ever want to sleep in until 11:00 again, even if I'm on a "rest" day or the weekends I'm up by 6:00 or 6:30 and love it!

Seriously, give mornings a shot
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 02:53 PM   #10  
Skinny Minnie in Training

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/149

Height: 5'5"

DVDs...and if you belong to Netflix (or something similar) you can try them out to see which ones you like before you buy!
queenjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:18 PM   #11  

Height: 5'6"

I know that a lot of magazines have great exercises and stretches for specific body types and targets specific areas. Maybe you could try some of the exercises they recommend. In the July issue of More magazine, they have 8 moves for middle management, which is what I totally need! I am going to try it out, it looks really intense! Maybe you could skim through a few magazines at the market to see what exercises they recommend and try those out!
blueberry3 is offline   Reply With Quote