Old 06-18-2007, 07:28 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 10"

Default Chat for the week June 17-June 24

Wow, board is slooooow. Hope everyone is doing well today. Off to the zoo today - meeting a friend adn her 2 kids. I'm looking forward to it. Going to pack lots of core snacks and a sandwich on 1pt wrap.

BBL!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:13 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Have fun, Paula! I'll move my post over here that I put on the other thread. I'm such a good. I keep forgetting to add a new thread on Monday mornings.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:14 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Is it truly possible that no one has been here since me yesterday morning?

We are going to get cancelled for lack of interest!

I didn't go to WW today. We had too much to do. Bad excuse, I know. I ate very badly yesterday and didn't want to weigh in with the sheer volume of the stuff in my tummy. We didn't plan to go out for dinner and we had a big lunch. My 6 year old Great Niece started crying hysterically when she found out that Jim and I weren't going to the restaurant. She was at her dance recital while we stayed home with her brother and Sister. So big softy that I am, we went to the restaurant and then I overate. Sigh.

Then they all came back here and we swan for about 2 hours. It was great fun. Now Julianna wants a sleepover. She's a good girl....even if she does talk nonstop! I'm sure she is just like I used to be as a little girl. She must control and organize everything. It's pretty darned funny to me even if not to her Mom.

Kathy, I just heard that Gainseville got 7 inches of rain yesterday. Is that near you?

Have a great day. It's going to be 90 plus here again today so Jim and I will be swimming after lunch. More exercise, thank God!
Old 06-18-2007, 01:27 PM   #4  
Core 4/22/07 Doing It!!

Height: 5'5

Afternoon Ladies!
Busy weekend myself.went to WW (lost 1lb) then off to grocery shop.Went to a fathers day cookout sunday didnt do awful brought my own wheat bun and turkey burger handful of chips and so glad they didnt have any mayo based salads! Scale is liking me this morning.Ive been doing the job search,I have 2 interviews Tomorrow! I am sick as a dog trying to prepare myself.I have a hair appointment tonight and im in desprate need for a suit that fits.Macy's is having a 50% off sale so I must head over there.
Eating well today!
Have fun Paula! And dont fret Vickie I'm sure you worked off alot by swimming!
TikiOnADiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:54 PM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Tiki, VERY well done! Congratulations on your loss. I'll say a prayer and hold good thoughts for your job interviews tomorrow. Happy suit hunting!
Old 06-18-2007, 02:04 PM   #6  
Donna

Tiki - Congratulations and good luck.

Vicki - Have fun in the pool, I met my folks and walked this morning and needed a shower when I was done, it was so sticky I sweated like crazy. FIND ANOTHER MEETING and go. We are not allowed to skip because we ate bad the day before!

Patti - a lanyard is a strap you wear around your neck and hook/clip your badge to. Where I've worked they've been just plain nylon, but Kathy's been adding beads to hers to decorate them.

Kathy - send some of that rain this way, my garden would love some more water.

Rhonda - I've been to Toronto, you can't blame all that smog on us. How was the new classes?

Well, my weekend went so/so. I don't think I did to horribly, but I didn't do well. So it's back on track for me today, and hopefully the scale gods will be kind at wi tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone.

-Tech
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:33 PM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

I know you're right, Donna. I go to a Center so there are millions of meetings. I'll go tomorrow.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:03 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 10"

Back from the zoo - we had a great time, got there at 10 and after 2:00 Sarah was dragging. We got back to the car about 2:15 and she was asleep by 2:16! Brought our food and stuck to plan. We walked for almost 4 hours - I did the activity points on ww on line - did one 120 minutes, then 60 minutes, then 30 minutes - all low intensity. It gave me 8 points for the day! Plus, I'll still walk the dog tonight for another point. Had a great time.

Tiki - good luck on the interviews. Hope you find the perfect position. Congrats on the loss!! Have fun shopping.

Tech, good luck tomorrow at wi.

Vickie, hope you have fun in the pool. Its great to be the spoiling auntie!

Gina, Kathy, Frouf, Coco, Sandra -- where are you all????

Well, off to get dinner together. Tomorrow, we have to drop off my car at 8am at the dealership, then 11:00 gymnastics - last class!!, then nothing planned. Sarah is brining a friend to class and its my turn for our neighborhood playgroup. Its going to be hot so I'm planning on putting out the sprinkler and the kiddie pool.

Oh, my car story. Not sure if I had mentioned I had a defect in my transmission (new car we got in March). The dealership was great, did all the replacement work and we were all set. Well, it was leaking transmission fluid - not alot but drops. WE should have brought it right back but didn't get around to it. So, I'm driving to the zoo this morning, zipping up the left lane on 495 when I notice bluish smoke out the exhaust. Or I think it was, now I'm not sure if it is or just the light playing. So, knowing I do have a leak I start to panic - I'm meeting my gf at 10, can't get ahold of her, 1/2 way there , I call Jim leave him a message. I decide to keep going - get off the highway and keep going. Don't see anything else. Finally get there and everything is ok. But my worst fear is being off with Sarah and breaking down in some back woods road or worse, the highway. The zoo is off in Mendon - I decide to look for a service station and stop. 15 miles to the zoo - I did not go past one service station or gas station!!!

In the end everything is fine. But not fun this morning. I'm trying not to get upset - as it would set off Sarah. She is very, very sensitive. So, that's why we are off the garage tomorrow. Good thing we have the spare truck or it would be a looooong vacation week.

That it for now. BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 05:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

Well, yesterday I went to see my former MIL in the hospital. She's still heavily medicated but they are changing the meds to see if that will help. I spent the afternoon with my former FIL and some other members of that family. It did him good, I believe, to see people and talk and even laugh.

Today, I just worked. Nothing too interesting there. I have done some and plan to go to the first new class tomorrow night. My eating was just so-so. I'm unhappy that I have regained the two pounds that I lost not too long ago, but, I won't go on and on about it..just get it off again.

Toronto is still a bit smoggy but today was a bit better. I read about those rain storms in North Texas (not really that close to Kathy's house)...it's so sad when people die in those d*&$#( floods. They just come up in a second!

I'm off to make something for dinner.

BBL

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:13 PM   #10  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Chicks! I was going to hang out here for a while but I have to get off the computer. There was a tornado spotted in Joliet and it is headed this way. Life in the southern suburbs of Chicago.

I'll be back tomorrow.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:32 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 173/136/125

Height: 4"11'

Hello, I'm new here. Kinda been reading everyone's menus and trying to get a feel for Core. I've been doing it for a few days. I have a question. I saw someone write that they couldn't have oatmeal because they didn't have milk. Do you have to have milk with oatmeal or cereal? I don't drink milk (at all), but could have ff cottage cheese, ff yogurt, or a slice of ff cheese if it's just to get a dairy in.
Maryjaneld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:40 PM   #12  

No, you don't have to have milk with oatmeal that I know of. I would think it was just a personal preference. I don't have milk in mine always....sometimes a sugar fee jam is what I like. If you can't have milk, like you say, find a substitute.

It's quiet here these past few days. I've been ridiculously busy!

Rhonda
Old 06-19-2007, 01:38 AM   #13  
focused and aiming

we're back. i'm wayyyy behind in reading but will try to get caught up. curtis and i shot better than we ever have at the senior olympics. i got 1st and he got 2nd. we're both happy about how we did. i think my target panic is about healed. thank goodness!

congratulations to each of you who are losing. those of us (and i mean "us") who are having difficulty, i wish a "speedy recovery" and fast return to program.

curtis stayed op all weekend. i'm the one who floundered. i am totally impressed with his will power. i need some more dust.

here's an update on our waterfall. you can hardly see it for the jungle now.

ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:53 AM   #14  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

Welcome Home Sandra! We did miss you. Congratulations to Curtis. You and I are living similar lives. Jim is the one with most of the will power between the two of us. You and I will just keep plugging along. Your waterfall is adorable. Now that's more MY speed!

Paula, what an adventure! You might just have pushed that car too far.

Rhonda, you sound tired. Poor thing and it's only Monday. Save some energy to enjoy yourself.

Mary Jane, ! I think Rhonda is right on the oatmeal. I make mine with oatmeal because I think it seems richer. The rule is for cold cereal. They don't want you eating it dry out of the box like a snack so the rule is that you have to have milk or yogurt with it. How are you doing and how long have you been on Core. Any successful tricks you'd like to share? Or recipes? We LOVE new recipes here.

Well, no tornado last night for which I am quite grateful. My Niece and her family who live 20 minutes North of me had to go into their basement since the tornado siren was going off. We got lots of free rain on our sod and will not be watering this morning. Maybe later tonight.

We did get into the pool yesterday for an hour and a half. I got great exercise and I'm quite proud of myself. Today will be back on the treadmill since I don't think it will be warm enough to swim today.

I've got to go figure out what I'm cooking tonight. I'll be back later to check in on all of you.

Hey Frouf....where are you?

Kathy?
Old 06-19-2007, 08:33 AM   #15  

Welcome back, and congratulations to you and Curtis, Sandra.

Nothing new here, and you're right Vickie, it was only Monday and I was tired already. The weekend had too much packed into it, and a lot of it was very emotional about my former MIL's Alzheimer's treatment. Life has been very hard for that woman, I'll tell you.

But, today I'm seeing a friend for a long lunch and that will perk me up. She is someone who lost over 100 pounds on WW, and has maintained her loss for about 5 years now. She looks fabulous, and is inspiring.

I hope everyone has a good OP day today.

Rhonda