Carb Counters - Weekly Chat 6/18 - 6/24

View Full Version : Weekly Chat 6/18 - 6/24

jaesueray
06-18-2007, 06:48 AM
Good morning all!!

I am down 2 more pounds this week!! :broc::broc::celebrate:
I am so happy i lost, i was afraid that i had messed up, plus with TOM
here i was prepared for the worst when i stepped on the scale this morning..but i was good news this time...thanks for all the support you guys..it means a lot:hug::hug:

hubby cooked those hot dogs and sausage dogs yesterday, they are so yummy when he grills 'em. plus i have some for lunch today...i got some protein shakes for a quick brekfast or any other "emergency" with my food. i just want to be prepared and set myself up for sucess. This time i really want to lose this weight and get healthy.....

Everyone have a great day!!
Jae

RobinW
06-18-2007, 10:04 AM
WTG Jae!!! Dontcha just love when the scale moves to the negative!!!!

Today was my weigh-in too, Im down another 3lbs from my midweek weighin....total of 9 for the week :dance:

I'll check in later.......have a great day ladies.

beach bum
06-18-2007, 10:54 AM
Good Morning Ladies :)

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.Oh what a gorgeous day, we're definitely going for a walk along the beach. Didn't go overboard on the Father Day BBQ we just had 1 pound cake square each with strawberries & strawberry flavored cool whip on it.

Jae-Thanks for starting us up. Big congrats:congrat: for losing 2 lbs..WTG!!! We had BBQ ribs,corn on the cob salad and STRAWBERRY SHORT CAKE. This morning my weight went down,but I don't total it up until the end of the week so that loss doesn't count.

Robin-Big congrats:cheers: to you on your 3 lbs, you lost a lot the past couple of weeks. Are you still on Induction????

Have to go, I like to get some walking done before the day get too hot to walk.

Hugs :) BB

Arkansas Kel
06-18-2007, 11:08 AM
GO JAE GO JAE GO JAE. Feels good don't it?

My wt has sort of stagnated. Stalled. Pooped out. My TOM is soon, I'm eating absolutely everything I can reach, but have managed to stay under 40 NC per day (my goal was 30 but I loosened it up a bit since I'm losing, exercising and TOM drove me to it). I guess I'll see the drop later.

Did my walkies yesterday with my exercise pal - did a little more than the day before. I think it sucked a little less. I hate exercise. Tomorrow is walkies again.

She wants to set up a couple rewards - like - say if we walk 3 times per week every week until _____________ we'll treat ourselves to _________. Except we're having trouble filling in the _________. Any ideas?

Bouncing
06-18-2007, 12:09 PM
Grump. Grump. I DREAMED I binged and when I weighed this a.m. I was up 4 lbs. This is so not fair. No I didn't actually eat anything bad. Or even too much of anything good for me. I hope I'm not one of those people who gains weight on 40g of carbs a day. I shall have to slit my wrists. Hey. How much does blood weigh? That just might get scare off those 4 lbs. Honestly though, I feel like I'm retaining water. It's been hot. Darned cookie dream. I haven't been in the same room with a cookie in over a month. Where's the complaints desk? I want a refund on that dream.

Nikki128
06-18-2007, 01:25 PM
Hi Ladies-

I somehow lost this thread. It seems everyone is doing great. Congrats on all the losses. I am stuck around 151. This week is my TOM so hopefully after that I wil see a wosh. I have lost 13 lbs since the week after easter. I am really getting discouraged. I thought I would lose 20 by now for sure.

Nikki

beach bum
06-18-2007, 01:30 PM
Hey :nono: No talk about slitting your wrists.Don't worry Bouncing Its probably water. This is the time of the year when humidity along with Hot heat will start the retaining of water. Watch you salt intake, and drink lots of water to move retaining along.

RobinW
06-18-2007, 02:38 PM
Robin-Big congrats:cheers: to you on your 3 lbs, you lost a lot the past couple of weeks. Are you still on Induction????

No I couldnt do it anymore I officially switched to low/carb weight watchers last monday.

Grump. Grump. I DREAMED I binged and when I weighed this a.m. I was up 4 lbs.
Im sorry to laugh, but I do this too!! I have donut or chocolate binges in my sleep, and feel soooooooooooo guilty when I wake up. But Im also sooooooooooo happy I didnt really do it. Tasted good though didnt it?! :lol: Alright, so next time you dream something like that dont get on the scale!!

Bouncing
06-18-2007, 05:32 PM
Robin, you just made me laugh too! I was in tears a few minutes ago. I was out for a while this morning, and got to thihking there had to be something wrong with the laws of physics or something. I shed some water in the usual way, and had had only a cup of coffee, and after I got back home I changed into shorts and a tank top. Well, while I had my clothes off, I though, what the heck. So I got on the scale again. I had gainedANOTHER two pounds. That's six in 12 hours. It ain't that friggin' hot. As a matter of fact, today is lovely. Unless I've started gaining six pounds for every cup of black coffee I drink, no matter how much I pee, I'm still stuck in that damn dream. I have always suspected that I gained weight from breathing. As far as I'm concerned, I have just proven it. I'm definitely having one of those I-hate-everything days. To heck with Atkins, I'm going to go on the dustbunny diet. Heaven knows I have some. Well, except by now they've probably morphed into sabretoothed dust tigers. Bah.

jaesueray
06-19-2007, 07:09 AM
Hey all....

Did good with my food yesterday. Totally on plan:carrot: I had steak with guacamole for dinner, along with a few celery sticks. it was very yummy and i even have leftovers for lunch:carrot:

RobinW - WhooHoo!!! 9 pounds, thats great:carrot::carrot:

bbum - good job on staying on plan on fathers day, holdiays arent easy and you did great!!

Arkkel - you keep up the walking, your weight will go down in time...for a reward how about a pedicure to reward those tired tosies?

bouncing - dont let the scale get you down, its just one tool to measure sucess..do you feel better? are your clothes looser? have you lost inches? sleeping better? these are some of the things that have improved for me, hope it helps...

Nikki128 - 13 pounds since easter is wonderful progress, give yourself credit:)

Hope everyone has a great tuesday!!
Jae

Nikki128
06-19-2007, 09:31 AM
Thanks Jae .. congrats on meeting your 1st goal :)

BB- how is it going for you.

It has been several weeks since I have been posting in this forum but I hope to catch up with everyone soon.

Nikki

RobinW
06-19-2007, 09:35 AM
:wave: doing good, but dont have alot of time this morning. Have a great day ladies!!

beach bum
06-19-2007, 11:07 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Got to bed late last night watching two movies on TCM The Uninvited and the The Picture of Dorian Grey.Both very good movies in my book.

Robin-I don't think I'm going on Induction again the carbs are to low for me.Now that I'm posting my menu on fit day,I have to up on them,but I'm, going to take your & Lily advice on lowing my fats.Didn't realize that if you add more from a food group you have to lower the other.

Jae-It wasn't easy to stay OP but I did make my mind up,that even though its a holiday,you don't have to go crazy with food.You did Good also,having that yummy dinner

Nikki-Welcome back, I was wondering what happened to you. I'm holding up,lost more inches that weight.my clothes are fitting better,even around the waist. Wish I could move my ticker downward,but I have to find my balance and thats why I'm working hard in the exercising dept. Hope everything is ok with you as you been missing.

Hi :wave:Robin-Have a nice day.

Have to get ready to do some walking long the beach,going to bring my hand weights.

SherryA
06-19-2007, 12:00 PM
Scale is down on average 2 pounds so far this week. I like my chart. This averaging thing is giving me something to celebrate even when I'm not seeing much change on the scale otherwise. I hope it continues. 1 to 2 pounds a week is all I'm asking for and as long as the trend keeps going down I'll be happy.

On my spreadsheet I'm using I even projected a 2 pounds loss in the first column (Sunday's column) for each week, as the week gets there I'll change it to the actual weight, but it shows me what I can expect assuming I can keep this rate of change going. I'm hoping it doesn't slow down so much that I have to increase those numbers rather than keep being able to count on it being about there or decrease them.

Funny how numbers on a scale can seem so important.

Right now I've been noticing how much smaller I feel. It is really odd how that happens, but I love it. My body feels much smaller than the amount of weight loss I can really count even if I count it from maximum weight to now. The amount lost doing it that way is 6.5 pounds, but it seems like more. Must be that I'm losing fat rather than just water.

Nikki128
06-19-2007, 12:03 PM
BB- Things just got hectic. I graduated and have been going on interviews etc. I did not stop doing atkins though.Inches is a good thing.

Sherry - I believe you are new to me. Hi there! Your spread sheet system sounds interesting can you tell me more about it?

Robin- Have a great day.

Nikki

Puncezilla
06-19-2007, 10:01 PM
Hi ladies, The inlaws are still here, and driving me crazy. Had 2 chocolate bars and icecream for dinner :barf:, but have been doing ok otherwise. I'll be back on track tomorrow.

SherryA
06-19-2007, 10:18 PM
Hi Nikki,

Using Excel, I put the week of (example June 17-25) in the left column. Across the top is Sunday, Monday... etc in each of seven columns. The column after Saturday is the weekly weight average numbers. It takes the inputed weights for the week and averages them. The next column takes the previous week's average and subtracts from it this week's average to tell me what I've lost on average this week. The last colum takes the beginning week's average and subtracts this week's average telling me what I've lost total since I started keeping the record.

I input a new weight every day, but only count the weekly weight average as my "true" weight. That way minor fluxuations up and down don't bother me so much, and even if the scale isn't moving today or yesterday I can still be down "on average" from last week.

I posted about it on another thread and offered anyone who wants a copy of it to PM me and send me an email address and I'll share it. You have to have Microsoft Excel to be able to use it, but I think that program is probably in most computers now.

It was a suggestion made by the Hellers the people who wrote "The Carbohydrate Addict's diet". They suggest weekly weight averaging. I just put it into a format that does all the math for me.

The reasons they gave is that our bodies fluxuate from day to day and we may be high in water one day or high in salt and so the scale may jump several pounds, which if we are looking for a new low every day may be discouraging. On the other hand if we only weigh once a week we may hit a low one week and a high on that day the next week and never see that our average weight is actually down from what that number shows on just one day of the week (the day we weighed). This too can get discouraging.

But by weighing every day and considering the "average" to be our true weight, then daily ups and downs tend to cancel themselves out, and we can see a general trend toward a lower weight week by week, if we are working the program.

I've been here before, I've been away, I tend to do really well for awhile and then get discouraged and give up. I think the discouragement was from expecting too much, too soon, so I'm trying again and using a more moderate approach. I think this particular tool will help me in that aspect of things.

lilybelle
06-20-2007, 01:05 AM
Hi everyone , I've been missing a couple days. My new grandson was born at 5:09PM yesterday. He weighed 7 lbs. 3 oz. and was 20 inches long. I was with Samantha throughout labor and delivery and I cut the cord. He was face up so pretty bruised, but mom and baby are both doing fine. He wasn't due til July 9th, but he made an early arrival. (actually sinc Sam had such a late Ultrasound her due date was most likely not accurate.) He does not have any signs of being premature. Samantha's soon to be XH did not come to the hospital to see the baby. Said he was "too busy". I stayed the night at the hospital with Samantha and we kept the baby in the room with us. Neither of us really got any sleep. When I came home today, I took a 3 hr. nap.

Whitney, the other pregnat SD was due to deliver on June 13th and still has not delivered. She isn't too happy that Samantha delivered first. LOL. I am expecting a call anytime now that Whitney is in labor.

jaesueray
06-20-2007, 07:32 AM
Morning all!!

Why is it that once we leave the beauty shop, we can never get our hair to do the same thing again!!!.....argh....my hair is driving me nuts!!!...but i got a lot of compliments on it, and i think im getting my way more...mmmmmm..interesting...

Just put some cubed steak, bell peppers, and tomatoes in the crock pot for pepper steak to have at dinner....hubby will prolly turn it off before he leaves for work at 11:00, it will prolly be done then.

two more days and my son will be home!! i cant wait to see him, i miss him so much. his birthday is friday and i will prolly buy a bday cake for him, cooking it myself is too much temptation. i have been looking for a cake reciepe so i can make a small serving of a cake for me, so i dont feel deprived during the celebration.

lillybelle - :bb:new baby!!! grandbabies are the best..glad you got some rest

sherry - your spreadsheet sounds great! thanks for sharing it

punce - sorry about the in-laws, here's some :hug::hug:for ya

bbum - have a good walk:running:

Nikki and Robin :hug::hug: hi guys!

everyone have a good day!!!
Jae

Nikki128
06-20-2007, 08:11 AM
Congrats on your new grandbaby lily

Jae- Never fails that you can't get your hair the same way lol.

Sherry - I may use your system it sounds like it makes sense to do so.

I had a bad weigh in today. The scale hows a 4 lb gain. I have stuck to my plan to the letter. I am thinking I may need a new plan. It is my TOM but still a 4 lb gain is excessive.

Nikki

RobinW
06-20-2007, 09:35 AM
Congratulations Lily!!

Punze~ good going getting back on track!!

Jae~ Ive never liked my hair after I leave the hairdresser. I always go right home and style it myself :lol:

Things are still going well, yesterday was a bit rough. I had the jitters, and I thought it was because I wasnt eating enough carbs. Sure enough, thats what it was. Usually my 3rd week of any program does funky things to my system. So I switched up my eating yesterday, and Im feeling much better. Oatmeal is on tap for breaky this morning :lol:

Have a great day ladies.

beach bum
06-20-2007, 11:21 AM

Not feeling well this morning. I have some sort of a stomach virus. Not going to be dieting today,just drinking chamomile tea and little plain toast,and good old chicken barley soup on the menu.

Have to go, will post later when I feeling better

lilybelle
06-20-2007, 12:32 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm trying once again to pull myself out of the trenches of over-eating and get back on plan. Hard to do, but completely necessary. We have had so much running around to do and unplanned events and dining out lately that sticking on plan went out the window. But, today will be better.

Ladies, thanks for all the Congrat's on our new grandbaby. Hope the other one gets here soon. Whitney, the other mom, is miserable and depressed. She has gained over 70 lbs. and the wt. gain is bothering her greatly. (She was always the thinnest of all the 5 girsl). She bought her a treadmill and I know she is very determined to take the wt. off after the baby arrives.

It is raining and storming hard here. So much for yard work today. Tehe.

I have a huge pot of stew with lots of my fresh garden veggies that I cooked late last night. DD had already cooked dinner last night (burgers,just what I needed) so I made the stew for tonite.

nascargal2001
06-20-2007, 01:07 PM
hello I am new to low carb and started doing ******* about 2 weeks ago. I have tried weight watchers too and lost 45 pounds before stalling and then gained everything back. I am saying I am doing ******* but making sure my carbs are at 20 grams a day, drinking lots of water and 30 minutes of exercise a day. I have lost 7.8 pounds in the 2 weeks I have been doing this. Although I have not been a 100 percent faithful, I have still lost and happy with it. I am not wanting to lose a lot of weight fast but feel if after losing 4 pounds on weight watchers a week, why not see what kind of results I get from trying the low carb *******. I am in so much need of know if I am doing the right things, how to not get bored with my meals, and if you have any advice to give someone new? I never claim to be an expert and welcome advice for any and all who have been successful on the low carb lifestyle.

beach bum
06-20-2007, 01:34 PM
hi Ladies:)

I''m feeling a little better, now that I had my chicken barley soup.Its amazing how that soup helps the system

Sherry-Thats a great way to battle the scale. I have been doing that for a while,but mine chart is in a note book.Weeks Average Weight,that what I'm doing but I never subtracted last week weight with this weeks,Yikes and all the time I though I was stalling. I now see that I lost almost 1 lb so far this month.

Lily-Congrats:cheers: on you being a grandma:bb: and hope your other DSD :preg: will have hers soon.You'll be back on track again.You only had a minor setback. We're expecting a little storm our way also.I guess the gardens need watering.

Jae-not walking to day as I don't feel well. Its the $64,0000 question??? why we can't keep our style that the way beauty salon do, they be out of business if we knew their :listen: secret.

Nikki-Sorry:sorry: about you gain, If its not TOM it could be sodium intake or are you drinking enough water??? When the boy get dehydrated it keeps all the water from previous days which is water retention.

Robin-Thats what I think is wrong with me not even carbs.I'm adding them back in to my main meal at dinner time.
Now that I'm on fitday I can see that my carb intake and fiber is going upward.Just have to watch that they don't up too far.

Have great one

jaesueray
06-21-2007, 07:24 AM
Morning all....1 more day unitl i see my son:celebrate::carrot::carrot: his plane gets in at 9:00pm friday. since hubby gets off of work at 830, he is going to the airport to pick him up. i will have to try to wait paitently at home until they get here:dizzy: i am taking a few days off next week to spend time with him, he goes back July 1st. Then on the 7th my daughter is getting married...whew!! i tired just typing it all out....:D:D

BB - glad you are feeling better..:hug::hug:

nascargirl - :welcome3: to the low carb wol, i dont claim to be a great success but what i did to make this doable for me is found reciepes that i love. i researched on the net, looked at the reciepes here and asked for favorites. hope you have much success!!

lillybelle - arent those fresh veggies great? :hungry:i am getting squash, peppers and tomatoes out of my garden and they are heaven!

nikki - isnt the scale a meanie sometimes? drink lots of water, maybe that will help:hug::hug:

Robinw - i have to switch things around sometimes too...glad it sloved your jitters

Have a great day everyone!!!
Jae

RobinW
06-21-2007, 08:44 AM
Enjoy your son when he gets here Jae :hug:

Well, I did really good all day yesterday......until supper. Which wasnt until 730 last night. It wasnt all that bad, but it certainly wasnt good. We worked nonstop all day, and finally I said to dh, I quit lets go. So off to Kostas (our regular restaurant) we went. I didnt want the souvlaki, so I had the fish instead, but because I was tired, I didnt ask the right questions. So it arrived battered and deep fried, I asked to switch the fries to soup, but it arrived a thick creamy noodle mixture. So, I thought "to heck with it" and ate my soup and fish. It was all good :lol: Then came home and watched ghost hunters and munched on cheese flavoured rice cakes :lol:

So, its a fresh start this morning.

Nikki128
06-21-2007, 08:49 AM
Hi Ladies

Robin New day fresh start. I like your attitude!

Jae Enjoy your family.

Nascar Welcome to the group

BB Hoping you feel much better today.

Lily I can imagine being depressed gaining 70 lbswith a prenancy. Maybe she will join you on the low carb way of life. Again congrats on the new baby!

As for me the weight gain must have been my TOM. Today my TOM is over and I am back down to 151. I'm hoping to see at least a 2 lb loss this week.

Nikki

beach bum
06-21-2007, 02:22 PM
Hi Ladies:)

I'm feeling ok this morning,I guess it was some kind of bug.

Does anyone that is using Fitday know how to calculate the recommend requirement charts.My average calorie count for this week was 1200 cals. I can't believe is so low,as I was having way over 1300 per day according to my calculation. My range according to WW pt system is 1300-[22p]--1500-[25p]

I guess I need a better calorie & carb counter.The only thing I don't like about Fit Day is that they generalize the foods lists and it takes to long to calculate every ingredient in a recipe.

Weigh-in tomorrow morning as Dh is taking me out for lunch to celebrate my birthday and I'm going to splurge. I'll start getting serious again Next mouth.

Jae-I'm so happy:carrot: for you,enjoy your time with your son & family event.

Robin-Evenings are a hard :yes: to be in control food wise, I have the same problem,even eating allowed foods.Can't seem to lose. I like watching :ghost:Ghost Hunters:ghost: also,watched the end of the show as I was watching a movie called Project X.

Nikki-You'll get down there. Glad :yes:it was TOM that made you go up.

Have a great one

callystia
06-21-2007, 03:13 PM
*blows the dust off this account* I'm baaaack. :D

And ten pounds heavier than last time, darn it. Thank you, Lexapro.

I'm also having much more trouble with my lupus pain, as well as a few ups and downs with my blood sugar. So having (hopefully, FINALLY) learned my lesson, I'm back to low-carb, and I know I need to stick with it. The hubby and I have been on Induction for three days now, and are getting past the worst of the carb cravings, thank goodness. And I SO look forward to seeing that number on the scale drop again!

So, anyone remember me? :D

RobinW
06-21-2007, 07:26 PM
:welcome3: back Cally!

lilybelle
06-21-2007, 07:28 PM
Hi everyone, Not much news here. The other grandbaby still has not arrived yet.

I'm trying to get my eating back on track. I have been going for walks again even with all the yard work so that much is good.

My son called last night from his Army Drill in California. He says it is really HOT there. He sounded happy. He was chosen to attend a 2 week Sapper School (some type of specialty training) that starts the day after this Drill ends so he'll end up being gone for 5 weeks. As soon as he gets home his new job in the Oil Field is awaiting him. LOL. So with any luck, he may be able to afford his own apartment again soon.

Hi, Callystia, I do remember you. Good to see you back with us again.

callystia
06-21-2007, 07:30 PM
Thanks, guys!

Lilybelle, the memory of your success in staying low-carb is actually one of the main reasons I came back to Atkins. :)

Puncezilla
06-21-2007, 07:47 PM
Hi, the inlaws are finaly gone, so I'm having a nice quiet peacefull day. I am back on track from my little piggout but I think I'll go back to induction for a few days atleast since my carbs have been a little high , and I'v gone up a lb instead of down.
I hope your all doing well. I'll be back tomorow when I'v fully recouperated.

callystia
06-21-2007, 07:58 PM
Oooh, Puncezilla, you're so close to "onederland"! You must be excited. :)

jaesueray
06-22-2007, 07:18 AM
Morning everybody!!
He will be here tonite!!!:carrot::carrot: I cant wait to see my son and its his birthday, 21, my baby is 21:dizzy:where did the time go??? I will go by the store on the way home today and get a small bday cake for him, and some ingredients for a small lowcarb desert for me, no deprivation allowed!!

Did good with my food yesterday, hubby even cooked some steak before he went to work at noon. He boiled a bunch of eggs too..It was nice to come home to meat already cooked...all i had to do was throw together a salad and i was eating!!

I am feeling better and better every day. i can move better and for longer periods of time. i even find that i push myself to walk extra during my work day...isnt that something?:D

Robinw - doncha hate that? i forget to do that when im tired too:hug:

Nikki - congrats on TOM leaving as well as the loss...:carrot:

bbum - glad you are feeling better

callyista - welcome back!

lillybelle - you always do so well with the exercise, WTG!

punce - glad thats over for you, just relax and regroup, you will be fine:)

Have a great day all!!
Jae

SherryA
06-22-2007, 11:01 AM
I keep trying to get back to Atkins induction level carbs. I think the problem is I haven't planned this well and need to go grocery shopping. The right foods aren't in the house and some of the wrong foods still are. I've been doing well otherwise, keeping my quantities of food low and not eating late at night.

The scale looks like it has dropped about 2 pounds a week since I started. Or thereabouts. This week there hasn't been much going on, but I have been hanging at a pretty low point for me. I know if I pushed myself I could lower it even more, but next week will be the test for that. This week the scale has gone up and down between one number and the next pound up. This keeps the average lower than last week, but doesn't seem to me like a real loss. If it does the same thing next week there won't be any loss at all.

So I need to work a little harder at it. Yesterday was a wonderful happy day. I went to bed without dinner because I had a pretty wonderful lunch and didn't feel I needed to keep putting food in my mouth.

It is finally Friday and payday. Thank goodness. It seems like I haven't had any money in so long! I was behind in my house payment and every check I've had for weeks and weeks was spent in catching that up. Now I finally have some money I can use, or I could use it to pay July's house payment. Either way I won't be late with July.

So I have decisions to make.

Nikki128
06-22-2007, 11:14 AM
Ladies I need some help. I am going to my boyfriends friends house for dinner tonight. She just told me they are makin pasta. I do not want to insult her but I dont want to screw my atkins up by eating pasta. How do I not eat pasta but not insult her?

Nikki

Puncezilla
06-22-2007, 03:28 PM
Nikki, I think you should just tell her you dont eat pasta. If pasta is all she's serving then you could offer to bring a salad. Then eat something befor you go so your not super hungry. I dont think you should worry to much about offending her, most people are understanding.

Nikki128
06-22-2007, 03:31 PM
Thanks Puncezilla

Puncezilla
06-22-2007, 03:55 PM
Callystia, Welcome back! I am in onederland:dancer:, I just forgot to change my ticker!

I am feeling better today. and the roof looks good, so I'm happy with that. And DH is happy he saved a lot of$$$ by having them help him. I need to start losing again if I'm going to make my next goal. I realy need to get off my but and excersize, and drink more water. I feel like I'v wasted another week doing nothing. It's so hard not to get discouraged sometimes.

I hope everyone else is having a wonderfull day.

lilybelle
06-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Callystia, thanks so much for your wonderful comment. Atkins does work and I'm living proof of it.I always get excited when I see that people are giving it a chance because I know it works.

Punce, try not to get frustrated, I know things will be easier for you now that the in-laws are gone.

Niki, early in the Atkins journey I was faced with Spaghetti at my MIL's. She made it for DH since she knows he loves it. I grilled me a quick chicken breast and had the salad with everyone else. She was not offended at all. Now she is on Atkins and wouldnt dream of serving spaghetti, LOL.

Jae, hope you have a great evening with your son. I can just imagine how excited you are to see him. (My son will be gone for 4 more weeks and I am already missing him bunches.) My son is also 21 and I don't know where all the years went.

Sherry, you are absolutely right. Atkins does take planning and lots of it. It is near impossible to stick OP without having lots of low-carb choices available. I can sure identify with your money struggles and how great it feels to get paid. I hate getting behind on my bills, but it has happened at times. May and June have been really hard for us. Everything has been paid but there was nothing left over. Here's hoping that July will be better with DH and DS both having new jobs that pay more. Yippeee.

Nikki128
06-22-2007, 05:57 PM
Thanks lily. I decided to bring a side salad and a burger no bun obviously. I will just explain I am on atkins and I don't want to mess up my metabolism and ketosis :)

callystia
06-22-2007, 05:59 PM
That sounds perfect, Nikki! Who knows, maybe you'll inspire her to try out low-carb too. :D

beach bum
06-22-2007, 06:51 PM

Sorry :sorry:I was MIA today,Went to our famous "CLAM SHACK" for lunch for my Birthday.[fried clams, french fries, cole slaw & lemonade is whats on the menu] This morning I was low carbing and tonight I will be on plan again. No Birthday Cake,don't need that.

W-I was this morning and again I maintained. Can't figure out why, My ticker is stuck again. 3 weeks in a row.

Puncezilla-You'll lose it again. I should have whined :cry: I lost one lb this month before the stall. I think I'll be up with you for have all the above carbs today.Congrats:cheers: for being in onederland.

JaeGlad:carrot: that your sons home have a wonderful time with him.before he has to return. We're celebrating the same ;woo:birthday,but I have many moon beyond him.Wish him a Happy:hb: Birthday.Feeling a lot better.

Nikki-I agree with puncezilla,she shouldn't feel insulted. Many people are on different types of eating plans for health or weight loss.Ask the hostess if it alright to bring a salad instead.

Have a great weekend

beach bum
06-23-2007, 10:54 AM

I had a wonderful birthday,and enjoyed the food choices at the Clam Shack. Now it back to reality and work this little gain. Going to try to power walk along the beach this morning weighing my weights.

We didn't have the thunder storm after all,but we did have a heavy rainfall,and we were too late getting our car windows closed. The seats we all wet. Hope we don't get that musty smell in the car.

Have to get ready for my walk

lilybelle
06-23-2007, 02:58 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BB. Glad you had a nice B-day lunch.

I had planned to mow my yard again today but once again it's raining. I did get to weed the garden this morning and sprinkle Seven dust on all my plants.

My exercise is definitely above Par but eating could be better. My wt. has maintained this week so need to step up the food plan and lose a few lbs.

Tomorrow is SD's 15th birthday. Lord help me forego the cake. We plan to be at the lake skiing, swimming, tubing and wakeboarding. So, hope this rain goes away.

RobinW
06-23-2007, 07:00 PM
Happy Birthday BB!!!

Bouncing
06-24-2007, 01:55 AM
HB, BB. Lily, that cake never tastes as good as it looks (or smells), does it? I've been super careful about salt. and of the prodiga;l 6 lbs, 4 have left home again as of today. I'm not changing the darned ticker and profile again until things get stable, but today 259. I am SO relieved. I'm also getting a handle on the diet pepsi habit. This is all hard to believe: a month and a half op, including the first days, and I'm not crazy and cravings are conspicuous by their absence. This Atkins journey is sure the right road for me, so far. I'll put up with the bouncing scale. so long as th trend stays downward. Why shouldn't the scale bounce? Every thing else does!

lilybelle
06-24-2007, 04:39 AM
Hi everyone,

My new granddaughter arrived at 7:52PM. 9lbs.4oz and 21 1/2 inches long. Beautiful of course. She arrived via Cesarean after 26 hrs. of labor with no dilation past 3 centimeters. I was getting very worried since US showed her to be a large baby and she was 10 days overdue. Both mom and baby are now doing great. Proudest new daddy and grandpa (DH)in the world .

With 2 new grandbabies in 6 days, I hope now we get a little break before anyone else gets pregnant. LOL.

Laura G
06-24-2007, 01:09 PM
Congratualtions Grandma Lilybelle! I hope you enjoy the heck out of your two newest additions!

callystia
06-24-2007, 01:34 PM
Congratulations!! :)

lilybelle
06-24-2007, 01:35 PM
Thanks Laura, I'm sure I'll enjoy these 2 new ones as much as I enjoy the first 2 that are now ages 3 and 1. Gosh, I feel old. LOL.

I did do 5 hrs. of yard work yesterday. My yard looks so awesome. My neighbor finally brushhogged their darn pasture and it makes all the work I've done look even better. I can actually SEE the deer out there now instead of just hearing my dogs bark at them.

Today is my 15 yr. old SD's birthday. So, we're heading to the lake for a day of fun and activity.

Puncezilla
06-24-2007, 02:32 PM
Congrats Lily!

And Happy belated birthday BB.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I'm still hangin' in there.

beach bum
06-24-2007, 04:46 PM

My friends & I did something different this morning,instead of going to brunch we went for lunch to a new restaurant that over looks Martha's Vineyard Sound.We had a table on the outside terrace,oh how beautiful it was watching the surf breaking along the shore. I had a Chicken Panini and sweet potato fries. Yum-o like Rachael would say.

Thanks:thanks: Ladies for your:woo: birthday greeting. Of course as you see I still celebrating. Thank Goodness I don't get weighed-in until the end of the week. It would be a disaster if I had to on Monday.

Lily-Big congrats :cheers: on being a grandma twice. She a good size baby,glad to hear that the mom & child are healthy.

Boucing-I have the same problem with my waist high doctor scale :goodscale: does the same thing if the balance beam isn't centered.Don't know anything about the digital ones :sorry:sorry.

Puncezilla-Hi :wave: thanks for the greeting. I hanging in there also. I trying something different this week. I'm going to have a lite breakfast and dinner and heavy in the afternoon. Maybe that will shake something loose. My DH & I were remissing about our childhood and we remember our parents use to cook their heavy meal at noon,and have a lite supper in the evening. Going to try that and see what happens.

Have a great day, see you guys in the morning

Nikki128
06-24-2007, 08:57 PM
Happy BeLated Birthday BB

Lily congrats on your new grandbaby

I had a good weekend. I was able to stay on track totally. My friend made me some rosemary chicken and brocolli for dinner friday so I did not have to eat the pasta. Crisis averted :) I am hoping to see some major loss from my 155 weigh in last week.

Nikki

Puncezilla
06-25-2007, 03:01 PM
BB, I think eating more for lunch and less for supper is a great plan. I like to save half of my dinner and eat it for breakfast or lunch the next day. I just don't feel the need to eat that much late in the day when I'm the least active. (I used to eat very little durring the day and pigg out at dinner)

Nikki, I'm glad your dinner worked out for you, I have had to deal with this alot, even before I started atkins, as I have celiacs, I find most people are very accommodating. Although I have had a few people try to get me to eat "just a little" of something even after I told them I'm gluten intoerant.

I'm doing good and I hope everyone else is aswell.