Old 06-17-2007, 07:46 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2"

Angry How long??

Hey everyone. I'm new here and very glad I found this forum!

Basically I have so far lost about 15 pounds, but my clothes are still fitting kinda tight/snug. This is very frustrating! Shouldn't they be getting loose by now? I am just curious how much weight you all lost before you noticed your clothes being loose, and also how much did you lose before other people noticed your weight loss?

I'm doing this the slow and healthy way, but man, 15 pounds are gone and I still feel and look (well my belly is just a tiny bit smaller... prolly not as bloated!!) the same as I did when I started! It's a bit sad and annoying. Any comments??

Jpye

Last edited by Jpye; 06-17-2007 at 07:58 PM.
Jpye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:07 PM   #2  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

It takes me approximately 20 lbs. lost to go down a full size, but I think some of that depends on where you lose fat first. People seemed to start noticing around 20-30 lbs. lost that I was looking slimmer although those that knew I was trying to lose weight seemed to notice before that.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:19 PM   #3  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Well the people that knew I was on a diet started to notice around 20lbs, but everyone else didn't start to notice until between 35-40 and even then they just said it was really only noticable in my upper body around my face and neckline! I was like thanks for noticing but I want to lose these hips and this belly not my face and neck!

It'll come just keep going. Good Luck!!!
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:39 PM   #4  
Highest Weight ever, 225

S/C/G: 225/185/160

Height: 5'8"

I have noticed in the past when losing weight (and read about it somewhere in an article) that I lose from the top down. I have lost about 4 pounds (weigh in offically tomorrow) and noticed I have a slight divit in the cheek bone area. I know for a fact that next to lose is my chest..sigh..and then slowly down wards to the big behind and hips. So maybe you are losing from the upper body or upper back area and because of that not noticing the diff yet? Did you take any bathing suit shots before hand to help keep track? I did so am excited to see what kinds of difference it will make when I lose 15-20 pounds, hoping my back fat (which wouldn't make a big dif on how clothes fit) will go away. Good luck, oh and maybe take some measurements, sometimes that helps tell you where change is...
edzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:20 AM   #5  

When I regained my weight, I noticed that I fit in my current size for nearly 20 lbs. But when I was losing I lost 30 lbs and went down 2 sizes (but I don't know where I hit that size between b/c I just wore very loose clothes over that entire 30 lbs. loss). So I'm not expecting to fit in smaller sizes for another 10-15 lbs. here. LOL
gaylors79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:55 AM   #6  

Height: 5'2"

i'm not sure, i think it depends for everyone and their body type. how exactly did you lose weight? because if you lose weight by heavy restricting and cardio, you'll lose weight..but you'll be flabby and you won't be toned. that's why you shouldn't starve yourself, and while doing cardio, you should also do weight training. i could but wrong, but that's what i think..and have read.

for me, i gained about 15 pounds, and went up two sizes. so i know that when i lose it, by eating healthily (not starving myself), and good exercise..i'll go back down two sizes. i've actually lost 2 pounds so far, and my clothes feel a bit looser, even though i didn't lose a lot of weight, but i've been using weights in my exercise routine.
kateconfessional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:31 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

I think it also depends on your starting weight. I think when you are heavier, it takes more weight loss to lose inches (which translates into smaller sizes), but as you continue to lose weight, you will start to go down in sizes much more quickly, especially since you are not tall. My typical weight range is between 140 and 170, and I seem to go down a size every 10-15 lbs, if that's helpful to you. (size 12 at 170, size 10 at 155-160, size 8 at 140-145). Every body type is different, though!
Karina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:31 PM   #8  
Ready to do it!

S/C/G: 215/ticker/164

Height: 5'7

Hi! Congrats on the first 15lbs! For me, I lost 15 lbs and people started noticing it. I think it's noticable in my face, but also my hips and butt. Some one said they almost didn't recognize me from the back.
4thebigday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 08:07 PM   #9  

I was just talking about this today with my husband. I have just hit the 25 lb lost mark, and everything still seems to be fitting just like it used to. I don't get it!!! No one has even noticed I have lost weight. It makes it seem as if I am just so freaking fat, 25 pounds doesn't make a difference. Very discouraging. But I figure if they don't notice it at 25 lbs, I'll just have to lose more. But still! I long for the day I can go down a size, FINALLY!
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 08:40 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'9"

I know, I want results! I feel them in my current clothes but nothing when I go to the stores to purchase new clothes. I'm still about the same size, its so frustrating and I don't want to purchase new jeans/clothes until I absolutely need them, but I'm struggling here!

I just want to be down at least one pant size or something... I hear it takes on average 15-20 pounds but I think I've lost about that. Its just weird that I'm in the same size clothing with a 20 or so pound difference... It was good when I was gaining and could still wear the 14s, but now that I'm dieting it STINKS that I can still wear them
Dreamer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:07 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 275+/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

I've lost nearly 50 pounds and gone down only one pants size, I started at a size 20 and I'm now a pretty comfy 18, although my top has gone down to a size 16. I think it's all in the individual and where our bodies naturally lose weight first.
Practically none of the people that I see every day have noticed any differences at all but when I started at my summer job last month with people who haven't seen me in months, everyone noticed and had nice things to say.
Really I think that what's most important to me is not the clothing size (although I can't wait to shop in regular clothes stores!) but how I feel about myself, and that has nothing to do with the number on my pants and lots to do with the positive changes that I'm making in my life.
bluesparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:24 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 227/142/135

Height: 5'5"

I have lost 30.5 lbs and I am still in the same size clothing, so I really think it depends on how much you have to lose. The difference between 210 and 180 could be nothing, and the difference between 160 and 145 could be two sizes, kwim?
MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:10 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 240/230/160

Height: 5'7"

wow...you ladies have done amazing jobs at losing!! what a great questions Jpye!! i hope i have that much success. i know that for me, when im about 30 lbs lighter i tend to be one size smaller. but i agree....everyone is different.
angeleyes317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:38 AM   #14  
Bringing Sexy Back!

S/C/G: 125kg/125kg/70kg

Height: 164cm

It also depends on what exercise you're doing.

When I last lost weight I was an (Australian) size 18, starting to get into 16. At my lowest I was 105kg. I've lost 8kg and am currently 117kg and am starting to fit into my old size 18s. Three more kgs and I'll be comfterble in them.
Renny Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:51 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

For most people, it probably takes about 20 pounds to drop a pants size. It depends on your body structure, how easily you build muscle, and how much weight you initially have to lose in the first place.

I agree with kateconfessional. I know most people DO lose weight with heavy restricting and cardio, but I think slight calorie reduction, cardio, AND weight training is the way to go. Proof: I've lost 10 pounds and already can wear one size smaller. I think I'll have to lose around 5-10 more pounds to be completely comfortable shopping in that size, but I'm close. (When I started, I was a 10-12, but now I can wear some 8's... so... 8-10 maybe?)

I also know some girls don't care about muscle definition, as long as they look skinny... I'm not naturally skinny, I'm tired of starving myself and trying to achieve an ideal I can never maintain, and since I have a medium-large bone structure, I'm going more for Jackie Warner than for Paris Hilton.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote