Old 06-17-2007, 05:58 PM   #1  

Default In front of the c-c-c-a-......

camera...... such a scary thing!

I hate to say this, but I was too embarrassed to be in front of the camera for a true before picture. (gasp! gulp!)

Now that I've lost some weight, I truly wish I had a REAL before pix!

The other day I asked my daughter to take a picture of me. Not standing behind something. She was shocked and thought I was kidding. I knew I had to track my journey. And it's a digital camera, so it doesn't have to be seen by anyone else but me.........

I was just wondering--from people like Rockin Robin and others who have lost significant weight, how often did you taking pictures?

I can tell that I'm losing weight from everywhere this time. I feel so terrific.

How have others gotten over avoiding a camera? I feel badly because IF something were to happen to me, my girls would only have a handful of pictures with me in them. I'm serious---maybe all of 5 or 6 pix of me over the past 10 years.

Just wondering--and if you're new and you haven't taken a before picture, don't wait! I wish I had taken one sooner :-)

bree
watch me shrink!
freezeframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:36 PM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Bree, I have so few pictures of myself it's not to be believed. I'm 43 years old and have 3 teenaged daughters. Looking at our family photo albums, our MANY, MANY family photo albums that is, it practically looks like my family is motherless. So incredibly sad.

Yup, that picture of me in the mini-goal section, that before shot - was taken by my daughter on her digital camera. I actually had to take one for that purpose alone - the "before" shot. I wanted to have it on record. I HATE the picture. Hate, hate, HATE it. But I'm glad I have it. I need to remember it for always. Remember how I never, ever want to be that fat and sad looking again that is.

Although I'm not at goal yet, I've got to make it a point to take some pictures with my family and soon. It's high time. I still am having some difficulties taking pics, I'm just not used to it. It's something I avoided for so long that I'm having trouble getting accostomed to it. Smiling for a camera is still very new to me. But I am getting better. I no longer have to hide behind anyone. It's a great feeling. Not that before I could have hid anywhere before, I was sooo big.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:30 PM   #3  
having Senior Moments

S/C/G: 265/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I too have been the family photographer since I was an adult. When my mother died 2 yrs ago, I found only a couple of pictures of her and I together, and of course those were ones someone else took. Then I noticed that I had only 5 or 6 of my kids, or my grandkids and I together. I've really have been trying to be less camera phobic since then and allowing myself to get photographed at family gatherings. But it kills me to look at myself in them. <shuddering just thinking about it>
soiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:36 PM   #4  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I have taken pictures every 20 lbs I have lost. I have seemed to lose a size every 20 or so pounds so it makes for a good record I think.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:06 PM   #5  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Although I am almost never happy with the result, I make a point of getting my picture taken with Jacob. If I didn't, it would also look like he was motherless!! For some reason I have never been very camera shy.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:21 PM   #6  

I absolutely hate getting my picture taken-I always have, even when I was thinner. I try to force myself to get in pictures with my son, because even though I despise how I look, you can never replace the memories.

Sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 04:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Other than a brief phase from about 12-14, I've always enjoyed having my picture taken. Not that I haven't been shocked at how fat I looked once I got them, I still like to see me in pictures. I guess I'm narcissistic (SP?). .

I too am usually the photographer so I try to make sure hubby gets pics of me and the kids. My mom is also trying to lose weight and hates her picture made but I know that she'll appreciate having some "before" pics so I try to sneak a couple of shots here and there.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 04:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

This post prompted me to put some "progress pics" up in that section. I've never shyed away from the camera, I never liked how I looked, but I fugured it was me.... (why worry about the camera??)
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:43 PM   #9  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I am also in the nacissitic category. I love pictures of me. Which is why I am the queen of self-portraits.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:31 PM   #10  
trgeorg

S/C/G: 289/289/189

Height: 5'8

Default my heaviest

I didn't have anyone to photograph me today, Sooooo I took a video of myself with my digital camera. Why is it, that you can't see yourself the way that you really are?????? I am at my all time heaviest weight. So thank you for reminding me to take the before picture.
trgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:46 PM   #11  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I'm the same, never like to have my picture taken but I make it a point of having a family portrait done once a year otherwise there would probably be no pictures of me. I read a story of a family who after their mom passed away realized that there were no pictures to remember her by because she was overweight and ashamed of how she looked so would never have her picture taken. I don't want that for my son but I would like to have more pictures of the 2 of us together. My hubby isn't much for picture taking though and he knows how badly I feel about seeing picture of myself. More reason to get the weight off!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:50 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Bree,

I can relate. NO ONE has pictures of me. I mean, my mom has a few here and there, but I duck out of most of them. My SO and I have been together for about 8 months and we have no pictures together, nor does she have any of me. I think the last time I was in any family picture was at my cousin's wedding, and that was only because I was in it

My best friend said, before I started losing weight, said she'd take pictures of me in my underwear if it would help. I just laughed out loud! I'm not *that* brave.

Although, I do agree it is important to have pictures to see how far you've come. Good for you for realizing that. It is SUCH a motivation. When I feel negatively about how slowly my weight loss is going, I look at pictures from my absolute highest weight (the only reason I have them is because they're the obligatory graduation ones).
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:58 PM   #13  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I forgot to say that I do have BEFORE pics, my husband snapped some pics of me in a unitard, front view and side view. Honestly I should have a bunch printed and posted in my kitchen. I'd probably never eat again.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:26 PM   #14  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Height: 5'8"

I recently had a picture taken with a group for a very important product that our company launched. I WISH THEY COULD PHOTOSHOP me out of it!!! Gosh, I hate getting my picture taken!!
-Jan
Janny O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:42 PM   #15  

Height: 5'6"

Full body pics of me, scare me, though, I love self portraits of my face...I have tons of those on a digital file. I have previous before pics from attempted weightloss...so that'll do for before, I even did a self portrait nude in bathroom mirror ...now that is a SCARY pix! When I loose this weight, though, it will be a realistic look of who I was and where I am as a thinner version of me. If I posted that on my fridge, I'd never eat again! LOL!
indigal is offline   Reply With Quote