Whole Foods Lifestyle - Metabolism?!

View Full Version : Metabolism?!

Shellebelle
06-17-2007, 06:16 PM
I've been on raw foods for nearly six weeks now, and I feel fantastic... I lost quite a bit the first few weeks, though for the last three my weight has remained the same. I am worried that my metabolism has slowed down due to not consuming anywhere near the amount of calories I was eating before. Has anyone else run into this same situation?? I am trying to do everything correctly (as I know it can be tricky with the whole raw vegan thing), and I'm trying to add things like ginger and lemon with hot water in the mornings, which are known metabolism boosters, but with little result! Also, I am trying to encorporate daily excercise like walking and yoga, although I struggle with motivation sometimes! Does anyone else have any suggestions or going through the same thing??

Cheers, Shell ;)

onthetee
06-17-2007, 07:15 PM
I don't think that your body is in starvation mode. It could be a normal plateau about which we all complain.

How many cals were you eating when you were losing and how many are you taking in now?

How are you eating? Throughout the day?

I assume that with the whole foods, your fiber is way up. Are you drinking enough water to compensate for that. You may not be moving weight out of your bowels as easily as you could if you upped your liquid to match your fiber intake.