Support Groups - Weekly Challenge - Dec. 9 - Dec. 15

sweet tooth
12-07-2001, 10:39 AM
I have decided to start a challenge that lasts only one, yes, just ONE week. This week I am challenging everyone to drink 8 glasses of water (or the equivalent) everyday from December 9 until December 15.

We all know that drinking water contributes to weight loss, so I thought this would be a good challenge for us all before the Christmas season really gets into full swing. We might even lose a few extra pounds...

Sign up if you are in, check in everyday to update your past day's results and add comments on any difficulties you come across and how you resolve them.

For me, I am committing to the challenge and promising to drink 8 glasses of water each day next week.

This challenge wants YOU!

Motivated_Kitten
12-07-2001, 11:13 AM
Okay,

I'll do this, but that means 64 ounces right? 8 cups of 8 ounce cups? I use a 33 ounce bottle at work of seltzer water--does that count? Then I drink fresh water from it after I empty it of the seltzer.

sweet tooth
12-07-2001, 11:37 AM
Yes, that's right. 8 glasses at 8 oz each. The seltzer counts, too. I drink sugar free seltzers all the time. That's the only way I can get my water intake in.

Sassy
12-07-2001, 01:20 PM
Hey Peggy,
This is such a great idea to do weekly challenges. This way we can work on meeting the challenge of something for a week and can see how easy it can be if we really try. I love the water challenge and I will join this challenge because that is something besides trying to exercise everyday I can too. The journaling I am not good at yet, and some weeks I do better than others. LOL But this I love and starting with the water will surely make a difference in our weight loss, especially if any of you's have any chinese food, than man does my weight go up and do I ever have to drink water like crazy. But I can do this so count me in guys.

I am sitting here right now with my water jug besides me so GLUG GLUG GLUG off I go! TO THE BATHROOM PROBALY FROM DRINKING ALL THIS WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sassy Sharon

Jello
12-07-2001, 02:00 PM
Peggy, hope you don't mind if I take it a step further, just for myself. I already drink 64 oz. of water every day so I'm going to try for at least 10 glasses or 80 oz. every day. That is, except for the weekend where I am seriously lacking. I never seem to get it all in over the weekend. So I vow to do the 64 oz. on Saturday and on Sunday and 80 oz. Mon. through Fri.

Hm, going out to the mall tomorrow. Better find out where the ladies' rooms are first......

This is a great thread, Peggy!! :)

CJ
12-07-2001, 04:05 PM
Great thread Peggy! I'm in! But like Jello, I have no problem drinking the 8 glasses so I'm going for the 10 also! Hey Sharon - get ready cuz I'm sure the journaling is going to be one of our challenges! hahahahaha --- Oops, I should talk - I fell off the wagon there for a bit myself - but am getting back on again!

Do we report every day ???

Love, CJ

Sassy
12-08-2001, 10:41 AM
Hey Peggy, CJ, Jello and Tricia.

So far so good, I am drinking ALL my water PLUS a glass or two more when I can. This challenge really helps us and I am soooo happy that you started it Peggy. How are the rest of you doing? Fine I hope!

Oh ya CJ, the journaling will probaly be coming up and that is one I will really have to work at. LOL The water one is pretty easy for me and will be an exercise one but the journaling.........................
will be a real challenge.

Take care everyone and please post and let us know how it is going for you.

Love ya, Sharon :cool:

Sassy
12-08-2001, 10:42 AM

So far so good, I am drinking ALL my water PLUS a glass or two more when I can. This challenge really helps us and I am soooo happy that you started it Peggy. How are the rest of you doing? Fine I hope!

Oh ya CJ, the journaling will probaly be coming up and that is one I will really have to work at. LOL The water one is pretty easy for me and will be an exercise one but the journaling.........................

Anyone else up to the challenge? Come on guys, it can only help you.

Sassy
12-08-2001, 10:47 AM

Anyone else up to the challenge? Come on guys, it can only help you.

sweet tooth
12-08-2001, 07:19 PM
Just checking in to make sure that my water count is in. Yesterday I drank 10 1/2 glasses of water. Today, so far, has only been 4. I will make to the 8 yet and maybe a little more.

It's good to see everyone is starting the challenge early and getting ready for the start tomorrow. Personally, I will be sticking close to a biffy!

Take care,

CJ
12-09-2001, 09:34 PM
Checking in ... I had 8 glasses of water yesterday and am drinking my 9th glass now as we speak ... then off to bed! Hope you all had a great weekend.

Until tomorrow ...
CJ

sweet tooth
12-09-2001, 09:48 PM
Today is the first day of the challenge...the previous days were practice for everyone. So far today, I have had 5 glasses of water, but am sipping on the remaining 3 as we speak. I'll finish them, then off to bed for me.

Tomorrow, it is back to work and I have 3 - 16 hour days to cope with. That should keep me busy, instead of in the fridge!

CJ
12-10-2001, 10:51 PM
Monday - Dec 10

I got my 10 glasses (80 oz) in today!

CJ

sweet tooth
12-11-2001, 09:25 AM
Monday, Dec. 10

10 glasses for me, too!

Jello
12-11-2001, 11:38 AM
Was running around so much yesterday that I didn't get in the water. So when I finally got home, I had to catch up. Drank lots of water in the late afternoon and into the evening. You all know how much sleep I got last night!! :lol: But I did it!

On my sixth glass already today and it's not even noon yet....

CJ
12-12-2001, 08:42 AM
Got my 10 glasses in again today!

Love, CJ

sweet tooth
12-12-2001, 01:53 PM
December 11, 2001:

I got 10 glasses in yesterday. I sing in a band at work and drink a lot of water at rehearsals, so that helped yesterday. I got the extra in because I was so thirsty.

Today is going well. I have had 5 glasses of water so far and will probably drink the rest this afternoon.

Keep up the good work, everyone!

Jello
12-12-2001, 04:32 PM
I'm water logged!!! :lol:

Tried this new stuff (new to me anyway) called Fruitwater. It's flavored water but the flavor is not very strong at all. Sometimes those fruit flavored waters seem a little too sweet for me but this stuff is good.

Anyway, still doing really well getting in all the water...

CJ
12-12-2001, 09:29 PM
Ahem .... drum roll please --- I drank 12 glasses (yes, 12) that's 96 oz of water today. :dizzy:

Love, CJ

sweet tooth
12-13-2001, 02:04 PM
CJ - Druuummmmm RRRRRRRooooooollllllllll! Congrats on the water intake...Where did you spend your day yesterday?

By the way, the seltzers that I drink have another description on them that says "Low Calorie Sparkling Water Beverage." Maybe it's a difference in terms - you know, the Canadian thang.

Jo - The flavored water sounds good. What brand is it? Hmmm, wonder if they sell that stuff here...

Oh, I just about forgot, I got my 10 glasses in yesterday. I'm only at 4 today, though. I'll have to keep working on that.

Update: 6 glasses of water so far on Dec. 13, 2001. Two more to go. Only got one more glass in. Total: 7 glasses.

Jello
12-14-2001, 10:40 AM
Water water everywhere!!! Have to leave for the company Xmas party soon but have to stop at the ladies' first!!!

This was a great challenge!!! What's next week's?

sweet tooth
12-14-2001, 02:43 PM
Well, I only got 7 glasses of water in yesterday. Tried, but just didn't make it.

December 14, 2001

Have already had 4, and that was before noon. Will drink the rest this afternoon.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Sassy
12-15-2001, 09:57 AM
Hi everyone,
Yes I have been doing really well with the water challenge so far. I have had at least my 8 glasses of water and more when I can get it in.

Peggy-That is still good that you got those 7 glasses of water in like you did. Close enough I say don't you? I think that any water you drink will benefit you, and much better than no water at all.

CJ-Yikes 12 glasses of water??? You must be floating by now. LOL

Jello-Thanks for sharing the imfo about the Fruitwater, I will have to see if it is around here and if it is give it a try.

Take care guys and remember GLUG GLUG GLUG

Love ya, Sharon

sweet tooth
12-17-2001, 09:39 AM
December 15, 2001

It's the final day of the challenge, and I did drink my 8 glasses. Had some running around to do, so found it a bit difficult to be chug-a-lugging. However, I did get the minimum in. Hope to keep the water intake going now that I have started.