Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-15-2007, 03:03 PM   #1  
Geek and like it.

Location: i am neither greek nor athenian, but a citizen of the world.

Default um..ow?

okay so I upped my fitness routine to include a brisk walk on the days I don't swim (except on Sundays) and tomorrow I'm buying some weights. I've been at it for a couple of weeks now, and all was well. I'm maintaining at a pound under goal. But today the front of my thighs really really hurts! Seriously, I was sooo stiff tonight it was an effort just to walk across college to the computer labs! Is this normal? I am stretching daily and doing warm-up and cool down. Anyone else been through this?
Me23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Sore quads are totally normal--at least for me. If you're doing something new with your legs (like walking or lifting or running) your quads will punish you for a while. It should pass as your body begins to acclimate to the new exercise.

(My quads were FURIOUS with me when I first started doing my wall squats. For the first 2 weeks, I would be completely stiff and sore for 3 or 4 days after doing them. Then one day they got used to it and I haven't had a problem. And yet, I opted to cycle instead of run at the gym the other day, and my legs are giving me a hard time again. Grrr! But different activities work muscles in different ways, so a bit of stiffness and soreness is to be expected.)
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:29 PM   #3