Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-15-2007, 11:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/170/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Er.... Weight Loss... Dreams? (or nightmares)

Does anyone have this problem? I keep having these nightmares/dreams that involve my plan or food. I always get up about 2 or 3 hours before I have to wake up and go to the bathroom, then go back to sleep and during that time period it's like... the least restless sleep ever.

Today I dreamt that for breakfast I was eating cold pizza, slice after slice, and then I wanted a chipwich. Inside I was panicking but I couldn't control myself . Then I dreamt that I was in a bathroom somewhere and someone asked me what sort of routine I do at the gym. I struggled to remember, and it took a long time but finally I got it out, except I had mixed around the order . Yesterday I had some dream about eating a ton too, but I can't remember what food it was. That might have been because I watched Top Chef the night before, though .

I guess there is nothing I can do about it except deal, but I was wondering if anyone else experiences this?? Maybe I am too obsessed!
cagesorwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

They do say that dreams are a way for our mind to process our feelings/fears. Sounds like you are starting to worry over your diet alot. I'm suprized that I don't have dreams about my diet because I am always thinking about losing weight. I don't think about the food part but more about how many more inches i need to lose to fit into this or that and how good i will look when i get to goal and so forth. I mean....I am on this site 8 hours a day at work. Yeah....reaching goal is all i think about.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:23 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I started restricting myself a bit more in the past month and for the first week, I had quite a few dreams of majorly eating things not on plan and not even things I'd enjoy. I was glad to wake up and find they were dreams and not reality.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/170/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
I was glad to wake up and find they were dreams and not reality.
How true! In the dream this morning, I was feeling my stomach be super bloated, and then I woke up and put my hands on my stomach right away, and it was normal and I was so happy! haha
cagesorwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 259/140/140

Hey you are getting the best of both worlds. You are getting to eat want you want and it is all calorie free.
Terrie
gettingsmaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:44 AM   #6  

Last year I did a "manda" (sorry I donīt know the name in english but itīs a kind of religious promise) and I couldnīt eat chocolates or ice cream or any soda (coke, sprite, etc) for 5 months! I remeber perfectly after a few months I started having these horrible dreams af eating chocoates (bon o bon, itīs a chocolate here in Argentina and I love them). The point is that I didnīt have the best of both things because I woke up terrified! I think itīs just anxiety (sorry donīt know how u spell that)taking over...
try to relax (yeah I know itīs hard) but I know itīs horrible having those dreams!

Agus
agustinaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 280.5/268.2/170

Height: 5'10"

Default You are not the only one!!!

I read your post and was talking to one of my diet partners here at work about it , and we were laughing we have these all the time. Sometimes they seem so really and I wake up and I am starving. So relate my dreams not to
anxiety about my diet but possibly being hungery in my sleep.
slim&fitby40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

I have dreams of being at the store and buying and eating a ton of candy. lol I'm not sure if it has to do with this weight loss journey or the fact that we never had candy when I was a kid except on special occasions. I grew up poor. But anyways, I'll be shoving the candy into my mouth like crazy and then sometime in the dream I tell myself that I am an adult and if I wanted to, I could buy all the candy I wanted to eat.
Doesn't make sense!!
browneyedgirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:15 PM   #9  

I've had dreams where I ate everything in the fridge.

I think dreams are kind of what you think a lot of during the day in the back of your head. Or just your conciousness taking a...well...dump.

As long as your dreams don't reflect what goes on in your day, just try to ignore it.
Gamerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:15 PM   #10  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I've had dreams of laying an entire chocolate cake on my arm and holding it up and eating every bite while chocolate is dripping all over my face and clothes. This was after having a piece of cake at a birthday party and wanting more. LOL.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:19 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Funny you mention that, last night I dreamed that I binged on iced oatmeal cookies. I have no idea why they were iced though, I haven't had those kind since I was a little kid. I think for me, I have a fear of being able to maintain (when I get there.) I was so confused this morning too, for a second I thought I had actually eaten all those cookies! Lol.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 07:05 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 224/216/110

Height: 5'1"

I absolutely hate when this happens.

I had one last night actually. I was binging on McDonald's, and that was all that I could think about. I kept trying to decide what I wanted to b/p on. Then I started eating one of the breakfast foods there and was afraid my mom was going to find out.

Then in my dream my weight went up quite a bit.

It's not like I've even been thinking or craving about McDonalds.

I've noticed that any weight dreams I've ever had always had to do with binging, binging and not being able to find a place to purge, or restricting and having something so small yet freaking out about it.

One of the reasons I hate it so much is that sometimes when I wake up I'm furious because I think I actually did it, sometimes not really sure if I did or didn't. To me it's just frustrating.
spunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:53 AM   #13  

I'm always freaked out when I wake up if I've binged in my dream. For an hour or two I can't but feel guilty because I felt like I did it. But I also feel guilty because it's the person I was and I'm trying to change to be a new person.
Gamerchick is offline   Reply With Quote