Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 06-14-2007, 10:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Default The Eat Clean Diet, by Tosca Reno, did anyone buy this? SusanB maybe?

I remember someone saying they had planned to order it, or had ordered it, has anyone received it? I just got the summer Oxygen Abs special issue, and it's in there again. Something highlighted made me think it was talking to me:

"Are you one of those people who spends hours exercising and ten scratches your head wondering where are your results? It's all about nutrition.....etc"

There's also a good section on how to dress, kind of like, instead of this, do this:, and it's really a good set of examples about what to do and not do. Might be worth picking up this issue just for this.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Nope Fran, sorry, it's not me.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:49 PM   #3  
-

S/C/G: 245/178/150?

Height: 5'10"

I did. It's interesting but a bit light weight. I found that most of the information in it I already knew from SuperfoodsRx, Body for Life, etc. It's worth looking at but you might want to look through it at a book store before buying it. Now I'm making it sound bad and I don't mean to. I just found it to be a bit light weight, that's the only way I know how to describe it. There are some good food tips though and shopping lists. So I think it has value but seems to be heavy on book design and light on info.

Beth
CinnamonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:20 PM   #4  
Working My Way Back Down

Haven't read the book, but I love your new picture Fran!
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:22 PM   #5  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

I do have the book . . . and liked it a lot . . . although I do agree it doesn't have anything much that's new to say.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 04:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 225-(32 bmi)/196/174-(24bmi)

I bought the book and love it. I need some new food ideas. She is coming out with a cookbook this fall. I am really good about the oatmeal, berries and egg whites for breakfast. Not as good between 3:00 and dinner, and getting in that much water. I like her honest approach. She has had plastic surgery, but if I looked half that good I would happy. I notice when I follow a clean diet, the first thing to go is the belly bloat.
SASCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

I saw the cookbook on Amazon already. Not sure if it's an advance order or if the book is just ready earlier than predicted.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/128/120

Height: 5'4

I read this a couple months back (got it from the library) and agree that while good for beginners, if you're already familiar w/ the eating clean concepts, there's not much new in it.
Sarynit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 187/187/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Bought it and like it.

Agreed. It is "common sense" and stuff we already know.

YET

somehow, this book has given me a mucn-needed jumpstart.
Maybe it's all the photos and lists (l love list!) Already, I feel it has helped me take a more honest look at how much fat/salt/sugar I've been consuming.

The book is apparently selling very well. When I went to purchase it, someone ahead of me had walked to the register with the last copy. Went to another bookstore after work, they told me I got the last one. I figured it must have been featured somewhere recently - even the libraries' copies were all checked out.

SASCS: Glad to read your comment. If this approach helps me release some "belly bloat" - I'll be golden!

Will keep you posted on my results.

Jean
Ready2BThinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:20 AM   #10  

After posting the other day I went through my old copies of Oxygen magazine and found the "Clean Eating" special edition. It had more recipe ideas and inspiration. Yesterday I went to a small market we have in the Bay Area called Trader Joe's and bought some good stuff. I found a jar called "BetterN Peanut Butter. While it doesn't taste quite like peanut butter, I actually liked it with apple slices and a glass of skim milk in the afternoon. (2.5g of fat per serving). I have tried other peanut butter substitute and natural peanut butter and usually don't get past the first bite. I also tried "steel cut oats" (aka Irish Oats). They were good, but I didn't cook them long enough. Think they will be a weekend breakfast when I have more time and I will stick with my Old Fashion Quaker Oats that I can microwave at work. Also joined FitDay to journal my food and exercise. If you haven't checked it out you should. I liked how it showed me how something like salad dressing (even 2 tablespoons really changes the carb/fat/protein ratios of my day.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:45 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Trader Joes can be found in many places other than SF Bay Area, they have stores in Ga, Nev,Ore and other states . Google in Trader Joes and you can find locations.

j
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:56 PM   #12  

Thanks for the heads up. Great to know about Trader Joe's when I am traveling. I like Whole Foods too, but the closest one is about 15 miles away.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:18 PM   #13  
Mel

You can make steel cut oats in the microwave in a BIG bowl in about two minutes

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:27 PM   #14  
Lovin' Zumba!

LOL - I drive over an hour to go to Trader Joe's and Whole Foods!

IRT SC oats - I cook the batch for the week on Sunday nights - they keep in the fridge for the week, then I just have to reheat them each morning.
Cindy
BfL_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:32 PM   #15  

I guess I am spoiled having a Trader Joe's in my town. If I go on the freeway(S.F bay area) at the wrong time of day that 15 miles to Whole Foods could take me 45 minutes if I don't have a passenger and can't use the HOV lane. The commuter traffic would stress me out and I would be heading for the sweets aisle!!! Come to think of it, I should just call and friend and take her along too. Thanks for the microwave suggestion on the steel cut oats. Is the BIG bowl because it will spill over while cooking? The batch idea sounds good too. I like cooking my eggs and chicken breasts on Sunday and bringing into work all of the food for the week on Monday. That way I don't have an excuse to run over for fast food at lunchtime. THANKS!!!