Old 06-13-2007, 12:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240.5/222.5/150

Height: 5'8

Default New

Hello everyone. I have been reading your posts for the last couple of days trying to figure out what to do about myself. You are a great, motivating bunch. I have been doing another program for 30 days and have lost about 16lbs, however I really do not think I can do it anymore. Way to expensive and Way to restrictive for me!!

For the last couple of days I have been "beginning" calorie counting. Not sure what I am doing exactly, but I am going to trial and error until I get it right. I am planning on about 1400 calories, less than 1500mg sodium, and not sure about fat.

I am open to all ideas, this weight MUST come off. I cannot wait to jump in and meet everyone!
Jonsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 01:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Default New

Welcome I think calorie counting is the way to go, it is flexible and best of all it is free. I plan all my meals ahead of time, I spend a few minute in the evening planning my meals for the following day.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 02:12 PM   #3  
Counting Calories is fun!

S/C/G: 201/192/148

Height: 5' 8"

I've also just started calorie counting and I really like it. It appears there are several programs you can use to help you keep track. I've tried FitDay (a lot of people here use that one), NutriDiary and CalorieKing (currently the one I use). I like CalorieKing because their food database is huge (name brands as well as generic). It's easy to use and calculates your ideal calorie count for weight loss. Only thing is, it's $45 to buy the software (or $45 to join online). You can download it for free for 7 days, which is where I'm at right now.

Whichever you chose, counting calories seems to be a really healthy way to lose weight. Good luck!
AnneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 02:31 PM   #4  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Jonsmom- Welcome!! Good luck with everything. I use calorie-count.com and it's pretty good...as well. I really haven't been paying attention to my salt and fat content to be honest, but I do watch how much salt is in things, because I tend to bloat if I had too much. LOL!!!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 02:36 PM   #5  

Welcome! Planning out my daily meals has helped a lot. It helps me to know exactly what I'm eating that day, and to space out my meals and snacks so that I'm not hungry at the end of the day or don't have enough calories at the end of the day.

Good luck, you'll do great.
crafty mommy is offline   Reply With Quote