South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 10:08 PM   #1  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

Default Wishbone Spritzer

So, I saw this on a recipe (lettuce wraps) and thought they sounded like a great idea. On my last trip to walmart I bought 2 different flavor but darnit, I didn't read the ingrediants first. I was reading it tonight and both have HFCS, !
Old 06-12-2007, 10:28 PM   #2  
Keeper of the Cheerios

Sorry, I didn't finish my post and thought I hit cancel when I went to check on the baby, I obviously didn't lol

Anyhow, I haven't opened them and was wondering if I should take them back because of the HFCS. I wouldn't have bought then if I'd read the back first but because I saw them on a recipe for phase 1, I assumed (yes, I know!) that it was ok.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:49 PM   #3  
it's always something

I was put off by the ingredient panel as well. HFCS is the second or third ingredient on most of them, and the first ingredient on the Italian! Looks like a lot of other yucky ingredients are in there as well. I've switched to all natural and organic brands such as Seeds of Change.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:57 PM   #4  
Keeper of the Cheerios

Argh! I went and looked up the ingrediants on all of them. We just moved out to a rural area and I have limited stores in this area. I usually shop at the commissary but there is a Super Walmart on the same exit as the base. We don't have a health food store anywhere around and it's hard to find healthy stuff in the stores I shop. I think I will take them back and make my own. Better yet, I will ask DH to make a dressing for me, he loves to cook and it will be a challenge for him.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

My husband makes our dressing with his mother's vinagrette recipe. He puts a spoonful of dijon mustard with some salt, pepper, and finely chopped garlic into a container. Then some red wine vinegar, and then drizzles extra virgin olive oil in while whipping with a fork until it gets thick and creamy. It's the best! I've always thought you could also do it in a blender to be sure and get an emulsion, but by hand is easier and less to clean up. Sometimes it separates, but still is yummy.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 155/141/138

Height: 5'7"

I had always been a lemon wedge girl (I really do not like dressing - or realy any condiment), but I bought the Spritzer's to add some variety. And I thought they were fine. Then I started SB and started reading ingredients and ended up throwing it out. I am still amazed to what HFCS is added to and how high it can be on the list!

I know make my own "dressing" - lemon or lime, olive oil, balsamic, and craked pepper. "Fancy" than I used to be, still helthy and adds more flavor since salad is a bigger part of my diet!

Ally
Old 06-13-2007, 10:01 AM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

My favorite is to just drizzle some olive oil over romaine hearts, with a little sprinkling of Kosher salt and some black pepper. Yum! Sometimes I throw some balsalmic vinegar on there, too. If I go to the trouble of emulsifying a dressing, I usually use dijon mustard, olive oil, salt, pepper, and some fresh basil and/or oregano. Makes me want a salad right now!

Kara
Old 06-13-2007, 01:51 PM   #8  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

i take what ever full fat dressing i love at the momment (Goddess dressing at trader joes is a fav of mine) and i dilute it with TONS of baslamic vinegar or cider vinegar.... works for me.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:19 PM   #9  
Keeper of the Cheerios

Thanks so much, I have some good ideas! I went shopping tonight and am ready to go.
Closed Thread