General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-11-2007, 02:57 PM   #1  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

Default I'm so sad....my poor kitty. :(

My mom just left to take my 17 year old cat in renal failure to the vet to be put down.

I am so distraught and sad. She was my baby...I've had her since I was 5, and now she's gone. She was getting really miserable the past 5 months and we just couldn't stand to see her like that anymore. She was so precious, always sleeping on my chest when I woke up in the morning....always bringing me dead mice...(She really loved me)

My mom is bringing her home so we can bury her...I just couldn't go to the vet and watch them do it. I was already bawling my eyes out when I put her in the carrier..

I am sooo sad guys..
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:02 PM   #2  

I'm so sorry for your loss. My baby is only 6 and I have to give her an insulin injection everyday for her diabetes--I know the day is coming that I'll have to give her up, but I hope it's far far far away.
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:06 PM   #3  
I DO have a BellyButton!

It seems like time with our babies goes by so quickly....I can't believe she was 17

I hope your baby lives a very long time....which with medicine these days is very possible.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:17 PM   #4  
Christi

S/C/G: 187 / ticker / 130

I am very sorry to hear about your baby. I know all too well what you are going through. My mom had to take mine about 6 months ago cause I was out of town. I'll say a little prayer for her and you!
Clue0983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:31 PM   #5  
My body in 6 mos!

S/C/G: 161/See Ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've lost two cats recently to kidney failure, one was 22 yrs, the other 16 yrs. I know it hurts so much because they are part of the family. I hope your heart heals quickly.
deedee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:37 PM   #6  
greenhorn

S/C/G: 176/172.5/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm so sorry, that's awful.

Too bad you're not closer to PA. We had a stray cat have kittens under our deck. We need to find 5 kitties a good home!
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 04:02 PM   #7  
I DO have a BellyButton!

Thanks so much for the thoughts and prayers guys..

Mom came home and said the vet was very understanding...aparently our dear kitty was in more stress and pain then we could see. She's in a much better place now and isn't in any pain. I am grateful for that.

I have another kitty who is actually mine. I adopted her from the Humane Society 2 years ago....well, almost 2 years...she will be 2 soon..a big fluffy butt. I also have a dog that is 4 years old. I can't imagine losing them...it makes me sad to even think of not having them.

I would adopt every dog and cat if I could. I am determined to live on a farm eventually and have like 30 dogs that can run around in a big fenced in yard...and a big house where they have their own beds... I love my babies...

Again, thanks so much for the kind words..waiting till my dad gets home to bury her.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

I'm sooo sorry to hear this. I'm a huge animal lover -- especially cats. My husband lost one of our four cats last year. It hurts. Hang in there!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:38 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

i'm sorry to hear about your kitty...but she is in a better place. I'm a vet and deal with animals in renal failure all the time...it isn't pretty. I'm sorry for your loss...but know she will not be suffering any more.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:04 PM   #10  
too much of a good thing!

S/C/G: 209/ACK/less than200 initially

Height: 5' 5"

Unhappy

so sorry for your loss. These critters find their way into our hearts, don't they? But her pain is over now, and yours will ease in time, and she will live on in your memories. I tell my kids stories about the cats my mom had when I was a kid, they are part of family lore now.
catsnhorses is offline   Reply With Quote