Old 06-11-2007, 05:49 AM   #1  
Still Fighting

S/C/G: 284/281/270

Default Weekly Chat 6/11 - 6/17

Good morning girlies!! guess what? I made my first goal!!
I was so surprised to see that i had lost the 10 pounds and even a couple more... the next 10 pound goal will put me at a weight i havent been at in a couple years, cant wait!!...im so thankful for the support of this thread and this site!!

So now for another 10 pounds....

I did some cooking yesterday and have chicken thighs, okra, roasted green beans and dreamfields mac and cheese to work with for a day or so. i also got a pile of veggies at the groc store, big bag of broccoli, squash, tomatoes, celery, salad fixins and some green onions. once my garden starts producing i wont have to buy squash and tomatoes at least.

have a good day all!!
Jae
jaesueray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:07 AM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

WTG Jae!!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

GO J GO J GO J!

I myself fell off the wagon again last night. Med Surg gone psych kind of night. It was mostly comical stuff - we all laughed and laughed - but took up a lot of time and made a lot of stress. In the end it all worked out well, cept I fell of the wagon and was ran over by a back wheel.

On the upside, by bestest friend in the whole wide world has asked me to partner up with her for some exercising! Maybe this will get my big arse working out! And give me more time with my bestest bud.
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:22 PM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Jae, WTG on the wt. loss that is awesome.

Kel, glad you made it through the stresfull night and was able to laugh about it. I definitely had some nights like that when I was working, LOL.

It's beautiful weather and I plan to put the leash on my big mama labrador and let her drag me a mile or two. LOL.

My yard is looking beautiful after DH helping me a bunch yesterday. I am sore today but the work sure paid off (not in lbs. lost, unfortunately).

OMG, I killed a small copperhead right by my garden yesterday. I chopped it into with a hoe. I didn't know what kind of snake it was, til DH got home and told me. I don't like snakes and spiders.

Last night's dinner was a total "diet" blow out, but I'm back on track today and plan to stay that way.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:36 PM   #5  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Hope every one had a wonderful weekend.Now its another day & another week for new diets and exercises to try to get us in shape & for our scale to go downward.Good luck to all of us on this venture.

I started using fit day 3 days ago,and to my surprise I found that I'm not eating enough carb,[25 to 35]grams per day.Yesterday I started a new way of approaching my carbs by added more to my menu [43gr] and today[67 gr]and I'm losing two days in a row. Is it possible that my carb count was too low???????

Going down to walk along the beach,with my trusty weights. I finds adding weights makes such a difference in walking,than without them.

Jae- Big congrats on your 1st 10 lb goal.You're doing fantastic.KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Robin- Hi how are you doing today?????? Haven't seen your posting on a regular bases. Other than your new store I hoe you doing OK.

Kel-Sorry you fell off the wagon on got hit by the back wheel. Send you some to get back on.Maybe that the best way to exercise is to partner up with your best friend. Should be fun. Enjoy.

Have a good one

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:57 PM   #6  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everybody!

Jae, Awesome! Congrats on reaching your first goall!!!

BB, If adding more carbs is making you lose, thats great. You can't argue with good results. I have some wrist and ankle wieghts, but I havent ever walked with them. I'll have to dig them out and give it a try.

I had a good OP weekend. 200.5 this morning, 1/2lb from my first goal. A little later than I had hoped but I'm getting excited. I got to stop taking days off, It realy slows me down and makes it hard to get back on.

Have a nice day!
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:04 PM   #7  
Lovin' Life

Afternoon

BB~ Im hangin' in there. Thanks for asking

Lily~ Man O Man....I would have freaked right out!!!!!!! Probably would have been the end of my gardening days!

Ive been in the garden myself. It has been sadly neglected since we started the store. Its looking better, and should look a whole lot better once I get in there today again.

I officially switched over to weight watchers this morning. So the plan is to ww points with lower carb choices. Im already looking forward to it. I really think I needed the switch. I just couldnt face another 6 months of low carb during the hot months without my watermelon and other fruits.

So, breakfast was my usual protein shake, and lunch was cottage cheese w/peaches(low carb delmonte canned peaches)~ added a dash of vanilla, and a 1/2 tsp splenda and it was like eating vanilla icecream with peaches (if you closed your eyes and pretended)

Im off to get some iced coffee made, then off to get my garden looking like it should.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:09 AM   #8  
lilybelle

BB, WTG on the walking along the beach.

Jae, you are getting really close to Onederland , WTG.

Robin, I have worked my butt off (literally) in my garden. I'm not gonna let a little snake run me off. I'm bigger and I gotta HOE. LOL.

I dont' blame you at all for switching plans. WW is a good plan too and you gotta do what works best for YOU. I count calories now but try to stick to lower carb options most of the time. (Usually 50-75 carbs a day where the average person eats 300 carbs a day). This is what works for me. I lost weight fantastic doing Atkins, but like I mentiioned before, I cheated and ate lots of fruit the whole way along. Funny that you mention peaches. I absolutely crave peaches sometimes and make a special trip to get them. I still use my low carb wheat bread and try not to ever have more than 2 slices per day. I've added a lot of fiber to my meal plan and that helps a lot with my tummy problems. I still use splenda and never sugar or white flour or any white bread products.

I went outside this evening and DH and I worked another 3.5 hrs. mixing and pouring concrete along the back fence. We burned off more brush and I cut more tree limbs and a big bush down. I came in exhausted (but he tired out before I did). Then, I did some laundry and cleaned the kitchen. He showered and then fell asleep in the recliner. He is exhausted and grumpy (I might add) so I may leave his tired, grumpy a@@ in the chair. LOL.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:39 AM   #9  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi all, I'm a coupla days new to 3fc and 26 days on induction. Lily, here in CA we gots no copperheads, but enough rattlesnakes to have a species for each day of the week. A couple of months ago I saw a green one, and I didn't even know there was such a thing.

Couple of questions, gals. What's onederland? And what happens if you don't eat enough carbs? I'm thinking of switching to OWL cuz I screwed up once and had 50 grams in a day, and I still stayed in ketosis. And I feel completely weak and drained when I do anything at all, and I should be past that, right? Maybe I might need to fine tune this thing? What has been y'all's experience?

I'm working in my garden this week. It's been Forest Wild for 50 years. Now the blackberries, grasses, some of the oaks and pines, the poison oak, and miscellaneous stickers are gone. The hardscape and drip system is laid out. I've planted 9 roses, 2 tomatos, a spaghetti squash, and a white sage (that will get big!). Can't compare to a real garden like Lily's, but it's my little teeny start. LOTS more to go.

I am SO glad I found y'all. I don't feel alone anymore!
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 06:21 AM   #10  
Still Fighting

S/C/G: 284/281/270

morning all!....we got rain overnight! ..so happy, so is my garden

RobinW - WW is a good, balanced plan. you have to do what works for you
ArkasasK - your are so lucky to have a friend to exercise with! thats cool...
lbelle - good job on the yard work...im sure that even tho no pounds were lost you did somehting healthy for your body, and thats what its really all about!
BBum - fitday can really be an eye opener..and yes i think that carbs can be too low, of course bodies differ and all...but ive seen it work for some people that they increase carbs and lose...
Punce - wow, wonderland is sooooo close! congrats!!
Boucning - welcome! onederland is when we get below 200 on the scale..i have found that fine tuning for me is a must, some things work for my body and some dont.

Im feeling kinda pms like today. kinda depressed and anxious. i ate some extra treats last nite...all low carb, tho, i was feeling munchy...think i will cut myself some cheese for brekfast, i already have chicken and okra in the fridge at work for lunch, and i will make some taco meat for dinner and but a beef roast in the crockpot before i leave for work. i like lots of choices, i find that having choices helps me succeed.

everyone have a great day!!!
Jae
jaesueray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:02 AM   #11  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

Lily~ where I come from, anything bigger than a garter snake is out of the equation Yes you are bigger and have a hoe, but Id still freak out!! Just something about snakes and mice!!! Ive been known to flip tables over to drop in mice in my old appartment....they bring out this bizarre rage

Unfortunately yesterday turned out to be very busy day, and I didnt get any gardening done. I will give it a good watering this morning tho, before I head over to the shop.

Lily, I crave peaches too!!! I dont know what it is!?!?!??!!!! But the fruit cravings are what made me switch eating plans. So far Im very happy with it!

Onederland, is when you finally get back into the 100 lb mark. When I hit 199 Im sooooooooooo thrilled!!!! I'll get there again Hopefully by the end of the summer.

Im off....have a great day ladies.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:46 PM   #12  
lilybelle

bouncing, glad you found us. I would think that after 26 days that upping your carbs a little would be a good idea. I did Atkins to lose my weight but still ate more fruit than most do on Atkins. It still worked fine for me. I don't understand why you are feeling weak unless you're simply not eating enough food. We have rattlesnakes here too, but I've never seen a green one. I have now seen 2 big rattlesnake skins by my garden, but no sight of the beast. Glad to see you have a little garden too. I actually want mine about twice as big next year. We've got squash coming out our ears, LOL. (I planted way too much of it). I have had to clear literally tons of weeds and poison ivy (luckily I'm not allergic to it). Plus honeysuckle vines that are running rampant along our fence line (which wer'e trying to burn off as much of this as possible. I have a big problem with the fact that my neighbors pasture joins along one side of my fence line. They haven't brushhogged it in 4 yrs. , hence why all there weeds and vines are growing over my fence. I actually have to go through the fence into their property to try to remove this nuisance. The woman that owns it is in her 80's and is MEAN. We can't seem to work out a resolution with her. I'd actually like to get a judgement against her to make her have it all cleaned up and her pay the cost. But, DH is too nice and doesn't want to cause trouble. But, her not taking care of her property is causing me tons of extra work trying to make mine look beautiful. If I get a chance, I'll post pic's. It makes my back yard look like a jungle out there. Hence, probably why I'm getting all the snakes in my yard.

jae, hope your moodiness leaves you soon. I get that way sometimes too esp. when I 'm under a lot of stress.

Robin, I do crave fruit and feel like I'm out of groceries if I run out of it. Simply can't wait for my fresh watermelons and cantaloupes are ready to eat. Lately I'm having big cravings for BBQ. I am going to cook a roast soon and make BBQ sandwiches. Just gotta have it. I'll use the lowest cal. sauce that I can find.

We have storms forecasted, but no rain yet. I guess I best get back out to the jungle and get to work.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:07 PM   #13  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Started to drizzle so I guess walking along the beach is out for today. I'll have to either use my walking tapes are ride my bike.

Along with not having enough carbs, I think that my calories for the day were too low also. I was ranging between 1200 & 1300 according to the WW points system,but now that I'm on fitday I can see that it was to low.
Hopefully upping my carbs,fiber and calorie count will see good results on the scale.

Lily-Snakes especially a copperhead. Yikes!! you were brave I would have gone in a panic. I'm not good with snakes or bright colored spiders.Had a banana spider in my flower bed last year and DH strayed it with raid. Sorry the hard garden work didn't pay off on the scale.What you posted to Robin makes a lot of sense.I think that my 30-35 carbs was to low now that I using Fitday my carb range is between 50-60 and I'm losing 1/2 lb per day.Could that be why I was stalling????

Punezilla-Be care with the weighs in walking. I understand from a running on another board said that ankle weights are not good for walking they made fir firming only. They say it could damaged the knees. I use the wrist weights when I go out walking. Just swing the arms back & forth,you'll feel the difference using them. Congrats on being so close to your first goal.

Robin-I use the WW points system to determine my calorie count. If you think WW with low carbs will work for you by all mean do it.Good Luck in all you do, to succeed in this weight loss venture.Sending you all the I have to get you back to 199 onederland.

Boucing-Welcome to the thread.It depends are your system, whether you can handle high carbs are not. Like Lily said 50 carbs is still low comparing what other people are eating 300.I' was on Atkins since Sept afraid to add more carbs having now more than[30-35] and this stalled me on the scale.Now I adding more carb back into my main meal and I'm starting to lose again.

Jae-Sending cyperhugs your way. Don't get depressed.Variety is the spice of life. I always have different menu each day.DH eat cereal every morning and that would total bore me.
Going to follow a higher range of carbs at my main meal & see what happens.

Have a great one

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:25 PM   #14  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Robbin, low carb peaches? I love peaches. My grocery store sucks, they never have any of the lowcarb stuff. Good luck with your new plan.

Lily It's so great that you ate fruit and still lost, I would like to add a bit back in also. We don't have copperheads here either. I have to struggle to get a hunysuckle to grow here at all, and they are like weeds to you. I think I need to move somewhere warmer, the climate here is a little depressing. I did buy some tomatoe plants, so I hope I get something off of them. Good luck dealing with your nighbor, they can be quite a nuisance.

I like snakes and, when was a kid we where always catching them and playing with them. Of course we dont have any realy dangerous ones here. I lived with a girl once that had a large pet snake, that never stayed in its cage, and its food (live mice) were always escaping too.

Bouncing, Hi, Welcome to the group. congrats on your loss so far! If you had 50gr of carbs one day and it did'nt stall you I would definately try adding a few more healthy carbs on a regular basis. 26 days on induction is a long time, I admire your will power to stay on it that long without increasing carbs. You may feel better if you add a few more.

BB, Thanks for the tip I'll stick to the wrist wieghts then. I'm glad adding more carbs is working for you. congrats on your loss. My Dh eats the same thing everyday for breakfast too and never gets bored .

Jae, I hope your feeling better soon. Way to go keeping your extra snacks LC, you are doing so well, and it's hard when your feeling that way. I'm also puting a roast in the slowcooker today, I have been craving roast beef lately.

It is rainy and cold here again today, Still OP 199.5 this morning . YAY . I'm not changing my ticker till I get the same wieght 3 days in a row, but it feels so good to be under the 200 mark!!! My inlaws are comming On friday and staying for 5 days, But I am NOT going to let this throw me off track. They are pretty nice. But FIL is one of those people who judges woman by how they look. I don't think he likes me much . I dissagree with pretty much everything he says about anything. So it's a little stressful to have them around. I think they are going to help us reshingle our roof, so that is good. DH's Bro may be comming also (he and I do not get along) he has drug and alcohol problems and is a mooch, but he does roofing for a living so I guess we could use the help, its just stressful on everyone to have him around.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:57 PM   #15  
Lovin' Life

yup, delmonte has "no sugar added" peaches. I think they are called Carb clever.