Carb Counters - Weekly Chat 6/11 - 6/17

View Full Version : Weekly Chat 6/11 - 6/17

jaesueray
06-11-2007, 06:49 AM
Good morning girlies!! guess what? I made my first goal!!:carrot: :carrot:
I was so surprised to see that i had lost the 10 pounds and even a couple more... the next 10 pound goal will put me at a weight i havent been at in a couple years, cant wait!!...im so thankful for the support of this thread and this site!!

So now for another 10 pounds....

I did some cooking yesterday and have chicken thighs, okra, roasted green beans and dreamfields mac and cheese to work with for a day or so. i also got a pile of veggies at the groc store, big bag of broccoli, squash, tomatoes, celery, salad fixins and some green onions. once my garden starts producing i wont have to buy squash and tomatoes at least.

have a good day all!!
Jae

RobinW
06-11-2007, 11:07 AM
WTG Jae!! :cb: :cb: :cb:

Arkansas Kel
06-11-2007, 12:21 PM
GO J GO J GO J!

I myself fell off the wagon again last night. Med Surg gone psych kind of night. It was mostly comical stuff - we all laughed and laughed - but took up a lot of time and made a lot of stress. In the end it all worked out well, cept I fell of the wagon and was ran over by a back wheel.

On the upside, by bestest friend in the whole wide world has asked me to partner up with her for some exercising! Maybe this will get my big arse working out! And give me more time with my bestest bud.

lilybelle
06-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Jae, WTG on the wt. loss that is awesome.

Kel, glad you made it through the stresfull night and was able to laugh about it. I definitely had some nights like that when I was working, LOL.

It's beautiful weather and I plan to put the leash on my big mama labrador and let her drag me a mile or two. LOL.

My yard is looking beautiful after DH helping me a bunch yesterday. I am sore today but the work sure paid off (not in lbs. lost, unfortunately).

OMG, I killed a small copperhead right by my garden yesterday. I chopped it into with a hoe. I didn't know what kind of snake it was, til DH got home and told me. I don't like snakes and spiders.

Last night's dinner was a total "diet" blow out, but I'm back on track today and plan to stay that way.

beach bum
06-11-2007, 01:36 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Hope every one had a wonderful weekend.Now its another day & another week for new diets and exercises to try to get us in shape & for our scale to go downward.Good luck to all of us on this venture.

I started using fit day 3 days ago,and to my surprise I found that I'm not eating enough carb,[25 to 35]grams per day.Yesterday I started a new way of approaching my carbs by added more to my menu [43gr] and today[67 gr]and I'm losing two days in a row. Is it possible that my carb count was too low???????

Going down to walk along the beach,with my trusty weights. I finds adding weights makes such a difference in walking,than without them.

Jae- :dancer: :cp: Big congrats :cp::dancer: on your 1st 10 lb goal.You're doing fantastic.KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Robin-:wave: Hi how are you doing today?????? Haven't seen your posting on a regular bases. Other than your new store I hoe you doing OK.

Kel-Sorry :sorry:you fell off the wagon on got hit by the back wheel. Send you some :dust: to get back on.Maybe that the best way to exercise is to partner up with your best friend. Should be fun. Enjoy.

Have a good one

Hugs :) BB

Puncezilla
06-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Hi Everybody!

Jae, Awesome! Congrats on reaching your first goall!!!

BB, If adding more carbs is making you lose, thats great. You can't argue with good results. I have some wrist and ankle wieghts, but I havent ever walked with them. I'll have to dig them out and give it a try.

I had a good OP weekend. 200.5 this morning, 1/2lb from my first goal. A little later than I had hoped but I'm getting excited. I got to stop taking days off, It realy slows me down and makes it hard to get back on.

Have a nice day!

RobinW
06-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Afternoon :)

BB~ Im hangin' in there. Thanks for asking :)

Lily~ Man O Man....I would have freaked right out!!!!!!! Probably would have been the end of my gardening days!

Ive been in the garden myself. It has been sadly neglected since we started the store. Its looking better, and should look a whole lot better once I get in there today again.

I officially switched over to weight watchers this morning. So the plan is to ww points with lower carb choices. Im already looking forward to it. I really think I needed the switch. I just couldnt face another 6 months of low carb during the hot months without my watermelon and other fruits.

So, breakfast was my usual protein shake, and lunch was cottage cheese w/peaches(low carb delmonte canned peaches)~ added a dash of vanilla, and a 1/2 tsp splenda and it was like eating vanilla icecream with peaches (if you closed your eyes and pretended) :lol:

Im off to get some iced coffee made, then off to get my garden looking like it should.

lilybelle
06-12-2007, 01:09 AM
BB, WTG on the walking along the beach.

Jae, you are getting really close to Onederland , WTG.

Robin, I have worked my butt off (literally) in my garden. I'm not gonna let a little snake run me off. I'm bigger and I gotta HOE. LOL.

I dont' blame you at all for switching plans. WW is a good plan too and you gotta do what works best for YOU. I count calories now but try to stick to lower carb options most of the time. (Usually 50-75 carbs a day where the average person eats 300 carbs a day). This is what works for me. I lost weight fantastic doing Atkins, but like I mentiioned before, I cheated and ate lots of fruit the whole way along. Funny that you mention peaches. I absolutely crave peaches sometimes and make a special trip to get them. I still use my low carb wheat bread and try not to ever have more than 2 slices per day. I've added a lot of fiber to my meal plan and that helps a lot with my tummy problems. I still use splenda and never sugar or white flour or any white bread products.

I went outside this evening and DH and I worked another 3.5 hrs. mixing and pouring concrete along the back fence. We burned off more brush and I cut more tree limbs and a big bush down. I came in exhausted (but he tired out before I did). Then, I did some laundry and cleaned the kitchen. He showered and then fell asleep in the recliner. He is exhausted and grumpy (I might add) so I may leave his tired, grumpy a@@ in the chair. LOL.

Bouncing
06-12-2007, 02:39 AM
Hi all, I'm a coupla days new to 3fc and 26 days on induction. Lily, here in CA we gots no copperheads, but enough rattlesnakes to have a species for each day of the week. A couple of months ago I saw a green one, and I didn't even know there was such a thing.

Couple of questions, gals. What's onederland? And what happens if you don't eat enough carbs? I'm thinking of switching to OWL cuz I screwed up once and had 50 grams in a day, and I still stayed in ketosis. And I feel completely weak and drained when I do anything at all, and I should be past that, right? Maybe I might need to fine tune this thing? What has been y'all's experience?

I'm working in my garden this week. It's been Forest Wild for 50 years. Now the blackberries, grasses, some of the oaks and pines, the poison oak, and miscellaneous stickers are gone. The hardscape and drip system is laid out. I've planted 9 roses, 2 tomatos, a spaghetti squash, and a white sage (that will get big!). Can't compare to a real garden like Lily's, but it's my little teeny start. LOTS more to go.

I am SO glad I found y'all. I don't feel alone anymore!

jaesueray
06-12-2007, 07:21 AM
morning all!....we got rain overnight!:carrot: :carrot: ..so happy, so is my garden:carrot: :carrot:

RobinW - WW is a good, balanced plan. you have to do what works for you
ArkasasK - your are so lucky to have a friend to exercise with! thats cool...
lbelle - good job on the yard work...im sure that even tho no pounds were lost you did somehting healthy for your body, and thats what its really all about!
BBum - fitday can really be an eye opener..and yes i think that carbs can be too low, of course bodies differ and all...but ive seen it work for some people that they increase carbs and lose...
Punce - wow, wonderland is sooooo close! congrats!!
Boucning - welcome! onederland is when we get below 200 on the scale..i have found that fine tuning for me is a must, some things work for my body and some dont.

Im feeling kinda pms like today. kinda depressed and anxious. i ate some extra treats last nite...all low carb, tho, i was feeling munchy...think i will cut myself some cheese for brekfast, i already have chicken and okra in the fridge at work for lunch, and i will make some taco meat for dinner and but a beef roast in the crockpot before i leave for work. i like lots of choices, i find that having choices helps me succeed.

everyone have a great day!!!
Jae

RobinW
06-12-2007, 10:02 AM
Good Morning :coffee:

Lily~ where I come from, anything bigger than a garter snake is out of the equation :lol: Yes you are bigger and have a hoe, but Id still freak out!! :rofl: Just something about snakes and mice!!! :lol: Ive been known to flip tables over to drop in mice in my old appartment....they bring out this bizarre rage :lol: :lol:

Unfortunately yesterday turned out to be very busy day, and I didnt get any gardening done. I will give it a good watering this morning tho, before I head over to the shop.

Lily, I crave peaches too!!! I dont know what it is!?!?!??!!!! But the fruit cravings are what made me switch eating plans. So far Im very happy with it!

Onederland, is when you finally get back into the 100 lb mark. When I hit 199 Im sooooooooooo thrilled!!!! I'll get there again :( Hopefully by the end of the summer.

Im off....have a great day ladies.

lilybelle
06-12-2007, 01:46 PM
bouncing, glad you found us. I would think that after 26 days that upping your carbs a little would be a good idea. I did Atkins to lose my weight but still ate more fruit than most do on Atkins. It still worked fine for me. I don't understand why you are feeling weak unless you're simply not eating enough food. We have rattlesnakes here too, but I've never seen a green one. I have now seen 2 big rattlesnake skins by my garden, but no sight of the beast. Glad to see you have a little garden too. I actually want mine about twice as big next year. We've got squash coming out our ears, LOL. (I planted way too much of it). I have had to clear literally tons of weeds and poison ivy (luckily I'm not allergic to it). Plus honeysuckle vines that are running rampant along our fence line (which wer'e trying to burn off as much of this as possible. I have a big problem with the fact that my neighbors pasture joins along one side of my fence line. They haven't brushhogged it in 4 yrs. , hence why all there weeds and vines are growing over my fence. I actually have to go through the fence into their property to try to remove this nuisance. The woman that owns it is in her 80's and is MEAN. We can't seem to work out a resolution with her. I'd actually like to get a judgement against her to make her have it all cleaned up and her pay the cost. But, DH is too nice and doesn't want to cause trouble. But, her not taking care of her property is causing me tons of extra work trying to make mine look beautiful. If I get a chance, I'll post pic's. It makes my back yard look like a jungle out there. Hence, probably why I'm getting all the snakes in my yard.

jae, hope your moodiness leaves you soon. I get that way sometimes too esp. when I 'm under a lot of stress.

Robin, I do crave fruit and feel like I'm out of groceries if I run out of it. Simply can't wait for my fresh watermelons and cantaloupes are ready to eat. Lately I'm having big cravings for BBQ. I am going to cook a roast soon and make BBQ sandwiches. Just gotta have it. I'll use the lowest cal. sauce that I can find.

We have storms forecasted, but no rain yet. I guess I best get back out to the jungle and get to work.

beach bum
06-12-2007, 02:07 PM

Started to drizzle so I guess walking along the beach is out for today. I'll have to either use my walking tapes are ride my bike.

Along with not having enough carbs, I think that my calories for the day were too low also. I was ranging between 1200 & 1300 according to the WW points system,but now that I'm on fitday I can see that it was to low.
Hopefully upping my carbs,fiber and calorie count will see good results on the scale.

Lily-Snakes especially a copperhead. Yikes!! :yikes: you were brave I would have gone in a panic. I'm not good with snakes or bright colored spiders.Had a banana spider in my flower bed last year and DH strayed it with raid. Sorry:sorry: the hard garden work didn't pay off on the scale.What you posted to Robin makes a lot of sense.I think that my 30-35 carbs was to low now that I using Fitday my carb range is between 50-60 and I'm losing 1/2 lb per day.Could that be why I was stalling????

Punezilla-Be care with the weighs in walking. I understand from a running:running: on another board said that ankle weights are not good for walking they made fir firming only. They say it could damaged the knees. I use the wrist weights when I go out walking. Just swing the arms back & forth,you'll feel the difference using them. :carrot: Congrats:carrot: on being so close to your first goal.

Robin-I use the WW points system to determine my calorie count. If you think WW with low carbs will work for you by all mean do it.Good :goodluck: Luck in all you do, to succeed in this weight loss venture.Sending you all the :dust: I have to get you back to 199 onederland.

Boucing-Welcome :welcome2: to the thread.It depends are your system, whether you can handle high carbs are not. Like Lily said 50 carbs is still low comparing what other people are eating 300.I' was on Atkins since Sept afraid to add more carbs having now more than[30-35] and this stalled me on the scale.Now I adding more carb back into my main meal and I'm starting to lose again.

Jae-Sending cyper:hug:hugs your way. Don't get depressed.Variety is the spice of life. I always have different menu each day.DH eat cereal every morning and that would total bore me.
Going to follow a higher range of carbs at my main meal & see what happens.

Have a great one

Puncezilla
06-12-2007, 04:25 PM
Robbin, :D low carb peaches? I love peaches. My grocery store sucks, they never have any of the lowcarb stuff. Good luck with your new plan.

Lily It's so great that you ate fruit and still lost, I would like to add a bit back in also. We don't have copperheads here either. I have to struggle to get a hunysuckle to grow here at all, and they are like weeds to you. I think I need to move somewhere warmer, the climate here is a little depressing. I did buy some tomatoe plants, so I hope I get something off of them. Good luck dealing with your nighbor, they can be quite a nuisance.

I like snakes and, when was a kid we where always catching them and playing with them. Of course we dont have any realy dangerous ones here. I lived with a girl once that had a large pet snake, that never stayed in its cage, and its food (live mice) were always escaping too.

Bouncing, Hi, Welcome to the group. congrats on your loss so far! If you had 50gr of carbs one day and it did'nt stall you I would definately try adding a few more healthy carbs on a regular basis. 26 days on induction is a long time, I admire your will power to stay on it that long without increasing carbs. You may feel better if you add a few more.

BB, Thanks for the tip I'll stick to the wrist wieghts then. I'm glad adding more carbs is working for you. congrats on your loss. My Dh eats the same thing everyday for breakfast too and never gets bored:dizzy: .

Jae, I hope your feeling better soon. Way to go keeping your extra snacks LC, you are doing so well, and it's hard when your feeling that way. I'm also puting a roast in the slowcooker today, I have been craving roast beef lately.

It is rainy and cold here again today, Still OP 199.5 this morning . YAY:carrot: . I'm not changing my ticker till I get the same wieght 3 days in a row, but it feels so good to be under the 200 mark!!! My inlaws are comming On friday and staying for 5 days, But I am NOT going to let this throw me off track. They are pretty nice. But FIL is one of those people who judges woman by how they look. I don't think he likes me much:p . I dissagree with pretty much everything he says about anything. So it's a little stressful to have them around. I think they are going to help us reshingle our roof, so that is good. DH's Bro may be comming also (he and I do not get along) he has drug and alcohol problems and is a mooch, but he does roofing for a living so I guess we could use the help, its just stressful on everyone to have him around.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!:devil:

RobinW
06-12-2007, 06:57 PM
yup, delmonte has "no sugar added" peaches. I think they are called Carb clever.

lilybelle
06-13-2007, 12:44 AM
I worked my butt off again today. Digging a 6 inch deep trench around the fence line so we can concrete all of it. I did pour 5 feet of the concrete myself (that took lifting and mixing an 80 lb. bag of concrete. My section didn't look as nice as DH's so I'll let him finish doing the concrete and I'll just keep doing the lovely digging. I worked a good 3 hrs. and then came in and cooked dinner, did laundry and dishes and took a nap for an hr. My back is now killing me. But, OMG that shower felt wonderful.

Today I killed a tarantula with a hoe. I was screaming like a little girl. I'm more afraid of spiders than I am snakes. Yes, country life is just wonderful. We had a deer standing by my garden this morning, he probably wants to eat all my hard work. LOL. I don't have fence yet around my pumpkin patch so I hope he stays out of it.

Puncezilla, WTG on reaching Onederland, that is awesome news.

BB, we had storms forecasted for this evening, it thundered but never did rain.

I'm off to bed now.

jaesueray
06-13-2007, 07:25 AM
morning all!

i am boiling some eggs for my brekfast, think i will make deviled eggs out of them. its such a filling meal for me, eggs.

i went out to my garden and i have a bunch of sweet banana peppers, im gonna have to find a salsa reciepe to use them in, maybe one with some fruit in it as well, sounds yummy to me..we got lots of rain and storms last nite, finally!

lillibelle - yeah, i am under a lot of stress and it does make me moody, plus my friend is filing for divorce and her neediness is wearing me out right now...you rock with all the garden work!:carrot: such good exercise!
Punce - get all the roofing help you can, we re-roofed our house and it was mega expensive. wtg on onederland!!:carrot: :carrot: didnt get my roast in the crockpot, maybe tommarrow..
bbum - sorry about the beach walk, good you have a contingency plan..

well, gues i will get ready for work....have a good day!!
Jae

RobinW
06-13-2007, 09:22 AM
Good Morning :coffee:

Sill doing good, down another 2 lbs. Gotta run......

lilybelle
06-13-2007, 10:43 AM
Woohoo Robin, WTG.

Jae, we've had a lot of stress lately too. I hope yours gets better soon. My DH is getting really grumpy from all the yard work plus his full time job. I purposefully went to bed early last night to try to cheer him up. LOL, that ought to work for a day or two. LOL. Even all the kids have been asking why he is so grouchy and trying to steer clear of him. Normally he is always so easy to get along with. His 22 yr. old DD is due to be Induced tomorrow with her first baby, so I think he's worried about her too. Plus he is staying stressed out about the situation with his 24 yr. old DD that is also due to have a baby (her third) any day now. He hasn't been eating enough lately and last night he weighed and has went from 175 down to 168 and he's 6 foot tall. He doesn't need to lose weight. He can't hardly keep his shorts and jeans up right now. I sure hope things get better soon. I actually called and took money out of my 401K to relieve some of the financial stress that we've been having. Thought maybe that would help. This month we have 1 kids B-day, 1 grandson's B-day, birth of 2 new grandbabies and a wedding to attend, and getting my DS off to his summer drill to California. Plus the added expense of paying for his 15 yr. old DD to fly back from Vegas to live with us. We also have to pay an attorney to get custody of the 15 yr.old so he will no longer have to pay child support to her mother. (For now it is still coming directly from his paycheck even though the SD is living with us). No wonder he is totally stressed.

I am a little less sore this morning. Down 1 lb. since Sunday (which was hoping it would be more with all the dang yard work). My tummy is flat and I feel thinner, hard to keep my capri's up but the scale isn't moving much.

Puncezilla
06-13-2007, 03:16 PM
Lilly, eeww... you have terantulas there...gross:eek: . I wish I was half as ambitious as you are with your yard work. Congrats on the two new grand kids, and I hope everything work out with the custody, and everything else. so that you and your DH can relax. I'm sure you are building a lot of muscle, as well as losing weight with all the hard work you are doing.

Jae, Yes the cost of roofing is awfull, and we would have to wait months to get someone else to do it for us. My SIL makes peach salsa that is realy yummy! I dont know if it has those kind of peppers in it or not. I'm sure yours will be delish':T . I was so glue to the computor yesterday I forgot to put my roast in on time so I'm going to do it today instead:hun: .

YAY Robin, I like how you slip in casualy with the good news. You are doing fantastic!:bravo:
I am doing good as well. The sun is finaly shining today, I feel so much better when its warm. Have a good day.:flow2:

beach bum
06-13-2007, 03:24 PM

Had my hair cut and styled today,maybe with all that hair I lost the scale will go downward :rofl: I couldn't believe how much thinning out it needed.

Have my revolution rolls in the oven,this time I made a dozen. They are so easy to make and I one every day either for breakfast or lunch.

Puncezilla-We have those Del Monte peaches[no sugar added] in our supermarket but they are hid behind the other peaches. I have to search for them every time I go to the supermarket. The other low carb item I found was Soy Slender soy milk that has 1 net carb in it. I spoke to the manager about low carb products,and he told me people aren't buying them anymore. You just have to read at the labels,in order keep low carbing.I hope that that adding higher carbs will work also,but so far its.5 per day. have until my SAT W-I to make it official.

Lily-Yikes you surrounded by the creachers. I hate those bugs and snakes. How do you manage to kill them,I run away,s as I'm a city gal. No thunder storms here. I happy for that since I scared:fr:of lightening.

Jae-I envy you guys that have such beautiful veggie gardens. I'm lucky:lucky: to have 6 tomato plants and some herbs.

Robin-Big :carrot:congrats:carrot: on another 2 lbs gone. You're doing terrific.

Have to go

Rolls are ready to take out of the oven.

Arkansas Kel
06-13-2007, 03:24 PM
Gosh Lilly, you make me sound like cityfied folk and we're rural too. We used to have a small green grass snack around the yard, I used to defend it from the lawnmower - little buggers eat pests - and that's what we have more of.

My little garden marches onward - not much coming in from it yet, but lots of little mini veggies popping out.

School started for me yesterday officially. Of course, its web classes so I'm not yet doing much for it. Got to get myself a little discipline up and get moving on it. I did get myself a laptop finally, it will really help.

diet, um, well let's not talk about that. I was up for 30 hrs when I went to bed last night. Fill in the blanks. I didn't have the resolve to do it, still don't today. Will get myself back up, dust myself off... in AM. I have to.

KUDOS TO ALL LOSERS THIS WEEK. KEEP IT UP! I'll join you again tomorrow. Well, with the planned exception of birthday cake on Saturday - my baby cousins party requires cake!

jaesueray
06-14-2007, 07:27 AM
morning all!!

one day closer to friday!! i have got to go shopping for my mother of the bride outfit, anyone have any suggestions? i dont usually shop for dressy clothes and i want my daughter to like what i buy, we have a Avenue close by, maybe i will start there.

lillybelle - stress is a killer huh? last year at this time my DD21 was pregnant, my son got sent to Iraq and my hubby got diagnosed with cancer, i was a crazy woman...my stress now is work related and i let it get to me....i am
working on that. losing weight and getting healthy will allow me to process stress better, so onward and downward!!

punce - once the roof is done, it looks so nice, you will be amazed, i know i was. reading your post made me get up and put my roast on, lol who says being on the computer isnt constructive??:D :D

bb - i need to call and get an appointment for a hair cut and color, esp with my DD wedding on 3 weeks away. didnt it feel good?

Akel - i would love to get myself a laptop, its cool you got one. what kind of classes are you taking? i finished my BS a couple years ago and loved every minute of the classroom experience. i salute students who have the dicipline to do online classes, its very convenient and saves a lot of time.

everyone have a good day!!
Jae

Arkansas Kel
06-14-2007, 08:17 AM
jae: Advice for dress shopping - I like to watch "what not to wear" on TV for tips. I can say put the patterns where you have assets and the solid colors (dark if possible) where you don't. make sure the skirt length (if going for a skirt) cuts your leg in a flattering location (hold it up to your leg and raise it up and down in front of a mirror - you'll quickly find your perfect length). A lines look good on fuller figures I'm told. Look for something that doesn't pull. I hear rouching adds to curves if you want a curvy look. Vnecks elongate your neck and face - and should be worn with a v shaped neclace. Also be sure sleeves hit your arms in a flattering place. 2 piece sets are good if you are not evenly sized top to bottom (and who is). Get the dress early and take it for alterations for optimal fit. Getting your hair done will inspire you. Take your time and make the decision carefully and I think you will look awesome. Post a picture for all of us. We love pics.

Lilly- eew rattlesnakes. That's totally different. We have those around here too, but they are scarce. I haven't even seen one in a decade. My worst garden pest is chiggers - I attract them like a magnet. Doesn't matter if I'm dipped in DEET. Somehow chiggers can see me from the neighbors yard 2 over and come running to me. I don't even have deep grass in the yard. Apparently I'm their favorite flavor.

My classes are Lifestyle Enhancement and Drugs and Behavior. The LE class requires us to work on self improvement - something I'm an expert at anymore. I have to make a goal for the class on something to improve. I'm choosing exercise. These are both electives - working towards my BSN (nursing bachelors degree). The laptop has already come in handy for me! I've had it a day and I don't know how I was getting by without it. It's like cell phones - what were we doing without those!

RobinW
06-14-2007, 08:25 AM
Good Morning

Jae, I get alot of my dressy clothes from coldwatercreek.com. I love their stuff and their quality. I like avenue too, but I dont remember seeing anything too dressy. Mind you I wasnt looking either :lol:

Well, I dragged my butt out of bed early and managed to get 30 min on the treadmill :running: before the heat of the day sets in.

Eating is going great, even have lots of energy during the day!!

Today is going to be a hot busy day. I'll have an installation outside in the heat, then I go inside to turn the heat press on, to get some t-shirts done :dizzy: We still dont have the new a/c installed in the store. The old ones just blow crud thru the vents. I havent a clue how old those suckers are!?!?!!

Anyway, have a great day ladies.

SherryA
06-14-2007, 10:56 AM
It is supposed to be a scorcher for us today, yesterday was hot but today promises to be even hotter. I've been back to Atkins for 2 days now and I picture today being headache time with the heat and Atkins combined. I got a major headache yesterday just from cleaning my living room after work. There really wasn't that much work to do, but at my weight any heat is too much, I have a hard time regulating my temperature.

I took up the rugs and rolled them up and put them away for storage for the summer, and the living room looks so much cooler and nicer without them. The rugs are those patterned kind that look Asian, but the floor underneath is parquet wood in a light color and the rooom looks cleaner and nicer without them Winter comes, I'll probably put them back.

From my high weight last week to my current weight I've dropped off 5.5 pounds, but I'm doing the weekly weight averaging thing which I put onto an Excel spreadsheet. I've been weighing every day (only 3 or 4 times last week) and this week I've been averaging 1.125 pounds down from last week.

I can see why averaging like this is better psychologically. I'm not seeing huge dips all at once, so when things "slow down" to a pound or so a week, it won't be so disappointing. In reality one shouldn't be able to expect much more than that, and I'm thinking if you take it off more slowly you are less likely to plateau?

I hope so anyway, it is those plateaus that always made me give up. In reality I don't think they were really plateaus, they were just a slowing of the original quick weight loss I usually get with Atkins.

I have got to take some of this weight back off. In 2000 I lost 50 pounds, got down to 232, then over the next two years I maintained that loss and lost an additional 10 pounds. But lately the scale has just climbed and climbed. The highest I got was still 10 to 12 pounds below my original weight, so I never "gained it all back and then some" which is what some people love to say. But right now, even after this recent loss, I'm still only 17 pounds down from my top weight.

I can't stand it. Hate being this fat. So I need to lose another 20 to 30 pounds. I'd love to lose all the excess, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

lilybelle
06-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Hi everyone. I've dragged my tired, aching, sore, chigger- eaten arse out of bed for another wonderful day of being one with nature (IE that dang fence line we're working on). We are almost 1/3 of the way done now. The digging is absolutely atrocious. The vines and roots are so thick on the outside pasture line that we broke an axe, a shovel and a pair of hedgeclippers yesterday. By the time we're finished with all this work, if my dogs dig under the concrete wall, I'm liable to pellet their butts with BB's. LOL.

Really weird story here in our town. The chief of police was fired Tuesday night by the city council. Then almost the entire police force and all the dispatchers walked out and quit their jobs. Now we have no police and no one to man the 911 system. Yep, I feel safe. Since DH has been a state trooper for many years, he is friends with all the local cops. He says he wouldn't work for the city for nothing. It is so screwed up. Reportedly the Chief was fired for arresting the Mayors son for DUI and Drug Possession. DH has urged me many times to run for City Council but I don't need the stress and it's so corrupt here, that I don't want to be a part of it. BTW, this is the second time the same Chief has been fired. Last time it was also for arresting an influential member of our community. Last time he got an attorney and sued, won his case, got his backpay and got re-instated. I'm sure that is how it will eventually turn out again.

My eating pretty much sucked yesterday. I worked so hard outside and definitely had the "I deserve it " attitude. Today, I feel all fat and bloated. Why can't I just do the work and stick to plan with eating. Seems I can never never do both.

beach bum
06-14-2007, 01:55 PM
Hi Lades:)

Tried to walk along the beach,but it was too windy for that,so I just completed 10 mins this after I going to get on my bike and pedal for 20 an than tonight I'm planing to get some stepping done.

I can't believe that its so cold up here going to have soup for super tonight. BRRR!!! No:nono: I'm not complaining as I like cool better than hot.

Lunch is ready will come back later

beach bum
06-14-2007, 04:04 PM
Hi I'm Back Had a stuffed tomato & 2 frozen meat balls.

Kel-Good Luck:lucky: with you new web class, at least you don't have to get dressed for that class.We all fall,just be back on the wagon again.

Jae-congrats:cheers: on your DD up coming Marriage.I guess it must be an exciting :carrot: time for her & you. I would have loved :love:to go out with her buying the wedding gown and picking out her dinner & silverware,but we had to move to another state 3 months before the wedding. Going to wear my hair short for now on,its to hard it keep it long.

Robin-we just have the opposite from you,people that were walking :running:along the beach:beach: this morning were wearing jackets & jeans. I was of course in shorts & I was:br: freezing.Doing the rest of my exercisers indoors.

Sherry-Welcome:welcome3: to the board. I weight my self by weekly average,so I w-i every day also.
Big congrats :congrat: on your 5.5 weight loss.Sorry about the headaches that goes with the territory. It should end quickly.

Lily-Your reality of your town firing the chief of police sound like one in a movies. What going on with this picture. The Mayor son can't be arrested for a crime he committed.Where the average Joe goes to jail,boy is you town corrupted.You DH is right Don't Get Involved.

Bouncing
06-14-2007, 05:27 PM
Lily, where you live sounds like where I live! Ah, rural America. ain't it entertainin'? About 10 years ago, a candidate for Sheriff told me he had it in the bag, and if I'd make a donation to his campaign fund he'd give me a ccw. I told him I didn't live in the county, and he said no problem, just use my mother's ddress. I didn't do it, it didn't feel right to me to get a permit to carry baesed on a false address. Don't THINK that would be a felony, but not positive! I don't care who tells me to do it anyway. And I'm assured that the biggest meth dealers are... But now that this is my county of residence, maybe I'll look into it again.

This is a big county. There are only 2 deputy sherrifs. A 911 call might get a response in...oh...a couple of hours, maybe. Excuse me, Mr. Bad Guy, would you mind awfully just sitting down here for a couple of hours until help gets here? Can I mak you a cup of coffee? I promise you can hurt me in a couple of hours if you still want to. Honest.

Golly, where did that all come from? I actually feel pretty safe here, in spite of the morning I woke up with a mountain lion on my porch! I'm not scared of the lions. The bears, though, I'm scared of, even though the worst they do is turn over the garbage cans. Not wild about the sciorpions and black widows, either. But the biggest AAACK! factor has to be the skunks.

Thanks for the encouragement and info. I had no idea too few carbs could cause a stall. I shall have to experiment. With glee, I just added a few walnuts to my lunch salad...

Laura G
06-14-2007, 05:43 PM
Hello everyone.

I am just coming back to 3FC, and this time I am trying a low carb plan. I started yesterday - last night was extremely tough. Today is even worse. I've read all about low carb headaches from withdrawl and that they go away. I've heard that the cravings eventually diminish, and that your hunger goes way down.

WHEN?!!!!!

I'm not really hungry, but I want to eat everything in sight! So, I'm on the computer looking for a buddy to keep me occupied for a while until this passes. I am also looking for someone who can give me tips and maybe fave recipes, since so far this is boring! BTW, this is extremely difficult for me, because I am allergic to eggs - do you realize how many meals are based on eggs?

Help me, somebody, please!

;) :dizzy:

JerseyGyrl
06-14-2007, 06:26 PM
:wel3fc: Laura!!

You've come to a great place for advice, support & encouragement!!

Have a look here: http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html
There are lots of great recipes. The recipes suitable for Induction are marked with an *

You CAN do this!!!

All the best to you!!

Kim

Laura G
06-14-2007, 08:07 PM
Thanks Kim.

I saw you had posted that web site on another forum - I jumped all over it - what a great way to get started! thank you for pointing it out to me. It seems like there might even be hope...:D

lilybelle
06-14-2007, 08:23 PM
BB, the politics in this town are terribly corrupt. There is an external investigation going on now. I really want none of this whole mess. I do hate it though that mine and DH's good friend keeps getting fired for no reason other than he "stepped on toes" when arresting family of someone influential. He is now running for Sheriff of this county and all this bad publicity may hurt his chances of getting the Sheriff position.

Bouncing, I would be very afraid of a mountain lion. I have seen foxes, wolves, coyotes, wild hogs, lots of skunks , possums, armadillos, bobcats, and such especially when we go deer hunting. I have seen pictures of small black bears in the area, but thankfully I've never seen one up close. We definitely have a large variety of spiders, snakes and scorpions.

SherryA
06-14-2007, 09:50 PM
Laura, the hunger goes away pretty quickly. The desire to "eat everything in sight" is usually because you are trying to fix a different kind of hunger than an actual need. Eating because "I'm bored" is something I've done in my life. The trick is to find something else to take away the boredom. Learn something new, try something creative, or send your mind on a wonderful fantasy trip somewhere. The diet doesn't have to be boring there is plenty of wonderful food you can eat on this diet, but getting over the carbohydrate addiction is something that we have to convince ourselves is possible. Since I'm a major chocaholic, I'm not sure yet what it takes, but I guess we have to focus on the positive, on all the good food that we can enjoy without guilt on this plan.

Laura G
06-14-2007, 10:02 PM
Sherry - thanks. I'm kind of using this website as my "do something else besides eat" distraction. I've been puttering in my flower beds, and trying to keep occupied. So far I haven't "cheated" - I guess I'm just afraid that I will the minute my guard is down.

Did I mention that I'm very impatient? I mean really - I've been on this diet for 36 hours, how come I haven't lost anything?:lol:

Thanks for the encouragement.

Puncezilla
06-14-2007, 10:57 PM
Wow Lily you do have a lot of creatchers living there, and who knew small town America was so corrupt, I thought it was only like that in the movies.

Kell, I watch What not to wear all the time too, I love that show.

Laura, I'm very impatient too, I think that's why I'v given up on so may diets in the past. I have slipped up and eaten things I shouldn't have many times, It's best when it does happen, just to let it go and get right back on track. This site is a great distraction for me as well, and a good motivator.

Sherry, I am a total chocoholic too, I bought some walden farms chocolate syrop and have been mixing it with yogurt, it is a nice treat after induction.

BB, Do you make your own meatballs? What do you use? I need some new food ideas.

I'm still doing good. but not getting as much exercise or water as I should. I wont likely be on here much over the weekend as we are getting company. I think I'll be hiding from the In-laws.
So if I don't pop in I hope you all have a great weekend.

dna1993
06-14-2007, 11:03 PM
Excellent job. You should be proud!

jaesueray
06-15-2007, 07:10 AM
hey guys!!

Finally its friday:carrot: :carrot: i cant wait for the weekend...i need to remember to get my hair cut, maybe colored as well, it is really time, lots of gray going on up there:D :D

I gotta get going this morning, i will try to post more later.....Jae

beach bum
06-15-2007, 12:17 PM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Going down to the beach to get some walking done,as we're having another sunny day,but I'm afraid its a little cool here.Have to wear a jacket like I did yesterday. The wind that comes off the ocean is unbearable.

After the walk we are to Wal-Mart to get some vitamins.

Laura-Welcome:welcome3: to the board. Low carbing at the beginning will cause headaches and huge or mild cravings.It depends on how bad your carb intake was to begin with. I lost the two 1 week in to the diet.Keep on posting here we'll all be your buddies. I find that eatting more protein helps me stop craving for carbs & the hunger. But thats me, you might want to see what works for you. Kim gave you an excellent low carb recipe web site. I use this site all the time.

Lily- I think the corruption is all over this country,even in my small town. The influenial people don't think that they have to obey the laws, the laws are made just us to obey.

Puncezilla- I'm sorry but I'm LAZY I buy the frozen turkey kind in the supermarket. Try Lindas low carb web site,Kim gave the web site to Laura a few posts back.I have lots of recipes from there.I use atkinsalltheway.com or lowcarbcafe.com is a good low carb recipe web sites also. You'll get lots of ideas from the 3.

Jae-Have a great weekend

lilybelle
06-15-2007, 12:39 PM
Hi ladies, I'm waiting for DD to wake up and get ready to go shopping. It's grocery and bill paying day. DH is at work til 7PM.

I can't believe how many dang chigger bites I have from all the yard work. We did some more work last night before we got ready and went out for the evening. We had fun. Lots of flirting from both other men and women but a fun night in all. I sang 2 duets with DH. I'm coming out of some of my public shyness.

Well gotta get back on program with my eating. Exercise has been plenty but eating needs to be better.

Puncezilla
06-15-2007, 01:55 PM
Hi ladies,

Lily, What on earth is a chigger? I'ts so nice you and DH go out and have fun, I would love to go out dancing or anything. Although I would never have the guts to sing in public. My DH is just not a goin'out kind of guy.

I dont think it's just America either, where the laws dont aply to everyone equaly. I think it's pretty universal, and I'm glad I havent had to deal with it personaly yet.

BB, Thanks, I would be lazy and buy them too if I could find some with no additives, I have the same problem with sausages, they always seem to have something in that I shouldnt eat.

Jae, You must be so excited about the wedding! I hope you post some pic's for us afterwards.

DNA, Hi, Welcome to the board.

Bounce, Robin, Laura, Hi, I hope everyone else is doing good today also!

I am totaly procrastinating about doing my house work, so I should go, talk to you later.

Laura G
06-15-2007, 03:27 PM
Hello everyone.

I am a believer! Ok, so the first bit is water weight, I know, but still, 5 lbs in the first 3 days is a step - make that LEAP - in the right direction. Isn't it amazing how fast an attitude can change. I'm still not completely thru withdrawl, but it's definitely easier now.

I want to thank everyone for the low carb sites - absolutely amazing - and makes me think I could do this for life.

All the best in everyone's success.

RobinW
06-15-2007, 07:33 PM
I'm kind of using this website as my "do something else besides eat" distraction.

Laura, I do the same thing!! I even google weightloss stories and photos for encouragement. Good going on your first 5lbs!! :carrot:

Things are going pretty good....Ive pretty much completely switched to low/carb & low/fat...using the ww point system. I also started blogging better with menus and what not.

The store is doing quite well, one of our customers' big outstanding bills is going to be paid next week. That means I can have an a/c in the shop!! :cb: :cb: :cb: Maybe even a cabinet for displaying stuff!! :lol:

Not alot else going on, been busy, and Im feeling pretty good :D

Arkansas Kel
06-16-2007, 05:47 AM
Laura, you are in the right place and at the right time! Congrats on the wt loss. Keep it up and keep your chin up. My advice is to keep the fridge stocked with low/zero carb things for when you have a little binge moment. I recommend burger patties, hot wings, celery, cheese sticks... That will help when you are slipping into a dazed eatathon.

MOUNTAIN LIONS! I am told about 3 blocks from my house there is one on occassion. I've never seen it. I live near the edge of town, maybe too near the edge? They are supposedly shy, maybe that's why I don't see them. I have heard they can live in your yard and never be noticed.

I AM THE QUEEN OF THE WORLD! I've been back on plan and even started my exercise program. Can you believe it. I've actually started walking with my best friend. I hate hate hate exercise, but it's not so bad. We were going to walk 20 mins, but started gabbing and accidentally walked 30!

RobinW
06-16-2007, 09:47 AM
just a quick fly-by :D Im still doing good, and feeling awesome :broc:

Off to do some installations this morning...I'll check in later.

beach bum
06-16-2007, 10:17 AM
Hi ladies:)

Nothing new, this weekend I'm going to relax and enjoy the sun.

Still to cool for walking along the beach,as it too windy coming off the ocean.My poor tomatoes That need warmer weather or I be eating Fried Green Tomatoes this summer.

W-I this morning and I maintained,I guess I'm not used to putting back carbs into my menus.Now what to do??????????I guess it back to Induction again for a while anyway.

Have a great weekend

lilybelle
06-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Hi everyone,

We have a wedding to attend at 3PM today. So that will cut some time off from my yard work. I hope I can avoid the wedding cake today as I really need to get back OP with eating.

I need to go shopping and get DH a father's day gift. Oopps, I had forgot about it.

RobinW
06-16-2007, 06:39 PM
BB~ I fount when I added carbs, I had to take out alot of fat to keep loosing. I dont miss the fat...well except for my cheese, I just love the stuff :lol:

jaesueray
06-16-2007, 07:00 PM
Hey guys....got a lot of things done...took hubby out for lunch, got my film in for developing, got my glasses repaired and got my hair cut and colored...and i love my hair!!! the color is honey blonde and the cut is a bob, love it!!

Have a great weekend all!!
Jae

lilybelle
06-17-2007, 01:55 AM
jae, I bet your hair is cute.

I made it home from the wedding. It was really very simple which surprised me since the brides family is very wealthy. I'm glad we went especially since not many of groom's young friends attended, it was mostly just family.

After I got home, I threw on shorts and t-shirt and headed back out to work on the fence. I poured 240 lbs. of concrete myself. I was having a hard time mixing it good and used my hands. (Which is a bad idea, since now my finger tips are completely sore). Five minutes after I came in it came a downpour of heavy rain. So much for all my hard work.

I've had tummy pain all day today and pain in left kidney area. It is pretty dang miserable feeling. Of course lifting those big bags of concrete made it even worse.

Oh, I did end up eating a small piece of wedding cake but I only had cereal with skim milk for dinner and breakfast and no lunch. So should come out OK on cal's for the day.

Robin, same thing for me, when I added more carbs I had to cut back on amt. of fat grams. That pretty much ended my munching on cheese, my full fat sour cream and ranch dressing and regular butter.

I now have 1 tomato that has turned red but a dang bird has pecked at it. I have 42 green tomatoes on my plants right now, so hope more are ready to eat soon. My jalapenos are ready and I'm gonna try the jalopeno popper recipe that is in Atkins section using LF cream cheese and turkey bacon. Sounds yummy. My corn on the cob is growing great and should have some ready to eat in the next week or so. I have a ton of squash and have been picking some to send to work with DH for his co-workers.

jaesueray
06-17-2007, 08:11 AM
morning all!!!

just a few more days until my son is home:carrot: :carrot: he is stationed in Alaska and has been in the army for almost two years. he celebrated his 20th birthday in Iraq last year and will be home this friday which will be his 21st birthday....i cant wait...:D :D

well, yesterday as i was getting all those errands done i slipped off plan, dang that husband, its really all his fault, it really is.....so today i am trying to plan a couple meals for the week. i can tell i am getting tired of cooking. i go thru those phases when i am actively on plan. i get to the point that i am sick to death of cooking...so sick of it that i usually fall off plan for a few days. weeks. months...so i am trying to keep this trainwreck from happening:( :( i have lost 12 pounds and feel so much better. i can walk without pain now, i can work in my garden, i can wear flip flops without my feet hurting..i had got to the point that i was wearing athetic shoes all the time...
I WANNA BE NORMAL!!!!

okay....rant over....think i will go to superwalmart to do my groc shopping and look a few new shirts while i am at it, maybe something to go with my new haircolor;)

have a good day all...thanks for listening:^:
Jae

RobinW
06-17-2007, 10:34 AM
Jae!!! I know exactly how you feel about the cooking!!!!! This time around I enlisted my dh's help, and he cooks monday, wednesday, friday....I cook all the rest. He isnt allowed to ask me what I want for supper either. Just cook it and serve it to me :lol: Its been 3 weeks, and its working great!!

.....still going strong. Im looking forward to my dd's summer break!! :cb:

SherryA
06-17-2007, 11:18 AM
Good morning all. I love my weigh in chart. It does these calculations for me (on Excel) and so this morning when I weighed, I was down a half pound from yesterday, but "on average" that half pound puts me 1.85 pounds lower than last week's average. And last week I was 1.7 pounds lighter than the average of the week before.

The totals are more impressive of course, but they aren't as encouraging in the "slow and steady" dept. The total average lost since I started is 3.6 pounds and from max to now is 6 pounds lost.

I can feel it too. It is so strange how when you run your hands over your body you can feel how things have thinned down a little. I can never understand how that works. I mean even IF I've lost 6 pounds on a body my size that 6 pounds would be distributed all over, so you wouldn't think that any one area would be enough smaller that you could actually detect it to the touch, but I can. It is sure nice to be on the losing end again.

lilybelle
06-17-2007, 12:42 PM
jae, I'm so happy your son is coming home. That is great news. My son leaves tomorrow for his summer drill in Sacramento . He is still scheduled to deploy to Iraq in August but I keep hoping he won't have to go. He is 21. He is currently in the Army Reserves but we talked yesterday about his desire to become full time enlisted. I hope he will at least wait til after the Presidential election to make that decision. KWIM.

Robin, that would be great to have DH cook 3 nights a week. But, mine would just fry everything and screw up my wt. loss. Fried food, hamburger helper and Mac-n-cheese is about all he knows how to cook. LOL.

Sherry, WTG on the wt. loss. I can definitely feel a differerence in my body too even with a few lbs. in either direction. Right now if my wt. fluctuates at all it shows in my tummy.

Busy day today. Gotta fix a special meal for DH for Fathers day and take it and his gift to his work. He's working a 16 hr. shift today. Also gotta do tons of DS's laundry to have him ready to leave tomorrow. Garden needs weeding but doubt I'll have time to do it.

My hands and my back and tummy are still hurting, so that dang concreting can wait til tomorrow when DH will have time to do it.

Ms Spotdog
06-17-2007, 02:54 PM
Hey Lily - Your son will be in my area for his summer drill. Tell him its been HOT here lately.

Robin - Congrats on the shop! I just know it will be great sucess as the location is better than your last shop (that right?).

I've been lurking (as always) and read here everyday. You guys keep me centered and 'in check' so I don't fall off into the carb abys. No, I'm not doing strict low carb - just attempting to make better choices.

I just graduated my middle child from high school. Thats two down, one to go. He will be attending Sac State in the fall and living at home (for the time being - I bet he will get a place with friends next summer). Youngest will be a senior but he messed up and now has summer school all summer long. Melis will be a senior at Academy of Art (illistration major) - she is producing some amazing pieces. I've still been keeping company with 'my Superman' and he is still super. My property settlement (and divorce) was finalized at the end of May - soooo glad that SH can't drag me to court anymore. Its been a LONG 3 1/2 years!

Well, I better get my day going. I just thought I would say hi as Lily spurred me out of lurkdom with her comment about he son coming to Sacramento. He should be warned that we have grown into a fairly large, busy, trafficy, sometimes violent city now. We don't like it but grownth is hard to fight.

Take care-

Kel

jaesueray
06-17-2007, 02:56 PM
hey all..
did the dreaded walmart run this morning...didnt get much meat, the meat at my walmart always looks watery or slimy, i dont know.... i just got hot dogs and sausages for dh to grill out today...taking on the idea that he can help me cook, (thanks for the idea RobinW;) )...we will see how that goes...i got myself a bright blue shirt and a pair of green pants and matching shirt for work..love walmart for clothes. i also got a new set of bed linens for the guest bedroom. i wanted it to look nice for my son when he gets home. we have reached the point where all of our linens are a mess, i will have to start buying new sheets, towels and stuff a few at a time...

yes lillybelle, i definately know what you mean...we tried so hard to talk him out of enlisting..but the money and exciting picture that the recruiter painted for him were too much for him to resist...he doenst regret it, he just wishes he had done things differently...the bad part of all of this is that he just got back from Iraq in december...and he will most likely go back this dec:( :( :( ...its almost too much to bear:( .....

hugs to all
Jae

RobinW
06-17-2007, 04:40 PM
Hiya Kel, yup we are in a good location. I think for this type of business we are in a better location than before. Same street, just up a few blocks...but its our next door neighbour's business that seems to be bringing in the contractors and folks like that, that need signage and whatnot. Glad to hear everything is finally finalized with SH!! ....and superman is still in the picture ;)

Today is a hotdog day too, but I think I'll skip all the other stuff, like macaroni salad. I'll have my grilled hotdog, and a big caesar salad.