Whole Foods Lifestyle - Daily Menu ~ 6/11 - 6/17

View Full Version : Daily Menu ~ 6/11 - 6/17

phoebegirl
06-10-2007, 11:09 PM
Just getting ready for tomorrow. :carrot: A whole new week!

SoulBliss
06-10-2007, 11:14 PM
:carrot:

I will check in tomorrow :)

I have to have a VERY early breakfast in the morning and eat something I can have and still tolerate exercise afterwards (and will sustain me through 4 hours!).

I think it will be soy yogurt, strawberries, cherries, hemp protein and walnuts! :drool:

RosieKate
06-11-2007, 10:28 AM
It's Monday!
I am going to try doing menu-check in with you. Do you post what you are going to eat, or what you ate...or both? For now anyway....I will tell you my plan for the day...then I'll come back tomorrow and tell you if I did it - yipes! Pressure!

B - eggwhite/tofu curry scramble/1 wedge Laughing Cow lite/ 1 c. cooked chard/1 ww tortilla
L- Subway Club sandwich - no sauces or dressings
s- 1 piece of fruit/ 1 string cheese and/or air popped popcorn & sea salt
D - sockeye salmon/rice/salad

here we go - happy Monday everyone!

edzard
06-11-2007, 12:11 PM
Ok well I am still new here and still trying to read superfoods rx but I am soooo inspired by it, I have started serving veggies before I even start dinner so that when everyone (kids and hubby) tries to much I have something for them.

B- Oatmeal, T brown sugar, 5 pecan halves choppped, soy milk oh and coffee with raw sugar and soy :^:
L- Big salad with chopped veggies and some leftover chicken
S- Whole Grain Flax toast with homemade strawberry preserves
veggies with dip, cherries
D- Homemade chicken soup from leftover chicken roasted on Friday
S- Fruit roll covered in coconut, dark chocolate (100 cal worth)

Well I think I will have to stick close to that, we will see how many calories it adds up to at the end of the day....Ok so that is what I have had , so far 1482 calories (I am trying to whole foods and calorie count) unfortunatley I am still VERY hungry, having a small cup of coffee and if that doesn't do it will have the toast and jam again (trying to avoid that though cause I am wheat intolerant, just havn't found a good alt yet)

Not sure how great it was for whole foods, I think it was pretty good but then you should have seen my food intake before I decided to change our lifestyle this week :dizzy:

phoebegirl
06-11-2007, 11:00 PM
6/11/07

Breakie-
1 egg
1 slice ww toast
spinach
turkey bacon
1/2 banana

snack-
NF yogurt

Lunch-
smoothie

Snack-
Apple
1 tbsp Peanut butter

Dinner-
hot wings
Spinach/ romaine ceasar salad
1 tsp parmsean cheese
1/4 cup chili

snack-
Air popcorn
couple pineapple pieces

Water- 2 liters!

Day was: Excellent! :carrot: :carrot:

zenor77
06-12-2007, 12:34 AM
B~ 1/2c homemade "lower" fat granola, 1/3c soy milk, 1/2c ollalaberries, & coffee
S~ Apple
L~ 1/2 PB&J sammie on ww & 1oz of kettle chips (yes, bad I know)
S~ 1/2 serving of leftover bulgur pilaf
D~ Laoo Dahl (curried red lentils & zucchini), ww chapati (homemade), & salad
S~ 2 homemade small chocolate chip cookies (yes another bad choice...TOM coming...)

RosieKate
06-12-2007, 11:01 AM
zenor77 - Laoo Dahl sounds really good - I am on a big curry kick right now. Can you tell me where to find a recipe, or can you share?

Yesterday - I did a really good job sticking to the plan...I ate some whole wheat bread with a pat of real butter with my dinner instead of the rice. I also had a turkey breast and ham at Subway instead of the Club, which saved a few cals. Calories for the day ended up at about 1600 - not too shabby.

Tuesday
B - egg white omelette w/ tomatoes, mushrooms, 1 slice no-nitrite turkey bacon, 1 wedge Laughing Cow Lite - honeydew melon
L- turkey breast wrap (FF turkey breast, 2 cups greens, 1 LCLite, 1 lo-carb tortilla) 1 cup organic tomato soup
S - fruit, string cheese, almonds and/or air popped popcorn
D - salmonburger/wild rice pilaf/ salad

edzard has inspired me to make some homemade chicken soup - it just sounds so good! I'll make some of that to eat on the rest of the week.

Have a good day everyone!

zenor77
06-12-2007, 11:23 AM
RosieKate~ The recipe is from Extending The Table: A World Community Cookbook. It's in the same spirit as the More with Less Cookbook. Both of these books have a lot of curries in them. I'll post the recipe on this thread when I get home tonight. :D

B~ Lg boiled egg, ww engish muffin with 2t peanut butter & 2t ollalaberry jam, coffee
S~ Apple
L~ Leftover Laoo Dahl & ww Chapati
S~ 2T hummus with carrot & zucchini sticks
D~ Veggie stirfry with Soba Noodles and Chicken & salad

edzard
06-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Ok well yesterday was great, managed to say under 1800 calories, haven't had to count in sooo long. I was trying for lower but I was just too hungry all night so ended up having some more whole grain bread and preserves. What shall I do today.....drumroll please :) OH and curry does sound great! I have a great paste I picked up that makes doing curry easy and good.

B-Oatmeal again with brown sugar and pecans and soymilk (I am addicted!)
L-Salad again I think, one more piece of chicken left and it gets me like 4 cups of greens when i have that.
S-Yogurt with fruit (really this time)
D-Cashew chicken (homemade, maybe I will try to throw in some red peppers with the cabbage to veg it up a bit)
S-not sure yet

Well here goes, aiming for another day between 1200 (yeah right) and 1800 calories. mmm hummus gonna have to make that son too.

RosieKate
06-12-2007, 04:28 PM
RosieKate~ The recipe is from Extending The World Table: A World Community Cookbook. It's in the same spirit as the More with Less Cookbook. Both of these books have a lot of curries in them. I'll post the recipe on this thread when I get home tonight. :D

B~ Lg boiled egg, ww engish muffin with 2t peanut butter & 2t ollalaberry jam, coffee
S~ Apple
L~ Leftover Laoo Dahl & ww Chapati
S~ 2T hummus with carrot & zucchini sticks
D~ TBD

Thank you!

I just ate 3 cookies at a lunch meeting,yum...but :( not on the whole food plan for the day I'm afraid. They were homemade, tho' (always look on the bright side, I say). Caloriewise, I am still on track for a good day...

phoebegirl
06-13-2007, 01:28 AM
6/12/07

Breakie-
2 eggs
salsa
Spinach
WW toast

snack-
Pineappple (2 chunks)
NF yogurt

Lunch-
Smoothie

Dinner-
Teriyaki Chicken wings
BIG salad w/ steak chunks

Water- 1 1/2 liters

Day was : Good

edzard
06-13-2007, 01:38 AM
WOW did I do bad today (tuesday) I had a great plan and it all fell thru ugh! I got thrown off with lunch because time flew, then PMS hit hard by dinner. Pizza won, :( Pagliacci pepperoni (sigh goood pizza) but not very whole foods.

I am proud of the fact that I ended the day under 2000 calories with some healthy snacks (super foods rx!!) Gonna do better tomorrow!

zenor77
06-13-2007, 02:01 AM
Laoo Dhal

Heat in saucepan:
2T oil I used 1T

Add:
1 large chopped onion
1/2t ground tumeric
1/2t cumin seeds or 1/4t ground cumin
1 hot red pepper I used 1/2t cayenne pepper
1 bay leaf
Fry 1-2 minutes.

Add:
1 cup red lentils
3/4t salt
1t sugar
2 cups of water
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.

Add:
2 cups zucchini, cut in small pieces
Stir to mix. Return to boil. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until water is absorbed and lentils and zucchini are tender. Serve hot with brown rice or chapatis.

RosieKate
06-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Thanks, zenor! I don't have any zucchini on hand today, but I may make up the lentils...maybe some carrots, instead...I have many of those. I can see this being a great recipe when my zucchini starts coming out of the garden in August.

edzard - you and I are on the same wave length...TOM - check. Calories for the day - under 2000 ( barely) check. I ate too many cookies - then just got thrown off

A new day, a new plan

B - egg white omelette/ tom/mush/lc cheese, honeydew melon
L - turkey breast wrap/ tomato soup
Snack - airpop popped corn. Curried butter drizzle - I'm going to try this today.. The recipe calls for melting 1/4 c. of butter and 1 t. curry, then drizzling it onto the popcorn. I may make the butter, then spritzs 1 tb, then given the rest to the kids for a snack... I will think of a way to manage the fat on it.
D - salmonburger/salad/ Laoo Dahl ( w/carrots)/rice

zenor77
06-13-2007, 11:17 AM
B~ 3/4c Uncle Sam Cereal, 1/2c blueberries, 1/2c soymilk, & NO coffee because we're out!
S~ Celery with PB
L~ Egg Salad Sandwich (made with low-fat mayo, mustard, capers, & ww high fiber bread with clover sprouts)
S~ Apple
D~ Quinoa Pilaf with Chicken & Zucchini, salad (with carrots, clover sprouts, avocado, & olive oil/vinegar dressing)

phoebegirl
06-13-2007, 09:01 PM
6/13/07

Breakie-
1 egg
1 slice ww toast
spinach
2 slices turkey bacon

Snack- Yogurt

Lunch-
Smoothie

Snack-
Orange

Dinner-
Couple Pineapple chunks
Spinach/ Romaine Ceaser Salad
2 Veggie chicken patties

Water: 2 liters

Day was: EXCELLENT!! Could have been bad cause we had a party at work but I avoided all that!

RosieKate
06-13-2007, 09:53 PM
Hi phoebegirl - hey _ i'm also from Portland, OR...small world,eh?

Day has gone well. The curried popcorn was really good and I ate more than I planned. I also dug up some potatoes and garlic out of the garden and made my version of a potato salad with a herb-mustard vinaigrette. I adjusted my dinner (no rice or lentils ) and the day has come out right around 1500 cals. Pretty darn good!

edzard
06-13-2007, 11:27 PM
Hey we are on track RosieKate, I also had just under 1500 cal., just back on the toppings on my oatmeal this am, had chicken katsu for lunch, trail mix with small wedge dark choc cut up into it, 1/2 baja bowl from Taco del mar with an extra 1.5 cups of lettuce. I have 2 cups cherries to snack on while playing at the computer and a reward treat of one ounce coffee liquor. Its only a 3 hour drive to your area, my FIL lives in Vancouver WA and used to live over the bridge.

Have fun!

RosieKate
06-14-2007, 10:13 AM
I'll be passing by this summer, edzard. DH's grandma is turning 100, so we are making a trip up to Snohomish for her birthday. Also have a family wedding to attend in Bellevue same weekend. Glad to see some PNW folks here. I love PDX - we have great food here - great access to healthy choices, imo.

The plan for today is similar to yesterday's

b- egg white omelete with LCLite and fruits & veggies, l- turkey wrap, d - will be what I tried for yesterday; lentils and rice, with some rotisserie chicken and some salad. Snacks will be served at my afternoon meeting, so I don't know what yet, but it will be healthy ( it's a monthly weight support group)

ssmiley23
06-14-2007, 02:40 PM
I'm going over to my bf's house for dinner so I have no idea what I'll be having but heres the plan and so far so good..
Breakfast: oatmeal
Lunch: chicken strips with tomatoes and some balsamic dressing
Snack: cantaloupe and blueberries and some cheese
Dinner: No clue
I'm going to Minnesota tomorrow where my dad's family lives so I will most likely be eating horribley because they always bake cookies and make fudge and my mom claims that they put butter on/in everything. I will have to be very careful haha

zenor77
06-14-2007, 02:50 PM
B~ 1/2c Uncle Sam Cereal, 1/4c granola (homemade "lower" fat kind), 1/2c slice strawberries, 1/2c soymilk, & coffee
S~ medium blood orange
L~ Leftover quinoa pilaf & 1 small homemade cookie (Not a whole food, I know)
S~ 2 T hummus & celery sticks
D~ 2/3c brown rice with Nori, 2 turkey potstickers, 1 cup cooked snow peas, 1/2c kim chi, 1/2c miso soup, & 4 oz of sake

edzard
06-14-2007, 07:29 PM
We used to live in Snohomish (last year) love that town, miss it sometimes but now we are way closer to hubby's work.

Today was on the run! Had oatmeal and coffee with soy, a banana and then no time for lunch because of kids school and work (packed a salad forgot the fork and wasn't hungry til almost 3) soy latte when I met hubby for a work break. I am gonna make tacos for the family for dinner so we will see how that goes cal wise, gonna try to slip cabbage in instead of lettuce to make it healthier.

Still working on on the whole foods life style! Its a learning process for sure!

(oh and I snuck on the scale this am because I was feeling so good, weigh in day is monday, and it read 199.5!! and its almost TOM wow that is so good for me!)

phoebegirl
06-14-2007, 10:57 PM
Portland is great I agree!! Even for a Californian like me!! LOL

Breakie-
1 egg
1 slice ww toast
spinach
orange

snack-
NF Yogurt

Lunch-
Smoothie

Dinner- (I was out and about so did the best I could)
Turkey club on 9 grain bun from Burgerville

Snack-
popcorn
banana

water: 2 liters

Day was: good!

RosieKate
06-15-2007, 01:53 PM
Hey today's my birthday, so I treated myself to the whole egg for my omelette this morning istead of just the whites ;) I had it with some mozzarella cheese and 1 strip of no-nitrite turkey bacon. Lunch is Alaskan cod with Panko bread crumbs and a mango, maybe some salad. Dinner is a big ? as we are going out to dinner at my fave Mexican restaurant to celebrate...yippee I love birthdays!

edzard
06-15-2007, 06:21 PM
Happy Birthday!!!!

SoulBliss
06-15-2007, 08:05 PM
Happy Birthday, RosieKate! :bday2you:

zenor77
06-15-2007, 09:44 PM
:balloons: Happy birthday! Have fun at your birthday dinner!

zenor77
06-15-2007, 09:50 PM
Today's menu~
B~ 2 slices of hf oat bran bread, one slice with an egg on top, the other with ollalaberry jam, & coffee
L~ Tuna salad (made with low-fat mayo) on rye crackers, blue corn with flax chips & salsa
S~ medium apple
D~ Polenta with 1T pesto and 2T mozzarella, zucchini/onions sauteed, salad with carrots, clover sprouts, and balsamic vinegar, & 4 oz of red wine
S~ the last homemade chocolate chip cookie (I'm glad they are finally gone!)

phoebegirl
06-15-2007, 11:10 PM
Hey today's my birthday, so I treated myself to the whole egg for my omelette this morning istead of just the whites ;) I had it with some mozzarella cheese and 1 strip of no-nitrite turkey bacon. Lunch is Alaskan cod with Panko bread crumbs and a mango, maybe some salad. Dinner is a big ? as we are going out to dinner at my fave Mexican restaurant to celebrate...yippee I love birthdays!

:bday2you:

OOOO what is your favorite mexican restaurant?? I am going to mine tomorrow for a lunch with mom.

phoebegirl
06-15-2007, 11:16 PM
6/15/07

breakie-
Taco salad (I know but I love this for breakie!)
(includes: spinach/ romaine/ salsa/ 2 chopped olives/ 2 tbsp cheese/ 1/4 cup lean ground pork)

snack-
none

Lunch-
Smoothie

snack-
2- ww tortilla with beans
FF sour cream (TOM is on the way...needed sustinence)

Late Dinner-
Salmon salad on 1 slice WW bread
huge spinach/ Romaine Cesear Salad

snack- 35 calorie banana pop

Day was: Great!

zenor77
06-16-2007, 10:46 PM
B~ leftover polenta topped with one large poached egg and hot sauce, 1 small blood orange, & coffee
S~ hf oat bran toast with 1T ollalaberry jam
L~ we went out with DH's parents: 6 sweet potato frites, large Mediterranean salad with feta, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, dressing on the side (fork trick), iced tea, & 1/2 slice of ollalaberry pie with a smidge of ice cream
S~ no snack due to a heavy lunch
D~ lentil-barley stew, & salad with 1/2T oil/vinegar dressing and clover sprouts

RosieKate
06-17-2007, 09:57 AM
Yesterady was a bit off track due to anniversary ( I know, it's a party a minute around here!)
b- breakfast burrito w/ egg whites, salsa, spring mix, and LC cheese
2 small zingerman's cinnamon rolls
L- 2 slices veggie pizza
D - 2.5 lite chicken enchiladas ( made from a cooking light recipe) 1/4 c. peas, 3 c. salad. 2 glasses of wine

Today it's back on track. I will be cooking a Father'sday dinner for hub - burgers (made from hormone-free meat from New Seasons), roasted potatoes, salad. I'm going to bake some lavendar shortbread for dessert and see if I have any more strawberries in the garden to go with it. I'll probably drink some more of the pinot grigio I bought yesterday.

My plan is to go lighter on B and L today to compensate for a heavier dinner. We'll see how that goes. I am also going to the gym for 2 hours today...it's "me" time!

Happy eating everyone

phoebegirl
06-17-2007, 11:28 AM
Saturday 6/16/07

Breakie-
NF yogurt
Banana

Lunch-
Spinach salad
Salmon

Dinner-
Mexican food- went all out for a "treat meal" and came home and power walked for 45 mins. So this was a good thing for me. I would have much rather taken a nap!

Day was: Good!

zenor77
06-18-2007, 01:38 PM
Menu for Sunday~
B~ 1 1/2 pumpkin muffins (ww with flax and raisins), 1 large egg over easy, & coffee
S~ Small blood orange, 5 raspberries, & 4 strawberries
L~ Leftover lentil-barley stew, & 1 mini corn tortilla
S~ Sourdough pancake (ww with flax/no egg) with 1t PB & 1T jam
D~ 2 slices of pesto/sun dried tomato pizza (on ww dough), 2c salad with 1/2T balsamic dressing and onions, & red wine
S~ air popped popcorn with a smidgen of cooking spray, cumin, & salt

phoebegirl
06-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Sunday- 7/17/07

Breakie-
1 egg
1slice ww toast
Spinach

Lunch-
Smoothie

Dinner- (went to party)
Fruit/ veggies