General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-10-2007, 06:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/190/125

Height: 5'4"

Talking Pregnancy Questions!

I have a pregnancy question:

How far along in pregnancy have most of you been before you have felt your baby move? I am 20 weeks along now, and my baby hasn't moved at all, not even a flutter.
tweetyandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:25 PM   #2  
Liz

S/C/G: 307/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

I think I was about 20 weeks, and even then I couldn't feel it every day. At first it just feels like tiny bubbles, or tiny butterly wings in your tummy. If you drink something sugary like orange juice and lie real still you might be able to feel the baby. You may be feeling the baby and just don't recognize the feeling. It's very light. Until they get bigger. At 9 months your think they are gonna calw their way out..
Holdensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:10 PM   #3  
ugggg.....

If you are expecting your first baby you can expect to feel your baby for the first time between 18 and 24 weeks gestation according to baby.com.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Krissie, have you seen a doctor?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 09:46 PM   #5  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Krissie, I am a childbirth educator and a doula. You are still well within the range for not feeling or recognizing your baby's movements, especially with your first. Even after you recognize it the first time, it will be hit and miss for the next couple of weeks, which can be nerve wracking.

Of course, peace of mind is worth its weight in gold. I would contact your practitioner and just have her check with the Doppler. Once you hear the healthy heartbeat, you can relax and enjoy your pregnancy! Sometimes for anxious moms they won't even schedule an appointment. They will just have you come in, hit you with the Doppler and let you go.

You are half way there! Enjoy the rest.
onthetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:52 PM   #6  

Thank you for your posts. I have been to the doctor, and he says i should feel the baby move any day now. I have heard my babys heartbeat many times. It was music to my ears. I still wish she would move.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:54 PM   #7  
Domestic Engineer

Have you had an ultrasound yet? With my 3rd baby I hadn't felt much movement by 20 weeks, but it turned out I had an anterior laying placenta so I just couldn't feel much due to the cushion!
jelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:44 AM   #8  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Ahhh...she. LOL I hardly ever felt my daughter move. Girls just seem to be less active usually. And when she did move, it was normally very slight movements. I probably didn't recognize movement much of the time being that she was my first. Probably thought it was gas. LOL With my son, he was moving CONSTANTLY, and hard enough to let me know he was in there and he was a coming out...when he got darned good and ready.

So even if you don't feel a lot of movement, if the doc says everything's fine and you're hearing the heartbeat and all, don't sweat it. Some baby's just don't make much of a fuss in there and others wail on ya.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:29 PM   #9  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

My first two children were girls also and were much less active than my third, a boy. I used to lie in bed and gently push on my stomach to get my first daughter to "respond" in the last few months of my pregnancy because she was so laid back.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:56 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

I was gonna say the same as jelynn. If you r placemta is in front you willnot fell much cause of the cushioning.

I have had 4 and they were all different my first(girl) used my as a punching bag ( iwas still sore months after) my second (girl) i barelt ever felt her move and towards the end ended at the hospital a few times because of it. my 3(boy) dodn't move much either but I could feel him if I sat for a while and really paid attention my last (girl) was the easiest i wouldn't of even known I was pregnant until the end then i could see my feet and i could see my tummy moving but coudn't really feel her.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:30 PM   #11  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

with dd because of the placenta and the way she was positioned I barely felt her the entire pregnancy
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:06 PM   #12  

I think i felt the baby move last night! It was a line moving across my lower stomach, twice! I was so shocked when i felt it. I even cried!!!

I have had 3 ultrasounds and the doctors have not mentioned anything to me about any problems, so i am guessing everything is okay. I will ask when i go for my next ultrasound tomorrow.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:24 PM   #13  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

Feeling your baby move for the first time is one of the coolest things ever!

With both of my kids I was 23-24 weeks along before I felt anything. With my first it was because he was more active at night. I got insomia and started feeling him move.

Sigh....I can't wait to get pregnant again. Yep, I am one of those sick women that loves being pregnant.
mals1 is offline   Reply With Quote