Old 06-10-2007, 10:20 AM   #1  
Southside White Sox Fan

Default Sunday Menu, June 10, 2007

Breakfast: Shredded wheat and bran, 30 blueberries, skim equal

Lunch: Lean Cuisine Spa Meal (2 points for the non-Core sauce)

Snack: Cherries or a naval orange

Dinner:

Dessert: Core Chocolate Smoothie
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:33 AM   #2  

whew wehre have I been??

b-
peach
banana
water
s-
steel cut oats
water
l-
ham sandwich at shower
tea
s-
pork chop
potatoes
green beans
salad
skim milk
s-
more fruit
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:04 AM   #3  

Vickie, I was just wondering if you are doing your own thing by counting 2 points for a non-core sauce while using a Lean Cuisine entree on CORE?
Linda
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:24 AM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Yes, I am Linda. It is definitely a tweak. I analzyed the ingredients and nutritional information. I only eat the lean cuisine spa meals which contain brown rice or ww pasta, etc. Then based on the ingredients, the amount of sauce, and the fat....I decided 2 points was appropriate. The sauce seems to be the only non-Core ingredient. I am doing this because I was eating way too much food and starch in particular at lunch time and I thought it was hindering my weight loss efforts. This seems to have jump started me again since I lost 1.6 pounds this week.

I'm glad you asked. I try to be specific since I know that other people are looking at these menus.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:35 AM   #5  

Thanks for your response. I have done CORE before and am about ready to try it again. I think there may be some merit in switching back and fourth from flex to core when you plateau.
I did well with CORE for awhile, with good losses. Then, things started to change. I think I was getting bored and I was not journaling my flex points and was losing control/not counting all that I should.
Flex allowed me to pull the reigns in a bit on myself and I started to lose again. Now, yet again, I am on a plateau. So, I figure changing back might help me a bit.
I often thought, when I was on CORE before, that it is a shame that WW isn't saying something like "core plus 2 points" on their frozen meals and desserts, their sales would pick up I am sure.
I didn't dare try to do what you are doing as I was afraid that I would determine the wrong point values, but if you are losing - then great!
I'm heading out to do some "core shopping" today and was scanning through some core menus and postings this morning to see if I could find some good ideas.
I'm going to make homemade smoothies with frozen strawberries, bananas, skim milk and ice cubes later, I think? I might add a bit of Splenda as well. Then, I might try freezing what I make for a kind of ice cream type of treat.
I am really unhappy with the "new" (from November) guidelines for snacks as I like a dessert at night and was relying on sf/ff pudding to help me.
Thanks for your clarification.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:40 AM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

Linda, I'm kind of ashamed to admit that I haven't fully embraced the new snack rules. I try to snack on only fruit and milk but when I need a frosty with SF/FF pudding at night, I eat it and do not count the points. Now maybe I'm only hurting myself but I don't think so. I didn't get fat eating SF/FF pudding. If that keeps me from eating real ice cream or cookies or whatever then I figure I'm ahead.

I'm viewing Core as the way I eat for life. I occasionally indulge, but primarily I eat Core. My problem is still eating to satisfaction and not beyond. I'm a work in progress.

I hope Core works for you again.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:55 AM   #7  

Thanks Vicki, I hope core works for me as well. I know LOTS of core people at my WW meetings who are ignoring those snack guidelines when it comes to "lite" yogurts and sf/ff puddings at night for a dessert.
I think those guidelines were put in place to prevent people who could not deal with a "green light" to just eat like crazy. I'd never be that way.
When I started CORE before, I journalled in tandem for a period of time and counted my points as well as did CORE foods. It helped me gauge my portion sizes and I intend to do that again, at least for awhile.
Thanks!
By the way, I'd think we've chatted in the past?
Old 06-12-2007, 09:02 AM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

We have chatted before, Linda. You were on the Core board when I first got there 2 years ago. I still have 130 or so pounds to lose. I lost 45 and then gained some back. It wasn't the programs fault, it was me. I had illness of myself and my husband and then injured myself so I couldn't exercise. I've never given up, though, and I'm not going to now!

I agree that periodic journalling while on Core is necessary, especially for someone like me who can have trouble with portion sizes or eating too often.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:37 PM   #9  

Vicki, I thought you were a familiar name. I'm glad you are still sticking with this. I was on the CORE board before and have checked in occasionally as I do switch back and fourth.
I'm sorry your health wasn't good for awhile, but am glad you are getting back on track.
I hope I can get back on track. I get so sick of all of this, it's so easy sometimes to just want to put it aside and forget it all. But, I know I would gain it all back again and I really want to do this and finalize it all.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:05 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

linda and vickie. i hope you don't mind but i read your posts to each other and thoroughly enjoyed them. learned from them, too. i'm not changing my snack methods either from the way they used to be (on core i mean). i am trying to eat fruit most of the time but sometimes life gets in the way of that.

okay, chickies. let's get these lbs off.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:32 PM   #11  

On Target, no problem. I didn't view it as a private conversation anyway.
It's so hard to find the right formula for success, isn't it?
I believe I understand, partly, why WW changed those snack guidelines, but to be honest I don't know of many people who are following them on CORE.
I will try to have "proper" snacks for a few days, at least. I want to get back on track.
I weighed in today and was exactly the same weight as I have been for three weeks now, no change whatsoever.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:45 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

linda, no change is much much better than a gain. we're going to ww a day earlier this week and will go even a day earlier next week cuz of archery trips. this is going to have us a bit out of sync. but life goes on.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:08 PM   #13  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey, Sandra! You know we have no secrets, GF.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:29 AM   #14  
focused and aiming

Old 06-13-2007, 05:16 AM   #15  

Gosh, I was thinking the "on target" thing was being on program with WW, now I see archery, cool! You must be really into it if you make trips as a result of it. Interesting.
Today, as they say, is the first day of the rest of my life.... so it's time to reevaluate. I'm sad to have had three weeks in a row without a loss, and I know it is better than a gain, but I have to examine things and question myself, "what the heck am I doing all of this for?". I'm not paying $12.00 a week for meetings and putting all this time and effort into meal preparation, denying myself and exercise just to maintain. I have to figure out what it is that is missing from this equation and make it work.
Today, I am going to try a slightly different eating "style". I'll see if that helps at all.
Lately, I've not been big on eggs, the taste has been turning me off, but I am going to try an egg for breakfast. I'm also going to think about substitutes for the "usual" meals/snacks and switch things around. When I get on the treadmill today, I shall try to run vs. walk for a bit and try to do it on an incline instead of flat. Maybe that will help?
I have vowed to set some goals for the week, and I have to give those some thought. One goal is to keep my house a bit cleaner than usual. That is exercise and it might make me feel more positive.
Another goal is to take some "me time" and do artistic and craft things. I am into a boring routine, and the routine is also boring my body, I guess?