South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 06:11 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Phase I Beachers - Week beginning June 10

This thread is for new folks, old folks restarting and anybody working on Phase I. Post your questions, concerns and helpful hints in here.

(Remember to join us on the Daily Chat too. There's more to life than dieting; it just doesn't feel that way sometimes. )
Old 06-10-2007, 06:54 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Happy new week Phase 1ers!

Hannah - The old thread closed but I wanted to tell you how I hard boil eggs. I put the eggs in a pot with water and then put it on the stove. When the water comes to a boil I let it go for fifteen minutes and then take the pot off the stove, drain the water and let cold water run into the pot until the eggs aren't steaming any more. I've never lived at high altitude, but that's what works for me.

I'm feeling a little guilty because we had leftovers tonight and I ate wayyyyy too much. Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu my belly is too full. I don't like how this feels and I'm glad about that at least because the memory of this should keep me from overeating for awhile. It was all Phase 1 food, but just too much of it. Ah, well, tomorrow I will wake up and begin a new day. Today was Day 10 for me (double digits, yea!) so I have four days left and I'd like to focus on eating within portion sizes this week. I think that will help keep me on track.

Hope everyone has a nice end to the weekend!

Kara
Old 06-10-2007, 10:08 AM   #3  

I've only got until Tuesday left on Phase I! I can't believe I'm about to graduate!!!! Still down 12.5 pounds. Still no cheating - a very first for me on any new plan.

Everyone have a great week!
Old 06-10-2007, 10:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

Hey chicks,
I'm back on p1 again. I just came back from a week long vacation and ate way to many junks. Thankfully, I didn't gain any weight back. Sadly, I didn't lose any weight either. I'm back on P1 to settle down those cravings again. I'll be checking in here again for awhile. Good luck to all on P1.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:42 PM   #5  

Kara: Thanks, I'll try that. I had tried the method where you boil the water, turn it off, then leave the eggs in it for 20 minutes. Things tend to cook a bit differently up here.

Wow, this diet takes a lot of planning ahead! I realized this morning that I was out of pre-grilled chicken breasts and I hadn't cooked my flank steak yet. Unfortunately, that meant I didn't have much to pack in my lunch. Fortunately, one of my favorite healthy restaurants posts their menu on the web and I popped on and discovered what my options were (with and without substitutions). I'll be cooking up a storm for the coming week tonight, I think. I get my next farm produce box tomorrow and it looks like I'll be getting a bunch of fruit. It will be really hard to give those beauties away. But I'm also getting spinach, avocadoes, celery and squash. I'm off to pack snacks now and have some breakfast.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:31 PM   #6  
Banishing the Belly

S/C/G: 180/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Phase 1 - Day 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah_phi View Post
Wow, this diet takes a lot of planning ahead!
AMEN! I've been to the grocery store twice in the last 5 days just to keep up with the vegetables. I wouldn't have it any other way though. I'm so free of cravings right now, I can't believe it. I wish I could eat this way forever.

I made some chicken tikka masala today for lunch (I bought a jar of Indian spice paste that has 6 carbs per 2 tablespoons but I only used one) and steamed cauliflower with curry powder shaken on top. I am so pleasantly sated right now, but not overfull. What a great feeling!

Unfortunately, I'm also a little fatigued and low on energy so I'm rethinking the weights workout on my plan and may sub in some yoga instead. I'm darn sure going to do SOMETHING though. Whether it's due to carb withdrawals or my crappy menopausal sleep, I'm not sure, but I'm not going to let it keep me on the couch.

Welcome newbies and returnees! It's great to have company here, and the more the merrier!

Happy Sunday to all,
L
Old 06-10-2007, 03:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Lianne, mmmmmm, chicken tikka masala! I love Indian food! The important thing to look for in the ingredients is the sugar and fat content, not the carbs. Remember, this isn't a low-carb diet, but a good-carb diet.
You have company in the menopausal sleepless nights, I take a prescription sleep-aid, and I still wake up several times a night. It seems ages since I've had a good solid night's sleep.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:42 PM   #8  
Visualizing the Goal

Not in menopause, but the baby wakes up two, three, four...times a night so I'm with you ladies!

missmess, I had meant that I reheated entrees that I had made throughout the week. I just ate too much of the good food.

But it's Monday here now. I'm about to make breakfast and get a good start on the day. My new shorts still fit (wearing them now!) and I am renewed in my energy to stay on plan, including watching my portion sizes.

Kara
Old 06-10-2007, 08:03 PM   #9  

Default Phase I Beachers - Week beginning June 10

I am not that computer savvy but I am not sure what happened to our thread or why its closed so I started a new one. Hope that is okay. To TomandKara thanks for the Taco Bake suggestion I bought all the stuff yesterday and it is tonights dinner!!

So I got on the scale today and I lost 5 lbs total!!!

Its Day 7 for me and I am starting to finally think I am going to make it. Wrapping my mind around this 14 days did not hit me until yesterday. I wanna be on the beach for life as a change not a diet and that didnt hit me until then. I didn't admit it out load but I fooled myself by believing this would be a brezzy. As much as I trained my body to be unhealthy I must un-train it. One day at a time one meal at a time. I am finally feeling full and satisfied with my meals I made the pancakes yesterday and the sausage scramble today for lunch yesterday and today I split an El Pollo Loco tostada salad. No cheese no rice and of course no tostada. I had lettuce wraps for dinner and I tell you my SB planters nuts are helping me through. Good luck chicks here comes the week again!

Old 06-10-2007, 10:40 PM   #10  

Default I didn't even care about pizza!

I knew it would happen soon. My co-workers ordered pizza and ate it in front of me. I thought I would be tortured, but I wasn't. Before the pizza came I had a bunch of delicious approved snacks and when it came I wasn't hungry. Granted, it was Dominoes which I dislike on taste and political levels, bit I still didn't even really care.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:18 PM   #11  
Visualizing the Goal

That's awesome, Hannah! It's such an accomplishment to feel free of those cravings! Worth a dancing carrot for sure!

Kara
Old 06-11-2007, 09:42 AM   #12  

Morning chickies!
Back from my weekend back home, didn't cheat, exercised everyday, and still at the same weight as friday morning. I'm not too worried though 6 lbs in 8 days is still a darn good weightloss. Today is my long day for classes (11:30-7:30), so I have to go prepare myself some breakfast, pack some snacks and lunch, and tons of water. On the bright side, only 6 more days until phase 2, and no there have been no cravings...I was thinking about staying on phase 1 for another week, but I don't see the need.

Have a good start of the week ladies!
Old 06-11-2007, 09:54 AM   #13  
Visualizing the Goal

Way to go Erika! You should be proud for meeting all your goals for the weekend! Hope your classes go well today.

Kara
Old 06-11-2007, 10:10 AM   #14  

Starting over, yet again, today......
Old 06-11-2007, 10:55 AM   #15  
Trying again

S/C/G: 220.4/216.2/173

Height: 5'11"

I hate weekends! When my husband is around me I always end up eating things I shouldn't. Saturday I had both barbeque (with potato salad and baked beans) and Wendy's chicken nuggets and fries I got right back to eating good SB foods yesterday though. I was really surprised that eating all of those carbs on Saturday didn't give me any cravings. I'm getting ready to go to the store to stock up for the week!
Closed Thread