Support Groups - Weight Loss and Chitchat #255

View Full Version : Weight Loss and Chitchat #255

Marti
06-10-2007, 04:12 AM
Hello and :welcome2: to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support :grouphug: and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. :gossip: So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome. :yes:

kehb
06-10-2007, 12:57 PM
Sending a BIG :welcome: to Shy!!! :wave:

Everybody have a great Sunday!!

FrouFrou
06-10-2007, 03:46 PM
Hello ladies, and a Happy Sunday to you!

SASSY...glad you guys are home safe and sound.

TAMMY...wow, you did great at Penney's! I am wanting to buy some new clothes (and did get a few things so far) but am wanting to wait until I lose some more weight.

KIM...mexican food is one of my favs. I don't think I ever tire of it, maybe because I don't eat it a lot.

HIYA SHY and a big :welcome: to you!

And a big HELLO to everyone else! :wave:

Thought I would check in today because I know I won't be able to tomorrow. I will be hurrying around with last minute cleaning, and taking the dog out and such. I wish I was able to leave and not clean, lol. I guess I just like coming home to a clean house.

Got most of my packing done. Doing some laundry to finish it off. My car is clean, the house is almost (will finish that in the morning) and I am cooking some chicken breasts for Jason and Vince for a couple of days. And a special little treat of brownies. Anywho...see you ladies next weekend!

Have a GREAT week! :wave:

sz2atheart
06-10-2007, 04:57 PM
Happy Sunday Ladies!!

Had my weigh-in today and lost 3 lbs!!!! I'm so excited!! :cb: Going to the beach in 5 weeks and want to be safely in the 130's. My sis and I are looking into a WW meeting in Myrtle Beach so we can try to stay OP while vacationing. We usually cook most of our meals with everyone taking turns but do splurge on a seafood buffet. I would rather cook a quick meal and save my $$ shopping or going to shows.

Cristina--have a safe trip!!

Shy-- :welcome3: You'll love it here!

Hope everyone else is have a wonderful weekend. Gonna put some chicken on the grill along with some grilled red potato's and onions sprinkled with old bay seasoning. I'm getting hungry already!

Sassy_Chick
06-10-2007, 09:49 PM
:welcome2: Shy and Congrats on the 5 lbs loss! :D

TY Cristina. We were very glad to get home and sleep! lol.

onmyown
06-11-2007, 01:26 PM
Hey girls....
I'll hafta do this fast. Only have a moment. But I had that infection in my foot again last week. Was really sick and then went to Palm Desert to see my DR. He was so impressed with my 21 pound loss since the last time I saw him in April. And my overall 40 pound loss. That felt great. And then I went to my sons football camp on Sat/Sun and some of his friends were asking him what I had done. They said has your mom lost a bunch of weight? haha! That was a GREAT NSV! ;) So, today tho TOM is here and my weight is slightly up and my foot is still a bit swollen from the infection. So, things can only get better right? haha! I might take a shot at walking some today anyway. It really doesn't hurt. It's just a bit swollen. So, hopefully this week should have a good loss. My goal is to be down another 10 by July
18th when I have another appointment. :)

Brit made it into the semi finals for smashbox. Please go vote for her every day. If she makes it into the top 10 by June 25th she'll be a fiinalist. :)

http://www.smashboxonline.com/modeling/

Thanks Girls! :)

suetalks
06-11-2007, 02:25 PM
Tina- Wow..you are really doing great. I hope the foot continues to improve and you can walk some. I am doing well on the exercise, just can't get a handle on the eating like I should. I KNOW what I should do.....just don't.

Tammy- You are doing great too. I wanted to ask if you stay right at Myrtle Beach when you go? I am looking at places to stay and trying to get DH talked into a week at the beach. We would go in the Fall however.

Cristina- I know you are gone by now...on the event that you do check in I am sending good thoughts your way. Safe driving!

Sassy- Glad you got back and all is well.

Kim- HI to you also.

Welcome to Shy...

Howdy to all the rest of you...you know who you are. :) :hugs

I rode 3.5 miles yesterday and 2 so far today on the bike. Got the laundry done, beds changed and dusting finished. More to follow I am sure...

I did reach my 10 pound goal. I was wondering because it went up and down a little last week. I decided if it was down today after the family get together yesterday that I was TAKING it. So..after a bad year of ups and ups...I am back to 171 and shooting for the 160's. With the help of the bicycle I will make it. But, maybe not as soon as I want. We are off to LV on Thurs. for 2 weeks to sell the place there....so that might mean disaster. I am planning NOT to have a disaster...but I am so weak. (or it wouldn't have taken me years to gain and lose this same 10 pounds)
Lots of stress right now, and although I used to smoke and not eat during stress I now eat and don't smoke during stress.

BBL...

Jane
06-11-2007, 09:24 PM
Just a quick one to say hello. This is Vacation Bible School week, and I'm watching Madison for Mary while Mary is volunteering there. Her other 2 DDs signed up, but Madi wouldn't. I have no idea why she thought she'd have more fun at Grandma's, lol. :D

I asked Gina if I could have Jackson for the day, and tomorrow is when he's coming, and I can't wait! :carrot:

Wednesday I'm headed to Terre Haute with my buddy Dixie, to the Hobby Lobby and the mall. Cha-ching!!

Hope you're all doing well, and big hugs to you! :hug:

Marti
06-12-2007, 12:30 PM
Morning Ladies...

The sun is shining bright!! Should be a great week for sunshine.

Had a great weekend. Sunday we drove all over, just needed to get away from the house. We drove into Washington had lunch then drove to Mt. Hood. We're now planning some hikes for this summer. We want to be more active and out of the house.

I'm ready to go canoeing!

I need to get to work early so this is just a quicky. You all have a great Tuesday.

onmyown
06-12-2007, 05:31 PM
foots feeling better. should be walking by tomarrow. need to! :P TOMs here so not great on the scale. But hanging in there. ;) Have 2 much work to do today so gotta go for now. please go vote for brit...takes like a second. she's at 19. Needs to be in the top 10 by the 25th of June. :) So i'm trying to get her as many votes as possible!

www.smashboxonline.com/modeling

tina

suetalks
06-12-2007, 11:11 PM
Got in another 3 miles last evening to make 5 yesterday..and did 5 today also. It is getting easier. Funny thing is now my neighbors have bought bikes and are riding. It gets down right crowded out here in the evening.

We had a discussion about food again today.....going to try for more veggies and fruits and get DH off the meat and gravy. If he is willing to eat well it is so much easier for me. If I am cooking for him I just EAT.

Lots of errands to run tomorrow..and taking Mom to the Dr. and for blood work.

Glad everyone is busy....hope you are all OK.

sz2atheart
06-13-2007, 04:57 PM
Afternoon Ladies!!

Things are a little slow around the boards. Just dropping in to say hi :wave: Had my yearly gyn appt today, was lovely as ever lol. Then on to Penney's to return a pair of shorts that after wearing them for about an hour, started to fall off of me. Returned them for a smaller size :cp:. Going dancing tonight. I friend that dances with me said that she wore a pedometer last week and found that she had done 2.5 miles!! Gonna keep up with her on the dance floor tonight to do the same. Happy hump day ya'll!!

PinkSands
06-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies:wave:

Not much going on around here but exercise...Hubby is in New Jersey picking up a load then coming back to Granger...weather has been beautiful, it's 89 right now...well I just thought I would check in...Have a Good One All.

Pink Jane
Your next WDW vacation is 88 days away!

Sassy_Chick
06-13-2007, 08:23 PM
Hi Gurls!

I hope you all are doing well!

:hug:

Jane
06-13-2007, 10:06 PM
Hi ladies,

Yowza, I need to slow down! :dizzy: This week has been a whirlwind so far, but I'm about to slow down now, lol. Dixie and I had a blast in Terre Haute. She's going to join my scrapbooking group that meets the 2nd Friday of the month, and I'm glad about that. I got some new cool paper, and a larger paper cutter. And more 3-D stickers. Gotta love 'em!

Sue - :cp: way to go on reaching your 10 pound goal.

Shy - hello and welcome to you!

Sassy - didn't you get a card from me?

Cristina - hope you're having a good time visiting your family.

Tammy - can I go to Myrtle Beach with you, lol? I've always wanted to go. Or could you send me a post card?

Tina - yay for the too-big shorts. :cp:

Marti - when will you get to go canoeing?

Pink Jane - it's hot here, too. :yes:

Hello to everyone else reading this. :wave:

Tomorrow I'm having lunch with my niece Carol. We try and meet once a month. Her mom, (my oldest sister) died 20 years ago, and so I like to keep close to her.

I've got some paperwork to take care of. Then I'm headed for a good soak in the tub. Have a good one, ladies!

sz2atheart
06-13-2007, 11:13 PM
Woo-hoo :woohoo: I just got tickets to see Paula Deen Nov 3rd at a cooking convention in Washington DC!! Going with a group from work. I'm so excited. I watch her while I'm doing the elliptical (go figure! lol). Makes lots of sense! Can't make much of her high fat stuff, but I do love her. Jane, wanna go?? If not, then you are surely invited to Myrtle Beach!

suetalks
06-13-2007, 11:56 PM
Tammy- Love Paula too. She sure likes her butter....
My aunt and cousin just stopped in Savannah at her restaurant last week. Said it was way way yummy. Wow..2.5 miles dancing. How did you do?

Hi Jane- Glad you are getting to slow down this week.

Sassy- Hi to you.

Marti- I hope you get to go on the hikes. Yes, sometimes ya just need to get away from the house.

Pink Jane- WDW is getting closer. Things seem to be slow for alot of people in the summer. Enjoy!

I only rode 2 miles tonight. Got company and had a late dinner. I did get the errands run today and then a few stressful hours with this darn change of plans. Not going to LV tomorrow after all....ugh. We finally got it put off until the end of the month. DD and her family are coming next week from CA, so I was very glad to be able to be here. Now maybe some of my stress will be lessened. I have been near frantic with this mess. :dizzy:

Nothing else much to report.

Sassy_Chick
06-14-2007, 12:47 AM
Hi Gurls, Again! lol. :wave:

Jane -- Sorry dear, yes I did get your card, TY! I just now checked the mail! We're so bad for that esp when we're off and if we don't go anywhere, that means we usually don't go out the front, which is where the mailbox is. lol.

Cristina -- TY as well for my card! Sorry I just now got too it. :o But we haven't went anywhere ever since we got back from Indiana, we haven't even been to the store! lol. Guess we were just beat.

Tammy -- I love Paula Deen too! :) She just seems so sweet and fun! Yes I agree some of her recipes you gotta think, Wow......but she is just a sweet lady.

Well tomorrow is back to work. :p I am kinda looking forward to it and at the same time I'm dreading it, just because we've been gone almost a whole week. But I told hub that I think that once we get back to work and back in the groove again, we'll be okay. I actually think that is why I haven't been sleeping well. Because I have not been to work in a week. Sounds weird but when I work, it keeps me on my sleep cycle, even on my nights off, but since the funeral and having to get up early, my sleep cycle is all out of whack. lol. So hopefully going back to work will help.

We didn't get our T-Storms we were supposed to get either, they totally missed us! So that means, at least according to the weather channel that we won't get rain until next Tuesday and its supposed to be HOT too. Yippee.

Oh We finally got our new back door! :carrot: They have to come back to finish the molding, but the door is in and the locksmith came today and put in brand new dead bolts, he is coming back tomorrow to finish up the front door as he didn't have the tool to do it today.

Now if we could just get our new windows! lol. Yeah that will probably take them another year to get that done! (we live in an apt.) Guess you got to take what you can get though, right?? lol.

Guess that is it.

Take Care All,

Sassy_Chick
06-14-2007, 10:21 AM
Hi all.

Well I found out why I haven't heard anything about my cat scan results! I finally called the drs office and they are on vacation until the 17th! :rolleyes: Soooooooo I have to wait even longer now and now that makes me very very nervous as before when I didn't hear anything, I thought that meant there was nothing seriously wrong. Now that I know they aren't even there and haven't even seen the results yet, well at least I don't think so. I had my Cat Scan on the 4th, the dude said it would take at least 3 days for my dr to get them and that would put it on the 7th and that is when they started the vacation. (there was a recording)

So Oh Joy.......Wait, Wait, Wait and now WORRY!

Also AF came BACK in full force early this morning, waking me up and now I cannot get back to sleep and I have to work tonight! :(

Anyways. I hope your all's day is going better than mine so far! lol!!

suetalks
06-14-2007, 11:36 AM
Went for a morning ride, but only 1 mile. It is HOT already. I will do more this evening.
I had toast for breakfast and hopefully won't even be hungry today....when it is hot my appetite dwindles. Does yours? I am thinking of making a big salad that we can munch on for lunch. I made hummus yesterday, we have that for nibbling along with some cheese. I made DH lemonade, so we are really good to go. :)
Just cleaning house today.....have no laundry. That's a GOOD thing.

Sassy- I am sure your scan will be OK...don't "borrow trouble" as my granny used to say. In other words think positive!!

BBL I am sure.

PinkSands
06-14-2007, 08:47 PM
Good Evening Ladies:wave:

Just got off the treadmill...another hot one here today I think we hit 90, but I'm not complainin LOL...Hubby gets to come through town tomorrow morning so I am gonna pick him up at the truckstop and take him grocery shopping...nothin much goin on here, this is the boy's day off so no taxi service...gonna make a turkey burger for my dinner and watch Ghost Rider(CSI is a rerun)...well have a Good Evening All.

Pink Jane
Your next WDW vacation is 87 days away!

suetalks
06-14-2007, 11:00 PM
I rode another 3 miles tonight, so a total of 4 today. I didn't eat as great as I planned, but not too bad. I made some bad purchases along with the fresh fruit and veggies...don't know why I bought chips...erggg.

Happy Friday tomorrow chickies.

jules1216
06-15-2007, 08:34 AM
Just a quick hi to all--busy day ahead so I will try to be back later!! Anyone have plans for Father's Day?

suetalks
06-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Hi Jules...No plans for Father's Day here. We thought we were going to be out of town, so now that we aren't we need to plan something.

Rode 2 miles this a.m. Hope for another 2 or 3 tonight. It is HOT here, but we did turn the A/C on. I think I will do some cooking since it is cool in here. Maybe make a pasta salad and some tuna salad. Something to eat this week-end. I like to make a few things and then eat leftovers when we don't want a big meal. Works for the 3 of us.

Have a good day and week-end ladies.

jules1216
06-15-2007, 10:58 PM
Another quickie--I am so tired

went with DD to her 2nd doctors visit--heard my grandbaby!! the baby was really active and we got to see lots of different views!! so cool!!!

suetalks
06-15-2007, 11:37 PM
So cool Jules...is it a boy or girl, or too early to tell?

I did ride 3 more miles tonight for 5 today. Had veggies for dinner...we plan to go meatless a couple times a week. Bought fresh plums and apricots..yummy. I even did some strength training..need to do more than I do. Going to the Farmer's market in the a.m. I doubt there is very much fresh produce yet though. The store bought corn was delish today.

Happy Fri. all. Looks like everyone has a life away from 3 FC's. Haha...

FrouFrou
06-16-2007, 05:29 PM
There's no place like home!

TAMMY...WTG on the 3 lbs...and...getting the tickets! :woohoo:

SUE...WTG on all your biking and reaching your 10 pound goal! :woohoo: :bravo:

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Sorry this is a short one. I am still pooped. Taking it easy today though, well, except for catching up on laundry. The guys kept the house cleaned and did thier laundry while I was gone but there was still a little. Plus what I brought home, lol. But it's good to be home. I hate to WI on Monday, yikes! I will though, good or bad. Last Mondays WI I was the same. Anywho...

Take care ladies and have a great weekend!

PinkSands
06-16-2007, 08:19 PM

Yikes it's hot hit 92 today, thought we were gonna cool off for a bit with a t'storm but all we got was a light show and thunder no rain...but I'm not complainin LOL anything is better than that nasty thing called winter!!...took Hubby shopping yesterday and then he was on his way to Boston...not much going on around here but exercise, my life is so exciting LOL....well Have a Good Evening All.

Pink Jane
Your next WDW vacation is 85 days away!

suetalks
06-16-2007, 11:12 PM
Only 2 miles riding this morning. It was and still is hot out there.

Nothing going on here.....just trying to stay cool. Cleaned house...like most days. Ha.

Hi Cristina- Good to have you back!

Pink Jane- We could certainly use some rain here. Your life is exciting like mine..LOL.

Sassy- Didn't mean to ignore you. Hope you find out about the scan Mon.

Happy Sunday ladies. :hug:

sz2atheart
06-16-2007, 11:48 PM
Do I have great news ladies!!!! :celebrate: My daughter got engaged this evening. She had a dance recital for the dance studio where she teaches and her boyfriend (now fiance) walked on the stage after the last dance number and gave her a big bouqet of flowers, got down on one knee in front of several hundred people and proposed!! It was all being taped because they had a professional videographer already taping the recital. Now I'll have the competition between both my kids on who is going to get married first. My son is thinking about getting married Sept/Oct 2008 so I'm hoping that Lauren waits until the spring of 2009. Looks like I gotta save a ton of $$$ for these two weddings. I told them both I only had one request......I gotta get my baggy eyes taken care of first!!

tommysgirl18
06-17-2007, 01:47 AM
hello ladies......did you miss me?

we are all doing well. things have been crazy between taking Marissa to the hospital and then getting readjusted to waking every three hours it has been rough. I figured I would post a little note so you wouldn't worry. I will post the full explanation of every thing that has gone on and then some updated pictures.

jules1216
06-17-2007, 03:41 PM
My son went to Annapolis to get OT work on his bosses house on the bay. They are going out on the boat and eating fresh Chesapeake Bay crabs. DD & I are taking her Dad out for Father's Day dinner. He is finally going to see her new apartment.

vannh9
06-17-2007, 07:45 PM
Hi to all!!

I know it has been 2 months and I have thought of you all often. I have to been on so many trips it has been hard to try and do it all, but I got back from Birminham Alabama on Thursday night and that is my last trip for 3 months. I am looking forward to working on myself some more. I gained 5 pounds while I have been gone. I hate back tracking, but you do what have to do!! I also went to Cabo Mexico..it was beautiful, but honestly guys I am a home body and miss Griffin so much. Oh well..I won't dwell on the past.

I am back..and trying hard to get back in the groove. I am back on fitday too. I hope you guys will accept me as am...MIA and all:-)

Mindee--Your daughter is beautiful!! What more can I say.

Christina--Again-thanks for reaching out..your timing was perfect.

Marti--How is your new house??

Jane-How are the G'kids...you must be having a wonderful summer??

Tina--You look fabulous!!

Hi Sassy, Jules, Tammy and Sue- I hope you guys are all well. Many Hugs to you all.

Thanks

Vann

Marti
06-17-2007, 10:47 PM
Hello everyone! :wave:

Been busy keeping busy! Sorry I'm not on much, just with the gorgeous weather we've been having, it's hard to want to stay indoors, let alone hang out on the computer.

Been walking still. Not as much as I should be but at least I'm still walking. Spend a lot of time outdoors tending to the yard (very relaxing as strange as that may sound) and tending to our little garden.

My hubby went on a bike ride the other day while I was at work and is wanting me to join him when we have days off together. Sounds good to me!! Apparently we have some gorgeous bike trails around here. I'm ready for it.

Well I hope everyone is doing well.

Vann--Missed ya, so glad to see you poppin' in. Tell us more about your travels.

Mindee--Posts soon! I hope little Marissa is ok....what's this trip to the hospital about?? Glad you posted so we know you're ok.

Sue--I'm hoping to join ya on the bike rides soon! Do you go early in the morning or in the evening??

Tammy--Congratulations to your DD!!! How sweet and romantic of her fiance to propose in front of everyone. And to have it taped!! That's a tape to cherish forever.

Jules--How exciting to hear your grandbaby's heartbeat!! It's been so long since I've heard a heart beat of a baby......and my DD is only 13 (almost) so it better be a very long time until I hear one!! :D

PinkJane--92 is just too hot! I hope you get to cool down some soon.

Cristina--Glad to hear you're back safe and sound and that the house was kept clean!! Good boys. :D

Sassy--Well....have you heard anything from the doctor yet??

Jane--How did your day w/Jackson go?? I bet it was just wonderful. Do you have a scrapbook dedicated to just him all filled up yet???

Tina--How nice to have people notice the weight loss! Really boost the confidence up and makes you want to strive for more.

Hello to MaryKate, Jodi,Kim and oh goodness....I'm sure I'm missing someone...but hello and pop in soon with just a howdy when you can!!

Ok....I'm going to pick some flowers to press. You all have a wonderful rest of the day and Happy Father's Day to all your hubby's!!

Hugs!:hug:

suetalks
06-17-2007, 11:21 PM
Good evening ladies. I managed 3 miles on the bike today and a quick walk also. It was very hot again...and humid. Yuck. I get spoiled when the air conditioning is on. Really had a rather lazy day....

Marti- I ride in the morning and at night. I have been trying to do at least 2 miles in the morning and then whatever I can manage at night. (shooting for 5 miles total, but didn't make it often this week) Yardwork is relaxing, I know what you mean. But, not if you have to do it in this heat. :)

Vann- Welcome back. You will get back in the groove quickly. I'm sure you have mentioned before, but please remind me, what type of work do you do? I think the traveling would be great...for a little while, then I think you would just get wanting to BE HOME.

Jules- Hope the dinner out was nice. Did DH like DD's new apartment?

Mindee- Please come back and tell us what the heck is going on. We have missed you. :hug:

Okay folks, another week-end gone. My DD and family will be here Fri. I am already excited. My 7 year old DGS said he was going to read to me....he has found a new love of reading and is excited to have a "chapter" book. (as opposed to a kiddie story book I guess) He wants a Hardy Boys book.

Sassy_Chick
06-18-2007, 08:20 AM
Good HOT morning all! :sunny:

Its HOT & STICKY out already! It was still hot and sticky out when I got off of work at 4 am! YUCK! We did get a teeny tiny bit of rain though yesterday, not much mind you, but hey I'll take what I can get!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Well no news yet about the Catscan. My dr has been on vacation and he comes back today so I just went ahead and left a message asking them to call me back with the results, that way I don't have to sit up and wait for them........So we will see, hopefully I will hear something back by today, but hard to say. lol.

I watched the ending of "I lost it", its on Discovery Health Channel I believe, anywho, the last story was like the woman was talking to ME! She had been taking care of everybody but herself, she got depressed, didn't want to go out and do things anymore. Her "breaking" point was when she went to give blood and they actually rejected it saying her cholesterol was WAY too high. She then started the Atkins Diet and Exercising. She went from 300 lbs to 162 in about 2 yrs. She said the key is to find something that works for you and that you can do and to put yourself first. Hmmmmmm think I've heard that many times before, where have I heard that??? Hmmmmmmm. Yup, I know, you gals here! lol.

So I think I get it. I need to just suck it up and actually *gulp* put myself first for once?? Dunno how to do that, but I need to try I guess. My first step I have already taken. I had a horrible experience at work a few weeks ago with a co-worker of mine that is basically making me miserable. I don't want to report them because they have a wife and 5 children. I know that isn't my "responsibility" but I just couldn't report the person.

So the first step I took was to email my co worker who works opposite nights of me asking him if he is willing to "switch" shifts with me, if its okay with the boss. He has been wanting off of that shift because well do the math, he works 40 hours, just like I do, only in 3 days, where I do it in 4.......

Okay so you're asking, how is that a step towards weightloss? Well this stress is just doing a major number on me. I can't sleep, I only eat like once a day and when I do I am sooooooooo hungry I over eat. :( I know terrible......

So by relieving some of my stress, it will help me function better so I can focus more on weight loss.

Well I guess that is enough. I better stop before I have one or maybe all of you girls knocking down my door! LMAO! (Just teasing ladies, Love ya!)

Thanks for listening and I hope you have a Great Week! :)

Jane
06-18-2007, 11:21 AM
Good morning, ladies,:wave:

Tammy - aww, what a proposal! That's every girl's dream! Are you really going to get your eyes done? Is it very expensive? I'd like to get rid of my neck wattle first, then all sorts of stuff, lol. Paula Deen is the real deal. I've only seen a few of her shows, but she strikes me as someone who would be just the same in person - very friendly.

Sue - bet you're so excited about your DD and her family coming Fri. Speaking of the Hardy Boys, when I was in Terre Haute the other day, I saw a bunch of the old HBs and Nancy Drew mystery books on a center isle. I think they're making a big comeback.

Sassy - did you find out about your CAT scan today? Hopefully the switch in shifts will take away some of your stress and help with weight loss, as you said. Finding a program that's right for you is the important thing. I do better with 3 meals and 2 snacks. Seems to keep my blood sugar level. Which program are you thinking of doing?

PinkJane - it's hot here, too, and we're having a drought. We're behind about 7" of rain so far this year.

Jules - oh, I'm sooooo happy for you! Just wait until you can see the gender. I predict you're going to go on a big shopping trip right after that, lol. They've got the coolest things for babies now!

Cristina - glad you're home safe, missy. Yes, there is NO place like home. Even when the whole family is with me, I still get homesick, lol. Did you have a good visit?

Vann - hey, so glad to see you! I've wondered where you were. How far away is Griffin? Sweetie, you can share with us when you feel sad. That's what we're here for. And also for all other emotions, too.

Marti - I've added Jackson's photo's to my son's scrapbook along with his DDs pages. I tell ya, I'm going to have to get new books for all the kids! I'm running out of room, lol.

Mindee - good to see you, hon! Sounds like you've had some scary times, but I'm glad you're all doing well now. Don't stay away so long!

Hello to everyone else reading this. :)

I've got a new toy - a bluetooth for my cell phone. It's so very small, and I love it! I can just see it now - people at Walmart are going to think I'm talking to myself, but wait.... I do that already, lol.

Mary and the kids are going to Mississippi for two weeks with Dale. Neal and I are in at a loss what we'll do without the little buggers for 2 whole weeks!

I've had too many treats over Father's Day weekend, :o but I am back on the straight and narrow today. My rings are tight, and I need lots and lots of water today.

Hope you have a good day!

kehb
06-18-2007, 05:12 PM
Hello everyone!

Sorry it's been so long since my last check in. I don't really have an excuse. I just haven't been on the computer much lately.

The past two days I've been VERY sluggish. Basically no energy whatsoever. Haven't exercised or anything. I'm going to try to at least do my biking today. I just don't understand the lack in energy. Today I've been VERY sleepy, but slept fine last night. I don't know. My birthday is tomorrow. Maybe it's the knowledge that I'm turning another year older but am still just as big now as I was last year. :( Who knows?!?!

Sorry for such a down post. But that's my mood in general right now.

Hope you all are having a MUCH better day!!!

jules1216
06-18-2007, 09:33 PM
Kim--we all have our "down" posts everynow and then, sorry you have no energy...hope you get feeling better soon!

Jane--I can't wait to find out what the baby is!! I just got the crib set. DD wants to do a celestial theme. It's got alot of blue and I asked her what if it is a girl--she said she is a girl and likes blue better than pink.

Sassy--hugs to you, sorry about the workplace harrassment, that is never fun. Good for you about doing baby steps to doing more for you!!

Sue--dinner was nice

Marti--I wasn't ready to be a grandma and dd turns 20 on the 20th and was not ready to be mom but what do you do...13 is WAY too young though!!

Vann--welcome back--I wanna go to Cabo!!

vannh9
06-18-2007, 09:50 PM
Hello Ladies!

Marti--my travels have mostly been for work...BUT - I have been to Florida, Atlanta, Birmingham and last but not least Cabo, MX. Cabo was beautiful, but it is tough for me being around the language barrier. I wasn't sure if I was being taken advantage of ...It was also very far from Griffin which makes it tough for me and him. BUT I am home for 3 months and I am thrilled about it.Thanks for asking and thanks for the welcome back

Sue-I am in Sales. I actually sell PMI which is on some peoples mortgages. I work in AL, GA, TN and NC--I live in NC so I will be working this territory for the next few months. My goal would be to work here full time and not have the other states, but who knows if that will ever happen:-) Good to be back here though!!

Sassy--Sounds like things have been tough for you. I can certainly relate to the stress and the impact it can have on your body/mind...I am so glad that you will be taking care of YOU!! :hug:

Jane--I missed you and hearing about your "crew" grandkids and all. You will have to tell me how you like your blue tooth..I have been thinking about getting one. LMK--Griffin didn't leave..I was the one traveling and leaving him. I feel such guilt, but am happy to be around for a while. I am taking off the week of July 4th and then going to the beach 2 weeks later. I need a BREAK:-)

Hugs to you all.. I couldn't post for hours because we were unexpectedly without power. Have a good night!

Sassy_Chick
06-19-2007, 12:00 AM
Well Ladies. I just got back from the International Market we have here as they have the best produce, so we got lots of fruits and veggies and I got some Springs Greens for a salad, which I love and I even "modified" my spaghetti I usually make to pretty healthy. I got some whole grain pasta, no sugar added sauce, and turkey sausage (I add sausage instead of hamburger meat for better flavor). I did forget cheese though :p, maybe that is a good thing though? lol So we shall see how it tastes. Oh ya and I also got some sundried tomatoes that you add water too or something? They came in a package, not a jar with the oil and stuff. I dunno I love those things. :devil:

So I think that I CAN do this, I can have the things I like, but just "modify" them a bit..........So its a beginning. I did get stuff to make cupcakes for my DH who has been wanting them, but that is something he never gets, so once in a long time, I think is okay. But you should have seen the lady bagging our groceries. She saw all the fruits, veggies, healthy stuff, and then gets to the cupcake stuff and as she is bagging it just laughs. Oh well I don't live to have the world "approve" of me and what I eat. Like DH said, "How does she know that its not for something else?" So who cares, laugh at me, I'm used too it. :crazy:

But eating healthy is NOT cheap! You would think they would make it more inexpensive as an insentive to eat better, but guess they really can't.......But we did it.......and we even fought temptations! (They had FAMOUS AMOS cookies staring straight at me and I just walked on by!!! lol)

DH did sneak me a chocolate bar that I didn't even see, but the way I eat chocolate, it will probably last me the rest of the year. (Never been really a "sweets" eater, even as a child candy and stuff would last me FOREVER) ;)

So I dunno guess its a beginning, at least I have some fruits and veggies to eat now and not a lot of junk really. What cupcakes that are primarily for my DH, I might eat one.....and a chocolate bar that my dh picked up for me that will last me forever as I only eat one little "square" at a time".

Oh and no news from the DR yet. I figured they wouldn't get back to me today, as its their first day back in the office and all. So MAYBE tomorrow?? If I don't hear from them by Wed, I'll call them again. lol. I'm used to calling and "bugging" people, its what I do at work! lollllllllll. Only at work I get the luxury of waking people up in the middle of the night! lmaoooooooooo. (I call the techs to fix the stuff)

So I guess that is enough of me rambling on like an idiot. lmao.

Take Care Ladies.

Hi Vann!!! :wave: Nice to see you girlfriend! :)

Hi to Everybody out there!! :wave: Stop in and say HI to us! :D lol.

P.S. Just wanted to add a special Thanks for all your kind words and support, it truly means a lot to me!

Marti
06-19-2007, 01:36 AM
Good Evening ladies--

Hope you all had a good Monday.

Things are pretty good here. I walked this morning and had some incredible energy by the time I went to work. Now, that is what I need to remember when I'm dragging my butt to exercise.
I'm eating ok, but I can definately do much better. Not sure what the issue is with me sometimes....I get in a good routine and a little something happens and I lose track of where I should be. Will be starting another food journal here as soon as I get some paper. I know I have a notebook here somewhere....just not sure where!! Journalling seems to keep me in line.

Off to do indi's!!

Sue--I'm hoping that once I get into my bike riding again, that by August, I will feel inspired to bike to work. Work is only 2miles (if that) so it wouldn't take long. My only concern is the traffic on the road too work. And once the new hospital opens up.....more traffic. Hmmm....am I making excuses???? I think so!

Sassy--Taking care of stressful issues in life is HUGE! I think it's a great step to take when trying to take care of yourself. I hope that you're able to switch shifts to make it easier for you. As for eating healthy for cheap.....let me know how you do it if you figure it out! :D But it's totally worth it. My hubby told me that the money is worth spending compared to having to spend tons of money going to the doctors for health problems that could be prevented by getting healthy. So true. I think you'll do fantastic, and starting w/baby steps is the perfect way to start.

Jane--Hurray for a new bluetooth!! I love mine. I have mine programmed to my car so when someone calls me I just push this button and I'm chatting away. Really handy when you're needing directions to someone's house and you don't want to take your hands off the wheel! (I had to do this on Friday when I picked Jhanai up from her friends house) Are you able to connect through your car?? I'm with you...I'm needing more water. I tend to drink less water in the hot weather, compared to the cooler temperatures. I'm not sure why I do that!

Kim--I'm sorry you're feeling so down and unenergetic. I hope you start to feeling better soon. Birthdays can make a person feel a little down. I hope you're able to perk up and enjoy the day and celebrate. Have a Very Happy Birthday tomorrow!! :gift:

Jules--I was 17 when I was pregnant and barely 18 when I had my son. So I can only imagine what my parents thought when I told them. (So THAT's why they started to gray so early!) Let us know when you find out what your DD is having. Does she have any names picked out yet??

Vann--That would be hard to travel w/out your kids. Are you able to have them come w/you at all on some of the trips? My brother-in-law does a lot of travelling also. He's a Sale Marketer for an RV company. And they're always sending him out somewhere to get buyers. The next trip he's having is to Canada. The last one he was in Alaska. He's kids are still little (2 and 4) so it's gotta be hard for him to be away from his babies.

Hello to the rest of you girls out there!! :wave:

Ok...my energy is finally wearing off so I think I'm going to shower and hit the hay.

Have a wonderful night and great Tuesday!!

Hugs! :grouphug:

Sassy_Chick
06-19-2007, 07:49 AM
Morning All. :coffee:

Marti -- TY. I just feel like I am never going to get it right........:p lol. But I know someday, I will and then I can be one of the very many "success" stories here! :D You're right about the extra cost of healthy food being worth it. Especially if I feel better! That is my main goal. Not to LOOK good, but to FEEL good! Looking good will just be a bonus. lol. Good Job on the walking.......:)

Jane
06-19-2007, 09:31 AM
Good morning, ladies!

Kim - happy birthday to you! Just when you feel too sluggish to exercise, that's when you need it the most, because you really will start feeling so much more energetic when exercise is a regular part of your life. It ups your metabolism, too, and gives a person a feeling of well-being. Give it a try and let me know if this holds true for you. Any special plans for the day?

Jules - your DD is so right. I see all sorts of cute outfits in blue for girls. I can't tell you just how excited I am for you, Julie. I want detailed updates real often about her progress, ok? I'm very interested.

Vann - OIC about Griffin, lol. Thank goodness you'll be home for awhile now. I love my bluetooth! It's so tiny, and the reception is very, very clear. It works anywhere within a 20 foot range of my phone. When I'm driving, my phone is in my purse, but when a call comes in, the bluetooth beeps, and I just tap a button on it, and I'm talkin' away. It takes commands when I want to make a call. It's worth every penny I paid for it.

Sassy - yay for you making a good start. I agree healthy foods are expensive. So is junk food, though. Marti said it all when she said how expensive poor health complications are. Btw, it always helps so much to plan your food a day ahead - just a thought.

Marti - see what I said to Vann about the bluetooth, lol. I didn't do very well with the water yesterday, did you?

Jodi - where are you, sweetie??

Cristina - are you getting rested up from your trip?

Sue - did you get any rain? We got a little bit, but not really enough.

Hello to everyone else reading this. :wave:

Well, ladies, I've disassembled my guest room, and am in the process of turning it into a craft/sewing room. Neal has a den, and I tried to fit my stuff in there, but there's really no need. Today I'm making curtains from some lightweight fabric in shades of mauves and soft pink stripes, very summery looking. It's nice to be able to leave my sewing machine up all the time. And of course, my scrapbooking table is the main focus, lol.

What's on your agenda for the day?

FrouFrou
06-19-2007, 04:55 PM
Hello ladies...

WELCOME back VANN! So glad you are back and posting and...with Griffin. That would be tough leaving him behind.

JANE...just been busy since I got back. Yesterday had planned on getting on the computer but Jason had a day off and while I had him we emptied one of the storage units. It was about time to get that done. We are aiming to have the other one emptied by the first...tired of paying on them.

Can't remember who asked if I enjoyed my trip to AR...yes I did. I got to see almost everyone and we BBQ'ed, went to lunch with my nephew on his way thru, went to the cemetery, art museum, zoo and visited more, lol. I;ll get the pictures posted on shutterfly and then share.

MARTI...yard work does keep ya busy and it is peaceful, to me anyway. Like you, I too do good and then slack off. Why do we do that? Instead of biking to work, can you walk? 2 miles isn't so far, but don't know what kind of roads you would have to be on.

KIM...a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! :bday2::celebrate:

SASSY...hostess has some new 100 calorie cupcakes. Not sure how they taste. I bought some a couple of times but V eats them. Good that you are trying to eat healthy.

SUE...you are still doing great with your biking! Send some of that motivation my way. I've not walked since I left for my trip. Planned too yesterday and today but not happened yet. I've lost my mojo again. Seems I go thru this often...do great and then nothing.

JULES...I think your DD is the first person I've ever known who didn't want a pink theme for a girl. I always liked yellow and the pastel green too, such pretty colors. As is blue. Hope she is feeling well.

HI to everyone else! :wave:

As i've said above...I've got to get my mojo back somehow. I hate when I do this...exercise, exercise, exercise and then just stop. So working on that. That and drinking water. Water goes right thru me so while gone I didn't drink any water. I take that back, while at my moms I had 2 bottles, lol. So aiming to get back on track. WI was yesterday and not near as bad as I thought. Gained .6 so that's not bad at all. Just feel bloated and fat. Anywho...that's about all I have.

Have a good one ladies!

jules1216
06-19-2007, 07:57 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=130123471533&rd=1&rd=1

Hope that worked so you all can see the crib set.

Cristina--the nausea and all that goes with it comes and goes for her. She has her good days and bad days.

Jane--believe me as excited as I am I will be here posting!!

Sassy--the thing about summer is all the fresh fruit and veggies make eating better so much easier!! The International Market you went to sounds neat.

Marti--I turned 19 in December and had Ry in April. Teri keeps teasing me that I will be a grandma at 42. SHe says she will try and have the baby on my bday or my moms. For a boy she like Dominic David and for a girl Danielle Lindsey.

Vann--hey there!!

Hi to everyone else--have a great nite!!

PinkSands
06-19-2007, 09:06 PM

Sounds like everyone has been busy, nothing going on here but exercise and trying to stay cool, which is much better then trying to stay warm LOL...Hubby is somewhere between Covington RI and Wilmington Ohio, his signal kept breaking up so not quite sure where he stopped for the nite...gonna cook myself a chicken breast for dinner and watch the season finale of Deadliest Catch...Have a Good Evening All.

Pink Jane
Your next vacation is 82 days away!

suetalks
06-19-2007, 11:59 PM
I rode 2 miles this morning, luckily, 'cause I only got to ride 1/2 mile tonight. I got the new seat for the bike and although DH got the old seat off there was a problem with the new one. Hope that is resolved tomorrow. I actually missed riding tonight. (and I overate today so really needed the exercise) Planned to walk and ended up nursing a killer headache instead.
Oh well, feeling some better now and tomorrow is another day. I wish I could get a hold on the eating....grrrrr. I start off good and then bomb!

Pink Jane- Keep on keeping on...you are doing good. Is Deadliest Catch going into re-runs, or do they take it off? DH likes that when he will sit still and watch tv.

Jules- Cute crib set. I am excited for you! BTW..I was 37 when I became a grandma for the first time. (and had a 6 year old myself) My DGS turns 21 tomorrow.

Cristina- Always good to get home, but it takes me 3 or 4 days to even think about getting back to normal when I travel. I know what you mean about getting your mojo back. I don't think I ever quite GOT my mojo...but would like to get it! LOL The bike riding is/was great, and will be again. I am striving for the 6 miles for a week then up to 7. *fingers crossed*

Jane- Wow..you have been busy on your room. Sounds like a plan, to have your space. I know you will love that. We got about a 15 minute deluge earlier today and some sprinkles off and on after that. Not near what we need.

Marti- I wouldn't ride near as much if I had to get out on a busy street. In fact if I left our area I would be on a busy highway. Our neighborhood is just a perfect place to ride. Shady and quiet. I agree with Cristina, maybe you could walk to work. Less dangerous I would think. I am just so glad that you have been enjoying your house and yard so much.

Sassy- Sounds like a fun day at the Market. Here soon we will be having fresh fruits and veggies at Farmer's markets and they will be plentiful. I am sooo looking forward to garden fresh tomatoes. Like Jane said you might want to plan menus ahead...buy enough for a few meals so you can save time that way. Hope you hear from the Dr. tomorrow.

Vann- OIC about the job. Thank goodness you will get to be home for a few months.

Kim- Hope you get feeling better soon. Nothing worse than feeling like poo on your birthday. By the way... :bday2:

Mom and I went running today..errands and all that stuff. (shopping) I bought 2 pair of burmudas , 3 tees and a purse. I hadn't bought anything new for awhile....always saying I won't buy until I lose weight, so my clothes are shot! LOL At least I will be bringing everything back from LV, so will have lots of "un-mentionables" and jammies.
I can't believe I didn't report that I rode 6 miles yesterday for the first time.....hope I can do that well tomorrow.

Hi to all the JL's I might have missed. I am thinking of you all...........

Jane
06-20-2007, 10:07 AM
Good morning, ladies,

Cristina - for some reason, I haven't been getting all the water I need, either. And I don't mind drinking it at all, so go figure! Did you get the stuff from the storage unit all put away? Always something to do, right? Keeps us out of trouble though, haha.

Jules - I like the celestial crib set, and kudos to Teri for her creativity in decorating the room, instead of using the old standbys. I like her name choices!

Pink Jane - I admire you for cooking for yourself. If it were just me here, I'd live on frozen dinners, lol. The older I get, the less I like to cook.

Sue - hope your headache is all gone today. You're doing so great with the bike riding! We got some more rain yesterday, which greened up the grass a little. Need lots more rain, though.

Hello to anyone reading this. :)

I need to go to town today and take care of some errands. The temp outside is barely 70 so far, and I'm loving this cooler weather.

Like some of you, I'm finding it a challenge to stay OP, but have been faithful to the elliptical. I think I'm going to buy a turkey to roast then freeze in slices to have that on hand for when it's too hot to cook. We have lots of green beans, baby potatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, green peppers and tomatoes from the garden. Cantaloupes will be ready soon, with watermelons right behind. Mmmmmmm

Have a good day! :hug:

Jane
06-20-2007, 10:09 AM
See you at #256! :wave: