South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 06:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default The Weekend At The Beach Chat

I'm just taking time to have a cup of coffee before we get ready for the yardsale. All at once I don't feel like doing it, but I promised Andrea, and Jake has already started loading things into my car.

What're your plans for spending the weekend?
Old 06-09-2007, 06:15 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Warbling - June 9 & 10

Some Beach Birdies are still asleep so try to keep it down, OK? The deck is dry so we can sit and chat out there. The Dame's Rocket is in bloom so the whole Dog Garden is mauve, white and purple and the aroma is heavenly!

Some more house cleaning with Donna is on the agenda for today and gardening, of course! I also need to make a rum cake for after Church tomorrow since I owe one after Hershey's gobble-fest last Sunday! I've a chicken dish to marinate and freeze for a special visitor next week so will be spending some time in my kitchen today. I need longer days or more energy! By 6 PM I just don't feel like working. (Last night I watched the first Harry Potter movie and just loved it!)

So what's happening on your stretch of the strand this weekend?
Old 06-09-2007, 06:17 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Cottage! We did it again! I hope the yard sale goes well and you regain your enthusiasm. I really should have one too but it's easier to just donate the stuff to the Church and get rid of it that way. Looks like a lovely day here and I hope it's the same where you are.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:02 AM   #4  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

Cottage, when you are fully awake the garage sale won't be that bad, it might even be fun!

Ruth, if you loved the first movies, you will like the others. I have to say the books are better (which the usually are) but the movies are very entertaining.

Ms. Fussy Butt decided to get up early this morning so I've been up for a while myself. The 2yo I watch is here again, has been since 3am but his mom is single military so I watch him weird hours sometimes. As soon as he leaves, the baby should be ready for a nap, I know I will be!
Old 06-09-2007, 07:09 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks. The sun is out again and it looking like it is going to be a beautiful day. Just waiting for DH to bring me my Tim Hortons Tea and I will be sitting on the deck with my new magazine. Still in my jammies, DH wants to paint today but I am hoping maybe into talking him into going for a drive.

Cottage- Hope the yard sale goes well I bet you will have fun once you get there.

Ruth- Enjoy your day. I loved the first Potter movie. I read the first book but that it. I am the same as you I end up donating instead of the yard sale route. Have a great day.

fl_mom- Hope you get a good nap. And enjoy your day.

to all to come.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:04 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Hope everyone's weekend is all you want it to be!

My daughter is coming to spend the weekend with us.(and my older son may drop by to visit his bed bound brother) She and her BF are moving to LA in just a few weeks and they both have decided to spend all their remaining weekends with their parents. I just keep trying not to think about losing my best buddy. My son's girlfriend has already agreed to be my new "Target" shopping buddy.

My younger son is doing great after his surgery. He has a bucket full of toys he can play with in bed and has not complained once although I know he is hurting. He wanted a peanut butter sandwich last night and you'd have thought I'd brought him a gourmet meal instead of a lowly PBJ sandwich with some cherries on the side. Good Kid. I feel so bad that he had to go through all of this.

My clothes dryer decided to croak yesterday...it spins, but no heat. So I have my "Katrina clothes dryer" set up again outside...3 ladders with pvc pipe stretched between them. I used it for 6 weeks after the storm, but at least I have a washer this time. Hopefully it won't rain and the Maytag repair man isn't off fixing someone's copy machine and can come fix it soon.

Last edited by femmecreole; 06-09-2007 at 10:14 AM.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:27 AM   #7  
Ready to Change

Hey chicks I am off to buy a mp3 player @ Canadian Tire if they have any left. Keep your fingers crossed for me. They are not giving rain checks the last time dh tried to get me one they were gone. They don't bring many in. And the price is cheap. only 25.97 right up my alley. Which is amazing cause I spent so much more for my kids.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:53 AM   #8  

Default Happy Birthday to Meg!!

Morning chicks!

Today is my little one's birthday. She is 2 years old- her big sister is too cute and very excited about celebrating her big day. We are having the family over tomorrow and will have a simple cookout. It is just hard to believe that two years have passed already.

Anyhow, much to accomplish today, so I am going to refill my coffee cup and get this show on the road.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:23 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 360/354/250

Height: 5'11

Good morning everyone! I am new to this forum and have actually been a looker for a few weeks and posted some replies here and there. I just love this , but if you don't mind I will now be filling up my first cup of coffee to join you. Today will not be much fun, I will be helping my mother in law get her home ready for an Open House. She has a pretty large house which means a lot of HEAVY cleaning. I will have some eggs over easy w/ a couple slices of Turkey Bacon. Gotta keep my energy up ..... Hope everyone's Saturday turnsout great. Will check back in later.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:40 AM   #10  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Femme - That happened to my dryer once and I went in and vacuumed off the heating element and then it worked again. I don't know if it had some kind of automatic shut off or something if there's too much dust so it wouldn't cause a fire? I take the panel off and vacuum it out once every six months, but I don't know why it needed to be done an extra time that time. You could try that.

Kiko - Have fun at the party! Birthdays are such a blast, especially for kids!

Motivated - Nice to see you! Please be sure to share your motivation as I need some from time to time! Have fun cleaning - crank up the music and dance...more movement = more calories burned!

Chick - Why does a tire store sell MP3 players? That's as weird as the scale that can tell how old you are (hehe)!

Angela - Hope you get a nap! Avery's still waking three or four times a night so I know what that's like! I'm a bad napper, though. I wake up grumpy and all sorts of loopy with a headache.

Whew! Lots of chatting this morning...

Cottage - Have fun at your garage sale! Can't wait to hear what the final tally is!

Ruth - Hope your cleaning and planting goes well. I'd love to see pictures of your garden some day!

We had a great Saturday here. Tom watched the kids this morning so I could go to a yoga class. It was my second one ever and I absolutely loved it! I ran down there, about two miles with a couple hefty hills, and then did the hour and a half class, and I felt so good afterwards! The teacher does the whole class with the lights off and candles burning and her voice is so soothing. I felt so limber and relaxed when it was done. Then afterwards, Tom and Connor had their martial arts class so the girls and I went shopping (the BX is right down the street from the gym). I had to get some new shorts because mine were drooping down and showing my undies... I took two sizes into the fitting room and ended up buying size fours! I was so excited! After the boys finished their class, we walked home and the girls took their naps while I made the bean brownies (Tom hated them - spit his bite in the garbage - but I didn't think they were bad at all) and cleaned house. I made the crustless quiche for dinner, which was quite good. I made some modifications that I posted in the recipes thread. We had a friend visit with her two dogs and had a nice chat with her.

Tomorrow we'll be heading to church in the morning and then we'll take the kids to the indoor pool on base afterwards. It's nice to not have to worry about reapplying the sunscreen every hour, and the indoor pool has a great little kiddie pool that the two big kids can splash and play in. They can get out their energy and then we'll come home for a restful afternoon. Since all the cleaning is done and we have leftovers to eat in the fridge, it'll be a nice Sabbath for me.

I'm feeling so good on this diet! My wonderful, caring, concerned husband asked me tonight what this new eating kick was all about and when I explained the whole South Beach concept to him he was happy that I'm feeling so good. I don't tend to jump on a lot of trendy-diet bandwagons, but it's nice to know he's looking out for me. And what I think it totally hilarious is that he's lost about five pounds the past two weeks as well! He's 6'2" and said he's under 190 pounds now. He wasn't overweight to begin with, but I thought it was funny that he was losing weight, too!

I've blabbered on enough for one evening so I will close here. Thanks so much for all your support, friends. I am feeling settled and content with this eating plan and am ecstatic about how well it is working!

Kara
Old 06-09-2007, 11:06 AM   #11  
Ready to Change

Kara- Canadian Tire sell more than just tires. They are a hardware store. I did get my mp3 it took me forever to figure out how to get music on it. But I am listening to it now, I am so excited. Have a great day.

Kiko- I can't believe that your wee one is two wow time flies. I hope you have a nice bday party for her.

Well going to try to get more music on my player.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:44 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Default A quick hello

Hi Ladies, glad I could find a minute to stop in and chat.
My weekend started out very well- we had a spur of the moment pool party last night. My friend came along with her kids, and then another friend and kids showed up at the pool. We ordered pizza and stayed until bedtime. My DH was thoughtful enough to order me an antipasto salad, so I wasn't even temptedby the pizza. Today, trying to get things done around the house as usual! Oh, and graduating into Phase II today.
Ruthxxx, we are huge Harry Potter fans here at my house. We are anxiously awaiting the next movie and the last book to come out in July! It's a great series, although the storyline does get darker and scarier the older Harry gets.
Femme, I hope your baby gets better soon. They never stop being our babies, do they?
Happy Birthday to Meg!
Motivated, I hope I can borrow some of your motivation. I've got cleaning to do too, but I am having a hard time getting through it today. It's just so beautiful outside.
Well, I guess I'll get back to it for a little bit longer, then I think I'll give up and we'll hit the pool.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:18 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 360/354/250

Height: 5'11

Hi everyone,

Well I helped my mother in law with the cleaning, boy was there a lot to do from top to bottom and from front yard to Back yard. To my surprise though 4 hours into the cleaning I am finally told that the Open House has been CANCELLED (are you kidding me)!!! At that point all I could say was "well at least the workout was worth it" and continued to finish it all up .

After the pool and back yard were all cleaned up we ended up having a BBQ and my DS and DH were in the pool for the rest of the afternoon.

I didn't do too bad except for one tablespoon of spanish rice cooked with olive oil rather than corn oil, but after all that work and no lunch it was sure GOOOOOD !

Well I hope everyones evening turned out as "GREAT" as mine.

P.S. girls you can borrow as much motivation as you need, just as long as when I am low on it I can have some of it back !

Last edited by Motivated74; 06-09-2007 at 10:29 PM.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:47 PM   #14  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

We went to Walmart today and they were taste testing a no sugar added pudding by Kozy Shack made with Splenda. I only tried one since I don't like Rice or Tapioca pudding. I picked the Apple Pie ala Mode which despite the Splenda, tasted pretty darn tasty. I am sure that after a week with no junk food, it will be heaven It's not listed on their website though so I am wondering if it's one of their limited distribution items.

DH is on board with SB! I have agreed not to expect him to eat WW breads or pasta but he is willing to make me what I need in the terms of meat, smoothies, etc... He is the main cook here on weekends and that's when I try to prepare all my lunches and snacks for the week. I know he won't change his whole WOE but even if he cuts out half the junk he eats, it will be great.

Happy Birthday Kiko's DD!!
Old 06-10-2007, 06:24 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Busy Beachers! It sounds like everyone is having a fun and productive weekend.

Donna (and I!) cleaned all morning yesterday. Somehow I seem to get involved when she's here. As I did kitchen windows yesterday, I decided to just not be here when she is doing her thing! I didn't get any gardening done but did get to the dump and also baked the rum cake to replace the banana cake Hershey ate at Church last weekend!

My cable TV is still not working so I watched a DVD last night. It was Dracula, the latest one from 1999, and was just terrific! I don't watch films very often and need to start doing that.

Margo and her daughter the 13 year old Princess Elaine are coming this morning with Lucy's sister Bailey. Margo of the Hyper Pypers is a semi-daughter to me and we'll have a relaxed visit watching the Doggage act like idiots. I'm planning beer can chicken and salad for lunch with strawberries for dessert. I need a relaxed day and the weather looks super.

How does your Sunday look from here?
Closed Thread