Old 06-08-2007, 11:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/213/150

Height: 5'7

Question I just don't get this ? I am hungry alot lately

I don't know if I need a plan change or what the story is really!

I just finished my second week of LAWL and I started my third yesterday. I thought it would pass but lately even after I eat I am still hungry. seems I am not getting enough to eat or something.

I started power walking daily, well typically 5 days a week for 30 minutes. sometimes we walk what my dh seems to think is about half-mile.

could this be what it is?? or do you think I need to spread my meals out better??

I had yogert this morning with 1/4 bannana and 2 strawberries in it at 9:45ish its now 10:43 and I am starving.

I joined Curves now and I am going to start next week doing that 3 days a week and walk on opposite days.
6digmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 127/127/115

Height: 5'0"

I think it is if you exercise for more than 5 hours(not sure of exact #) a week they change your plan to incorporate more calories. You need to let your COD know this. Are you sure you're getting all your foods in? Right portions?
love4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:37 PM   #3  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

I'd be starving too if all I had was a little yogurt and a little fruit for breakfast. I like my food early and often during the day! After 6 PM or so, food doesn't seem so important to me.

If you are really hungry, eat something healthy (salad, piece of fruit); make sure it's true hunger and not boredom and bad conditioning. Also sometimes thirst is confused for hunger, so before eating, drink a glass of water.

If you are really hungry, an apple will seem like pure heaven and do the trick; if you are actually bored or looking for a reward meal, that apple won't sound very good.

Also, you need to be doing 5 hours of pretty intense workouts each week to get moved on the plan.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:59 PM   #4  

I will try the water thing first and see what happens. I know I am eatting correct sizes. I know its not bordom I can hear my stomach rumbling or food.

maybe I need to consume more earlier in the day instead of later in the day.

I will try that and see what happens. I will have to mention the work out thing as well and see where I fall.
I never have been big on breakfast and so that is what I normally would have before LAWL or else like a bagel or breakfast sandwhich. I don't have time for a big meal in the morning.

thanks for the feedback!
Old 06-08-2007, 02:39 PM   #5  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

See if getting some protein in for breakfast makes a difference for you. I know it does for me. The mornings I just have yogurt, I think I'm going to die by the time snack comes along, heh.

Also, a trick that works for me in the afternoons...might work for you during other times as well...have something hot to drink. For me, it's coffee. Could be hot tea or SF/FF cocoa or something else, I guess. That really helps to take the edge off my hunger.
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:55 PM   #6  
Started June 1st '07

S/C/G: 205/165

Height: 5'6"

When I first started this I wasn't eating enough in the morning - I ALWAYS felt hungry - but I've changed things and I rarely feel hungry now- if at all.

I have 1S, 1 to 2F, 1D for my breakfast. It's typically split up over an hour though.

Waffle at home, banana in the car, yogurt when I get to work

Then around 10am I have a bar

Around 11:30-12 I have lunch - 1S, 1P, 2V, 1F

Then I fit the rest in through out the rest of the day. If I get hungry before bedtime - I go to bed :-) Or have water if it's too early to go to bed.
Snowdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 07:44 PM   #7  

I will have to try that uping what I eat in the morning over a period of time.
that maybe the ticket I need to get back on track.

Thanks for the tips everyone!
Old 06-09-2007, 08:29 AM   #8  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

Steph - One thing that helped me in the beginning was eating Oatmeal and a fruit for breakfast. The other trick is to eat before you are starving. Once I get to the point where my stomach is growling and I could eat the entire contents of my fridge, I have a snack. I usually eat every something every 3-4 hours. I didn't do that at first and I was hungry and didn't lose weight very quickly. Now I am paying very close attention to what works for me and I am starting to see results.

Plan your meals to include the food items that give you the most bang for your buck!
For example:
15 grapes = 1 fruit. One 100 calorie english muffin = 1 starch

Good luck!
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 10:12 AM   #9  

Good ideas, I bought some of those english muffins yesterday. I know what you mean getting more for your buck. i can not see anyone really eatting a few crackers for the starch but maybe thats cause I LOVE starch.

I have to go for WI this morning, hope its good.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:47 AM   #10  
Debbie on LAWL

Good luck at WI, Steph! I have my fingers AND toes crossed
Old 06-09-2007, 04:29 PM   #11  

yippie i lost another 2lbs !
I hope I don't hit a hault anytime soon on losing though I am sure I will at some point.

I talked to her about my hunger and she said try having a starch in the am as well and to spread it out a bit more and then she thought I would be ok. sh noted that I was starting to work out at Curves now so if my hunger goes up after a week or 2 she would think of changing it depends on how intense I work out.

thanks for the ideas!
Old 06-09-2007, 06:30 PM   #12  
Debbie on LAWL

Great news!!!!