Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2001, 03:54 PM   #1  
Dragon Diva

Question Where Are They Now??

Hi all! I used to read/post here a lot but gradually got busy with other things and stopped coming around much. I got to thinking about 3FC the other day, and was motivated to stop back in and see how everyone is doing. Nice to see some of the old faces around still. I've been Lifetime for 3 years and so far still hanging in there, although some days are better than others!

I was also wondering whatever happened to some of the lively folks that used to post here during the "good old days" - I'll list them and if they're still around, maybe they'll poke their heads up too? Or if anyone knows what is up with them. Here are some of the ones I remember best: Rupertsmom, Dan, Rock, Susansil, Nascar, Wolfangel, Leastun, Bumby, TTTrina, OhioMom. Shoot, I know there were others, just can't think of them right now.

I talk to Slim Girl occasionally - she works in the next building over from me now so we get together periodically, that's always a good time.

Anyway, if any of those folks are still around, or you know how they are, I'd love to hear how everyone is doing! These boards always used to be such a jumping place.....
Old 12-04-2001, 04:09 PM   #2  
imaleader

and christeneu? (the professional chef/baker.)

Old 12-04-2001, 07:49 PM   #3  
Thin 4 Lifer

Default I'm here!

Hi Brigette!!

So good to see an "old" familiar face! I still lurk here from time to time, but rarely post. Haven't "seen" some of the people you mentioned here for a long time. I've also wondered about a lot of the people you mentioned. We all used to post in the Lifetimers area quite a bit, and kept it hopping. I remember Hoosier92, who got to Lifetime the same time as me. Wonder how she's doing?

Glad to hear you're still doing well on maintenance. I've regained about 15 of the 50 lbs. I lost, which isn't TOO, too bad, but still... it's something I'm continually battling, guess I always will.

Well, I hope there are couple of the other "old timers" out there who might see your post and report in!
Old 12-04-2001, 09:35 PM   #4  

Hi Brigette!
I'm still here from time to time. Remember Ziner/Dina from the lifetimers board? I got to meet her when she visited the area. She's had a baby girl since then.

I see Pat/WaterRat popping up (rarely) in the oddest places--she uses that name everywhere, so I've spotted her at Dotti's and on the WW board.

It will be fun to see what old-timers you coax from lurkdom!
Old 12-05-2001, 01:13 PM   #5  

I'm here!! So happy to see some old friends!

Yes, OhioMom, it is an on-going battle. It sounds, though, like us old-timers are doing OK, huh? I'm maintaining for 2 years now. I seem to fluctuate up and down 5 lbs here and there, but I'm considering that normal for me. I go through the same ups and downs with appetite that I always did, but with some vigilance and regular exercise I seem to be keeping it in check.

Where's SusanSil and Elizabeth?? They were two of my idols.

Last edited by Rupertsmom; 12-05-2001 at 01:16 PM.
Old 12-09-2001, 02:05 AM   #6  

Wink

Wow, I pop in to lurk and see some of my old "Skinny Britches" friends from the WW lifer area.

I'm still maintaining my weight loss. Not bad since I lost about 30 lbs back in 1996. It's still a struggle, though.

Good to hear from you "chicks". I hope that we hear from more of the old lifers and friends.

I remember a Hoosier something or other and BostonGal. I wonder how they've been doing as well as the others that have already been mentioned.

Jane

Last edited by JaneStarr; 12-09-2001 at 02:13 AM.
Old 12-10-2001, 05:55 PM   #7  

RouenMom/imaleader

I'm still here- post once in awhile in the 100# group (not the WW one- the one further down the board). I/'m not doing much for dieting righ tnow as I am on a feeding tube due to gastroparesis (paralyzed stomach caused by the stomach flu I had one year ago this week)- a year of chronic nausea and intermintant vomiting. I am still doing some baking here at home but since I am not eating I get to make the full fat versions- lol.

Hopefully my stomach will start working again though I will never be able to eat 'normally'-- low fat, low fiber, and several small meals throughout the day for me when I do get off the feeding tube so I probably won't be able to use WW Winning Points very well since as I get killed on the fiber. Even now with the tube feedign formula I use that has absolutely no fiber if I calculated my daily points I am taking in something like 40+ points per day though only 30 percent of the calories come from fat. Besides my doctor ordered me not to lose any more weight for a few more months so I am staying at 220 for now (started at 285).

Thanks for remembering me~
Christine
Old 12-11-2001, 09:06 AM   #8  

What fun to see so many familiar names! ChristineU, sorry about your health problems. Good to see Jane, Rupertsmom, and OhioMom and to hear you are sticking with it.
Old 12-13-2001, 02:52 PM   #9  
Dragon Diva

Wow, it's really nice to see some of the familiar faces! Christine I hope you are feeling better soon, it sounds like you've had a really rough time of it. Nice to get all the news of everyone else, as well.
Old 12-13-2001, 11:19 PM   #10  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Angry

Brigitte,
Glad to see your posts. I love your tag line about meddling with dragons. Good to hear from you. I thought of another gal who used to post here regularly--Nascar. Happy Holidays to everyone.
234/208/thinner
Old 01-01-2002, 11:53 PM   #11  
Girl Scout for Life

I was wondering where NASCAR was too? Suffering from a little race withdrawal like my DH and I are?
Old 01-02-2002, 08:49 PM   #12  

Hi, Brigette-

How is married life treating you? I used to lurk on the lifetimer's board as I got close to goal. By the time I made it, the names I had known disappeared. I did make it to goal, and I'm a leader now.
Old 01-04-2002, 01:51 PM   #13  
Dragon Diva

Default Hi Dianne!

Wow, nice to see you again! Congrats on making lifetime and on becoming a leader, I remember that was a goal of yours. Married life is great, thanks for asking. I started running a couple of weeks back and I use the Bluebonnet bike trail, maybe I'll see you out there one day!!
Old 01-07-2002, 01:27 PM   #14  
Wolfangel

Default Like you guys could get rid of me! I'm an addict! :)

Hi guys!

I have been lurking here and there and everywhere from time to time. I'm doing well. I'm not doing WW anymore, I have switched to Atkins as it seems to work better for me.

I hope everyone has a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Sheesh, I felt like a VH-1 program...where are they now? Cue in picture of Wolfangel snarfing down a ho-ho...HA HA HA.

Behave yourself and drink your water!

Old 01-08-2002, 03:31 PM   #15  

I bopped in here to post a question and saw this thread...

I'm still around... had a MAJOR health problem this last year (the big C, in fact ) which completely disrupted my weight-loss efforts. I never made it to goal, as I expected to, and in fact I've lost ground (an interesting term: in weight-loss we "lose ground" when we "gain pounds" ) But the cancer is gone, I've recovered from the surgery to remove it, my radiation treatments are over, the docs say I'm fine, I'm feeling like myself again, and I'm BAAAAACK! (This may be good news or bad to some of you "old-timers" like me, I dunno! )

Anyway, I hope more of you "old-timers" check in...
Closed Thread