Alternachicks - June/July/August Alternachick Chat

PinkyPie
06-08-2007, 07:37 AM
So, in line of trying to break out of being afraid to "chat" with others, I thought I would see who in Alternachick Land is still out there and wants to post? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Don't want to step on any toes by starting the thread... hope it's OK!

mauvaisroux
06-08-2007, 09:34 PM
hey! :wave: I"m still around. I've just had a busy and exhausting week at work - mostly coming home, eating and crashing.

But it's Friday -hurrah!

Hope everyone is doing well.

We're hoping for some good weather on the weekend so that DH can build his new BBQ and I can get some gardening done.

Hey Tart - Carrie Fisher is pretty nice, at least that has been mine and DH"s experience after meeting her twice. :) She signed an autograph with a cool personal message for my hubby. That one is going up in our gallery. :D

My birthday is coming up next month and I haven't a clue how to celebrate. I want to do something special/interesting but I'm not sure what. It's a milestone and I want to celebrate with friends but I don"t want any of that "over the hill crap" - that"s just not just not me.

Anyone have any suggestions?

How is everyone else doing?

mauvaisroux
06-12-2007, 07:31 AM
Morning chicks! :yawn:

Up early to day as I have to go to work 1 hour earlier.

Hope everyone has a great day! :sunny:

squeaker
06-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Hi chicks! I am around, just trying to get a bunch of stuff done.

Not too much going on here fun/important. Just lots of little things. I saw 3 of the "big" summer movies so far - Spiderman, Pirates & Ocean's 13. I really liked Pirates & Ocean. Both are just fun movies. Other then that, just been playing Wii Sports (the boxing game really gets me sweating), cleaning the house, and trying to figure out what to make for dinner on my new grill. I did get to see a great show the other night - they are touring as "Various and Sundry", which is Glen Phillips, The Watkins Family (a few of the members of Nickel Creek), Luke Bula, and Grant Lee Phillips. It was a great time.

The biggest news is I might actually go camping... I don't like camping really, except I was promised there would be indoor plumbing near by, and there would be no hiking into the middle of nowhere. Just lots of hanging out, grilling, and drinks. :hat: I figured that might not be that bad. I can always go sleep in the car if I hate it. :)

mauvaisroux
06-12-2007, 06:10 PM
Squeak - I'm not that into camping either. Did plenty of that years ago as a girl scout.

We are going to a friend's cottage for a few days in July so that should be a nice break.

It's a scorcher here and I just want to eat popsicles for dinner. :p

mauvaisroux
06-15-2007, 09:16 AM
Good morning everyone :yawn:

Anotehr hot one today. I'm glad we bought our adult size kiddie pool. We took a dip in it last night - awesome!

We had dinner in al fresco last night. DH bbq'd steak for him and I had salmon. I also made a stacked tomato salad which consisted of layers of sliced beefsteak tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, fresh basil leaves and a little drizzle of olive oil. We then had homemade strawberry tarts- yummy! :T

I've been pretty good about staying on plan this week and drinking more water. :)

Hope everyone has a lovely day! :sunny:

mauvaisroux
06-26-2007, 08:30 PM
Hey everyone! :wave:

Busy week and it's only Tuesday - :faint:

I've got to get my place tidied, groceries bought and cake ordered for the weekend as it is my birthday/Canada Day Weekend in just a few days.

Hope everything is well with all of you. :)

mauvaisroux
06-30-2007, 12:32 AM
got most of my stuff done for the weekend just have to pick up my cake tomorrow! :hb:

It's a little cooler than last week and no humidity so we should have a nice weekend for our Canada Day celebrations. :)

I guess most of you will be looking forward to July 4th celebrations next week.

mauvaisroux
07-02-2007, 01:02 PM
Hey everyone! :wave:

Hopy you all had a good weekend! :)

Our Canada Day celebration went well. We had some friends over for BBQ and then we watched the fireworks on Parliament Hill. Then we came back and just hung out in the back yard talking and drinking wine. The last few people left at 2:00 am -all in all a good day. :D

We have today off as a statutory holiday so I am just hanging about the house relaxing, reading and drinking coffee.

Diet was totally blown over the weekend although I did make some salads for the BBQ that were healthy.

Back on track today! :yes:

squeaker
07-02-2007, 06:00 PM
Happy Belated Birthday Mauvais!!!!

:balloons: :celebrate: :bday2:

Sorry, I have been very MIA lately. Just been trying to get myself togther. My apt. is coming along nicely. Still isn't perfect, and won't ever be, but it is getting more organized. My eating is so-so. Not awful, but not great. I have talked to the boy some and we need to cut back on the eating out thing - which is really my downfall. Hopefully he will be getting a new (closer) job so he can help with the cooking when I don't feel like it (which is the main reason we eat out).

Have a wonderful day chicks! :wave:

mauvaisroux
07-02-2007, 08:46 PM
Thanks Squeaker! :)

mauvaisroux
07-03-2007, 09:01 PM
I felt like garbage all day today. :( I have summer cold and was dragging my butt at work today, snifffle, cough, wheeze . . . its a warm bath and an early night for me this evening. :p

mauvaisroux
07-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Hello everyone! :wave:

Busy week at work and I'm exhausted! :yawn:

We have a Blues Fest going on in town this week and on Tuesday DH and I went to see George Clinton and the P-Funk All-stars. I spent 2 hours dancing and had a blast. Apparently it is impossible to listen to funk music and not dance! :lol:

I cancelled my plans for the weekend (except for meeting some girlfriends for breakfast) so I could get some r'n'r. I had so many things booked for these last 2 months that I was getting burnt out.

I am working 2 conventions in August so I need to relax a bit between now and then.

Hope everyone is doing well! :)

mauvaisroux
07-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Just popping in to say hello to everyone! Having a bit of trouble typing since the darned cat is draped over half of the keyboard . . . :lol:

Hope everyone is having a great summer so far. :)

squeaker
08-02-2007, 01:16 PM
Hi!

Summer is good, but busy. I am not gaining, but not losing either.

Hope all is well! :wave:

mauvaisroux
08-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Me too! I've been maintaining but the scale won"t go down! :(

lizziness
08-04-2007, 05:03 PM
been trying to maintain here too. don't know why but we're so far off the wagon at this point I'm not sure when we'll catch up. We need to though!

This has been a Harry Potter summer for me - but now it's all over and I'll have to find something else to entertain myself with. Hubby is hoping it'll be WOW but I hope he doesn't hold his breath... I'll play but I'll never be addicted like him. It's just not that fun for me.

Not much else going on here... just finishing up my vacation & then have to head back to work.. evil work. sigh.

squeaker
08-06-2007, 12:10 PM
I actually hit level 70 (highest lvl) yesterday on my main WoW toon. It took me over a year. It also took me a bit to figure out what type of character I liked playing.

I mostly play for the social aspect. I love running around with my boyfriend (which is how I started playing) and all of his friends, who are now my friends too. A bunch were people he met by playing Magic (the card game) and that we hang out with outside WoW. Yes, I live with a geek boy, but he is my geek boy.

....And yes work is evil. :devil:

lizziness
08-07-2007, 02:45 AM
squeaker - wow level 70! I have one to play w/ hubby it's a level 19 warrior & then I have one to play alone it's a level 7 druid. I'm not THAT into it but hubby insists I play and love it dammit. *LOL*
It's fun but he's too impatient so I prefer the one I am playing on my own. I can die a hundred times & it doesn't piss anyone off but me. :)
Love playing magic too. We play a lot of games and it's great. He loves D&D too but that is just for him. :)

mauvaisroux
08-12-2007, 09:20 PM
Just popping in to let you all know that I will be off on holiday for the next couple off weeks.

I'm going to two conventions -one is a gaming convention (yes, I am a gamer girl too :lol:) and the other is a horror convention.

Ugh our flight leaves at 6:00 am and I am not a morning person. :p

Hope you all have a great last few weeks of summer and I will talk to you soon - I may try to pop in while on the road. If not I will catch up with everyone when I get back. :)

mauvaisroux
08-21-2007, 09:58 PM
Just a quick fly by as I have to get up early tomorrow.

I just got back from my first convention, work two days and then I'm off to my second one.

All I did was sleep today to try to recover. I had lot's of fun, spent too much money and ate badly but hey - that's what vacation is for! LOL!

mauvaisroux
08-27-2007, 08:23 PM
Back at last from my travels. I just spent the weekend in Toronto at FanExpo - a Horror, Sci-fi, Anime and Comic convention. We met George Romero -EEE!!!!! DH and I are huge Zombie film fans - :lol:

I got a couple of neat t-shirts, a ton of DVD's and a new Jack Skellington purse.

We had a blast! :)

Hope things are well with all of you and that you all had a good summer.

We are going to squeeze the last bit of summer out of the year as we are having a BBQ on Labour Day weekend as a last hurrah with our friends.

Then I will have to start planning my Halloween decor and celebrations.:witch:

mauvaisroux
08-28-2007, 09:49 PM
hmmm... I think I hear crickets in this thread - :lol:

Wondering if anyone else is around . . .

I unfortunately have picked up a cold in my travels and have had a tiring and stressful day at work. I need a hot bath and my bed. :yawn:

Hopefully tomorrow will be better :)

Modjeska
08-28-2007, 10:22 PM
Jack Skellington! He's so dreamy. :D

I can't believe Halloween is right around the corner. It's the only holiday we go all out for.

lizziness
08-29-2007, 12:17 AM
Wow - it is about that time isn't it?

I've noticed the Alternachicks thread has quieted down a lot over the last few months...I wonder where everybody went?

I have had a very stressful month. I'm ready for the summer to be over because I like the feeling of the changing of the seasons...makes me think more about changes in my life and I am ready for that again.

Hope everyone else is doing alright & comes back soon...

mauvaisroux
08-29-2007, 07:49 AM
Yes, doesn't September feel like a season of change and a chance for a fresh start?

lizziness - sorry to hear you have had a rough month - hope things get better :hug:

EcoGeek- Halloween is the favourite celebration in my house too! :)

endlessly
08-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Yay for Halloween. My neighborhood does not have any trick or treaters other than my herd of kids so we load up and head to the "better" neighborhood. HAHAHA.

Luckily I bought all the costumes already and we are all set to go and its not even Sept.
geez.

lizziness
08-30-2007, 01:37 AM
i love Halloween - mostly for the punkin carving and delish seeds. :D We never even get any trick-or-treaters where I live. Kinda disappointing.

Looks like the stress is going to continue for a while longer...sigh. I am trying to deal with it without exploding but I'm not making any promises! *LOL*

jaxjob
08-30-2007, 09:17 AM
We don't get many trick or treaters either. We're right on the edge of a small town and most people just stay on the other side of the railway tracks. But we decorate :witch: anyhow, since everyone passes our house coming in off the highway.

Jax

lizziness
08-30-2007, 12:24 PM
I can't wait until I have a house to decorate! We don't get a lot of trick or treaters because it's an apartment complex, most of the kids that live around here are Korean and I have never seen them do halloween... plus I'm on the second story so people don't want to crawl upstairs to get candy - lazy! :)

Modjeska
08-31-2007, 10:12 AM
We don't get many t-o-t'ers either, but more than we used to. Our town has two sides and ours has far fewer houses before it turns into farmland, so even we head for the other side of town where they're packed in practically on top of each other. Higher candy concentration! :cool:

I've felt so great lately. I'm actually going out of my way to do things the hard way so I can burn more calories. I don't even want the pint of chocolate cherry ice cream that's sitting in my freezer. I know part of it is the weather. I love this time of year, late summer and fall. :cloud9:

mauvaisroux
09-04-2007, 10:57 PM
Yeah, the last couple of days have been a bit cooler and no humidity! :cb:

In managed to paint some of my front porch this weekend but other than that it was a pretty low key long weekend.

We seemed to get a few more trick or treaters last year than we did the previous two years. I think the neighborhood kids know we are open for business now - :lol:

Hopefully our new neighbours will get into the spirit this year. Last year the 3 homes across the street were just finished being rebuilt after a fire and were vacant until Christmas. So we have 3 new neighbours on that side plus the family next door, a young couple 4 doors down and a new family on the end of the street.