General chatter - When Was The Last Time You Had Restaurant Food?

srmb60
06-07-2007, 01:06 AM
I was reading around on the boards and realised that I don't remember. It may have been May the 12th.

50lbs2go
06-07-2007, 01:10 AM
i had restaurant food last night. we went out for my son's preschool graduation. it was a buffet, bad i know, but i was out numbered. i did well until the sushi. i didn't overdue it, but boy did i pay. i came home and got sick. i can't seem to do bad food anymore without getting sick, but boy did it taste good.

betsysunqueen
06-07-2007, 01:16 AM
I just got home from Red Lobster (DH loves his fried shrimp!). I had a half portion of grilled salmon and a side salad (they were out of broccoli!).

MariaMaria
06-07-2007, 01:16 AM
Sushi is "bad"?

Raw fish on rice, maybe some seaweed?

Huh.

Glory87
06-07-2007, 01:31 AM
Monday night - Chipotle. I had the usual - chicken bol no beans, 2 scoops of fresh salsa, tons of romaine, 1/2 of an order of guac and a little extra hot salsa on the side.

HocusPocus
06-07-2007, 01:42 AM
Tonight! Red Robin. I had the grilled chicken sandwich. No mayo, no sauce, grilled veggies instead of fries, ate half, took the other half home. Then, we had my daughter's DQ ice cream cake. Not my favorite so I had just a tiny bit and ended up below my daily points.

I really wanted grilled cheese but I haven't figured out how to make that work.

SoulBliss
06-07-2007, 01:43 AM
Chipotle is good! I wish they had brown rice...If they did I think I would eat there a lot!

Black beans, rice, guacamole, lettuce, corn salsa, hot salsa and mild salsa (mmmmmmm!).

Glory87
06-07-2007, 03:06 AM
I am addicted to chipotle. What I should do is buy a side of their chicken, pico de gallo and salsa and then make my own bowl with brown rice :)

Lyria
06-07-2007, 03:54 AM
Last friday - Went to Ginger and Spice (Asian food) and had Chilli Ginger Seafood with steamed vegies, Honey Ginger & Soy Chicken and steamed rice on the side...shared 1/3 my way, 2/3's boyfriends way lol.

I LOVE the tiny asian bowls you get there and chopsticks are the best...it's just not possible to wolf food down with them lol

Suzanne 3FC
06-07-2007, 08:27 AM
I went to lunch with Mom and sisters a few weeks ago. I had a sandwich made from tempeh and grilled veggies, and quinoa salad :)

nelie
06-07-2007, 09:08 AM
Once a week :)

I had a chipotle salad the other day, no beans, no cheese, it was pretty good. I couldn't even finish it. DH had to help me. (He had half a burrito)

NightengaleShane
06-07-2007, 09:12 AM
Tonight, I'll be having Italian.

Yesterday, I had a restaurant caesar salad delivered to me. I was lazy and didn't feel like cooking. Bad, I know, but I work ten hour days and once I'm home from work, I don't feel like doing much. There aren't enough hours in the day - I wake up at 5:30 AM, come home at 6 PM, anddd ride my bike to and from work, which equates to about 20 miles a day. That, in my mind, justifies my diet slip ups... well, enough to maintain my sanity. :p

JayEll
06-07-2007, 09:56 AM
I think it was a week ago. Went to a Perkins, had ham & eggs, toast, fruit instead of hash browns. Ate only half the ham (3 oz), only the yolks of the eggs (hate whites). Total for that meal was about 590 cals. Skipped my afternoon snack. Total cals for the day, 1300.

Jay

Lovestorun
06-07-2007, 10:14 AM
Just last night. I had Chinese :p take-out. I always
get the Curry Chicken and then make brown rice at home.;)
:val1: Chinese Food. :hug:

almostheaven
06-07-2007, 10:22 AM
Sunday. I go to either Applebees, Ruby Tuesdays, Olive Garden or Bob Evans once a week. Usually Applebees and order from the WW menu. Ruby's is usually the salad bar, Olive Garden is soup and salad or the low cal linquini marinara, and Bob Evans is generally the grilled salmon or chicken with a salad.

ennay
06-07-2007, 12:44 PM
lol yesterday...and tuesday...and sunday...and saturday..

I go out to lunch at LEAST twice a week just to get the heck out of the house, although now that it is summer-ish and I have my new double stroller I walk downtown, then we go out to dinner at least once and if dh works late I often go out again. If I am trapped in the house alone with the kids for too long I get crazy and then I eat worse than going out.

alinnell
06-07-2007, 12:45 PM
DH and I go out weekly for lunch (every Friday). We often eat out as a family also. Tonight I'm going for Mexican with a bunch of friends. I try to make good choices each time, but there are times when I don't--but I don't beat myself up over it. I just get back on track as soon as I leave.

One favorite restaurant (Southwest) has the best shrimp plate--6 jumbo shrimp with a chipotle orange sauce served over spinach linguine (I eat very little of the pasta) and half a plate heaping with fresh steamed vegetables.

jodicigrl
06-07-2007, 12:48 PM
Burger King--- uuuugh. Sunday, June 3rd. I ate a rodeo cheeseburger, and fries. oh, and one of my daughter's chichen tenders. again, I say uuughh!

Going strong since Monday though!

LindaT
06-07-2007, 12:51 PM
It was in February, when I was away on a business trip. That's the only time I ever eat out since 1) I am cheap :p and 2) I just am not all that comfy not knowing exactly what I am eating. 3) I am too lazy to haul my carcass out of the house to go food hunting when I have plenty at home.

ladybugnessa
06-07-2007, 12:51 PM
Sunday. Hubby and I ate at Applebees. I had the Weight Watchers Onion Soup and Half a santa fe salad without tortilla strips. I much prefer my own food to eating out... I can control what's in it.

lilybelle
06-07-2007, 12:56 PM
Last Friday after taking my DD to the Dr. she suggested we eat at Garfields. I ordered a club sandwich minus the bacon and cheese and with mustard. I had a few onion rings. Got home and got sick. I'm sure it was from the fried onion rings since my stomach is not used to anything fried anymore. I felt like I learned my lesson.

We normally dine out on Thursday nights. I almost always eat baked chicken, brussell sprouts and a small baked potato with a bowl of fruit for dessert. This is at a buffett place, but I don't seem to have a problem making good choices there.

almostheaven
06-07-2007, 02:11 PM
This is why I stick to a few places. I already KNOW what I can and can't have there. I know the cals/nutrition of what I normally order there. And only these few places carry at least a small variety of things I can choose from. I love that Bob Evans has fresh fruit. I have gone to Wendy's on occasion as well and like their fresh fruit. But I think the last time I was there was a year ago.

I've completely grown out of the fast food craze. I prefer a sit down dinner, and a meal that will stick with me. I can get my protein in the form of fish or chicken at any of these places, grilled at all of them, and I can get veggies without added gunk in them or request them be cooked with nothing added in some of these restaurants.

Glory87
06-07-2007, 03:08 PM
Tonight, I'll be having Italian.

Yesterday, I had a restaurant caesar salad delivered to me. I was lazy and didn't feel like cooking. Bad, I know, but I work ten hour days and once I'm home from work, I don't feel like doing much. There aren't enough hours in the day - I wake up at 5:30 AM, come home at 6 PM, anddd ride my bike to and from work, which equates to about 20 miles a day. That, in my mind, justifies my diet slip ups... well, enough to maintain my sanity. :p

Since I cook for 1 person, it's easy to spend one night cooking and then eat leftovers for 3-4 nights. When I get home, it takes just a few minutes to heat up food (and maybe boil some pasta or grill a quesadilla). Tomorrow night, I plan to make a fritatta (6 eggs, spinach, roasted garlic, sun dried tomato, onion, a few kalamata olives, zucchini, a little fat free feta on top), that's dinner for 3 nights!

cbmare
06-07-2007, 03:46 PM
Monday. My friend was in town and we went to a little Asian place and I had some won ton soup. Couldn't finish it.

However, tonight I'm picking up Amici's pizza. I'll have 2 pieces and salad and be done with it.

FrouFrou
06-07-2007, 04:21 PM
Last Thursday evening...Red Lobster. DH and I really like shrimp. Hadn't been there in such a long time though, expected it to be really good and I was disappointed. Normally, our eat out place is Olive Garden or a mexican place. We do eat out too much...and that is my problem.

EZMONEY
06-07-2007, 08:40 PM
A week ago this past Saturday (my daughter's wedding day) at BONDI in downtown San Diego. An Australian restaurant, I had fish and chips and some outrageously good beer!

Going to our favorite Mexican restaurant on Saturday for one of my niece' birthday...ALWAYS ~ Cheese enchiladas!!