General chatter - Who's your celebrity crush?

View Full Version : Who's your celebrity crush?

OnceUponADrive
06-06-2007, 08:37 PM
Okay, so I posted this in another thread and it got me thinking about how much I LOVE Johnny Depp. He does absolutely nothing for me in his usual attire, but when he is in character as Captain Jack Sparrow I go absolutely crazy for him. I don't know what it is...some people think I'm strange. Anyway, share your celebrity crushes, no matter how wierd you might think they are!

I also have a HUGE thing for Paul Rudd...those eyes are AMAZING! :)

lilybelle
06-06-2007, 08:40 PM
I think Brad Paisley is just awesomely sexy.

OnceUponADrive
06-06-2007, 08:42 PM
I had to look him up since I didn't know who he was...but he's a cutie too! By the way, your before and after pics are amazing! You look great!

canadian mom
06-06-2007, 08:58 PM
I would have to say mine are Leland Chapman from Dog the Bounty hunter and Alex Mclean (yes from backstreet boys).

Patty3
06-06-2007, 09:04 PM
Would have to say Patrick Dempsey, what a hunk!
http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2005/11/18/Patrick_dempsey_gallery__317x400,0.jpg

melekalikimaka
06-06-2007, 11:02 PM
Alan Rickman, Patrick Stewart, Harrison Ford (Han Solo and Indiana Jones era), Jude Law......but by far the biggest celebrity crush I have had was thru high school to this day: Tommy Lee of Motley Crue. :shrug:

almostheaven
06-06-2007, 11:50 PM
Hmmm, I don't know half the people listed here. But my favs have always been Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwartzenegger. Though Tom Cruise ain't all that bad either. ;) I'm just such an action flick lover at heart, if they're not chasing bad guys, toting guns, throwing their muscle around, and basically coming up with some kick azzed lines that say "I'm cooler than a penquin in ice water", they don't do much for me. ;)

Brendansmum
06-07-2007, 12:03 AM
I second the Patrick Dempsy, Harrison Ford{Han Solo} and would like to add Jake Gyllenhaal and Dierks Bentley!!

rockinrobin
06-07-2007, 12:09 AM
George Clooney.

Patrick Dempsey's cute, but his eyes are too close together. Sorry Patty.

Melekalikmaka, my daughter's friend was vacationing in Puerto Rico a few weeks ago and guess who she met on the beach - Tommy Lee.

nellagirl
06-07-2007, 12:52 AM
Yall, don't laugh at me but, I think Anderson Cooper is a total hottie!

Natalia
06-07-2007, 01:00 AM
That's okay; I have a thing for gay guys, too. I liked Anderson when he was doing the Mole.

Hmmm. Oswald from The Amazing Race..
Dr Evil (Will Kirby) from Big Brother
Hugh Laurie from House ( i don't know why?!!) Even WIlson is kinda cute!
Enrique Iglesias

ETA: oh yeah, and Apolo Anton Ohno from Dancing with the stars..hubba hubba!! Anyone wants to get in the mood, poke cha cha apolo ohno into youtube. I dare ya!!

WindyCityChick
06-07-2007, 01:22 AM
I'm with Robin - Clooney, Clooney, Clooney

(and I still love watching old Paul Newman movies, he was smoking!)

707Goddess
06-07-2007, 02:15 AM
antonio banderas totally hot in desperado yummy

707Goddess
06-07-2007, 02:17 AM
That's okay; I have a thing for gay guys, too. I liked Anderson when he was doing the Mole.

Hmmm. Oswald from The Amazing Race..
Dr Evil (Will Kirby) from Big Brother
Hugh Laurie from House ( i don't know why?!!) Even WIlson is kinda cute!
Enrique Iglesias

ETA: oh yeah, and Apolo Anton Ohno from Dancing with the stars..hubba hubba!! Anyone wants to get in the mood, poke cha cha apolo ohno into youtube. I dare ya!!

i tried in you tube it said nothing found

Mummy_Tummy
06-07-2007, 06:05 AM
Colin Firth as the original Mr. Darcy and as Mark Darcy in Bridget Jones. Oh yeah AND in Love Actually!

Ewan McGregor especially in Moulin Rouge

Rupert Everett - yeah I have a thing for gay guys, too!

Denzell Washington - so full of integrity and humble sex appeal

David Boreanaz - fell in love with him as Angel the vampire with a soul but really like him as Booth in Bones.

Angelina Jolie - just can't help it. She' stunning with a naked face and messy ponytail but mosty, it's her humanitarian efforts that I admire

techwife
06-07-2007, 07:22 AM
Matthew McConaughey.. :love:

techwife
06-07-2007, 07:53 AM
Oh, and Johnny Depp because the voice he used for Willy Wonka is the voice he uses when he's playing Barbies with his daughter. I think that is so cool. What a cute dad!!

And Peyton Manning. I know....technically he's not so perfect looking and borders on geeky, but something about him is just cool to me and I just love him!

LisaMarie71
06-07-2007, 10:00 AM
Johnny Depp is always beautiful, but especially in the pirate garb. My goodness. Let's see...who else? I have a thing for Jonathan Rhys Meyers, the Irish actor who's now in that show The Tudors, which I don't watch because I don't have Showtime. :( Jake Gyllenhaal is pretty easy on the eyes, and so is Michael Vartan from Alias. Angelina Jolie and Diane Lane are my girl crushes, and Jeremy Irons is my older man crush. Someone mentioned Paul Newman in old movies when he was young -- yes yes. Good stuff. When I watch Lost, I kind of crush on Matthew Fox, but as soon as the show's over I pretty much forget who he is.

I'm sure I have more -- I just have to think of them! :lol:

almostheaven
06-07-2007, 10:24 AM
Speaking of don't laugh. A show I started recently and for some reason find the guy totally hot...Hugh Laurie from "House". I dunno, maybe its cause he's such a jerk that he's endearing. LOL

nelie
06-07-2007, 11:04 AM
I love Hugh Laurie.

I also love Johnny Depp but not in a crush sort of way.
I love Val Kilmer in Tombstone
I also love Vin Diesel
Russell Crowe in Gladiator

That is all I can think of for now

Janny O
06-07-2007, 11:07 AM
Matthew McConaughey.. :love:

Yup!!! He's a hottie.
Pierce Brosnan as James Bond whoa.

KylieH
06-07-2007, 11:09 AM
Definitely Tiki Barber! :dizzy:

JerseyGyrl
06-07-2007, 11:24 AM
Bruce Willis :val1:
Trace Adkins (mmmmmm mmmmmmm mmmmmm you have GOT to see this man dance!!)

Jayjay55
06-07-2007, 12:14 PM
Bono!!!!!!!! George Clooney, Harry Connick Jr, Shemar Moore (Criminal Minds -- one beautiful hunk of male), David Conrad (husband from Ghost Whisperer).
I totally agree about Anderson Cooper -- he is one hottie (my BIL looks just like him).

Geesh I best stop too many gorgeous men!!!! :cloud9:

lizziness
06-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Johnny Depp will always be number one for me. Also adore Jude Law, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (you'd know him from Lost or Oz), Naveen Andrews (also Lost).

As for - please don't laugh at me - Anthony Edwards! I have no idea why, it just is!

techwife
06-07-2007, 12:57 PM
I also think Eddie Izzard is super cute when he's not dressed as a woman. Has anyone seen The Riches?

I also love Viggo Mortensen partly because of his looks, but mostly because he's so SMART. His political view points are exact polar opposites of mine, but since he can speak four languages fluently, and has a bachelor's degree in political science from St. Lawrence University, I 100% respect his opinion (even if I wholeheartedly disagree with it) on politics and think he's super sexy because of it. The thought of getting into an argument with him... :faint: He's so cute when he's mad. Especially when slaying orcs. Oh, and did I ever mention that his father lives around the corner from me and his mother lives in the next town over? I've never personally had a Viggo sighting, but I have lots of friends who have at the post office and the grocery store. He visits his parents up here all the time. I'd pee my pants.

lilybelle
06-07-2007, 01:14 PM
Kim, I think Trace Adkins and Toby Keith are both sexy in a real manly way.

Definitely Patrick Dempsey and Matthew McConaughey are hot.

As for women, I think Jennifer Aniston and Jennifer Lopez are both very beautiful.

NightengaleShane
06-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Guy crushes: Josh Hartnett. No one's mentioned him yet, either. ;) Matthew McConaughey, of course - how could anyone NOT find him hot?

Girl crushes: Angelina Jolie - she's gorgeous and yes, her humanitarian efforts make her even more so, Halle Berry - I've always found her... well, cute, pretty, and hot all at once.

alinnell
06-07-2007, 02:40 PM
I also think Eddie Izzard is super cute when he's not dressed as a woman. Has anyone seen The Riches?

I think the Riches is my DH's new favorite show. Very interesting, but no, I don't thind Eddie Izzard is all that cute.

I'm more of a Johnny Depp kind of person--he's actually too good looking--almost pretty in a way.

There are a lot of others that make me drool...what gets me is that I must have a thing for balding guys. I thought Nicolas Cage was to die for (until he married Lisa Marie) and then it changed to Kevin Spacey.

rockinrobin
06-07-2007, 02:48 PM
Mario Lopez and LLCool J ain't too bad either. At all. :)

SakuraHime9892
06-07-2007, 03:25 PM
I'm a huge JRock (Japanese Rock) fan, and I fangirl like crazy whenever I see Kyo from Dir en Grey. I went to one of the concerts when they came to America and I can swear he winked at me! Ghawd I love him!
I also love Daniel Radcliffe. I was never into HP until I saw him. <3

EZMONEY
06-07-2007, 09:27 PM
Angie and my "Friday Night Date" girl ~ Jennifer Love Hewitt

brandnewme
06-07-2007, 10:04 PM
I agree with a lot of the previous posts - men and women - but I see a very big flaw. You forgot to mention Josh Lucas a la Sweet Home Alabama ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/oxym0ronical/02.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/oxym0ronical/alabama.jpg

melekalikimaka
06-07-2007, 10:21 PM
Josh Lucas is pretty cute, he could be Matthew McConnaughey's little brother.

OMG Robin, if I saw Tommy Lee :love: on the beach I would just die :faint:!

I remember waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy back in my high school days (I graduated 18 years ago TODAY ;) ), I had a thing for Richard Dean Anderson, ya know, MacGyver? Then I went on vacation to Maui and actually ran into him in a shop in Lahaina...I was shaking like a leaf--it was pretty hilarious. I was with 2 of my sisters and I spotted him talking to a sales clerk. I hit my sister and said "That's Richard Dean Anderson!" She said "no it's not". I hit her again and said "Yes it is!, wait, no it isn't, YES it IS!" Then I went up to him and asked him politely if I could have his autograph and maybe take a picture with him. He said rather rudely, that he'd give me his autograph, but he was on hiatus and would rather not do the picture. Oh boy, my "love" for him just went out like a light right there. :p Haven't really thought about him much since. If I'd had the nerve back then, I would've told him forget it. :lol:

jelynn
06-07-2007, 11:00 PM
Lately mine has been Kiefer Sutherland a la Jack Bauer in his gray t-shirt. SWOON!

JasonsLea
06-07-2007, 11:03 PM
Everyone and their mama knows that I am in love with Angelina Jolie. First and foremost. Gerard Butler has been owned since I saw him in Attila and Colin Farrell could have it any day.

rubberlegs
06-07-2007, 11:09 PM
I'm with you on Josh Lucas. Like Matthew McC but better smelling! And Anderson... funny how a few brain cells paired with unavailability can turn a girl on.

But my real crushes are Johnny Depp/Steven Tyler/Toby Keith (and in that order). More for personality than looks. For looks (but definitely not personality - the man is too full of BS), I'd say Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue. :dizzy:

Honorable mentions: James Hetfield (Metallica) and Robert Downey, Jr.

kateconfessional
06-07-2007, 11:19 PM
george clooney, hands down. he's just classy. i just watched the movie out of sight, and he looked GOOD.

colin firth is really nice looking as well. mmm. haha

lizziness
06-08-2007, 01:55 AM
tech-i really think the Riches is the best new show on TV - hubby and i are hooked!

which reminds me... chick crushes would have to include Minnie Driver. Used to love Mila Jovovich til I heard her in an interview - rocks for brains. Guess you can't be pretty AND smart *LOL*

my kid crush was Eddie Furlong (T2!) I was so in love.

melekalikimaka
06-08-2007, 05:17 AM
rubberlegs, my girlfriend(s) have the hots for Nikki Sixx too. He is definitely sexy in a dangerous kind of way.

A geek that I think is cute: Jimmy Fallon (from SNL fame) or how about Curtis Stone the "Take Home Chef"? He's almost too pretty.

lizziness
06-08-2007, 11:19 AM
curtis is adorable.

i can't forgive myself for forgetting my number one hottie - i love him as much as Johnny...Christian Bale!!! Yum.

Casandra
06-08-2007, 11:34 AM
I am a big Marlon Brando fan. Frank Sinatra as well. I remember the first time I saw Guys and Dolls when I was 9. I was in love! I sometimes wished I'd been born in the 1960s, just so I could've shared their era and had a chance at them! lol

If I had to pick current heart throbs, I'd have to go with Sung Kang, Stuart Townsend, and Hayden Christensen. And I definitely do tend to drool at the sight of Johnny Depp and Viggo Mortensen.

alinnell
06-08-2007, 12:23 PM
I am a big Marlon Brando fan. Frank Sinatra as well. I remember the first time I saw Guys and Dolls when I was 9. I was in love! I sometimes wished I'd been born in the 1960s, just so I could've shared their era and had a chance at them! lol

Well, if we're going to mention dead celebrities, mine would have to be Dean Martin (or Johhny Carson--I had such a crush on Johnny Carson when I was in junior high--why?).